@!!$$%!*!(@)!!$$(!$&

What is New Light Incorporated up to, and what can we do?

Re: @!!$$%!*!(@)!!$$(!$&

Postby JRPictures on Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:31 pm

The Wild West Pyro wrote:And I made a post on Becky's latest post. Go see ot for yourself, as I have to take breakfast now.

http://deckygirl.livejournal.com/2043.html#comments

Um Pyro I think you might have to cut down that comment massively. Rebecca's extremely paranoid right now about New Light spying on her and your comment on her post isn't exactly helping things at all.

You're advising her to keep on spying on them and act like a normal employee, even when she's scared right now. And if you think that New Light has surveillance everywhere, why in the world would you so easily comment and ask to do all this? That would just make New Light all the more suspicious of her and possibly even target her.

Also you're making a lot of unnecessary references to Frozen and Sherlock Holmes too. She knows what a facade is, she knows what it means to act discreetly, why do you need to tell her this all? I don't see a point to do this.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:13 am

JRPictures wrote:
The Wild West Pyro wrote:And I made a post on Becky's latest post. Go see ot for yourself, as I have to take breakfast now.

http://deckygirl.livejournal.com/2043.html#comments

Um Pyro I think you might have to cut down that comment massively. Rebecca's extremely paranoid right now about New Light spying on her and your comment on her post isn't exactly helping things at all.

You're advising her to keep on spying on them and act like a normal employee, even when she's scared right now. And if you think that New Light has surveillance everywhere, why in the world would you so easily comment and ask to do all this? That would just make New Light all the more suspicious of her and possibly even target her.

Also you're making a lot of unnecessary references to Frozen and Sherlock Holmes too. She knows what a facade is, she knows what it means to act discreetly, why do you need to tell her this all? I don't see a point to do this.

Hmmmm...OK.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:18 am

It's done, JR. Tell me if it's OK.

Now I have to go back and edit it a little because I'm a Grammar Nazi AND THERE IS ANOTHER FULL STOP NEXT TO MY FIRST ONE.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby narrativedilettante on Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:22 am

I'm uncomfortable with policing other people's comments, regardless of whether they seem constructive.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby JRPictures on Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:18 pm

The Wild West Pyro wrote:It's done, JR. Tell me if it's OK.

Now I have to go back and edit it a little because I'm a Grammar Nazi AND THERE IS ANOTHER FULL STOP NEXT TO MY FIRST ONE.

Yeah it's slightly better now Pyro.

narrativedilettante wrote:I'm uncomfortable with policing other people's comments, regardless of whether they seem constructive.

That's ok Narra. I'm just taking issue because Pyro's comment kinda puts Rebecca in danger because he's suggesting to her so blatantly to spy on the organisation even though they could be spying on her own blog page.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:13 am

JRPictures wrote:
The Wild West Pyro wrote:It's done, JR. Tell me if it's OK.

Yeah it's slightly better now Pyro.

narrativedilettante wrote:I'm uncomfortable with policing other people's comments, regardless of whether they seem constructive.

That's ok Narra. I'm just taking issue because Pyro's comment kinda puts Rebecca in danger because he's suggesting to her so blatantly to spy on the organisation even though they could be spying on her own blog page.

Are there any more grammar errors?
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby JackAlsworth on Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:21 pm

JackAlsworth

Postby Dryunya on Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:40 pm

I'll deal with it on weekend, proceed without me. x_x
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Blurred_9L on Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:32 pm

Dryunya wrote:I'll deal with it on weekend, proceed without me. x_x

Well, I didn't pay much attention to it the first time through, but from the pure audio, I think it's just Beth discussing something about dehydrated food. There might be something hidden on the audio, but I guess we'll have to wait for that.
Why should we do the right thing?
-Well... because it's the right thing to do, there's no other good reason.

Am I a bad guy trying to be good, or a good guy trying to convince himself that he's not the bad guy?
Blurred_9L

Postby JRPictures on Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:02 pm

Hmm yeah, it's just Beth talking breifly about New Light's history and products.

The dehydrated food not exactly being like astronaut food. New Light was founded 25 years ago in 1989 by a bunch of kids out a of college.

Also Beth is British but that isn't important *cough*evil brit*cough*
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:55 pm

JRPictures wrote:Hmm yeah, it's just Beth talking breifly about New Light's history and products.

The dehydrated food not exactly being like astronaut food. New Light was founded 25 years ago in 1989 by a bunch of kids out a of college.

Also Beth is British but that isn't important *cough*evil brit*cough*

Oi, we have plenty of Heroic Brits too! *cough*The Doctor*cough*Sherlock*cough*Dr. John Watson, tiny assassin in a cuddly jumper with a 9mm pistol*cough*HACK*COUGH*

But anyway, that's rather interesting. Bunch of kids out of college...sounds a lot like most of you guys...*cough*Evil Counterpart*cough*

Am I getting sick? Probably not. A̶c̶c̶u̶r̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶a̶t̶m̶e̶a̶l̶

As for Bastion, I got these:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bastion- ... 5455668631
http://www.bastiontechnologies.com/index.html
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby Dryunya on Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:13 pm

Video highlights

Title: Beth and the Bastion Interns
Bastion Institute's podcast. Host: Issac Imbala (Digital Media Production).

1. Beth is the head of the board of directors and the founder of New Light. As far as I can judge, she has a faint British accent.
  2. New Light was founded 25 years ago (1989, if the number was precise) by a bunch of college kids (including Beth, apparently).
  3. She said "I was one of the founders back in the late 90s", which does not match the date above, and may imply that Beth joined New Light later.
  4. The company started by developing internet technology.
  5. New Light went public because of money.
  6. Their current official product under development is some tofu-like dehydrated food product for starving countries. It works on the same principles as the Smart Soil (Think Tank?), and is cheaper than NASA's space rations.
  7. The company is expanding rapidly. Beth said "with the advances we're making, I doubt anything could possibly stop us". Gee, I wonder if she meant something else by that. :evil:
  8. The podcast ended pointing to the New Light blog, saying that it contains current projects, contact details, staff application and the like. I re-examined the blog, and didn't find any of that, except for a link to their G+ page (it mirrors the blog posts).

I'm not going to follow the G+ page, by the way. Unless it becomes vital (in which case I'll create a fake account), there's no way I'm giving them my name. :?

Also, I don't think there's any hidden content. Considering, however, that it was edited by Becky, she might have put some stuff there. I'll have another look and post if I see anything.

UPD: I don't think there's anything actually important, but here's my pixelhunting report.
  1. The rotating camera part references this site. Apparently, it's a stock footage site, or something like that.
  2. The front of the camera says: "LENS SERIES E" / "86<superscript>c70/1". It's for the sake of completeness, I don't think it's important.
  3. A slight audio editing artifact on 0:48 (after "I'll be"), another at 3:40 (after "interviewing you again").
  4. Heard a mouse click at 1:24, and some different click at 1:46.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:06 pm

Thanks for the info...now if only I could get hold of some fried chicken-flavoured dehydrated tofu.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby Scarab on Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:21 pm

The Wild West Pyro wrote:Thanks for the info...now if only I could get hold of some fried chicken-flavoured dehydrated tofu.

Given what that audio recording said, it's entirely possible that you will get your tofu Pyro (also pleased stop wall of texting entire comments, it's kind of irritating.)

(For those who are wondering, those sound like lower-country accents. So Beth was born somewhere close to the midlands.)

So nothing hidden in this one?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:16 am

(Alright)

Nope.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby Anura on Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:49 pm

Wow. Forgot this existed. A month?
Anura

Postby JRPictures on Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:07 am

Yep a month. I wonder what Matrx is doing....
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:09 am

He's keeping tabs on Newlight's progress in the post-apocalyptic future.

That's my WMG, at least.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby JRPictures on Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:19 am

https://twitter.com/DeckyGirl

Guys, Rebecca's twitter profile doesn't exist anymore.

Her Livejournal still exists: http://deckygirl.livejournal.com/

As does the video she posted by New Light.

Now we can assume two things, this thing is still on and she's went off the grid or whoever's controlling this game has deleted the account meaning this thing might as well be over.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:47 pm

JRPictures wrote:https://twitter.com/DeckyGirl

Guys, Rebecca's twitter profile doesn't exist anymore.

Her Livejournal still exists: http://deckygirl.livejournal.com/

As does the video she posted by New Light.

Now we can assume two things, this thing is still on and she's went off the grid or whoever's controlling this game has deleted the account meaning this thing might as well be over.

I highly doubt this thing may be over-it's entirely probable that Twitter is easier to track than Livejournal, and it looks like she did take our advice and go off the grid.

However, if it is over, let it be.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Previous

Return to Matrx / New Light