Fate

Be a knight in shining armor, a troll under a bridge, a helium-seller in a steampunk world...whoever you want to be.

Fate

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:47 pm

The world of the Fae has been rocked to its very core: Rick, one of the Fates, was found murdered this morning. The Summer Queen and the Winter Queen are both, as yet, unavailable for comment. Rumour has it that each has assigned her Knight to investigate the murder - but due to popular demand, the investigation has also been opened up to the rabble. The mortals. You.

This isn’t a simple murder investigation, though one of your chief objectives is to discover who is responsible for Rick’s death. The loss of one of the Fates has damaged all the realms. Without anyone to slice the cords of the dying’s lives, people are not dying. Instead they are changing, becoming monstrous reflections of what should have killed them. To prove your worth, and to protect the realms, you will need to find these creatures, defeat them, and slice the cords of their lives as Rick ought to have done.

And, of course, nature abhors a vacuum. This state of affairs cannot be allowed to continue for long, which is why you are all really here. We need a new Fate. And the Queens of Winter and Summer, for whatever reasons, have opened up this position to the mortals. Whichever one of you most proves your worth, in the investigation and in the fight against the monstrous, will become the next Fate - an immortal fae, with the power to determine life and death, tasked with cutting the cord of each person’s life. Each Queen would prefer the new Fate declare allegiance to her; when you become Fae, you will have to choose sides once and for all.

The Fae are incapable of telling outright lies, but that does not mean that they can be trusted. Treat any information they give you with caution. You are advised against accepting any gifts from the Fae, or making any promises. Don’t stray from the path.

The Winter Queen is Scarab; her Fall Knight is Guyshane. Together, they represent the Winter, or Unseelie, Court.
The Summer Lady is Qara-Xuan Zenith; her Spring Knight is eli_gone_crazy. Together, they represent the Summer, or Seelie, Court.
These fae are available to you, as resources, potential allies, and suspects.

Description:
Species:
Weapon: (You could use something like a sword or bow but you want to be a fate. Pick something inventive!)

EDIT: took out desired court. If you've already chosen a court you'll stay in that court, xana, but everyone else GETS TO FIND OUT LATER
Last edited by eli_gone_crazy on Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eli_gone_crazy

Re: Fate

Postby Anura on Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:59 pm

Aw. Thought this was Fate/Stay Night. :(
Anura

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:02 pm

Anura wrote:Aw. Thought this was Fate/Stay Night. :(

I'm sorry to disappoint. We do have fates, and I can tell you to stand around until night?
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:05 pm

Anura wrote:Aw. Thought this was Fate/Stay Night. :(

you can stay for the night in this game if you want to :)
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Lordxana0 on Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:25 pm

Name: Torric

Description: Tall and usually dressed in a black overcoat opened slightly to reveal a white undershirt. The far also wears a pair of sunglasses and gloves to hide his cat like eyes and claws. He also wear a blur necklace, which keeps the souls of the dead he has snatched up.

Species: Cat Sith

Desired Court: Winter

Weapon: Torric's gloves contain five iron and silver blades hidden inside, making him a worrisome foe even to other fae.
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Postby Endless Sea on Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:18 am

I'm just gonna go ahead and join this because there are some individuals among us I really really wouldn't trust with power over life and death and such.

Like, I've been taught from experience here. >_>

Name: Argo Lam
Species: Human, probably. The whole winter clothing thing is kinda weird, though.
Description: Just a normal guy who had a mostly normal life up until one of the Fates up and got his ass killed. Since he had nothing to do at the time, Argo decided to join the investigation- y'know, for fun. Or something. For some reason, he's always dressed in winter clothes- thick jacket, boots, gloves, scarf, that sort of thing. He says he barely notices it and that he doesn't feel particularly warm at all. Go figure. He never really did anything like this before the whole murder thing went down, though.
Weapon: Light-but-strong steel bar, multipurpose pocketknife, laptop (somehow)
Desired Court: Winter. Kinda figures, doesn't it?
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Return to Roleplaying