The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion)

Be a knight in shining armor, a troll under a bridge, a helium-seller in a steampunk world...whoever you want to be.

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion)

Postby JRPictures on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:25 am

"Due to unsuccesfulness on other Forums I have moved this RPG Here." Also since my failure with joining RPGs here I have decided "If I can't join one, make one."

A series of newcomers in light of the ARG have been killed off and now it is up to a group of dedicated tropers and role players to find this killer before more forum members are killed. Simply it involves forum members teaming together to find who the killer is while suspecting everyone and each other. This is a poke at horror and slasher films like Scream or Friday the 13th with our own rules of horror films and jokes.

So here's the deal you sign up with your character like this with mine as an example:

Name: Jon
Appearance: Light Blue Shirt, Dark Blue Jean Shorts, Brown and White Shoes
Personality: A bit of a nerd and can be Genre Savvy at times.

For those who want to be the killer PM me with reasons/motives and why you want to be the killer. The person with the best reason and motives will be PMed back and the ones who didn't make it will get PMed with a message stating they didn't make it. It will be separate.

No one except me the GM will know who the killer is, making this RPG a lot more strange and mysterious. Which can allow this to be an RPG I can finish. Also don't tell anyone you sent me a PM or else people will start guessing who the killer is very fast. I want ot keep this mysterious and secretive, ok.

I'll stop sign-ups when I believe there is enough people in.

Good luck :gurt:
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Re: The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion)

Postby Dryunya on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:39 am

How much roleplaying is involved? I could try, but I'm signed up for the Black Knight.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby JRPictures on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:46 am

I don't quite understand the question, what do you mean by how much role playing is involved?

Also I don't care about who's involved in the other RPGs, the more the merrier (My attempts at this RPG failed on the other forums because very little people signed up and none ever PMed me about being the killer.)
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby agoraoptera on Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:14 am

Hm. How does one roleplay a killing scene? If I wrote that whoever whoever kills whoever whoever, wouldn't that be pretty obvious? I'm interested as well, but I dunno if I can handle this AND Black Knight since Black Knight is actually my first forum RP ever.
If you can make it better, don't make it sentient.

agoraoptera wrote: :| Shane just because I'm Asian doesn't mean I get to be Godzilla

Proud co-writer of the Greatest Idea of Our Time: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1236
agoraoptera

Postby JRPictures on Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:17 am

You guys are confusing me.

It's simple we write up a random killing of a fictional forum member (unless any one of you wants to die first.) and then real forum members die as we reach the climax.

It's simple. You seem to make this complicated when it isn't at all.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby agoraoptera on Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:18 am

So one person gets picked to be the killer.
Then we each take turns to write about some dude dying?
I confuz
If you can make it better, don't make it sentient.

agoraoptera wrote: :| Shane just because I'm Asian doesn't mean I get to be Godzilla

Proud co-writer of the Greatest Idea of Our Time: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1236
agoraoptera

Postby JRPictures on Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:22 am

agoraoptera wrote:So one person gets picked to be the killer.
Then we each take turns to write about some dude dying?
I confuz

How?

One forum member is picked by me to be the killer and you guys write it that him/her kills someone, simply addressing him/her as "the killer". Not every post involves someone dying, you could be developing characters or trying to find out who the killer is.

How do you find this confusing?
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby Dryunya on Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:24 am

I think you should clarify the mechanics. Considering that I haven't even started interacting in the other RPG, and I'm new to this, I'm not sure how it all works. Who determines when do the members get killed, how much time do we have in-between, how do we determine who is the killer (considering that we are playing ourselves on the forum, there won't be any murder weapons to analyze or witnesses to question), etc.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby JRPictures on Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:43 am

Dryunya wrote:I think you should clarify the mechanics. Considering that I haven't even started interacting in the other RPG, and I'm new to this, I'm not sure how it all works. Who determines when do the members get killed, how much time do we have in-between, how do we determine who is the killer (considering that we are playing ourselves on the forum, there won't be any murder weapons to analyze or witnesses to question), etc.

Ok let's go through this:

Like i said earlier we will kill of Fictional forum members and as we reach the climax we will kill players off. As for who decides that, we can have a vote over which member wants to dies or something along those lines.

We have plenty of time in between.

We can determine who the killer is based on the evidence left by him after each of his murders. He's the kind of killer who would leave clues behind to mess with us. (He could leave a knife, a message etc.)

How's that now?
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby Dryunya on Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:52 am

...sorry, too open-ended mechanics. :| Maybe I'll stick around until I understand it better, and if I don't - well, I have another RPG to attend to. =P
Dryunya

Postby JRPictures on Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:09 am

Dryunya wrote:...sorry, too open-ended mechanics. :| Maybe I'll stick around until I understand it better, and if I don't - well, I have another RPG to attend to. =P

Seriously.. too open ended? I made it open ended so it didn't have to be limited by post orders and time constraints.

Let's just hope SOMEONE actually signs up instead questioning how this goddamn thing works.

I didn't have this much trouble on the other forums (and they're hardly active).

(God I'm getting really annoyed.)
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby Scarab on Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:22 am

JRPictures wrote:
Dryunya wrote:...sorry, too open-ended mechanics. :| Maybe I'll stick around until I understand it better, and if I don't - well, I have another RPG to attend to. =P

Seriously.. too open ended? I made it open ended so it didn't have to be limited by post orders and time constraints.
Let's just hope SOMEONE actually signs up instead questioning how this goddamn thing works.
I didn't have this much trouble on the other forums (and they're hardly active).
(God I'm getting really annoyed.)

It's not a bad idea, I like the concept a lot but one: a lot of us are already invovled in at least one of two RPs and two: we're already solving these kind of puzzles on a daily basis as a natural part of this ARG, doing MORE of said puzzles does not appeal to me right now :(

Keep waiting, I'm sure if you post a more detailed explanation of the idea you could get it done. Perhaps you could run it like the pub quiz? It sounds like a dinner date murder mystery to me.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby JRPictures on Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:26 am

God I must be the master of bad timing here.

Is there a trope for that? What am I saying, there always is.

It's one big mystery, I'm not intending for mini-puzzles to show up during the plot.

How detailed could I make my idea? I had to freaking outline it in the last batch of posts.
Last edited by JRPictures on Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby Victin on Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:40 am

This seems interesting.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby JRPictures on Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:33 pm

Victin wrote:This seems interesting.

Yes, yes it is. How about you sign up instead of telling me that?

(I'm sorry I'm just rather annoyed today because of last night's conversation.)

Why can't one or two people just freaking sign up?
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:25 am

Sorry JR, I get what you want to do, and I agree it's pretty awesome sounding, especially since we now have the chat to coordinate, but I just don't have the time to do anything else. I've gotta be writing stories for the ARG and BOTH RPGs, plus Pixie and everyone are trying to drag me into NaNoWriMo, and I've gotta keep up on my schoolwork while sending in college applications. I'm totally swamped here...
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby JRPictures on Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:30 am

Sicon112 wrote:Sorry JR, I get what you want to do, and I agree it's pretty awesome sounding, especially since we now have the chat to coordinate, but I just don't have the time to do anything else. I've gotta be writing stories for the ARG and BOTH RPGs, plus Pixie and everyone are trying to drag me into NaNoWriMo, and I've gotta keep up on my schoolwork while sending in college applications. I'm totally swamped here...

Well yeah I'm pretty much over it now. Especially after that rant on the Romeo Cabal thread.

I don't want to force anyone into joining this, hell maybe when the ARG is over and this forum still runs. I can actually do this.

Really it kinda annoyed on how much of this thread was spent on me having to go into meticulous detail over how this thing worked. By the time a post was made not questioning how this RPG worked all I got was this:

Victin wrote:This seems interesting.

So I'm pretty much over it. I mostly feel stupid for assuming I would have more success here than I did on the other forums.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby JRPictures on Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:20 am

Resurrecting the thread for possibility of revival.

Also move this thread to role playing section.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby Victin on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:55 am

JRPictures wrote:Resurrecting the thread for possibility of revival.

Also move this thread to role playing section.

I guess I'm still in.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:17 pm

Shouldn't this also be moved to the RP forum?
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby JRPictures on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:33 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Shouldn't this also be moved to the RP forum?

That's why I asked for it to be moved to the RP section.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby Adell on Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:17 pm

Moved.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby JRPictures on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:54 pm

Adell wrote:Moved.

Thanks.

So who's gonna sign up without saying "I'm in"?
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Return to Roleplaying