@!!$$%!*!(@)!!$$(!$&

What is New Light Incorporated up to, and what can we do?

Re: @!!$$%!*!(@)!!$$(!$&

Postby narrativedilettante on Tue May 06, 2014 2:22 pm

Dryunya wrote:We have someone who left New Light with their some of their experimental tech. He only contacts us on his own terms, but the info is reliable. (That's Matrx, obviously.)

DO we know that Matrx is reliable? I mean, we've all been working on that assumption, but... I think there's the possibility that we're mistaken.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Dryunya on Tue May 06, 2014 2:28 pm

Ok, you do have a point, but his information is consistent so far, and there's also message from Future Adell fighting murderbots.

Let's put it another way: how could we exploited in this particular scenario, and who would benefit from it?
I'm actually not entirely willing to jump down that rabbit hole, but it's a good starting point.

You're right, though. We need to stay alert. I kind of let my guard down. :?
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Tue May 06, 2014 2:38 pm

Dryunya wrote:That's just morbid. You could at least tell us if you had a hunch. :shock:
And, well... She still might, you know. I don't want to be responsible for that. >_>

That's why I didn't say anything.
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Blurred_9L on Tue May 06, 2014 6:46 pm

eli_gone_crazy wrote:At the time of asking, I thought that she was going to die soon. I was trying to milk as much information as I could.

Well, I think that the fact that she answered probably means that it might become important.
Why should we do the right thing?
-Well... because it's the right thing to do, there's no other good reason.

Am I a bad guy trying to be good, or a good guy trying to convince himself that he's not the bad guy?
Blurred_9L

Postby JRPictures on Tue May 06, 2014 7:50 pm

Dryunya wrote:
JRPictures wrote:
Scarab wrote:Well... that's great, the question is though what do we actually have to give her?

Good question, that's why I said I'd have to think about things before I gave her anything. We really need to be careful with what we tell her about all this.

I propose the most open approach, short of just showing her the timeline. Basically, we do a Weirdness Censor on our facts, and we are left with the following official premise:
  1. We have someone who left New Light with their some of their experimental tech. He only contacts us on his own terms, but the info is reliable. (That's Matrx, obviously.)
  2. One of us knows him personally, that's how we got involved. (He doesn't know him that personally yet, but she doesn't have to know that.)
  3. We don't know much yet, except for New Light's general evilness and ambitious weaponizable technology in late stages of development.
  4. Everything we discovered after we found Rebecca's blog is pretty much fair game.
The drawback to this particular approach is that it's not exactly lying (we tend to stick to Exact Words, don't we ;) ), but it does come pretty close.

And please let's say right away that we don't actually know anything about her father. We can still help her find out, but she shouldn't get her hopes out. Our only actual help here is knowing the right guy, codebreaking, pixelhunting and being Genre Savvy. After all, Brent and her father might have... just known each other, with no underlying conspiracy.
Ok, who am I kidding. ._.

So should I email Rebecca with the information described here?
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby Blurred_9L on Tue May 06, 2014 9:33 pm

Well, we would be trading information, but I think we should reach a consensus before we decide on anything .-.

Am I a bad guy trying to be good, or a good guy trying to convince himself that he's not the bad guy?
Blurred_9L

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Wed May 07, 2014 1:21 am

Dryunya wrote:
JRPictures wrote:
Scarab wrote:Well... that's great, the question is though what do we actually have to give her?

Good question, that's why I said I'd have to think about things before I gave her anything. We really need to be careful with what we tell her about all this.

I propose the most open approach, short of just showing her the timeline. Basically, we do a Weirdness Censor on our facts, and we are left with the following official premise:
  1. We have someone who left New Light with their some of their experimental tech. He only contacts us on his own terms, but the info is reliable. (That's Matrx, obviously.)
  2. One of us knows him personally, that's how we got involved. (He doesn't know him that personally yet, but she doesn't have to know that.)
  3. We don't know much yet, except for New Light's general evilness and ambitious weaponizable technology in late stages of development.
  4. Everything we discovered after we found Rebecca's blog is pretty much fair game.
The drawback to this particular approach is that it's not exactly lying (we tend to stick to Exact Words, don't we ;) ), but it does come pretty close.

And please let's say right away that we don't actually know anything about her father. We can still help her find out, but she shouldn't get her hopes out. Our only actual help here is knowing the right guy, codebreaking, pixelhunting and being Genre Savvy. After all, Brent and her father might have... just known each other, with no underlying conspiracy.
Ok, who am I kidding. ._.

This is good enough to be sent, I guess.

This game is a lot harder and tougher than TWWF, by the way. Whoever's making this-ah never mind, I can't say it anyway...
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Wed May 07, 2014 10:15 am

I am still against telling her anything. Knowledge will just get her killed, which is something none of you want to be responsible for.
eli_gone_crazy

Postby JRPictures on Wed May 07, 2014 8:44 pm

eli_gone_crazy wrote:I am still against telling her anything. Knowledge will just get her killed, which is something none of you want to be responsible for.

True, but if we don't do anything she might get killed anyway. Her last tweet mixed with her messages to me indicate that she might already be in some trouble with New Light already.

Plus she is willing to help us.

The way I see it, either we tell as much as we should and she may end up either dead or alive. Or we tell her nothing and she might end up dead anyway. This would be so much better if there wasn't so much pressure put on one person.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed May 07, 2014 9:16 pm

How about you tell her everything, and then shoot her? Then you don't need to worry about the knowledge getting her killed.
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Wed May 07, 2014 9:16 pm

If she's in trouble, informing her will only increase her level of danger. Honestly though? We've spent far too much time debating. Either we tell her, or we don't. She's in danger either way, so y'all need to come to a damn consensus already.
eli_gone_crazy

Postby JRPictures on Wed May 07, 2014 9:18 pm

I'm willing enough to tell some information. Come to a consensus on what we need to tell her and I'll send her the info.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby Blurred_9L on Wed May 07, 2014 11:22 pm

I guess we can tell her. Perhaps we can gain some insight that way... or completely screw over. I dunno. We should tell her. :/

Blurred_9L

Postby Dryunya on Thu May 08, 2014 1:07 am

By keeping her in the dark we're not moving the plot forward, you guys.
Don't forget that inaction will result in free murderbots for everyone in the near future, Becky included. She and Matrx are our only points to act upon, and the latter is still in poor shape to affect anything directly, and rarely gets in touch.

I say we tell her.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby JRPictures on Thu May 08, 2014 1:12 am

Dryunya wrote:By keeping her in the dark we're not moving the plot forward, you guys.
Don't forget that inaction will result in free murderbots for everyone in the near future, Becky included. She and Matrx are our only points to act upon, and the latter is still in poor shape to affect anything directly, and rarely gets in touch.

I say we tell her.

So are we in agreement here?

Cause I am willing to tell her the info described in this post:
Dryunya wrote:I propose the most open approach, short of just showing her the timeline. Basically, we do a Weirdness Censor on our facts, and we are left with the following official premise:
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby Anura on Thu May 08, 2014 6:05 am

I'll just pop in briefly to throw my hat in the arena.

I say we tell her. If she gets killed, she was probably going to anyway. If not, we have someone on the inside. Besides, she deserves to know that she works for supervillains.
Anura

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Thu May 08, 2014 9:19 am

Anura wrote:I'll just pop in briefly to throw my hat in the arena.

I say we tell her. If she gets killed, she was probably going to anyway. If not, we have someone on the inside. Besides, she deserves to know that she works for supervillains.

Agreed.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby JRPictures on Thu May 08, 2014 9:24 am

Well Rebecca sent me this a while back.

Rebecca F:
bdecky1991[at]outlook[dot]com There;s my email. I think the guy named Eli already has it, but you know. Ask what you want about my dad. I'll tell

Rebecca F.:
you whatever you want to know.

Rebecca F.:
what if I shwoed you a picture?

Jonathan Rizko:
That might work

Jonathan Rizko:
And thanks for the email.

Edited to make the email spambot-proof.
-- D
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby Anura on Thu May 08, 2014 9:25 am

Now everyone, don't all mail her at once. We don't want to flood her inbox and creep her out.
Anura

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Thu May 08, 2014 10:19 am

Anura wrote:Now everyone, don't all mail her at once. We don't want to flood her inbox and creep her out.

+1.

YES. ESSENTIAL POINT HERE. LISTEN TO ANURA.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby Dryunya on Thu May 08, 2014 4:17 pm

I don't think she'd be creeped out, since she knows we know each other. Honestly, I don't like the idea of emailing her, because either we'll repeat each other in our emails, or everything will be reposted and coordinated here, which is tedious.

I'll wait for JR to give her our official position, because I'd get annoyed with a bunch of identical exposition-laden emails.
Dryunya

Postby Blurred_9L on Thu May 08, 2014 5:57 pm

Am I the only one who noticed that she said

Rebecca wrote:the guy named eli

Rebecca wrote:guy named eli

Rebecca wrote:guy

she needs to take a drink :|

Blurred_9L

Postby JRPictures on Thu May 08, 2014 6:51 pm

So are we in agreement? Can I email her the info we can tell her?

Also we got something new from Matrx: viewtopic.php?f=52&t=1370

Yay more story time.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Thu May 08, 2014 10:03 pm

Blurred_9L wrote:Am I the only one who noticed that she said

Rebecca wrote:guy named eli

Rebecca wrote:guy

she needs to take a drink :|

Oh well, I don't mind her assuming I'm something I'm not
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Dryunya on Sat May 10, 2014 4:41 pm

Re: her father's photo.

What are we supposed to do with it? It's clearly important, because Conservation Of Detail and kinda risky to show actual people in an ARG due to the possibility of being unmasked. I sure see no ninjas or slender men in it.

The sign with an '11' might be of some significance, but there's not enough detail to zoom in.

UPD: Now that I think about it, the photo of her colleagues didn't come up later, so maybe it's just a photo after all.
Dryunya

PreviousNext

Return to Matrx / New Light