FC TV Tropes page

It's a castle....and it's floating! :O

Moderator: Floating Castle Mods

Re: FC TV Tropes page

Postby narrativedilettante on Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:41 pm

Adell wrote:It couldn't hurt to have some kind of recap page too so that we can kind of get a summation of everything that's happened so far (or the general gist of what has happened so far)

Oh god an FC recap would be SO USEFUL.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Victin on Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:47 pm

narrativedilettante wrote:
Adell wrote:It couldn't hurt to have some kind of recap page too so that we can kind of get a summation of everything that's happened so far (or the general gist of what has happened so far)

Timeline.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Adell on Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:12 pm

Victin wrote:
narrativedilettante wrote:

Timeline.

While useful, the timeline is limited by only giving snippets of information on each event regardless of level of importance. An actual recap/synopsis, while not giving a play-by-play like the timeline, would perhaps make it easier to get a grasp at the current situations going on in the story.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby narrativedilettante on Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:39 pm

Yeah, I have tried to use the timeline to figure out what's going on, and there's a lot of information I couldn't get from there at all.

Such as: wth are these talismans I'm supposed to be dealing with on my quest?

And: The new castle is arranged in a spiral layout, I know, but I had NO IDEA that there are cliffs between layers of the spiral.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Victin on Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:23 pm

narrativedilettante wrote:Yeah, I have tried to use the timeline to figure out what's going on, and there's a lot of information I couldn't get from there at all.

Such as: wth are these talismans I'm supposed to be dealing with on my quest?

And: The new castle is arranged in a spiral layout, I know, but I had NO IDEA that there are cliffs between layers of the spiral.

The talismans info were in the quest posts for the first time they appeared, and the cliffs between layers was in the post it said the castle became spiral.

Adell wrote:While useful, the timeline is limited by only giving snippets of information on each event regardless of level of importance. An actual recap/synopsis, while not giving a play-by-play like the timeline, would perhaps make it easier to get a grasp at the current situations going on in the story.

But yes, having an actual recap instead of just the timeline would be useful.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Anura on Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:00 pm

Oh God Yes. I'm unlikely to join FC, but it's such a huge part of this site that I feel I should at least know what's going on. A recap would be so awesome.
Anura

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:09 pm

There will be a recap soon.
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Endless Sea on Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:55 pm

Man, I completely forgot about this thing. Does anyone still update it?
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Previous

Return to Floating Castle