The Maybe-Official SCP Foundation Thread!

Anything goes.

The Maybe-Official SCP Foundation Thread!

Postby Endless Sea on Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:31 pm

O hai thar, forums. As of late, I've occasionally been posting links to the SCP Foundation wiki on the chatroom, and now that some of us are actually expressing interest in devising SCPs and writing Foundation tales, I decided that I might as well actually do something for once, that something being creating this thread! Here, you can discuss articles without actually becoming members (I understand some of us are too young to join anyways, so this should be helpful), toss around Foundation-related ideas that may or may not be worth taking to the SCP chatroom (yes, they have one of those, and apparently it's useful if you want feedback on concepts for articles), and so on. Here's some links and stuff if you're interested, collected here mainly for convenience:

The main page
All pages tagged "guide"
All pages tagged "essay"
The TVTropes page

NOTE: On the left side of every SCP wiki page, there's a list of all sorts of indexes- Foundation Tales, Personnel Files, a Guide for Newbies, and all sorts of other goodies. Two things you should know about those:

NUMBER ONE. Both links to SCP Series indexes also include links to indexes of non-mainlist SCPs and reference material for certain terms common to SCP articles.

NUMBER TWO. This is the important one. If you want to join, it is heavily advised that you read all of the guideline stuff beforehand- essentially, this stuff, plus anything in the "guide" and "essay" pages linked above that isn't in the stuff from this paragraph. It's not all required reading, but some of the guides are, and the rest of them and (to a varying degree of import) the essays are still extremely useful. Keep in mind, if you don't work with the system, bad things happen.

Aaaaaaand I think that's it. Feel free to suggest additions I should make to this post, and have fun with the site!
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Re: The Maybe-Official SCP Foundation Thread!

Postby Pixelmage on Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:50 pm

It's a good initiative Endless. :D

Just out of curiosity, to kick this thread into starting... As I'm not as familiar with the foundation as you and others are... Is the Fourth Wall an SCP? ;)
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby narrativedilettante on Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:04 pm

Pixelmage wrote:Just out of curiosity, to kick this thread into starting... As I'm not as familiar with the foundation as you and others are... Is the Fourth Wall an SCP? ;)

Oh man I hadn't thought of this.

The wall pieces TOTALLY count. Don't they? But they're not active anymore, so I guess the Foundation wouldn't need to worry about them.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Victin on Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:06 pm

I've had some ideas for SCps, but I won't join them so soon, so I'll write them here, so I won't forget:
  • A man who knows information he couldn't know;
  • A film reel that contains one period of ██ hours of April, ██ 19██. Each single frame of the reel contain said period in the point of view of a different person, which can be seen even without the use of a movie projector, simply by looking at the frame, which displays the same view one would have by projecting it, although in a smaller scale. The only way to project a "movie" with it is to keep one frame still at the projector, or else the displayed result will be a "patchwork" of many different point of view. Laboratory analisys confirm that both the reel and the roll of film are made of the same materials a non-SCP would;
  • A silver-looking fork from a "Glutonny Demon", but the latter is deceased. Said fork is seemingly radioactive, and causes full body necrosis in whomever is pierced by it, in some amount of time. Some individuals (like assassins, serial killers, psychopaths, psychopath assassins, etc.) turns into "cannibal assassins" upon contact with the fork, being able to use it to lethal precision. They start describing human meat as the best food in Earth;
  • An abandoned house in ████████, Sweden. Within it there are spatial anomalies which create an interior bigger than the exterior, and an ever-changing maze of rooms. Also, it has made multiple attempts to kill anyone whom enters it, with varying deegrees of success. SCP-???? is actually a doormat which turns any building it's put in a spatial anomaly that attempts to kill anyone who reaches its area of effect. Upon being put within the range of any building (a building being any closed space in which humans live or have lived) it ocasionally will teleport to the front of its main door and it will grow "roots", getting stuck to the floor. After that, the spatial anomalies will begin and anyone within the limits of the property will be under death danger.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Pixelmage on Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:13 pm

narrativedilettante wrote:Oh man I hadn't thought of this.

The wall pieces TOTALLY count. Don't they? But they're not active anymore, so I guess the Foundation wouldn't need to worry about them.

And do the pieces need to be active for them to be a Safe SCP?
Also, is there any rule against going Alternate Universe, Addendum Fourth-Wall-1

"Attempt to relocate the SCP caused a transmission to be relayed in all nearby monitors. A Caucasian male in a suit, with only the bottom half of his face visible. The transcript is as follows:

"ANY ATTEMPTS TO RELOCATE THE WALL PIECE WILL BE CONSIDERED AN ACTION AGAINST US. WE THANK YOUR EFFORTS IN SAFEGUARDING IT AND ASK FOR CONTINUED OBSERVATION OF THE OBJECT. DO NOT ACT AGAINST OUR WILL. END TRANSMISSION."

Any further attempts at relocating the SCP are to be denied until further information about the entity SCP-???-1 is identified.

Research on the source and method of the transmission is ongoing."

Yeah, I know, I need to work on my skills to actually write an SCP, but you get the idea. xD
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Scarab on Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:20 pm

Pixelmage wrote:narrativedilettante wrote:
Oh man I hadn't thought of this.

And do the pieces need to be active for them to be a Safe SCP?
Also, is there any rule against going Alternate Universe, Addendum Fourth-Wall-1

I have nothing relevant to say except for the fact this is the most awesome thing ever.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Victin on Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:21 pm

Funny Pixel mentioned the wall pieces as SCPs, I just found this post in the forum. I don't think it's Mr. A, but it indeed fits.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Endless Sea on Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:40 pm

Victin wrote:Funny Pixel mentioned the wall pieces as SCPs, I just found this post in the forum. I don't think it's Mr. A, but it indeed fits.

It's not. The Administrator is the title of the guy who pretty much leads the Foundation. In a couple of stories, it's stated that Dr. Bright, one of the site mods and a fairly major character in-universe (despite there being no canon for the Foundation), ends up getting the position at some point.

Also, due to being all meta and referential and stuff, the wall pieces/fourth wall would probably only fit in as SCP-j entries. (Although there is an SCP-001 proposal describing, well, the site writers. If that works.)
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby Dryunya on Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:52 am

Item #: SCP-2456

Object Class: Keter (previously Euclid)

Special Containment Procedures: None available. The research is ongoing.

Screen capture of a video announcement by SCP-2456-██-██-██-██

Description: SCP-2456 is a multitude of humanoid entities, each having the appearance of a caucasian male approximately 25 years old, usually seen wearing suits. The entities mostly avoid showing upper halves of their faces, which contain their serial numbers. Further properties are only known through the conversations with the entity, and are not reliable. (See Indident Log 2456-2, conversations █, ██ and ██.)

The entities are generated by SCP-2456-0, which, while identical in appearance, directs their actions, being able to create and terminate its instantiations at will. The upper limit to the amount of the entities is unknown, and is claimed to be infinite.

SCP-2456 occupy an unknown dimension, and avoided detection until 20██, when they began recruiting human agents through the internet for the purposes of metaphysical and memetic research, mostly carried out through questionable means, and potentially dangerous to the fabric of reality. As established by the events of incident 2456-1, the subject is able to manifest repetitive memetic structures by [DATA EXPUNGED]. Memetic counter-response measures are being considered.

████ ███████
████ ███████ is the person recruited by SCP-2456-23-09-12-12 for the purposes of his research, who crossed into the subject's dimension through unspecified means. ████ was chosen as a subject in experiment [DATA EXPUNGED] to contain SCP-2456, but he has gone missing shortly before the Incident 2456-1. The search is ongoing.

Incident 2456-2
The subject was raised to Keter status after being revealed as responsible for the Incident ██████ (currently classified as 2456-2), where his research led to [DATA EXPUNGED], leading to ██ casualties. The damage control was performed by Dr. ████ and Dr. ████ with the subject's cooperation. The required personnel was recruited from SCP-4445 under the guise of an alternate reality game, with ██ agents posing as players to guide the process. See the incident log for more information.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Dryunya on Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:57 am

Now about what I've written. :gurt:
  1. Writing in SCP style is damn hard. I wanted to mention Deanna as another possible subject for the experiment, and the wall pieces (as subject 2456-B, class Safe), as well as some more info about Mr. A, but couldn't fit all that into the entry.
  2. Don't actually take that to SCP, in my form or yours. First, they don't appreciate shoehorning stuff from other universes, and second, just don't.
  3. The number of agents is in 2 digits specifically to cater to your paranoia. :geek:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Endless Sea on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:57 am

Dryunya wrote:Now about what I've written. :gurt:
  1. Writing in SCP style is damn hard. I wanted to mention Deanna as another possible subject for the experiment, and the wall pieces (as subject 2456-B, class Safe), as well as some more info about Mr. A, but couldn't fit all that into the entry.
  2. Don't actually take that to SCP, in my form or yours. First, they don't appreciate shoehorning stuff from other universes, and second, just don't.
  3. The number of agents is in 2 digits specifically to cater to your paranoia. :geek:

aaaaand thanks to you, I'm already trying to figure out a way to translate that to a semi-original SCP. :D Probably gonna drop the whole bit about his residence and stuff (or just mention it in an addendum), focus on the apparitions on TV screens and computer stuff and whatever... Decisions, decisions...
Endless Sea

Postby Dryunya on Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:10 am

Hey guys, check this out.
If you think an Adminverse/SCPverse crossover is a good idea, now is your time to shine. ;)
Dryunya

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:03 am

:o

They're... That's essentially Refic slot right there. :shock:
Any Power Trio taking it up?
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Victin on Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:53 am

If any of you are going to get in, I don't see why I wouldn't. That means I wanne be on the team, if we make one.
Victin

Postby Endless Sea on Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:25 pm

Endless Sea

Postby Endless Sea on Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:26 am

http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/new-years-contest

The entries are in! Scores of short stories about the SCP Foundation and/or related material, and for the most part, awesomeness is ensuing.
Endless Sea

Postby Victin on Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:14 pm

In this SCP, the total leght of conversation in Log SCP-1880-1-5 is wrong. How I can inform it to the dudes who write these articles?
Victin

Postby Endless Sea on Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:17 pm

...what would the problem be, again?
Endless Sea

Postby Victin on Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:02 pm

Endless Sea wrote:...what would the problem be, again?

SCP Foundation wrote:00:45 minutes (forty five seconds)

This problem.
Victin

Postby Endless Sea on Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:31 pm

Still don't see it.

...my better judgement is kicking in, so I'll try to analyze the issue. 00:45 minutes means zero minutes and forty-five seconds. The numbers left of the colon refer to the minutes; the numbers to the right refer to seconds. I assume you thought the article was referring to time in digital clock format?
Endless Sea

Postby Victin on Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:38 pm

Endless Sea wrote:Still don't see it.

...my better judgement is kicking in, so I'll try to analyze the issue. 00:45 minutes means zero minutes and forty-five seconds. The numbers left of the colon refer to the minutes; the numbers to the right refer to seconds. I assume you thought the article was referring to time in digital clock format?

I believe so?
Victin

Postby Victin on Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:12 pm

I was wondering how would it be in case Mimsy joined the Foundation as a writer. What do you guys think?

I also think he would like this one.
Victin

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:30 am

RESURRECTED!

Also, check this out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PiBlSOL15s
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby SpiritfChaos on Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:57 am

One of my friends narrated SCP: BEES.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBm-kK94nAc
I'm just a guy who wants to help save the world.
SpiritfChaos

Return to Off Topic