Dream Journal

Anything goes.

Dream Journal

Postby narrativedilettante on Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:26 pm

I think, and at least two others agree, that having a place for us all to post about dreams we've had is a good idea. (Actually Agora suggested it on Twitter and I agreed.)

So here you are. This is a thread for us to post those imaged our subconsciouses provide us with when we're asleep, and where we can poke and prod at each other's dream imagery with some armchair psychology, if that's your thing.

To start with, here's what I dreamed about last night. There are things there that might not make any sense to people who aren't, you know, me. Also, all the Supernatural I've been watching lately REALLY shows--there's hardly a moment when Supernatural isn't somehow incorporated in the dream.

The following was all continuous, with no interruption in the dream narrative:

I was in the room that I saw in Supernatural and assumed to be the Huntington, but it had a high ceiling and was very long and had dinosaur skeletons in it, reminding me of the portion of The Simpsons Game that takes place in a museum. I realized that it must be in Vancouver, and was probably used for reference in making The Simpsons Game as well as being a Supernatural location, but it seemed odd to me that the team who made The Simpsons Game would’ve traveled all the way to Vancouver just for reference. It occurred to me that these gardens were the setting of Jurassic Park, complete with automatic jeeps that drove you around. I left that room to explore the rest of the gardens, leading two people I knew and telling them about this place. I told them that I found it really difficult to navigate before I got used to where things were, and I reassured them that jeeps would not be knocked over by dinosaurs and we were reasonably safe. That’s all the time I spent with companions.

Ahead of me I saw the hedge maze, which was dark because it was covered by a sort of building, really just walls and a roof and the doorway didn’t close. I decided to go explore the hedge maze. There were some kids playing outside, and just inside the entrance were two men who were preparing a show of some kind. They had confetti and decorations on the ground around them, and they were just starting their show as I passed. I felt kind of bad about not paying attention to their show, so I avoided eye contact and walked quickly by, leaving them to perform to no real audience. A moment later, though, one of them said something about not singing because if they were too loud they’d attract attention from the kids outside, and they mumbled their way through a song and I realized they were just rehearsing. The interior of the hedge maze was decorated for a child’s birthday party, and the two men must be the entertainment. Inside the hedge maze were balloons and sleeping bags - this must be a slumber party, though the layout of the maze was such that they wouldn’t all be able to sleep within reasonable talking distance of one another, which I thought might dampen the appeal. Still, I was somewhat jealous of the kid who got to have a slumber party in a hedge maze. The maze was, however, disappointingly small and easy to navigate. I realized it was a better hedge maze for kids than for adults.

At the front of the building that held the hedge maze, there were some video arcade machines. I talked to one of the performers, and he told me that nowadays he was expected to act as a change machine at kids’ parties, and that a single quarter or so would never do, no, he’d have to give kids five dollars worth of quarters at a time, and that’d only keep them entertained for two minutes. He reminisced about the good old days when you could put a quarter in a machine and play for ages. I pointed out that video games make their money by having you pump quarters in, and have done for decades - sure, they’re more expensive now, but the mechanic of putting more quarters in a machine to keep playing has been in place for a long time. One of the games in the building was a shooter based on Jurassic Park, where you kill the dinosaurs. I wasn’t wholly comfortable with that, preferring my shooters to use zombies instead of living things. I also thought that the kids might get used to seeing dinosaurs as antagonistic and scary, which was counterproductive in a place like this that had real dinosaurs.

Later on, the kids had all gathered in the building, with the birthday kids’ parents, and we were going to watch Jurassic Park, because the video game machine could also play the movie. We were all on the ground, and I was sitting to one end of the row of kids. The movie started, showing a mean-looking skull. One’s first thought was that this was a dinosaur robot skull, but it turned out to be a human robot skull. The creator of Jurassic Park was a roboticist, and his first robotic creation was a duplicate of himself. The imagery here was very scary, and the girl sitting next to me was frightened and clung to me for comfort, eventually sitting on my lap. I had to leave her, though, because some of the adults needed to go fight something. The way our discussions went, we were probably going to fight leviathans. We were collecting juice and wine that had been treated in such a way to hurt the things we were fighting. I had an open cup that at first I thought I would just have to try to hold steady in the car, but eventually it became clear that we were taking long enough to get going that I had time to find another container for it. I asked the woman who lived there if I could use something of hers, and she told me yes in a hurried way that indicated she had too much to think about at that moment and she really didn’t want to deal with a question to answer. So I got a spray bottle and hoped it was okay with her that I used that particular container. I didn’t want to use one of the water bottles because they had internal structures that were great for using them to drink water, but bad for squirting liquid at enemies. I looked back at the kids watching Jurassic Park and felt bad about leaving them with fewer adults for comfort.

Here there was a disconnect and the next portion of the dream didn't directly follow what happened previously. For context, Castiel is an angel from Supernatural.

Castiel showed us a man whom he had determined was his favorite human, describing him as “A good man. He has some relationships of various types with other humans.” Then Castiel interfered in some way, bringing the man to us, not realizing that the man viewed the intrusion of an angel into his life and the interruption of his schedule with confusion and fear. The man didn’t make much of an impression on me. He mainly seemed overwhelmed and distressed. I suspected Castiel had been interfering in small ways for a few days, and the man was beginning to find it difficult to take. We were in a dining room, and I saw a book by Jess WInfield that I’d been reading on the table. The title was “The God [something]” and I started talking about it, but others pointed out that the title was actually “The Cod [something]” and it was a pun on a commonly phrase. I objected at first, because the book was about pizza and cod had nothing to do with pizza, but then I realized that some people put anchovies on their pizza, so a fish pun actually was relevant. The author had another book with a pun title that I didn’t notice until I was well into reading it, but upon waking I couldn’t remember anything about the other title.

Here there was another disconnect, and when the dream picked up again, I wasn't just thinking about Supernatural anymore, but ALSO Doctor Who.

I was talking to some friends about the Doctor’s most recent regeneration. It had been quite shocking and exciting. The regeneration started, and for a moment we saw the new Doctor - a woman - but then, something happened that interrupted the regeneration and would have killed the new Doctor, so she had to regenerate immediately, and this time he was the 5th Doctor again. We never really got a clear view of the female Doctor. In the brief moments when she was visible, she pulled her hair into two groups and brought them around to her front, tying them like a tie. I tried doing this with my hair. I wanted to make it resemble a disheveled, backwards tie like how Castiel’s tie is much of the time, but it was basically impossible to achieve that effect with hair.

Feel free to share your own dreams or just tell me I'm crazy based on mine!
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Re: Dream Journal

Postby Adell on Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:39 pm

I rarely ever remember my dreams. Ones I do remember are usually idiotically simple.

For example I once dreamed of a ruler, standing up straight, with a spot light on it. That was it, for the entire 8 or so hours I was alseep. It stuck with me cause even during the dream i was like "This is stupid." :?
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby JRPictures on Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:44 pm

I rarely remember a l of my dreams.

But one exception from years ago

I was in a haunted mansion with other people and if you go into a room with mannequins you die and I was trying to defend myself by whipping enemies with earphones

Weird eh?
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:00 pm

A good one-

I dreamed I was beating up Lucifer with the butt of my Lee Enfield, and then my Guardian Angel ( he usually takes the form of a Heavenly Host) got out his quarterstaff and hit the Devil with it, then St Michael came down with his huge Infinity+1 angel sword and started slashing and hacking Satan, and finally God stomped on Lucifer.

Awesome dream, may have been fuelled by my hate and phobia of satanic stuff and demons.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:28 pm

The Wild West Pyro wrote:A good one-

I dreamed I was beating up Lucifer with the butt of my Lee Enfield, and then my Guardian Angel ( he usually takes the form of a Heavenly Host) got out his quarterstaff and hit the Devil with it, then St Michael came down with his huge Infinity+1 angel sword and started slashing and hacking Satan, and finally God stomped on Lucifer.

Awesome dream, may have been fuelled by my hate and phobia of satanic stuff and demons.

....Well, then.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:30 am

IslaKariese wrote:
The Wild West Pyro wrote:A good one-

....Well, then.

????
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby agoraoptera on Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:00 am

Last night's dream was weird, because I don't usually have dreams like this.

I was.. someone else. The details are fuzzy, but apparently I was doing stuff with a cousin (male, non-existent) in a setting that's semi-dystopian, where humanity relies on knights to kill monsters and stuff like that. Very very game-cliche-ish. I don't remember much but what I do remember is that the two of us had just won some tourney or some such. The most vivid thing is that we'd stepped into some religious sort of place, maybe a temple, maybe a fane, but then there was this sign and I can't recall with any certainty, but I'm fairly certain the last line went something like ".. leave no mana".

.... I have no idea what that's supposed to mean.
If you can make it better, don't make it sentient.

agoraoptera wrote: :| Shane just because I'm Asian doesn't mean I get to be Godzilla

Proud co-writer of the Greatest Idea of Our Time: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1236
agoraoptera

Postby narrativedilettante on Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:55 am

Last night wasn't quite as fruitful as the previous one, but here's what I've got. I realize that while I was asleep I remembered parts of The Hobbit incorrectly.

Outside my bedroom window I could see spires in the distance. They looked like they were part of the castle at Disneyworld, but since Disneyworld is in Florida I knew those were too far away for me to see. I decided I should try driving toward the spires some time to see if I could find what they were. The problem was that I could only see them at night, when they were lit up. During the day they were never visible against the sky. One morning I woke before dawn and watched the spires as day broke. When I looked away for a moment, and then looked back, the spires were gone, but in their place was a tower built of stone. I tried to figure out what this new tower was, and what setting it had come from. The landscape outside my window had changed, too, and looked to be a snowy mountain range. I climbed out of my window and began descending a mountain.

I came across a stream, and on the near side of the stream were several ponies. I realized that I was in The Hobbit, and this was where the dwarves and Bilbo had all had to abandon their ponies in order to hop across the stream to the rocky bank on the other side. I followed the path that they’d presumably taken. The jump wasn’t difficult. On the other side of the stream I ran into Gandalf, who was surprised to find me there. He led me to the cave where everyone was staying for warmth. The cave had a door, but it wasn’t solid. Still, when I dawdled in the entrance, leaving the door open, they were annoyed at me for letting the warmth out. Throughout my encounter with these characters, I behaved as if I had no idea what was going on, because acting as though I knew everything about their journey might have disturbed them.

There was also a little bit about Community:

Britta had stumbled onto the descriptions of her and the other Community characters on TVTropes. She was telling everyone a trope that they’d been described with. “Troy has... hidden depths!” She said, happily. Then she found her own page and started happily with “I exhibit...” then, in a disappointed and confused voice, “Flanderization.”

I'm really enjoying reading about all of your dreams. :mrgreen: Keep posting 'em!
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Victin on Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:04 pm

Adell wrote:I rarely ever remember my dreams. Ones I do remember are usually idiotically simple.

For example I once dreamed of a ruler, standing up straight, with a spot light on it. That was it, for the entire 8 or so hours I was alseep. It stuck with me cause even during the dream i was like "This is stupid." :?

:o This is the coolest dream ever. :P Seriously, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: This is so stupid is crosses the line of stupidity and loops all the way back to cool.

Also this isn't the first dream thread here in the forums. I ust think I should say that. Anyways, I rarely dream, but since I'm on vacation I have more dreams than usual. Today I dreamed the following, though I forgot most of it by now.

I was in an airport. I didn't know how, but I knew I was in an airport. Except it totally didn't look like an airport, but more like an abandoned building. Nonetheless it was an airport, and at the only moment I thought that this didn't quite look like an airport, I reminded myself this was the part of the airport where you buy your tickets and stuff, and I just couldn't see the planes. Nevertheless, by this point my conscience zoomed in someone, and that someone was "me" (basically, up to this point in the dream I was in a third person/narrator point of view, but that was just the opening narration or something). I was a badass father with my three/four/five/six/seven kids (at least one of them a short girl, or a young boy, I can't tell and I didn't even tried to see who was who in the dream). We were in one of the rooms of the abandoned building, and it had a bunch of boxes on it (oh, I think the older kid had a shotgun, but I could be confusing my dream with television). The airport was under a terrorist attack that were trying to take over it, the police was outside (though outside the building I was in, there was no police at all, only old buildings, all colored alike; The color was natural to old buildings in the real world, point in case the building I live in. Actually now that I think about it, the color looked like an "old building being filmed by a high definition camera"). I reassured for myself that the police was indeed outside, but too far for me to see (even though because there were no windows in the large room I was in). The bandits had actually kidnapped all of my kids, and as a badass father I had to retrieve them myself. I noted by that point that all my kids were in the room with me, and none was missing, but I ignored that fact because one of my kids was kidnapped by bandits. I ran out of the room, and I found myself in an old abandoned city, or at least part of it.

(This is the part I don't quite remember:)I ran through the city, always in the same direction. From a first person perspective, I was always running forwards, but from a third person/watcher perspective, I was running from right to left of the screen (yes, I had both points of view). I remember running through a parking lot, and in the next moment I was inside another building, though there was no such building in the previous scene, and I apparently teleported in there. I was running through a corridor, in my left side there was a wall and in my right side rooms with windows at the higher part of the walls, in a way I couldn't see inside them. This entire scene was in a thrid person/watcher perspective, though the angle of the "camera" (metaphorically speaking) showed the corridor in a diagonal angle, so I could see myself. I wore a black possibly-leather jacket, a black/very dark brown shirt and very dark grey/very dark brown jeans, with shoes that matched my color scheme. I don't recall my hair, I supposed it suddenly was shaved by now (I think I had shoulder-lenght grey-ish brown hair with a big beard; None was "long", but actually very... full?).

After that scene, I was in a parking lot again. But now there was a spiral staircase/ramp, with white rock steps (I don't know the name of the rock, I know it really exists). Each step was trapezoidal in shape, but the parallel lines were actually curves, and thus not parallel. Each step had a different size, two-dimensionally speaking (that means, each one of them was as thick as every other, but some were longer or larger or both than it would be normally possible), and a different angle. They didn't follow euclidean physics, and I guess that twice I found myself running in the opposite direction, but still going upwards. Actualy once, some of the steps actually turned everything upside down. A normal prson would have tripped or something, but I was badass so I just kept running forwards. After some time, I had runned upwards in the equivalent of a skyscraper's hight, but I hadn't run even half of the staircase and it wasn't actually that tall (it was "normal" sized). Eventually I passed through an old, white haired man. He was the airport's janitor, and was searching for his pigs, because every airport has pigs, and thus people to take care of the cattle. And of course the thieves stole this janitor's pig (at this point I stopped calling them janitor and started calling him "person who take care of cattle", but I do'nt remember the word neither in Portuguese nor in English to write down). Without stopping or talking to each other I kept running and, one or two full circles of the spirtal staircase I found my young daughter/son (the same one I spoke about earlier) and the chubby pig. We started running from the bad guy, down the staircase, a few meters (~8, or ~10) of distance from each other. I was first, the pig was second, my daughter/son third, the janitor fourth and the bandit fifth. Suddenly I had an idea (BTW, at this point I think that my hair and beard came back): basing myself in a Sonic's game, I jumped out of the spiral staircase to my right side, and I suddenly used my left hand to grab a handrail that wasn't there before (I didn't notice the fact it was outside the staircase). I proceded to move at hundreds of quilometers per hour, and everyone but the bandit (including the pig) did the same I did, though I didn't say anything nor they saw me. We hit the ground running (everyone still far from each other by at least ~8 or ~10 meters).

I think this was it. I don't think anything else happened, but I do'nt remember. Maybe the bandit finished running down the flight of staircases, even though he didn't use the handrail, or we got where the police was, I don't remember. Oh, and most of the movie had the same color pattern, nothing unnatural, only relevant to notice, I guess.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby narrativedilettante on Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:10 pm

Victin wrote:Also this isn't the first dream thread here in the forums. I ust think I should say that.

From what I can tell there have been two:

A thread called Lucid/Conscious dreaming, which is more discussing concepts and techniques than sharing dreams we've had, and

This post-mortem thread, which is both specifically about TWWF-related dreams, and is now locked because the post-mortem is over.

I figured it was worth having a thread specifically for writing down dreams for everyone to read.

And thanks for sharing!
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Scarab on Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:50 pm

I do wish I'd had dreams that I could psot here... I guess this might encourage me to keep track of my own a little more. My dreams have been freakier than usual lately, when I do have them...
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:33 pm

There's one I had last night about going through a train station to a theme park and racing on Sugar Rush. I can't really remember anything else.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby narrativedilettante on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:23 pm

Having this thread is keeping me motivated to keep recording my dreams, so that's a good effect. :) From not having written any down for several months I've now written them down three days in a row.

Here's the highlight of what my brain did last night.

I was driving to a meeting that started at 5:30. I’d never driven to this place before, and after a while I realized I’d gone too far on the freeway and would have to turn back, but it was 5:32 so I’d be significantly late by the time I got there. I pulled off the freeway at the next exit to turn around, but I wasn’t sure whether I’d try going to the meeting late or just go back home. To get back on the freeway I’d have to be in the rightmost lane, but I didn’t know that until too late, and I was in the leftmost lane with too many cars between me and the onramp for me to make it over safely. So I drove a little further, trying to get back to the freeway, but the streets were confusing and I wound up parking and walking around this one building to find someone who could give me directions.

This building was full of bowling alleys, and twisty turny corridors. I tried talking to people to see if anyone knew how to get back to the freeway, and didn’t have much luck. Eventually I went back the way I’d come. In one bowling alley, which I’d passed by earlier, there were two women standing in front of the bowling lanes as if posing for photographs. They asked me if I’d like to get a picture with them. It was clear they were a pair of aging performers, like Miss Spink and Miss Forcible from Coraline, or the Darling Mermaid Darlings from Pushing Daisies. I didn’t recognize them though, and I was worried about hurting their feelings by not knowing who they were. I would have agreed to a picture, but I realized I didn’t have my camera on me and must have left it in the car. So I said, “Well, for one thing, I don’t have a camera with me, and for another, I’m actually not 100% certain who you two are.” The one who had spoken to me nodded understandingly, and we talked for a little while and she drew a picture of me on my notepad. At least, she said she would draw a picture of me, but it turned out to be a man with a mustache. I was excited about telling me friends about this encounter I’d had.

I kind of have a lot of anxiety dreams about being late to things. I worry a lot about punctuality. :lol:
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Pixelmage on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:30 pm

Well...
Not really a dream, but a false awakening this morning.
I wasn't awake, in fact, I was perfectly comfortable in my bed. My fan on as usual, not a single care in the world... Then I decided, oh, I'm almost awake... What time is it? I looked at the clock, my cellphone that was by my bed. It was 14:30. I just thought: "Oh screw it. I'm sleeping. Already missed the whole day anyway." Then I remembered the chat, and that it was monday and that 14:00 is what can be considered something like the time to wake up. I jumped out of bed, took my cellphone to check the time again... And it was 11:00. :evil:

So... Yeah... I'm weird. :lol:
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:46 pm

I have a lot of dreams... and not all of them I remember...
I do have dreams that occur in the same places. so, even if there is a completely different plot (?) or events that occur in the dream, I will find myself in the same place, oftentimes.

There is a theme park that I often end up in (and its interesting because its a cross with a university as well), a monochrome city, a house surrounded by fields... there are more.. but they require a bit more context.

oh! and a train station, next to a minecraft farm (though the people there aren't Steve)
eli_gone_crazy

Postby JackAlsworth on Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:22 pm

The only thing I remember from my dream last night was Kermit the Frog being the Dragonborn.

I have no idea where that came from.
JackAlsworth

Postby Scarab on Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:44 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:The only thing I remember from my dream last night was Kermit the Frog being the Dragonborn.

Holy crud, that is officially the most awesome dream anybody has put here so far.I'm not even being sarcastic, guys.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Victin on Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:05 pm

Scarab wrote:
JackAlsworth wrote:The only thing I remember from my dream last night was Kermit the Frog being the Dragonborn.

Holy crud, that is officially the most awesome dream anybody has put here so far.I'm not even being sarcastic, guys.

Agreed, that tops the stupid ruler.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby narrativedilettante on Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:27 am

Last night's dreams felt particularly incoherent. I'm not sure if this reads as incoherent compared to my others, but it sure as hell feels incoherent.

I was in a house with my parents and my sister. I’d had some vague communication with some of my high school teachers. One of them was my 12th grade English teacher. Her students were growing potted plants. I found one of the plants that was a project from her class, and decided to transplant it. I removed it from its pot, noting that its root system was similar to a carrot, but with two distinct prongs and a few offshoots, one of which had been severed. I decided to put the severed root component back in its place in the hope that it would graft back to the plant. However, I realized I didn’t have anywhere to put the plant, so I replaced it in its original pot until I could find a suitable place for it.

I reviewed some books and thought about the rules for Egyptian Rat Screw* and thought about how much I hated that game.

I asked my sister where Castiel was, and she told me that he’d been pissing her off lately. Apparently everyone was exhausted from some huge energy expenditure, and in my sister’s opinion Castiel was the worst of them, and was almost completely sedentary. He and my parents were in another room all sleeping off whatever had drained them of their energy. I went to a convenience store to get some chocolate milk. The particular brand I was after had some connection to Castiel, so I was doing this against my sister’s advice, because she would have preferred for us to have nothing to do with Castiel. The chocolate milk in all of the containers of the brand I was looking to buy seemed to have shriveled and settled down at the bottom of the bottle, like it was just as exhausted as Cas was. Still, I was determined to get chocolate milk of that brand. However, some kid wanted to buy that chocolate milk, preventing me from doing so. He didn’t want the chocolate milk; he wanted the special video game hat that you could order if you bought the chocolate milk. The hat wasn’t that special on its own. It was a plain, dark blue baseball cap that was designed not to fall off easily. What was really cool about it, though, was that you could get glowstones and put them in the hat, where they’d attach for a personalized look and be useful for seeing things in the dark. I told the kid that if he let me have the chocolate milk I’d give him the hat, and he agreed.

*This is a card game that goes by many names, depending on region and other things. The name given here is the less rude of the two that my friends called it, and in polite circles I've generally heard it called Egyptian War. I have no idea where the word "Egyptian" comes from in the title, as the game has nothing to do with Egypt.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Victin on Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:03 pm

Today I had a dream, but I was awaken before anything could happen, so this is more or less what happened:

I had to fight someone, or to write a story about fighting someone (presumably, FC's boss battle). I was nervous because I wouldn't be able to do it, so I asked Sicon (as Sabrac) for help. He probably said something in the lines "You can do it", but I don't remember. All I know is that he simply vanished (not as in 'he went away', my dream just erased him from existence as if he had never been there), and I was looking at a black notebook, with three white squares on it, because I had to fight/write the fight in java, and I didn't know anything about Java. Looking at the white squares, it reminded me that one of Mimsy's post in Chain Wars had a link to a video of Mr. Popo from Dragon Ball. "I never found him creepy, but apparently people do" I thought.

After that I was woken up. If I recall correctly Mimsy appeared in as Marisa Kirisame, but before s/he could do anything I was awake. But s/he appeared more as a flashback, or an illusion, or at least that's how I remember s/he in the dream.
Victin

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:51 pm

I had another of my more lucid dreams last night, but I just kinda let it go do whatever it wanted. The end result was me playing a game character/BEING said game character at the same time and flash stepping through the air fighting people while dual wielding swords, and whenever I would land in this city area, Batman would accost me every time I got near any place even slightly shadowed and give me updates on where I could go to be awesome.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:52 pm

I just had a dream where myself and my entire extended family were all living in this gigantic castle in the middle of a desert where it was always nighttime. Then I realized we were ACTUALLY living in Los Noches. That was when things got weird. Sicon vanished, and I went searching for him, only to find a mysterious and ridiculously epic rapier in his quarters, with him nowhere to be found. Incidentally, Sicon's room looked suspiciously similar to the residence of Sousuke Aizen, only crossed with some kind of ridiculously posh renaissance era palace. Seriously. EVERYTHING was either lined in gold or red velvet. Or both.

Anyway, I took the awesome red rapier and a matching trench coat, and began to search for Sicon, only for him to abruptly appear from inside my closet just in time to say "Hiii..." and give the Popo laugh before dropping into a wormhole which swiftly began to expand to engulf my entire awesome room. So, I jumped out a window and backflipped down onto a nearby roof just before the entire tower I'd been living in exploded and a shower of black rain began to fall over everything, then a bunch of these little black things made of shadows with glowy golden eyes - I think they were some kind of Heartless from Kingdom Hearts, but I've never actually played that game, so I don't know - started spawning everywhere. So, I drew the awesome rapier - it looked sort of like Asuna's Lambent Light from Sword Art Online crossed over with Genesis' gigantic red sword from Final Fantasy - and proceeded to start hacking and slashing my way through this massive horde of enemies by flash stepping, blocking with my scabbard, and dealing out massive death of a thousand cuts in all directions. Then, after I cut my way out of the enemy horde, I found myself running up the wall of the exploded tower, and then leveling my sword and lunging into the wormhole, stabbing it as I did so. I fell in, and everything went dark. I opened my eyes only to find the darkness shattering all around me to reveal some sort of big blue sphere, where I found my entire family standing around me clapping and saying "Congratulations!" I proceeded to WTF, but then I got hit in the face by a penguin Sicon punted at me while flying overhead and playing Cruel Angel's Thesis on an equally flying keyboard, while Lyrica Prismriver chased him through the air trying to recover her stolen instrument. Then the penguin grinned at me, donned a top hat, took a cane, and started doing a tapdance that was cut brutally short as the world collapsed into nothingness and I found myself suddenly awake, staring at my ceiling. Then suddenly, the closet door swung open, and Sicon emerged saying... "Hiii..." Cackled, and fell into a wormhole, which then engulfed everything.

THEN I woke up.
"The Apocalypse is basically just a tutorial." - Sicon112.

"Due to the ambiguity of this wording, I am unable to determine whether or not I am the leader of the X-Men!"
"UNIVERSE-BREAKING EPILEPSY RAVE!" - AMimsyBorogove
AMimsyBorogove

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:57 pm

I honestly cannot detect a difference between Mimsy's dreams and his usual style of speaking/writing. :lol:
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:04 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:I honestly cannot detect a difference between Mimsy's dreams and his usual style of speaking/writing. :lol:

Yeah...

Also, it is not unusual that he wakes up annoyed at me for trolling him in his dreams. XD
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:10 pm

Well it's not MY fault that you're secretly Leonardo diCaprio, Sicon. Still, I suppose I should be grateful that at least you didn't open up one of Yukari's gaps out of nowhere while I was waiting for a train and hit me with Waste Line ~ Aimless Journey to the Old Station this time. Being run over by a train hurts, even if it's just in a dream and you happen to have just consumed the Hourai Elixir within said dream. X.X
"The Apocalypse is basically just a tutorial." - Sicon112.

"Due to the ambiguity of this wording, I am unable to determine whether or not I am the leader of the X-Men!"
"UNIVERSE-BREAKING EPILEPSY RAVE!" - AMimsyBorogove
AMimsyBorogove

Next

Return to Off Topic