Dream Journal

Anything goes.

Re: Dream Journal

Postby agoraoptera on Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:21 pm

Had this dream, it was so macabre that it almost felt like a nightmare..

I was in this small town, it seemed idyllic and nice, and I was a resident there. But under the niceness, things just felt vaguely off. People who went too far in disobeying the.. someone. Some vague higher-ups that everyone knows but never talks about. Whenever someone goes too far against the whoever they are, they'd vanish. I stumbled across the corpse of one such girl in the woods, her insides spilling over the floor of an abandoned cable car. The town was on some sort of mountaintop-ish thing.

I saw people get taken away. Until suddenly, my time had come. The sheriff, a nice guy I knew, gently brought me to the prison. I sat at the waiting area where visitors wait, and I picked up this sort of paper magazine, which was a sort of... town paper? But also a sort of periodical for the whatever shadowy organisation that really ruled us. This was the part from where it just went fucking crazy for me.

So I flipped through the periodical, it wasn't very long. News about the town, the sort of propaganda you'd expect in this sort of 1984 situation. Then I flipped all the way to the end, then I found that on the last page, I could flip out another page (cos it's like those sort of A4-sized newsletters). I can't remember what it was, but it talked about something within some level of the organisation. Then I flipped again. And again. And again. And it kept going on. No matter how much I tried to thumb out all the pages, there were always more I could pry out from the end.

The worst thing was, if I tried to quickly rush through and not see each flipped out page, if I tried to flip to the end, the pages I'd look at would be right from the start of the 'normal' newsletter, the original section. Then it'd continue on into the so-called hidden section and I'd have to read through everything all over again.

I can't give any specifics, but there was this overall atmosphere of gloating and mockery directed at me. For example, there was a column that had a list of the levels (how deep it went through the mountain, I think) illustrated in an overblown manner like something you'd see in kid's magazine diagrams. Then there was this page where I flipped to and it just read "You've reached the end. Well done." or something along those lines, but then I could pull out another goddamned page and the next page was all "No, I'm serious, this is the end" and it continued in this vein for the next few pages.

It took forever, but I eventually reached the end, where I couldn't pry out any more pages. With my fingers stuck between several pages, I held up the periodical and it was so fucking thick it wasn't possible and then the sheriff, who'd been very kindly about things and sort of on my side against.. someone who was there but wasn't and was from the organisation, suddenly snapped. His entire manner changed, as if he was one of them now, and he took me outside where it was dark, and told me that I needed to be hanged.

I think it was the psychological pressure from the newsletter; by this time, I was thankful for anything that gave me some reprieve. I wanted to be hanged and went along with him willingly.

There was something about entering his car, and then I finally broke out of the dream, with a horrible tension in my chest and near-trembling, but not quite. Micro-shivers.
If you can make it better, don't make it sentient.

agoraoptera wrote: :| Shane just because I'm Asian doesn't mean I get to be Godzilla

Proud co-writer of the Greatest Idea of Our Time: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1236
agoraoptera

Postby narrativedilettante on Fri May 09, 2014 2:11 pm

Last night I dreamed that I was in the back seat of my car, which was in a hospital parking lot. In the driver's seat was Dryu, and in the front passenger seat was Ron Weasley. A wind or something was causing the car to move, and at first I thought it wasn't really a big deal, but then the car rolled over the curb and onto a hillside that bordered the parking lot. I told Dryu to brake, but since he's used to Russian cars, he couldn't figure out which pedal was the brake pedal. (I don't think that actually makes any sense but hey, that's dream logic for you.) He did manage to steer, so that instead of the car going further up the hill, we got back to the parking lot. By then, we'd picked up quite a lot of momentum, so we kept going until we'd driven across the parking lot to the other side. I managed to put on the parking brake (which should've already been on, since we were parked, but again, dream logic) but it wasn't enough to stop us, and we rolled out of the parking lot again, this time over a cliff.

The car hit a bunch of branches and tree trunks as we fell, before finally coming to a rest. The car was completely wrecked. Dryu and I seemed to be mostly unharmed, but Ron was hurt pretty badly. We needed to get him to a hospital, which luckily, was very close by. I called 911, but at the same time we were carrying Ron to the hospital, so I worried that emergency workers would come looking for us but we wouldn't be there anymore. I wondered whether just giving the location of my wrecked car was worth an emergency call or if I was just wasting their time. The call disconnected anyway, so I didn't have to worry to much about it. Ron was confused about things and we had to tell him about muggle hospitals and how they worked in order to calm him down. It was hard to find the emergency room, and on the way we walked past the ambulance bay and I worried about blocking the ambulances from getting out, but at the same time we were an emergency case and deserved to be there, even though we weren't arriving in an ambulance.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Endless Sea on Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:08 pm

Baugh, I don't remember what last night's dream was about, except that it was long and annoying, featured some unholy combination of Tera Online and Warframe or something, involved way too damn much searching for old Bionicle pieces, and featured a distressing number of appearances from a longtime crush. @_@
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby Anura on Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:11 pm

We went to Jurassic Park, went in through the back entrance because my sister was a terrible driver (she was literally backseat driving; she had a remote control wheel, like the kind you use to play games), and for some reason we'd brought the cat with us but she wasn't allowed out of the car.

And we didn't even see any dinosaurs, and that didn't seem weird to me. I think my brain just supplied somewhere to be going.
Anura

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:23 am

Last night I had a dream that the bookstore had some sort of big sale and stuff going on and they had this deal where for a very reasonable price I could get five random books from the sci-fi section-- that is, I don't get to choose them; I just get a package of surprise books from that section. So I figured that was a great idea and I did it and then I took it home and started to look and the books I got.

The first one was Neverwhere, which I already have, but I was like Okay, it's never bad to have a second copy of a good book. But then TWO MORE out of the five books were also Neverwhere, and then I felt kind of annoyed like I'd paid for five different books and the bookstore was just ripping me off by giving me three of the same one!

So I went BACK to the bookstore and tried to explain what had happened except for some reason when I bought the five-books-together package they didn't give me a bill because that promotion doesn't come with a bill? and I didn't think the guy at the cash would know about the promotion, so instead I told him I bought the book when I was really tired, so I accidentally took the wrong one (i.e., a book I don't want / already own) and also don't know where I put my bill, but I'd really like to just switch it for the one I did want and pay the difference if necessary.

And the guy was, totally unreasonably, giving me a whole argument about that and then he was like "well I can't just let you go into the store ALONE" and I suggested he accompany me to see that I'm not stealing anything and then he pointed out that he couldn't leave the cash unmanned so I pointed to two other cashiers who had just shown up and asked "well, what about them?"

And he was unimpressed but he asked them if either of them WANTED to chaperone me and one, a young blonde woman, seemed really excited about it so he grumbled and let me go with her. She took me to the sci-fi section and wanted to help me look around for a book I wanted more, and pointed out the table of "popular books" which seemed to consist mostly of Amelia Atwater-Rhodes books (that made me happy) and we chatted about them for a while and I mentioned to her that I'd beta-read for a couple of the newer ones but I don't think she heard me, and then I went to the other shelf because I'd actually wanted to switch Neverwhere out for Stardust, which I also like but don't own. And first this time I actually almost took another copy of Neverwhere that just had a different cover but then she alerted me to my mistake and I fixed it and she let me swap out the books without any trouble and I was happy.

Then on my way home (still in the dream) I tried to explain to my family what I'd done but they were all confused and didn't understand my explanation, and then I started wondering if I should go to other branches of the bookstore to do the same thing with my remaining two extraneous copies of Neverwhere (and, if so, what I'd trade them for).
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Endless Sea on Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:26 pm

So, last night I ended up waking up five times or something in my dream before waking up for real. Bluh.
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:22 pm

My dream last night was an odd combination of Discworld, Dresden Files, and Fawlty Towers (and my old high school) so I am recording it here in order to work through my bafflement at that combination.

In my dream last night my old high school drafted me and three other students or former students of theirs (two of whom I actually know, and are three years younger than me though in the dream they were only two years younger) to competitively draw pictures of citrons.

Later in the dream, I was investigating something in a sketchy paint warehouse and got into a scuffle with a masked individual, where I discovered that someone was poisoning people using vials of black paint. The miscreant got away, but I consulted with my colleagues, because I was a member of the Ankh-Morpork City Watch (Discworld). I went to speak to someone who was a combination of Johnny Marcone (Dresden Files) and Basil Fawlty (Fawlty Towers), initially to arrest him but I soon realized on a hunch that though the crime was based in his warehouses, he was as much a victim of it as anyone and I somehow knew who the real culprit was.

I warned him, and though he didn't believe me at first, he remembered that the suspect-- a combination of Polly from Fawlty Towers and one of those girls from my high school-- had just given him a cup of tea. He poured the tea down the sink, and sure enough, it had been poisoned. He thanked me as he left, and I saluted him with my lance (or possibly wizard's staff).

Then I went to arrest that girl except I'd gotten down several blocks in the rain before I realized that a) I wasn't sure if I was actually supposed to arrest her and b) I didn't actually know where she lived. I was going to call my sister to ask her to ask Commander Vimes what I should do (since for some reason I didn't have his number on my phone), but then I decided to just go home. No sooner had I turned around than our poisoner, who did indeed live near there, saw me, and started to give chase. Unprofessionally, I began to run away from her, doing a cool though impossible Parkour thing where I'd run up, jump onto a high level on the side of a building, and jump from that one to another up the street.

Eventually the poisoner caught up to me, but I had the advantage of knowing, unlike all her other victims, about the poison in advance, so I got a bit beaten up but I didn't let myself get poisoned. My colleagues from the City Watch, or possibly the White Council, showed up soon after and apprehended the poisoner and called me a hero and my high school disqualified that girl from the citron-drawing contest, which is, after all, the most important consequence of attempted murder.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby RussetDivinity on Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:57 am

Last night, I dreamed that I was with someone (I don't remember who) and we had killed a man and were trying to hide the body. We settled on burying it in a graveyard, but the police showed up. With the grave still half-dug and the body lying in it, we said that we were only out on a date and started kissing. The cops bought it, and we finished the job. We also poured meat on the body (to distract the dogs, I guess?) along with bleach and ammonia, but those two made noxious fumes, so I told my partner in crime to run, then without seeing if she followed, raced out of the graveyard.

Then Tohr tried to confess to a partial version of the crime, and I stepped in to take a little blame, because there's no way my kid sister would get all the credit for my murder. (I didn't say a word about my partner. I have enough honor to protect her.)
Jubilation and despair are two sides of the same coin.
RussetDivinity

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:59 am

The other night I had a dream in which I got either a phone call or a tweet (dreams are vague on such details) from Mr. Administrator telling me to go outside and look for a body. I thought this seemed kind of sketchy and also it was dark out so I told him maybe tomorrow but he was like "NO YOU SHOULD REALLY CHECK NOW" so I figured that was a hint that something was doing so I went outside and sure enough there was what looked like a body which kind of freaked me out but then I realized it was just a person PRETENDING to be a dead/unconscious body and, upon further investigation, I found a former roommate of mine and a bunch of her British friends sitting in a circle saying some magic spell that was making everybody fall asleep and realized: they were acting.

As I ran back inside to tweet the picture I'd taken to Mr. Administrator, I made the meta excuse in my head for me not also falling prey to their "spell" that as a Metaguard, already experienced in such strange matters, I was somehow immune (while really I knew it was because it simply wasn't real, but suspension of disbelief and all that). On my way I ran into this person who's sort of the head of a student group I'm involved in except I don't think much of the way he runs it but ANYWAY I saw him and naturally assumed he knew what was what so I called out to him and said, "Tell Mr. Administrator mission accomplished!" and he was like "I have no idea what you're talking about," which was probably true.

I was walking across campus reflecting on a) how wonderful it is that there is finally a sequel to TWWF, because that is obviously what this was, and b) how it's really too bad that there are no metaguards on campus with whom I can discuss this, and c) how that's particularly ironic since I transferred universities specifically so I could go to school with fellow metaguards (this is not true in real life), and d) how lovely this huge stone square/monument to TWWF was that I was walking past (it WAS pretty incredible, there was this big solemn wall with a quote from the game engraved in brass plates and stuff).

Then I met up with a whole bunch of fellow Metaguards in the cafeteria (contradicting (b)), where we got free lunch supplied by the government of Ontario (at first I thought I couldn't actually eat any of it but then I noticed they had bananas which are fruit and I can eat that so I was like yay! I will eat a banana instead of a free government-supplied lunch), and then sat down at this one table where a bunch of the puppetmasters came over to us. They introduced somebody who had hitherto been totally unmentioned in the credits or postmortem or ever (because in real life she is not a real person to really exist) and explained that it had been her job to monitor our community and see when we were READY for a sequel and only now were both the puppetmasters and metaguards emotionally ready. Then they asked me some things about the scene I'd seen with my British roommate, and corrected some things that the actresses had done wrong ("They were supposed to all be bald I don't know why they didn't shave their heads for that"), and then told us "Okay just pretend we're not here and discuss things," which we promptly did.

Basically it was great and when I woke up I was sad that the sequel was not real, and also that I do not get to eat my nonexistent government-supplied lunch with you guys every day.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Pixelmage on Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:53 am

:)

So, long time without any of it, but tonight I got a Lucid Dream again. Oddly enough I was beginning to feel unsatisfied with the direction my dream was taking. It wasn't a nightmare, strictly speaking, but it wasn't nice either. So I started wanting to switch scenes. Cue sudden drop into a roguelike labyrinth out of nowhere. But, I already knew I was dreaming, I was just trying to establish that I was in charge, so the character started moving at my whim until I managed to get into first-person-perspective.

Now the fun started - I couldn't change the environment. I was in a cave-like structure, I was pretty much fully Lucid at the point, and the dream refused to change... Mildly panicked for a fraction of a second, I decided to try dream logic and pushed against the wall, causing my body to move backward (since the setting doesn't want to change, maybe I will) and then I phased through the floor and started falling in a void outside of that dungeon structure, watching its design from outside. It was nice falling, and I just watched the layers upon layers for a while... Then it reminded me that it was a block-like design, akin to minecraft.

So I started to reorient myself to fly up and to the surface to see what was there. Well, overall it felt a lot like Minecraft worlds in structure, but a lot more organic, with a lot more detail and variety than the game itself has.

Yeap. First Lucid Dream in over a year, what do I do? Fly around. xD
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Krika on Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:17 pm

So I actually remember a dream that I had enough to record it.

I was playing this video game, with graphics like that of the Gen 6 Pokémon games, but it felt more like a free-form exploration-thing, Skyrim-ish? I had just entered a town, and went to check out the land north of it. An impressive-looking vista told me that to a graveyard-church-sorta themed area to the right (so north-east of the town I had just entered), and north was this place with snowy mountains and an inexplicably visible cave entrance despite the distance. Then of course I fell off of a cliff while doing some exploring and ended up wandering toward the town to the north.

Weird.
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:40 pm

I actually had this dream quite a while ago and I meant to tell you about it but I forgot til now. Oh well.

But anyway, most of the details are lost at this point, but I remember my teeth starting to fall out. And really, what is with me, why do I keep having dreams about my teeth falling out!? But either way, something was going on with me and the only way to fix it was by pulling all my teeth out. I remember getting plenty of assurances that dentures werent so bad and I'd be perfectly fine. But they wouldn't knock me out, so I could feel them pulling my teeth out. Ergh.

At one point I remember running out to look in the mirror halfway through and trying to smile, and I'm just like "If I only tilt my lips like this and don't open too wide, I could make this work," but someone else comes in and starts to talk to me, and I'm trying to be polite and talk back without letting too much blood start pouring out of my mouth, but it does anyway, and she doesn't say anything, she just keeps talking to me. And then I woke up.

I take to checking my teeth with my tongue after these sorts of dreams quite often, now. :?
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:58 pm

I had a dream Adell drowned.
eli_gone_crazy

Postby narrativedilettante on Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:56 am

eli_gone_crazy wrote:I had a dream Adell drowned.

:cry:
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Endless Sea on Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:31 am

D:
Endless Sea

Postby Adell on Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:58 pm

I hate that guy. :lol:
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Endless Sea on Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:58 pm

I don't recall most of what I dreamed last night, but I remember it ended with three inch-long sea dragons worming their way into my bloodstream through the palm of my left hand to grant me the ability to summon stuff.

For the record, this sort of thing is normal fare for me. @_@
Endless Sea

Postby Endless Sea on Sun May 17, 2015 9:13 pm

Update: sleep deprivation does weird things to my head, and unusually vivid dreams are among those things. Highlights: waking up while dreaming and believing it's ten in the evening, Sicon brainhaxxing me (I guess I've been gaming with the broteam way too long), and someone, almost definitely a person, nuzzling my leg. What the shit.
Endless Sea

Postby Endless Sea on Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:25 pm

Don't remember much of last night's dream, but it involved me in high school getting shifted to a class that required me to have metal plates screwed onto my flesh for reasons I don't quite recall, and also wandering through a spacious, dilapidated hotel outside a railroad in disrepair for similarly unknown reasons. Bleh.
Endless Sea

Postby Endless Sea on Sun May 14, 2017 7:11 pm

Aaaaaaaaaaaand THIS time it was dreaming about a book my dad gave me. An extremely trippy, Phillip K. Dick-ish book. With a VHS taped to it. And a library thingy, but one that indicated the book hadn't been checked out. And short story pages strewn all over the floor, which seemed like a cross between my room's and the computer room's, except extra dark. And at some point I was at my grandmother's house, except it was oddly forested and there were a lot of people in the backyard and maybe there was a beach? God it was weird.
Endless Sea

Previous

Return to Off Topic