Anne Rice

Anything goes.

Anne Rice

Postby TheJester on Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:22 pm

THE FOLLOWING TOPIC CONTAINS SPOILERS! IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ANY BOOKS WRITTEN BY ANNE RICE AND WOULD LIKE TO READ THEM THAN DO NOT READ THIS TOPIC!

I can't stand this writer. I was told weeks ago by someone how legendary this author apparently was and so I decided to read the first book in her Vampire Chronicles series, Interview with a Vampire. My view on that book is honestly mixed. He constant Yaoi teases and lack of strong characters felt lost in its own dubious narrative. Louis just felt like a wimp, Lestat was annoying as Hell but a powerful villain, and Claudia was... Claudia. It wasn't horrible but it was pretty bad. I decided to read the second book in the series which horrified me even more.

The Vampire Lestat is annoying. When Lestat died the first time I was honestly surprised. When he died the second time I thought it was even more enthralling. When he died the third time I was just hoping I would not have to see him again. LO AND BEHOLD! She makes him a frigging main character... I can't even stand Lestat anymore. The story was boring and the characters felt drawn out while it just ate off the narrative of its previous book.

I am going to be honest with you guys. I don't like Anne Rice's books.
TheJester

Return to Off Topic