D&D Game

Be a knight in shining armor, a troll under a bridge, a helium-seller in a steampunk world...whoever you want to be.

Re: D&D Game

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:44 am

halfling druid

STR: 6
DEX: 18
CON:14
INT:14
WIS:16
CHA:8
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Krika on Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:32 pm

Alright, up next - a bunch of little things to fill in.

Saving Throws: Your saving throws are basically things that you roll when you try to avoid or resist something. There are three: Reflex (what you roll when you're jumping out of the way of a fireball or a trap, say), Fortitude (what you roll when you're trying to resist poison, disease, or necrotic energies that are trying to devour you), and Will (what you roll to throw off enchantments or see through illusions). Each character has a bonus to those saving throws that get better as you level up, according to two "tracks": good and bad. At first level, characters who have a good save have a bonus of +2 to it, and characters who have a bad save have a bonus of +0 to it.
[*]Clerics have a good Fortitude and Will, and a bad Reflex.
[*]Druids have the same saves - good Fortitude and Will, and bad Reflex.
[*]Fighters have good Fortitude, but bad Reflex and Will.
[*]Wizards have a good Will save, but bad Fortitude and Reflex.
As I have mentioned before, the Dexterity modifier affects Reflex, Constitution to Fortitude, and Wisdom to Will, but the sheet I linked you to should do that automatically.

Base Attack Bonus: Every character gets a scaling bonus to their attack rolls, which are used to determine if you hit when you're attacking an enemy. Similar to saving throws, those scale based on level, on one of three different tracks, commonly called poor, medium, and good. Poor scales at 1/2 character level, medium at 3/4 character level, and good at character level. Thus, at level 1 poor and medium have +0 BAB, and good has +1.
[*]Cleric and Druid both have medium BAB.
[*]Fighter has good BAB.
[*]Wizard has bad BAB.

Initiative Modifier: You roll this to determine the order you act on in combat (fun fact: In AD&D you rerolled in every round. Fortunately for keeping track of things, 3rd edition and later kept it constant for the entire combat). This is usually just your dexterity modifier.

Hit Points: Ah, the all important thing that determines how much punishment you can take. Each class has a Hit Dice, which you roll when you level up to determine how many hit points you gain. This number that you roll is modified by your Constitution modifier: For instance, a Barbarian with a d12 hit die and 16 constitution would roll a d12 and add 3 to determine how many hit points they gain. However, at level 1, you automatically gain maximum hit points (so that Barbarian would start with 15).
[*]Clerics have a d8 HD.
[*]Druids have a d8 HD as well!
[*]Fighters have a d10 HD.
[*]Wizards have a d4 (squishy, squishy wizard!).

So, get through all that miscellaneous stuff and then just post here when you're done.
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Postby Blurred_9L on Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:28 pm

You told us our characters would be level 3, so, do we have to roll our Hit points dice twice and tell you the results?
Why should we do the right thing?
-Well... because it's the right thing to do, there's no other good reason.

Am I a bad guy trying to be good, or a good guy trying to convince himself that he's not the bad guy?
Blurred_9L

Postby Krika on Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:05 am

Eventually. I'm walking you through the process of making level 1 characters for simplicity, and then I'll walk you through leveling up twice (or once, and then you just do it twice). Right now, since you are currently making a level 1 character, you'd only get 1 level of HP, which is full because it's level 1 HP.
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Postby Tohrinha on Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:17 am

Ah hah hah, I'm going to get grievously wounded so very fast. XD (Also, miscellany done.)
Tohrinha
Meta-Knight

Previous

Return to Roleplaying