Introduction.

Anything goes.

Re: Introduction.

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:32 pm

IslaKariese wrote:Jo and Tohri can be the accidental antithesis of Si and Mimsy. Have fun, girls. :twisted:

Yeah, you have fun with that... :twisted:
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Scarab on Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:10 am

Sicon112 wrote:
IslaKariese wrote:Jo and Tohri can be the accidental antithesis of Si and Mimsy. Have fun, girls. :twisted:

Yeah, you have fun with that... :twisted:

Sicon, stop being deliberately scary to disturb the newcomer. :P

It's okay, Jo. He's actually pretty harmless once you get to know him.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby ALoneFox on Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:32 am

Hi everyone. You don't know me, but I know all of you. I watched everything from about mid-October onwards unfold, promising myself that I'd make an account if I could ever be useful, and I, um, couldn't. Ever. Which is a bit sad. But now I feel obliged to join here after all this time. So here I am. Nice to meet you all finally. And I'm English, as well. You can call me Fox if you want. That's about everything you need to know. I'll just say "Happy Birthday!" to everyone I missed while I wasn't here, for now. I probably won't post much in the future.
ALoneFox

Postby JRPictures on Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:18 am

ALoneFox wrote:Hi everyone. You don't know me, but I know all of you. I watched everything from about mid-October onwards unfold, promising myself that I'd make an account if I could ever be useful, and I, um, couldn't. Ever. Which is a bit sad. But now I feel obliged to join here after all this time. So here I am. Nice to meet you all finally. And I'm English, as well. You can call me Fox if you want. That's about everything you need to know. I'll just say "Happy Birthday!" to everyone I missed while I wasn't here, for now. I probably won't post much in the future.

Well welcome to the forums.

I hope you have a good time, just follow the rules and have fun. :gurt:
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby Pixelmage on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:01 am

ALoneFox wrote:Hi everyone. You don't know me, but I know all of you.

*paranoia*

XD

Welcome to the forums. :)
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby narrativedilettante on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:47 am

Welcome, Fox.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:11 am

Hi, Lone!

...No paranoia here. Nope. None at all. (please talk more than that intro post or our paranoia will explode our heads.)
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Scarab on Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:18 am

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Hi, Lone!

...No paranoia here. Nope. None at all. (please talk more than that intro post or our paranoia will explode our heads.)

In case you're wondering, Fox, yes, we are like this all the time, but if you

To be honest my contribution during the ARG was relatively slim, unless you could a political election. I mostly just drew things and on occasion sang a bit. Shame you weren't more active, we could've been lonely Brits together :P
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby narrativedilettante on Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:28 am

Scarab wrote:To be honest my contribution during the ARG was relatively slim, unless you could a political election. I mostly just drew things and on occasion sang a bit. Shame you weren't more active, we could've been lonely Brits together :P

P'shaw, Scarab, you totes contributed! Where would Cthulhu be today if it wasn't for you? Or the Witch, for that matter?

...That probably doesn't help our solitary canine friend feel any better, though. Don't worry, EVERYONE feels like they didn't contribute. (And for the record, I fully intended to sit on the sidelines and watch, but I wound up getting HEAVILY involved. It's weird.)
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby ALoneFox on Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:10 pm

I completely agree with Dilly. (Can I call you that? I know other people call you it but I'm not sure if I need to earn it. This is so stressful!) Scarab, you made a huge contribution. It wouldn't have been the same without you. Your name appeared on my screen many times. You did well. You made me proud to be British. You're in my top ten favorite British people I haven't met that are still alive. Just below the Queen. Also, you weren't the only Brit here. There was at least one other. I forget who. And I know you're like this all the time. I was here. I saw. That's what makes you all so wonderful. And entertaining. You kept me from being bored in those cold months. I'm glad I was here to watch you all. Thank you all for being so friendly! And please, everyone, don't be paranoid. Paranoia never did you any good. I know. I was here. I saw. Don't worry. :D

Sorry for my small walls of text. I'm not very good at being concise.
ALoneFox

Postby Scarab on Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:14 pm

ALoneFox wrote:I completely agree with Dilly. (Can I call you that? I know other people call you it but I'm not sure if I need to earn it. This is so stressful!) Scarab, you made a huge contribution. It wouldn't have been the same without you. Your name appeared on my screen many times. You did well. You made me proud to be British. You're in my top ten favorite British people I haven't met that are still alive. Just below the Queen. Also, you weren't the only Brit here. There was at least one other. I forget who. And I know you're like this all the time. I was here. I saw. That's what makes you all so wonderful. And entertaining. You kept me from being bored in those cold months. I'm glad I was here to watch you all. Thank you all for being so friendly! And please, everyone, don't be paranoid. Paranoia never did you any good. I know. I was here. I saw. Don't worry. :D

Sorry for my small walls of text. I'm not very good at being concise.

:oops: :) Um... thank you. Excuse me I shall be over here being embarrassed.

I believe Never Slender is at least one of the other Brits involved, although he stopped playing after a while. I think Anura is British too?

You're right though, the paranoia... very rarely helped. Except if you were Sicon.
Scarab

Postby IslaKariese on Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:17 pm

I feel obligated to make a fox joke, but instead I'll just say hi and be as non-obtrusively friendly as possible.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby ALoneFox on Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:29 pm

Scarab wrote:
:oops: :) Um... thank you. Excuse me I shall be over here being embarrassed.

I believe Never Slender is at least one of the other Brits involved, although he stopped playing after a while. I think Anura is British too?

You're right though, the paranoia... very rarely helped. Except if you were Sicon.

I think I was thinking of Anura. The paranoia made you fight. I didn't like it when you fought. It saddened me.

IslaKariese wrote:I feel obligated to make a fox joke, but instead I'll just say hi and be as non-obtrusively friendly as possible.

Please do. I like jokes. Almost as much as I like your (What are they called? Icon? Picture? Either? Confusion! Stress!) thing. Unless you don't want to.
ALoneFox

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:43 pm

Why join now?
eli_gone_crazy

Postby narrativedilettante on Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:53 pm

Dilly is a perfectly acceptable way to address me, no one needs to earn the privilege. :)
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby ALoneFox on Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:59 pm

eli_gone_crazy wrote:Why join now?

Nice to meet you Eli. Why not? I felt like it. "YOLO", as they say. Plus, I've been here a lot over the past week due to the upcoming first anniversary of the start of the ARG. That encouraged me. I've been meaning to join for a while but I could never be brave enough to press "Submit".

And thank you for clarifying, Dilly. :)
ALoneFox

Postby narrativedilettante on Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:01 pm

Guys GUYS we should do something for the anniversary what should we do?

*we should open an anniversary planning thread*
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:08 pm

Well, hi, I suppose. :)

I figure you know me more than I know you, so if you like you can drop by the chat. Normally there's a few of us in there at any given moment, and they normally don't bite.
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Victin on Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:13 pm

ALoneFox wrote:Hi everyone. You don't know me, but I know all of you. I watched everything from about mid-October onwards unfold, promising myself that I'd make an account if I could ever be useful, and I, um, couldn't. Ever. Which is a bit sad. But now I feel obliged to join here after all this time. So here I am. Nice to meet you all finally. And I'm English, as well. You can call me Fox if you want. That's about everything you need to know. I'll just say "Happy Birthday!" to everyone I missed while I wasn't here, for now. I probably won't post much in the future.

Hello! Nice to meet you! :D

narrativedilettante wrote:Guys GUYS we should do something for the anniversary what should we do?

*we should open an anniversary planning thread*

If someone agrees with this I suppose we should soon create said thread or else this one will be derailed.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:54 pm

eli_gone_crazy wrote: and they normally don't bite.

I bite.
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Tohrinha on Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:35 pm

Hey, Fox. Welcome!
Tohrinha
Meta-Knight

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:46 am

Welcome, ALoneFox! (I'd put a proper Ms. or Mr. before it, but I'm not quit certain as to your gender.)
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Scarab on Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:24 pm

eli_gone_crazy wrote:Well, hi, I suppose. :)

I figure you know me more than I know you, so if you like you can drop by the chat. Normally there's a few of us in there at any given moment, and they normally don't bite.

...*Spits out*
*Coughs tactfully*

Nope, no biting here, nosiree. :D
Scarab

Postby RotavatoR on Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:52 am

ALoneFox wrote:Sorry for my small walls of text. I'm not very good at being concise.

...Oh, you'll fit right in :P
Welcome, and thank you for the tribute to all of us :mrgreen:
RotavatoR

Postby ALoneFox on Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:08 pm

I suppose since this is the introduction, it can also be an outtroduction. I'll just say that I'm sorry and I'm leaving to return to lurking. It''s been nice to meet you all, but this is just a story to me, and the reader should not interact with the characters. I'm sorry for trying to be one of you, when I'm not. I'm not a metaguard. I wasn't here when everyone became a girl and I wasn't here when Adell risked his life against Cthulu. I wasn't here when you fought and I wasn't here when you celebrated. It seems my name was entirely apt. I am truly alone. I was never here. I'm sorry for being an attention whore. I'm sorry for wasting your time. And I'm sorry for writing this now, aware as I am of the consequences. Maybe I'll come back when I can be useful. When I can earn my place. I probably won't. But you're all still awesome. Keep smiling. :D Keep the insanity in the coffee room. Keep the fun on the chats. Keep going like I was never here. I know it won't be hard. Just forget about me, 'K? I'd delete my account but I don't know if that is possible, and if it is, how to do it. So instead I'll just write this and make it too long and create guilt and sympathy and conflict, since that is probably all I'm good at, and go back to lurking. I'll always be around. To those of you I met: you were great. You were all really nice and welcoming and amazing. Keep it up. To those I didn't: I wish I did. To all the GMs: good job guys. Keep up the good work. And remember that I'm not leaving because of you. Because of any of you.

Love you all. :gurt:

Bye.
ALoneFox

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic