Introduction.

Anything goes.

Re: Introduction.

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:28 am

It's MATRX
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:31 pm

narrativedilettante wrote:Also, has someone translated the username?

!#!@)!*)@$

I haven't gotten the hang of which numbers make which letters, but the number translation is 1312018024. According to some of the others, though, it translates to Matrx.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:26 am

ALoneFox wrote:Hi everyone. You don't know me, but I know all of you. I watched everything from about mid-October onwards unfold, promising myself that I'd make an account if I could ever be useful, and I, um, couldn't. Ever. Which is a bit sad. But now I feel obliged to join here after all this time. So here I am. Nice to meet you all finally. And I'm English, as well. You can call me Fox if you want. That's about everything you need to know. I'll just say "Happy Birthday!" to everyone I missed while I wasn't here, for now. I probably won't post much in the future.

Welcome to the forum! Hope you have a great time here!

(We could always use new members anyway.)
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby JRPictures on Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:03 am

The Wild West Pyro wrote:
ALoneFox wrote:Hi everyone. You don't know me, but I know all of you. I watched everything from about mid-October onwards unfold, promising myself that I'd make an account if I could ever be useful, and I, um, couldn't. Ever. Which is a bit sad. But now I feel obliged to join here after all this time. So here I am. Nice to meet you all finally. And I'm English, as well. You can call me Fox if you want. That's about everything you need to know. I'll just say "Happy Birthday!" to everyone I missed while I wasn't here, for now. I probably won't post much in the future.

Welcome to the forum! Hope you have a great time here!

(We could always use new members anyway.)

Umm Pyro, ALoneFox made that post a while ago and not only that but Fox also made this post: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10&start=275#p51488 a while ago too.

You're rather late on it.

ALoneFox wrote:I suppose since this is the introduction, it can also be an outtroduction. I'll just say that I'm sorry and I'm leaving to return to lurking. It''s been nice to meet you all, but this is just a story to me, and the reader should not interact with the characters. I'm sorry for trying to be one of you, when I'm not. I'm not a metaguard. I wasn't here when everyone became a girl and I wasn't here when Adell risked his life against Cthulu. I wasn't here when you fought and I wasn't here when you celebrated. It seems my name was entirely apt. I am truly alone. I was never here. I'm sorry for being an attention whore. I'm sorry for wasting your time. And I'm sorry for writing this now, aware as I am of the consequences. Maybe I'll come back when I can be useful. When I can earn my place. I probably won't. But you're all still awesome. Keep smiling. :D Keep the insanity in the coffee room. Keep the fun on the chats. Keep going like I was never here. I know it won't be hard. Just forget about me, 'K? I'd delete my account but I don't know if that is possible, and if it is, how to do it. So instead I'll just write this and make it too long and create guilt and sympathy and conflict, since that is probably all I'm good at, and go back to lurking. I'll always be around. To those of you I met: you were great. You were all really nice and welcoming and amazing. Keep it up. To those I didn't: I wish I did. To all the GMs: good job guys. Keep up the good work. And remember that I'm not leaving because of you. Because of any of you.

Love you all. :gurt:

Bye.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby Zuao on Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:27 am

Hello World.

I am here by the guidance of Sensei Pixelmage :)
I don't know very much about you all, and what you do here, but I don't know about me either, so I think we're even.

Looking forward to learn more and more. (Especially about the myself-part).
Signatures are too mainstream.
Zuao

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:18 am

Zuao wrote:Hello World.

I don't know very much about you all, and what you do here, but I don't know about me either, so I think we're even.

Welcome to the Metaguards! :)
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Endless Sea on Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:04 am

Hey there, buddy. You on Twitter? That's where we're most active these days. :)
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby narrativedilettante on Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:35 am

Nice to meet you, Zuao.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Victin on Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:57 pm

Hello and welcome! I'm Victin, as you can see. :D
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Zuao on Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:24 pm

Victin wrote:Hello and welcome! I'm Victin, as you can see.

Hello Victin as I can see! Thanks buddy :D

narrativedilettante wrote:Nice to meet you, Zuao.

Nice to meet you too! :)

Endless Sea wrote:Hey there, buddy. You on Twitter? That's where we're most active these days. :)

Yes! I am there and I've already interacted with some of the metaguards masterminds. This is my profile , feel free to drop there and and say hello sometime!

The Wild West Pyro wrote:Welcome to the Metaguards!

Thanks! (I picture you as Clint Eastwood dressed as a Fire Mage, is that a problem?)
Signatures are too mainstream.
Zuao

Postby Lordxana0 on Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:48 pm

Just remember the best way to get Pixel-sempai to notice you is to rip the souls out of innocents and sing showtunes. Oh and of course giving him lots of Green Stuff. If you do that your Sempai is sure to notice you.

Also greetings, if you have any questions or need any help with forum stuff feel free to ask anybody, or meet us in the chatroom. We don't bite. I don't bite. Oh okay I am lying literally all of us bite but with different degree's of force.
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Postby Endless Sea on Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:21 pm

I don't bite. I phase.
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby Tohrinha on Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:06 pm

Oh, it's not the bites you should look out for. It's the presence of venom glands. ~<8))))))))}> (Welcome!)
Tohrinha
Meta-Knight

Postby Endless Sea on Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:23 pm

tohr no
Endless Sea

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:07 pm

Even though I'm way younger, feel free with that. Just have him wear a gas mask with orange lenses and a big-ass Colt with that snake grip he used for the first 2 Dollar movies.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby forestspiral on Sat May 30, 2015 12:21 am

Hi.. I'm forestspiral..

Uhm,, I lurked on the tvtropes thread a few years ago.. Never really jumped in.. Got kinda curious about what happened.. So.. Hi??
What is this?? A forum for ants??
forestspiral

Postby Pixelmage on Sat May 30, 2015 12:42 am

forestspiral wrote:Hi.. I'm forestspiral..

Uhm,, I lurked on the tvtropes thread a few years ago.. Never really jumped in.. Got kinda curious about what happened.. So.. Hi??

Welcome. ^_^
We're not crazy, probably.

Also, it's been years already? Feels like last weekend!
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Tohrinha on Sat May 30, 2015 10:51 pm

'Lo, spiral. Welcome to the forums. :-)

(Shush, Pix, can't have the newcomer messing with the time gadget drawer yet.)
Tohrinha
Meta-Knight

Postby Endless Sea on Sun May 31, 2015 12:53 am

Hiya, spiral! Nice to see a new face around here. :)

You got a twitter account? That's where we're most active these days.
Endless Sea

Postby Blurred_9L on Sun May 31, 2015 12:58 am

Endless Sea wrote:Hiya, spiral! Nice to see a new face around here. :)

Oh, how I miss the days were our craziness would scare away newcomers from the chatroom :twisted:

Aaaaaanyway, welcome forest! :D
Why should we do the right thing?
-Well... because it's the right thing to do, there's no other good reason.

Am I a bad guy trying to be good, or a good guy trying to convince himself that he's not the bad guy?
Blurred_9L

Postby forestspiral on Sun May 31, 2015 9:09 am

Uhm, I just made one :oops:

I had an older one but I lost access.

I'm @forestspiral
What is this?? A forum for ants??
forestspiral

Postby IslaKariese on Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:26 am

forestspiral wrote:

I'm @forestspiral

Cool beans! Feel free to follow any of us, though some of us have vastly different usernames than what you'll find here. For example, I'm @AVermillionFox. And Kestral's the name of one of my fiction characters. :D :lol:
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Victin on Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:29 pm

forestspiral wrote:

I'm @forestspiral

If you're wondering who's @Vlppf and why they are following you, it's me :P
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Stella on Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:06 pm

Umm... hi, I'm Stella. *wave*

Yes. that Stella, in case any of you remember me. Although given that I've popped into the chat maybe twice in the three years since the ARG ended, I have no bloody idea if any of you will remember that. Sophie may have mentioned me on a couple of occasions. You get to blame her for my de-lurking...

For those of you who don't have any idea what I'm talking about, I first learnt about the ARG through Sophie, a few weeks before the ARG started. She told me that she was going to be a puppetmaster in an ARG that was starting soon, and gave me a demonstration of what she had learnt in order to make the phone systems happen, which was difficult because I had bugger all phone reception where we were at the time (somewhere close to Gatwick Airport; you'd think that airports would have good mobile coverage...). And then a few weeks later, she said this to me:

17 20:22:53 <Sophira> Thought you might like to note that there's an... interesting video on the front page of TV Tropes. http://tvtropes.org/

It was around this point that I decided that I wouldn't take part, largely because of difficulties wrapping my head around the idea of actually playing in an ARG. The idea still kinda breaks my brain just by thinking about it. But I did vaguely follow things, as they were happening. Sophie and I were a lot closer when the ARG ended in December, and I got to see "behind the scenes", as it came to a conclusion.

I never really got to experience what many people here did, but... standing on the wall, watching it all happen... especially in the last week, in that hotel room... It's still a fairly strong memory.

And... with strong persuasion from Sophie... I finally decided to pop in again. Except that chat seems to be a ghost town, so...
Stella

Postby Pixelmage on Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:12 pm

Stella wrote:Except that chat seems to be a ghost town, so...

Ghostly ghostie ghosts... :3 They're fun. But that's besides the point (for now), welcome back! :)

Twitter is where most of the things go around now, but the forum is still pretty reactive. Not *active* per se, but if you poke it, it'll likely stir very shortly with responses. :)
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic