Floating Roleplay- Noncannon Game Night

It's a castle....and it's floating! :O

Moderator: Floating Castle Mods

Floating Roleplay- Noncannon Game Night

Postby Lordxana0 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:07 am

Salvantas looked around the room and smiled to himself. Everything was set up for the a night of fake adventuring and cheer for him and a just about every other guild member, hero, and morally dubious person who saved another person in the castle. There was food, drinks, and dice all around the table, along with various character sheets for everyone. He himself would be the game master for the evening, seeing as he was the only one who knew how to play the game and the one who had sent the invites to the guilds. He heard a knock on the door and walked over, opening it up. "Welcome!"

Welcome to one of the most meta events ever to come out of FC. A night of DnD hosted by Salvantas. Come in with your character ready to play a fake version of the popular roleplaying game. Wackiness is a must of course, but try and stay in your FC character.
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Re: Floating Roleplay- Noncannon Game Night

Postby RussetDivinity on Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:14 am

Likovya still wasn't sure what she had gotten herself into, but she figured that if Salvantas was in charge, it couldn't be too bad. Well... too bad might be a little optimistic, but she was in a good mood tonight, and it wasn't even the good mood that might lead her to wandering around and getting herself in trouble. Instead, she whistled a merry tune someone used to sing in the circus until they realized that the little knife-thrower was too young to be hearing those sorts of words. She knocked on the door, and grinned brightly up at Salvantas when he opened it.

"So," she said, stepping inside and looking over the table. There were dice in shapes she recognized from the circus, and the grin spread even farther across her face. "It's this sort of game, is it?" She hadn't played one in years, back when Fitzroy had had to explain it to her bit by bit. She felt a bit homesick but still more excited. "Excellent."
Jubilation and despair are two sides of the same coin.
RussetDivinity

Postby Krika on Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:18 am

Fern jerked slightly back from the door as it opened, peering into the room behind Salvantas.

"Ah, hello! I obtained one of these invitations you apparently sent out..." he produced the paper, and waved it vaguely in Salvantas' general direction, "...and it looked quite interesting to me, especially as a break from a normal routine. I have not really gone into escapism much, but things have changed quite a lot for me recently, and I thought that I should try it out, because it looked like it might be a fun way to while away my breaks. Also, I may have been kicked out of the Library for the next twelve hours." He paused, and frowned.

"Sorry about all that, but I tend to be somewhat wordy, especially if I'm somewhat nervous like I am now, since I do not know if I am going to know anyone here, and I have not really been out of the Library much, and I am starting to blabber again." He closed his eyes, took a deep breath, and exhaled before opening his eyes again.

"Greetings! I am Fern. May I come in?"
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Postby Endless Sea on Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:32 am

The door flew open with a bang, and some asshole carrying an obnoxiously cushy folding chair and an extra large bag of potato chips strode in. "Nobody touches the comfy chair or the chips," Curtiss growled as he forced his chair open and shoved some of the other seats over to make room for it. "They are mine. Gotcha?" He dropped into his seat and leaned back, drawing a few neatly folded character sheets from one of his pockets and glancing over them with a frown.
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:38 am

Kevin’s arm was linked with Anji’s as he rapped on the door. She looked up at him, smile on her face. “Are you sure about this, love?”

“It’ll be fun,” he urged. “Ben says she’s done this kind of thing before. Apparently there isn’t much to it.”

“Then why didn’t you take her?” Anji walked into the apartment, slipping out of her coat. “She’d be more interesting.”

Her?” Kevin snagged an arm around Anji’s waist again and giving her a kiss on the cheek. “That would be no fun, silly. I want to play games with the love of my life or not at all. ‘Sides, Ben’s probably going to show up herself. At some point.” He scanned the room with his eyes, confirming no redheaded knight already in attendance.

Anji made a pleased sound, and began kissing him with more intent. Kevin returned the kisses happily, too absorbed in the task for a solid minute before he noticed the others glaring at him. “mmmm, love, we should probably join the game,” he pointed out.
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:39 am

Ben sat on the edge of her bed, glaring at the paper.

The game would be fun. On the other hand, she didn't want to accept Salvantas' invitation because she didn't much care for him.

On the other other hand, everyone else was going to be there, and she could hardly stomach being left out of a game where she'd get to stab things for once.

On the other other other hand...
But she really only had two hands.

Ben sighed, and tied her cloak on, shoving the invitation into a pocket.
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby narrativedilettante on Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:46 am

Giselle was disappointed when she realized money wouldn't be involved in the game. Well, no real-world money. Apparently there would be in-game currency that players could earn and even gamble, but here would be no actual gambling, which rather took the fun out of playing a game, in Giselle's opinion.

But then she'd picked up a rule book, and, though she started reading it in a huff, by the time she'd got through the whole thing she was excited. She could be anything! Live any kind of life, even one that was entirely disconnected and impossible from a real-world standpoint. A fictional life, with only fictional consequences! The prospect delighted her.

So, she headed into the crowded room with a plan to make the most of her opportunity to play at being someone else.

"Meet Efram," she declared, brandishing a carefully drawn-out sheet delineating her character attributes. "He's a Lawful Evil wizard, and he is going to bring you all down."
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Guyshane on Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:51 am

Marcus looked over at Giselle like she was crazy. Which given his experience in this place was entirely possible. Why did I even agree to come here? he wondered.

Still he had been a bit busy of late and it might have do him some good to have some time off.

".....Right....Anyway. We do have drinks here right. I have a feeling I'm gonna need some before the night is over." he said as he looked around the room
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby Lordxana0 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:21 am

Salvantas took peoples coats and set them aside on a rack, pointing out a few bottles of wine that had been set out. "I am saving the harder stuff until after we finish, trust me you don't want to go into this game drunk" he walked over and cut a small loaf of bread, putting some butter on it before taking a bite. "We will start when everyone arrives, and by that I mean when the chairs are full... to be honest I wasn't expecting such a turn up" he chuckled and scratched the back of his head.
Lordxana0

Postby Richard The Warlock on Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:18 pm

The door slightly creaked as Kyras entered the room, but most of the sound was made by his full plate Armor. He would never take it out, for reasons unknown."Greetings, Honorable allies" He said with a chilvaric tone "I received an invitation for a glorious night of gaming. I hope my appearance does not change any existing plans for thine selves." . He gently took a seat, that strangely managed to hold his weight."Before we begin" He said "May i inquire about the edition we have to chosen to use ?"
Richard The Warlock

Postby agoraoptera on Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:27 pm

Zi tumbled in head over heels, patting the top of her head and blinking in confusion. Two long furry ears waved above her as her hands roamed over them. Maybe her arms were just short, but the small mage could barely reach the tips of the drooping ears.

"That's weird.. I didn't have these yesterday."

Eliziya wiggled her new ears and giggled in childish delight, bushy pinkish-gray tail waving about excitedly. She settled into what looked like an exceedingly plush chair with a contented sigh, before realising first that she had a tail, and that said tail was in Curtiss' face.

"Oh! I'm sorry," she hopped off, blushing in embarrassment and found another suitably plush chair which she could snuggle into. "So.. how do we play this?"
If you can make it better, don't make it sentient.

agoraoptera wrote: :| Shane just because I'm Asian doesn't mean I get to be Godzilla

Proud co-writer of the Greatest Idea of Our Time: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1236
agoraoptera

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:01 pm

"Didn't any of you halfwits research the game you intend to spend a full night playing?" The insulting voice came from the window as a white haired man in a black duster and crimson scarf hopped into the room. Before anyone could say anything, he glared at the room at large and cut them off. "Yes, I am aware this is the third floor, and no, I don't care." He slammed a sack that he had been carrying over his shoulder to the floor, which, judging by the crash that rattled glass through the house, almost gave way under the immense weight. Pulling out a new book from the bag, he began pouring over it, flipping a page every second. With his free hand, Kurt shuffled around in the bag again and withdrew a three ring binder jammed full of haphazard sheets of paper.

Dropping it on the table, the arched an eyebrow at the confused looks he was getting, and then motioned offhandedly to the binder. "My character information. 812 pages back and front, if you were wondering." There was a crunch as he bit down on a potato chip he had mysteriously acquired.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Victin on Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:11 pm

A creaking sound was heard when the door was slowly open by Morionem. "Hello... All." He said, noticing the people inside. "I hope I didn't arrive too late. May I come in?" Though the answer didn't come, he assumed that since no one stopped him it was okay for him to do so. Assuring himself to remain calm, he sat at the closest spot available, right to the side of someone wearing a full set of iron armor. "Wait, were we supposed to come in character?"

Morionem nervously waved to the people at the table, sporting a smile on his face. "Calm down, it's just a bunch of important people... Playing a game..." He looked around for some drink to chug down his throath, but all he managed to pick up was a sheet of paper. He tried to read it, but realized it was upside down. After turning it around, his eyes skimmed through the paper and asked confusedly "So, what are we supposed to do now? Fill these... Uh... Character sheets?" Now not focusing on the piece of paper, he glanced around, looking for familiar faces on the room, save for Salvantas, Fern and the man who had just crashed in.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:58 pm

"Giselle, you foolish fool!" The playful taunt came, inexplicably enough, from under the table, from beneath which swiftly popped up a man in white, giving a boyish smile as he reached casually into Curtiss' bag of potato chips, stealing exactly one grain of salt from atop one of them and holding it up for the temperamental man to see, cocking his head back and shooting a rather absurd grin as he painstakingly devoured this single grain.

"Problem, Curtiss?" With that, Seire seated himself in the corner next to Giselle, removing a folded slip of paper from his pocket which, in a few quick movements, he converted to an airplane, then threw directly at Salvantas' forehead, before turning back to Giselle and continuing his earlier statement.

"Like I was saying, that's not how you do it at all! You're supposed to play True Neutral! Giving yourself a lawful or a moral alignment just chains you down, makes you predictable. It's not the evil sorcerer bent on world conquest you should be afraid of... It's the lion man ninja who only looks out for himself! To the victor go the spoils, and the victor will be me!" Stating this proudly, he produced from one of his many pockets a large wineglass, and from another, a bottle of water and a sleeve of red Kool Aid. Slicing the top off of this last item with the scissors artfully concealed in the cuff of his coat, he poured it into the wineglass, followed by the bottle's contents. Tossing the empty bottle and packet into a trashcan across the room, he kicked back in his seat, swirling the drink in his glass with a comically pompous attitude, and a massive, cheeky grin.
"The Apocalypse is basically just a tutorial." - Sicon112.

"Due to the ambiguity of this wording, I am unable to determine whether or not I am the leader of the X-Men!"
"UNIVERSE-BREAKING EPILEPSY RAVE!" - AMimsyBorogove
AMimsyBorogove

Postby narrativedilettante on Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:33 pm

"You say it chains you down, I say it makes things more interesting," Giselle said, smirking at Seire as he settled in next to her, looking entirely too self-assured for his own good. Something would have to be done about that attitude of his. "I wouldn't want to make things too easy on myself, now would I? What fun is a game without any sorts of limits to push off of?"

She waved a hand dismissively. "But anyway. You'll see. Goad me as much as you like, I won't be giving away my plans until it's time to put them into effect." She looked to Salvantas and grinned, already mentally composing a note to give him regarding secret actions that the other players wouldn't know about until it was, hopefully, too late.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby RussetDivinity on Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:11 pm

Likovya poured herself a glass of wine, took a few sips, and looked down at her character sheet. The room had grown much more boisterous, and the game would probably be one of those that never really finished but was remembered as fun nevertheless. She didn't recognize half the people here, and for some reason there was a rabbit trying to sit on Curtiss.

Someone in a white coat was discussing the alignments, and she thought of a particularly interesting game where she had tried to play Chaotic Evil and ended up slaughtering half a world. Perhaps I'll try something a little tamer, she thought. A bit tamer and closer to home.

Her pen flew across the paper, and soon Kovyasha the Chaotic Good bard was created. Excellent Dexterity and Constitution, good Intelligence and Charisma (what was a bard without it?), passable Wisdom, and mediocre Strength. It probably wasn't the best for slaying monsters, but she had always enjoyed a challenge.

"If you're not sharing the chips, Curtiss, then I doubt you'll mind if we don't share the wine," she said, taking another sip. It was really quite good, but then, she hadn't had wine in about three years.
Jubilation and despair are two sides of the same coin.
RussetDivinity

Postby Krika on Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:16 pm

Fern tilted his head to the side, as he reviewed his sheet in one hand, while a rulebook was in the other

"Why are these chosen? If the goal is to make a character who fills the devil-may-care role, then why were suboptimal choices made? At least two of these elements are better suited for a cautious play-style, which goes counter to the aforementioned role."

He grabbed a pencil and began erasing things on the the sheet.

"I am not going to play a character that is not built properly for what it is supposed to be. If one does not have a proper character, why would one play, as playing the role is the important thing, so not filling the role could be considered to be playing badly."

He frowned for a moment, pensively looking over the sheet, occasionally moving his attention back to the rulebooks. A frown, a sigh, and he stood up to grab a blank sheet from Salvantas' spread papers.

"And now it appears that I am going to have to redo all this from the start, because whoever made this sheet did a terrible job of it, and apparently wanted whoever played this character to play badly, but I am not planning on playing badly, so it looks like i am going to have to redo this all from the start if I am going to be relevant at all."

He sat down and began scribbling onto the sheet, focus almost as sharp as the pencil he was using.
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Postby Endless Sea on Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:24 pm

Curtiss blinked, then looked at the potato chip Kurt was munching, then at the grain of salt Seire had taken, then at his still-unopened bag of chips, then at the rabbit that had just tried sitting on him and looked suspiciously like a girl he'd met in the goblin mines that one time but actually not really because that quest had never gotten finished but whatever.

Oh. Oh, it's gonna be one of THOSE days, he thought. Effing yay. If I actually drank alcohol, this would be the part where I ask for a glass, I suppose. Or twenty.
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:14 pm

Ben glared from the doorway, where she'd been hanging up her cloak. "I thought we were all supposed to be on the same team," she grumbled, pulling out an empty chair and throwing herself down. She snagged a bottle of wine and poured herself a glass, wrinkling her nose at the taste. "Can't stab as much stuff if we're busy stabbing each other."
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Adell on Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:38 pm

A roar of laughter announced the presence of someone else who had followed in behind Ben. "Ben's got the right idea! Just make sure to leave the really big things that need stabbing to me!" Hector yelled out as he swung a large arm over his friends shoulder, clinging his mug of ale against her wine glass causing both to kind of spill out slightly. "Oops," He chuckled innocently as the large man backed off and instead made his way towards the table, where he fell upon one of its chairs. "Thanks for... uh, 'making sense', of that invitation for me outside, by the way."

The green haired man seemed to be in good spirits as he took a large swig of his ale, but as his good eye fell upon the papers in front of him there was a look of slight panic in it. "Whoa...hmmm, there sure are a lot of squiggles on this thing..." The man muttered as he lifted the pieces of paper up, examining them closely. "I thought we were playing some kind of game here." The swordsman seemed almost disappointed, "I didn't think we'd need to read...or, uh, write." He coughed out embarrassed, "Not that I can't or anything... I just don't want to."

Hector looked hopelessly away from the papers and allowed them to drift back to the table and instead examined the dice like objects. "What odd designs." He commented as he felt the indents on each side of the dice, "What do these runes mean?"

"They're numbers" Someone sighed.

"Numbers! Haha...uh, right...numbers." The man turned his eye to the left, and then to the right. "Do we...do we throw them at each other?" His questions seemed to be ignored. For once, the large man seemed to shrink, quietly sinking his head down as this little game seemed far more complex than the invite made it sound.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Lordxana0 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:50 pm

Salvantas walked over to Hector and put a hand on his shoulder. "Yes I apologize for that, my writing can be rather horrible sometimes" he laughed at himself a bit. "Apparently throwing a knife and writing with ink are two skills that don't translate over to each other" he quickly explained in simple terms what the sheet said and what the dice would be used for so Hector could have an idea of what to do. "If you need anything else just ask Ben, or Kurt... really most of the people here either have an idea of how this works..or they are insane" he looked at the massive stack of paper. "I would bet my lockbox on insane"
Lordxana0

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:04 pm

Anji sat in Kevin’s lap, wry smile on her face. “I… Have absolutely no idea what I’m doing.”

“I think we’re supposed to make characters, love,” he said absently, watching the other people at the table, the fingers of his left hand twined in her hair. A slow smile spread across Kevin’s face, and he leaned down to whisper an idea in Anji’s ear.

Anji looked scandalized, and smacked him on the arm gently, “Are you nuts? We’ll be the first anyone tries to murder. Be some tragedy or something.”

Kevin shook his head, and snagged the hand that had smacked him, bringing it up to his lips to kiss. “But anyone who attacks us has an in-game reason to fear retribution. What proud elf warrior would let people mess with his wife? And my character won’t let them hurt yours, either.”

“mmm, Elf warrior? Crow, this is weird.” Anji eyed the sheet speculatively, before turning to face the blonde man, eyes shining with unplanned mischief. “I think I’ll just sit this one out.”

Kevin gave Anji a despondent look. “And leave your poor husband all alone? That’s no fun.” With an exaggerated sigh, he pushed the chair on which they both sat back from the table. “Fine, love. I’m sure we can find other ways to entertain ourselves for the evening.”

“No, no. You want to play this.” Anji glanced around the room, and focused on Hector. “Let’s play, love. I’ll be right back.”

Kevin frowned. “Where are you going, sweet?”

Anji smiled, and kissed him slowly before pulling away, feet pulling her towards the green haired giant. “Be right back, save a place for me?”

“Right here, love,” Kevin grinned, gesturing to the lap she had just vacated.
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Adell on Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:29 pm

Ben glanced at the empty wineglass in her hand before sighing and setting it aside. She pulled the paper out of her friend’s hand, making a few ticks with a pen before handing it back. “That should suit you. You’re a cleric with oodles of charisma and a little pointy pen as a weapon.”

She snagged another wine bottle and popped the cap open, swigging directly from the bottle this time, to avoid another spill.

Hector raised an eyebrow as he was handed the paper back, not quite understanding. “You think that’s what I should play…?” The man grunted quietly, “Seems kind of...hmmm. A pen? Really? Is that… good?”

“It’s not… impossible,” Ben said, a mischievous smile on her face. “Don’t worry, my brawny half-orc will protect you. Probably. Magic isn’t his strong suit.”

“Protect? HA!” Hector roared, “Hector needs no protection. I prefer larger weapons, but a pen makes it more challenging.” The man exclaimed. “I remember this one time I had to fight a pack of wolves with one of those ink feathers… well to make a long story short, I tickled them with the feathery side. Quite a silly encounter, actually.”

Ben raised an eyebrow, but made no comment. “Anyway,” she said hastily, “your character’s name is… uh, Susan. Yes, Susan. Low on… let’s see… strength, constitution, and dexterity, but pretty good with, like I said, charisma. Also intelligence. Skilled at-- hmmm--- spying, and diplomacy. That should be fun.”

“Do Clerics often spy?” Hector asked curiously. The man’s eye lowered to the paper, and he excitedly pulled it to his chest “Susan the Brave, you spy on your enemies and defeat them with your mighty holy pen and powerful words of courage.” His eye lit up, “So heroic. Thank you, Ben!”

Anji all but tumbled into them, laughing at herself as she stared up at them, hands moving nimbly to right herself. “What’s up, big guy? I haven’t seen you in ages.”

Hector gave a powerful pat on the back to his friend as she approached, “I’ve been around, Anji!” He laughed, “busy dealing with Tamar and my old friends, but you know, around.”

Anji tumbled onto the seat next to him, and hugged him tightly. “Yeah, but… You never call, you never write. I missed having someone to knock me out every other weekend.”

“Call? I guess I could shout next time I see you...” He breathed in, “ANJIIII!” His thunderous voice interrupted the rest of the conversations around the table “… would that be loud enough? This is good ale, by the way.”

Anji laughed, and took the cup away from the man, sneaking a gulp before hiding it under the chair. “Yeah, I think that’ll work, Hector.” Standing, she gave him another hug, before going to return to her husband’s lap. “I’ll see you around, okay?”
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Victin on Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:44 pm

Getting himself a glass of wine, Morionem asked himself if he had ever drunk wine. It seemed strange that he hadn't, but he couldn't remember any occasion he had, in fact, drank wine. He noticed that the green haired giant had ale with him, but he already had a drink so he decided not to ask for a mug of his own. A smile of relief came tiptoed to his face as he recognized another familiar face, and one that had no idea how to play this game too.

Morionem glanced around and took a rulebook for himself. "Oh damn, there's just so much here." His eyes darted around. "Oh wait, there's more! Noooooo!" He whispered under his breath, then shut his mouth hoping no one had heard. He tried writing on the sheet, already filling some of the empty boxes, although still having no idea of what he was doing. "Could someone help me out, please?" Morionem took a sip from his glass of wine to calm himself a little more. "I guess I'll stay with this book for the whole night.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Guyshane on Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:45 pm

Marcus stooped drinking from a glass and began merely taking swigs out the bottle. "You people are all insane, and I'm ashamed to know any of you." He paused for a moment and looked around the room. "Come to think of it I don't think I know most of you, that makes me feel slightly better about myself."

He took another drought out of the bottle before pushing a sheet forward. "Anyway, This is my Necromancer his name is Yin. He is quiet firmly chaotic good."
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Next

Return to Floating Castle