Past Castle RP Discussion Thread

The world is young.

Moderator: Floating Castle Mods

Past Castle RP Discussion Thread

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:35 pm

I swear guys, if this is an April fools...
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Re: Floating Castle - Collaborative RP Discussion

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:43 pm

It is not, in fact, an April Fools.
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Victin on Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:38 pm

Can I go with the character I created to use in FC, but never really got to write anything for her (other than a single sidestory with agora)? Other than perhaps her backstory, I don't think I'd change anything about her. I mean, I could create another character, but I think I'd use the plan I had for Aria anyways. I can always remind you what I had in mind, which wasn't something set in stone.

By the way, a curiosity: who exactly had "technomancy" in the castle?
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Lordxana0 on Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:01 am

Victin wrote:Can I go with the character I created to use in FC, but never really got to write anything for her (other than a single sidestory with agora)? Other than perhaps her backstory, I don't think I'd change anything about her. I mean, I could create another character, but I think I'd use the plan I had for Aria anyways. I can always remind you what I had in mind, which wasn't something set in stone.

By the way, a curiosity: who exactly had "technomancy" in the castle?

Vincent and his alchemy probably bordered it.
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Re: Past Castle RP Discussion Thread

Postby Sophira on Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:31 pm

I will admit to being kinda interested in taking part this time round, but I'll admit that I have no idea where to start...
Sophira
Puppetmaster

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:39 pm

Well... you can start by throwing any old ideas together to make a character, and then we will throw you at people to write with! There is no prior knowledge needed for anything because this is a whole separate game set in the past...
I don't know if this is addressing "don't know where to start" or if it is useless or if you just meant in terms of character ideas. If you have any more-specific questions eli and I will be overjoyed to provide guidance!

Welcome to the Castle if you do join!!! *highly encourages* :D
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Lordxana0 on Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:25 am

Sophira wrote:I will admit to being kinda interested in taking part this time round, but I'll admit that I have no idea where to start...

It can sometimes help to look at another players character/guild and see if they would like you to join in with them.
Lordxana0

Postby Endless Sea on Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:11 pm

(Arthur's guild should totally be called Knights of the Round.)
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby Victin on Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:21 pm

Sophira wrote:I will admit to being kinda interested in taking part this time round, but I'll admit that I have no idea where to start...

If you're having troubles creating a character, I'm on the same boat, and I'll give you an advice that might sound obvious: make a character that you would like to write. I think that's the only requirement.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Lordxana0 on Mon May 04, 2015 1:40 am

So what is the eta on this hella expansion?
Lordxana0

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Mon May 04, 2015 9:39 am

*jeopardy theme*
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Sophira on Mon May 04, 2015 9:13 pm

Oh, eep, I'm probably holding things up.

...I'm sorry, I'm bad at this. I think I'll probably sit out again...
Sophira
Puppetmaster

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Mon May 04, 2015 11:52 pm

oh no you are not holding anything up at all soph. <3

I am waiting on three things.

One, qara.

Two, the time to write the opening.

Three, sleep.

So once I have those we'll be good.

I would love to have you play soph but please don't be pressured I would like you to have fun and not be stressed.
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Lordxana0 on Sat May 16, 2015 4:34 pm

Updated my character by removing his arms. Couldn't find a good picture of a mage looking guy without arms, real shame. Oh also two different spells.
Lordxana0

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Sun May 17, 2015 1:55 pm

Hey! Balancing characters by removing their arms and replacing them with astral replicas is MY thing! Or, at least, I was doing it before it was cool.

...Nah, jk, it's fine. :P
"The Apocalypse is basically just a tutorial." - Sicon112.

"Due to the ambiguity of this wording, I am unable to determine whether or not I am the leader of the X-Men!"
"UNIVERSE-BREAKING EPILEPSY RAVE!" - AMimsyBorogove
AMimsyBorogove

Postby Sicon112 on Fri May 22, 2015 10:07 pm

Yes, I just gave my character an Ego score for laughs. Also, ignore Mimsy's rating system for whatever the hell he was doing with his bio when reading mine. I've based my letter rankings on human possibility not... ghosty stuff.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Endless Sea on Fri May 22, 2015 11:16 pm

Does that say "Personal Skills" or "Personal Smells"?
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby Victin on Sat May 23, 2015 11:32 am

FYI, the pictures in your sheet aren't loading for me.
Victin

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Sat May 23, 2015 3:37 pm

Odd. Pix was having that problem as well. They're loading just fine for me, though.

"Due to the ambiguity of this wording, I am unable to determine whether or not I am the leader of the X-Men!"
AMimsyBorogove

Postby Lordxana0 on Sun May 24, 2015 8:01 pm

So I have questions that I feel need to be asked before I can write the next quest.

1. Did everyone arrive together at the castle but split up? Even those of separate alliances would probably still have joined up with Arthur to get there seeing as he would probably have funded the expedition.

2. If two is true then do all characters have a vague idea that other people are searching for things. Like would my character know that there was a party searching for water?

3. Is there a base camp set up for the various parties that have first arrived, or are characters divided two by two and just kind of expected to find each other?

4. Is Arthur calling the shots with everyone in terms of their various goals, finding water, finding food, etc.? I am cool with that seeing as he probably funded everything and Rao would probably listen until they have a working infrastructure so that he can comfortably do whatever he wants.

I probably have more questions, but I don't feel I can write a top notch response until I know some of these things.
Lordxana0

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Sun May 24, 2015 9:18 pm

1) Yes, technically. Arthur didn't fund, so much as "Hey buddy, you have this nice piece of land. it would suck if someone... hurt it."

2) I guess we figured that, in the event there were an expedition, the immediate concern would be that of water/food/shelter. Individual alliances are free to hoard/distribute at will. So, to answer, I don't know, it's up to you/your character.

3) There is no base camp until Jack and Tohr (I think) write one into being. Arthur is leading a mercenary band, not a nursery.

4) Arthur would love to boss everyone around, but that doesn't mean people are listening.
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Lordxana0 on Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:05 am

So its been about a month since the last quest was posted and it has been all silent 'round here. Is this dead or just on another hiatus?
Lordxana0

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:35 am

Dunno.

AMimsyBorogove

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:08 pm

WELL 1/2 of the GM team is moving to the other side of the continent today!

I think it is very reasonable under such circumstances to allow for the GMs to get settled in before expecting the next round of quests.
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:38 pm

I've got no complaints about that. I'll just keep on leaving this tab open though, so I know the moment something changes. :D I'm excited to get to play some more.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Next

Return to Floating Castle Past