Dream Journal

Anything goes.

Re: Dream Journal

Postby RotavatoR on Sun May 19, 2013 2:35 pm

MY TURN :D
1. I am watching tv when I see the same woman on tv as in our garden. In the garden I also see a pretty blonde Nicole Kidman-looking woman with a big black hat. I hear someone great my aunt. I ask my father if we're also going to church, and he angrily says "Yes, of course!" I get worried because I need to prepare something for school tomorrow, and we're also going out for dinner.

2. I am swimming in water surrounded by wooden docks. Above me there are floating ghosts that turn into zombiearms when they reach the docks. I am on a secret mission: I have to poison the water by shooting an arrow on a button placed underwater by Batman. I do so, and a guard busts me, but I kill him... somehow? I turn around and see three angry sea monsters with teeth. I swim away through an underwater tube while I hear ill-fitting music from Epic Mickey.
RotavatoR

Postby Scarab on Mon May 20, 2013 12:26 pm

RotavatoR wrote:MY TURN :D
1. I am watching tv when I see the same woman on tv as in our garden. In the garden I also see a pretty blonde Nicole Kidman-looking woman with a big black hat. I hear someone great my aunt. I ask my father if we're also going to church, and he angrily says "Yes, of course!" I get worried because I need to prepare something for school tomorrow, and we're also going out for dinner.

2. I am swimming in water surrounded by wooden docks. Above me there are floating ghosts that turn into zombiearms when they reach the docks. I am on a secret mission: I have to poison the water by shooting an arrow on a button placed underwater by Batman. I do so, and a guard busts me, but I kill him... somehow? I turn around and see three angry sea monsters with teeth. I swim away through an underwater tube while I hear ill-fitting music from Epic Mickey.

I lie that second dream. It sounds a little like a story I read once :)
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby narrativedilettante on Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:39 am

Last night I dreamed about some of you lovely people.

I was standing out on a pier with a scientist who was collecting samples from the water. We were going to go out in a boat to collect some samples further from shore. I knew that this was a setting like that in Scarab’s story, and that there was a Kraken under the water. Two fishermen were arguing about the presence of fish in the water. One said that there weren’t any fish there, but the other insisted that in this part of the world there were always fish. The other admitted that maybe there were fish, but that it was so dark no one would be able to see them. Neither wanted to admit that the fish had all been eaten by the Kraken.

Then there was some stuff about Star Trek that I can't really remember, and a lot of driving back and forth from Santa Barbara to Newbury Park (I've... kind of been doing that a lot lately in real life, so...), and then there was this.

I was driving with the windows down. I wanted to sing but the wind from the open windows was blowing in my mouth, making singing difficult. I could have rolled up the windows, but then I would have to put the air conditioning on and then I would still have wind blowing in my mouth. I was so concerned with the wind situation that I didn’t notice where I was driving, and I took a wrong turn or missed my on-ramp and I wound up driving to a beach. This beach was a state park, and I was worried that they’d make me pay for parking even though I had driven there by accident and just wanted to turn around and drive out again. It turned out that the kiosk wasn’t at the parking lot entrance though, so I assumed parking was free and the kiosk was just for information. I got out of my car and looked over the unfamiliar beach. It was a gorgeous bay where the water was that bright blue color you see in photographs but not usually in the actual ocean. The parking lot was built on a structure up above the beach, like a wharf but it didn’t go over the water. I walked over to where I could get a better view of the beach, though I realized that this meant I was walking further from where I could actually go down to access the beach. I heard people talking about how the bay had been in danger but that someone had saved it, and I knew that that someone was me. This may have been connected to the Kraken from earlier. I kept walking along the structure, and I found stairs leading down, so I went to the beach. At that point Qara was with me. She had a device clipped to her belt that helped her swim, giving her advice about what to do in any given situation, so that giant waves or whatever wouldn’t cause any problems for her. I suspected that it also tapped her back where it was attached to her, causing a reflexive reaction that would help her swim better. She kept talking about the device, going on and on about how great it was and how she couldn’t imagine life without it. (It presumably gave her advice about lots of other things besides swimming.) I wanted to feel the water but I didn’t want to get my clothes wet, so I decided that I would just stand in the shallow surf. The waves came in extremely far, though, and the current pulling back into the ocean was extremely strong, so I wound up deeper and deeper. There was also a sharp drop, where the gentle slope of the beach suddenly gave way to the deep floor of the ocean, and that drop was unusually close to shore, so I wound up swimming and getting all wet anyway. I fought against getting my clothes wet, but swimming was actually really enjoyable. I returned home, where Qara had been living with me and my sister and my nephew for a month or so. I thought about how much better I had it than JR; he was pleased just to have MET another troper, and I got to actually LIVE with one! I didn’t want to tell my sister about the beach because I didn’t want to admit how lost I’d gotten, and I suspected the beach was much further away than a reasonable getting lost distance. It was the fourth of July, and we were all trying to figure out what to do, maybe a barbecue. Someone mentioned rabbits, and Agora chimed in (I think he was there celebrating the US Independence Day with us... weird that none of the metaguards in my Independence Day dream were American) saying that he LOVED rabbits. He mentioned how much he had enjoyed the Gunnerkrigg Court story about catching the rabbit from the moon. Then the conversation turned to guns, and Qara told us about her gun-goat deal. She was raising a goat from infancy to an age where it could be slaughtered, and she’d bought a gun on the same day she’d bought the goat, and when it was time to slaughter the goat she was going to use that gun. All this talk of guns was making me uncomfortable, so I said something like “I’m a fan of not-guns!” which was awkwardly phrased but I couldn’t think of anything better. Then my sister said, “Hey, does anybody here want to go to a rock party?” She was talking about a rock and mineral show that was happening in a few weeks. Almost everyone there wanted to go, with one person declaring that rocks were their hobby, but I thought it sounded boring and overwhelming. I didn't say anything, though, because I didn't want to get everyone upset with me for not wanting to go to the rock party.

Qara, I feel like I should apologize, because the version of you that was in my dream is kind of not someone I like very much. I really don't know what happened. :?
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:01 pm

Ahahahahahahaha (don't worry, Dilly, I won't shoot any goats. XD I'm just honoured to be in your dream.)

<_< It must be something in the air, because Eli was in my dream last night. She worked at my camp I guess? Basically the dream was just camp stuff, except at one point I asked Eli to take one of my groups because they'd double-booked me.
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Victin on Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:17 am

Today I was having a dream when it became a nightmare :0

The first thing I remember about the dream is that I was in some sort of party, though as my usual self I was being ankward and stuff. The party wasn't anywhere I knew, but the scene didn't last long, so all I know is that it was a place full of green (grass and trees and whatnot). I decided to go home (that didn't look anything like my house) and take a bath who knows why, maybe to get out of the party for some time. When I entered home the scene shifted for me entering the bathroom (that did indeed look like mine), and I proceeded to enter the shower clothed and with a towel that I got in hammerspace. And then the nightmare starts as I hallucinate inside of the dream. Some weird stuff start happening, creeping me out because I realize I'm hallucinating. At first I thought it was just a bunch of strange things, but when the doorknob falls to the ground and I can put it right back at its place because the shower door(?) became molten glass-esque is when stuff start getting bad. When I put the doorknob I doomed myself with the logic thought that if the glass door was behaving like liquid, it was probably molten, and thus it would hurt me. It didn't quite hurt me, but the tactile hallucination made me feel bad enough to snowball the rest of the nightmare (I can't remember how it was going before, I'd say not good but not bad either). The walls of the shower seemed thighter than normakl, but that could be either the hallucinations, the dream itself or a combination of both. I don't remember most of the hallucinations that happened after that, except that I was using my towel to defend myself from them in the closed space.

At last, what I had realized in the start of the dream, that is, jump through the glass door because it was behaving like liquid seemed more attractive, but I was afraid to do so because giving how stuff was working out I'd probably get stuck at the door. The doorknob had fallen once again, and I noticed it changed shape, but as soon as I put it back it became normal, albeit dirty and with some bugs. Oh gosh the bugs. They were tiny and defenseless, but as I acknowledged in-dream they were made to be something scary given they were silver-shiny, had big (for a bug, a tiny bug that is - Alternatively, that was just a zoom at one bug's eyes), almost human-like eyes (that was uncanny though) and many, many more legs than a normal bug. That activated the part of my brain that makes me scary (I used to be able to give me minor scares by thinking about the sheer concept of fear itself just because it was something so scary I couldn't even come up with it), so I freaked out. That was the worse part of the dream, though I also don't remember the following hallucinations but the one when the doorknob falls again in the corner, and I pick it up. At least it was clean now, but the dirty and the bugs were transported to the corner. Funny that even inside of the dream the bugs and the dirt did nothing but stay in their place and maybe wiggle or stand still, but I could "see" they crawling up to me together with an army out of nowhere (that wasn't hallucination, that was just me in-dream thinking of what would be the worse thing those bugs could do to me).

With the doorknob back in place, and after who knows how many hallucinations, I got enough courage or fear to get out of the shower. Then I started looking inside, because now there was nothing but the dirt and the bugs in a corner and a piece of cloth out of nowhere in the ground. Except the cloth was real and it showed me the towel and my clothes could have something, like for example some of that dirty, one of those bugs, or an army of those bugs, so I threw everything on the ground (though I magically had new clothes thanks to the dream). Then I realized that was stupid and now my clothes could be infected in case they weren't, so I picked up everything but the strange cloth that was real though had not been there before. Suddenly something happens* and I go out of the bathroom to my living room to pick up the remote and call someone (I have no idea why I thought this, given what happens after it could be either dream logic or more hallucinations, but the latter is fridge horror-ish).

Of course, the hallucinations were over so when I was about to call someone they kicked in again and didn't let me do that. I went back again inside the bathroom who knows why, I think I may have heard a noise, because what I find inside the shower is... Some sort of barbecue grill*. It seemed either broken or bent, I don't know. Then it started sparking and maybe spilling small drips of molten metal, that freaked me out because I heard their noises (I guess these were the first auditive hallucinations?). I tried to test what was going on by picking up a towel and put it on the grill... But it passed right through it, as did my hand. Since I knew it was an hallucination for sure, but I was also scared, I freaked out and ran away to my bedroom with the remote control in hand.

I tried to call for help using it, but the hallucinations "erased the button", and even though I knew where it'd be, I didn't dare to try and press it. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and looked at the remote to see that hallucination had gone. I pressed the button to call for help and... Differently from last time when I almost succeeded, this time there were a few pics with some text close to them and a sentence above it all that was something like "What saves you" or something like that, maybe in the past tense or as a question I can't recall. Of course none of the options were good. One of them was "Time rift happens - Terminator kills you" with a sprite of Arnold Schawsnenzzegerppwhatever with an explosion on the background close to it. Other was some monster from an horror video game, I think the Witch of that zombie one, but I'm unsure. Some of the other options were also references or equally bad (in the sense they would screw me up, not that the references weren't bad in the sense they would screw me up).

I set the remote aside because I didn't want to try any of those options so I'd await until that hallucination go away, but in the meantime I was laughing and complimenting the universe for his sick, sick sense of humour because at least it knew how to make references. Then someone enters my house and I rush there throwing myself on the ground and hugging said person's feet (it was my little cousin). I was happy and thanking the nightmare was over, I could even see the real outside of my house through the door and apparently there was a party there. Cue one of my neighbors entering my house who knows why saying somehting about themselves, the party, my cousin who had just entered my house and asking what the hell I was doing on the floor thanking that the nightmare was over. I saw how ankward it'd be to try and explain that so I decided to wake up because that would be horrible and ankward.

*The parts underlined might have been shifted with each other, but I don't remember.

When I woke up I just didn't facepalm myself for not having woken myself up earlier because I was too shocked(?scared?) to do that -.-
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby narrativedilettante on Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:11 am

Hallucinations within dreams... :shock:

That sounds horrible!

Well, the bit with the bugs reminded me that I dreamed about bugs last night.

There was a 2-column row of bugs walking, like ants, but these weren't ants. They were similar to pillbugs but they had pincers on both ends. The pincers were strong enough to hold onto your hand if you shook it trying to get a bug off, but they didn't hurt. My shoes were sitting near the row of bugs, though the bug-line didn't actually touch my shoes so I figured there was nothing to worry about. I put my shoes on, and I could feel something wriggling against my right foot. I took the shoe off and there was a bug on my foot. It took some work to get it off, since when I brushed it off with my finger it just stuck to my finger. I managed to make it fall by quickly brushing one finger against the other repeatedly, so that it kept switching back and forth and eventually lost its grip.

Then I put my shoe back on, but I still felt something wriggling in the shoe, so I took it off and looked inside. It was FULL of bugs. I had to pull them out one by one, usually getting them onto my fingers in the process. An IRL friend came over to help me, and I was worried that he was squashing the bugs, which was cruel and not the way I wanted to treat them, but I was too overwhelmed to protest. Eventually we got them all out, and the last bunch were a group of three that were all crawling over each other and a bit of leaf that they'd pulled into my shoe.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:01 am

Well, the first thing I remember about my dream was that I was looking down an oil refinery where some sort of cult was trying to make the apocalypse happen. Then the leader scrambled up onto the catwalk and yelled "HEY! GTFO! NO KIDS HERE! ADULTS ONLY!"

So I got teleported to my house. And the apocalypse was underway-fires, cracks in the ground, meteorites falling from the sky and the 4 horsemen riding through the streets. One saw me, picked me up and threw me through a window into my house. I landed harmlessly while he yelled "GET INSIDE!"

I found my family packing the stuff they wanted to take with them if they were gonna die. I put my Macbook, charger and my favourite books in a backpack, and a Thermos flask full of Chocolate Milk and some more books in my backpack.

There was looting everywhere. I saw some old bags of plastic Knights, cowboys and indians and WWI Soldiers from the Heritage Museum's toy display, as well as this old black and green Stormtrooper robot. I picked those up. Meanwhile, the police were busy kicking zombie ass.

So later, this TF2 teleporter arrived, and we got teleported to Israel. We got inside the main area, where people set up camp in individual tents even though there was an earthquake, but no one was hurt. However, there was this huge doorway with a staircase leading to really awesome mansion interiors for free. And Jesus was outside. However, my family didn't go unlike the people who yelled "HOLY CRAP THIS IS BETTER THAN TENTS THEY HAVE FOOD!" and ran inside, cause Jesus had the Number of the Beast printed on his forehead. We could guess he was the goddamn Antichrist.

Anyway, we settled in our tents. I was happy-they had a small bookshelf, a small folding table, but most of all there was somehow a charger plug and they even had WiFi that always worked! I gamed TF2 for 5 happy hours.

Then I was shown a vision of the poor shmucks who went inside the mansions-they were in Hell and the whole thing was an illusion.

I snapped outta it. And suddenly a trapdoor opened and I slid down a chute into Hell.

There, I met God, with an awesome Sword. He was fending off demons, curb stomping them. I was in my Metaguard outfit.

He gave me an upgraded TF2 Scorch Shot, my WWI Lee Enfield, with special demon curb stomping bullets, a bayonet covered in holy water and a axe blessed by Saint Nicholas.

I met up with the other Metaguards. Scarab had her ice wand, Genndy had his hammer, Victin had his umbrella and Adell had special gloves that glowed holy light. That's as much as I can remember.

God told us that the people who went in the mansions were mostly evil ( I saw Charles Manson run in earlier.) but half of them were good people, and we had to rescue them.

So we smashed through hell, curb-stomping demons. Two things I can remember are these-we were battling Beezlebub, and I had lost my axe because I had smashed it into his skull. Then Spirit of Chaos got out this massive TF2 Rocket Launcher, yelled "SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!" and blew Beezlebub into the ceiling. The second one is taking dosn the Antichrist in his final form. My Scorch Shot was empty, but the flares had gotten inside some of his heads and the knockback was making him crash all over the place with Genndy smashed his heads, my holy exploding incidenary bullets and my bayonet were wrecking him, Scarab had frozen two of his heads and his legs and Adell was messing him up. My robot had come alive and was beating the crap outta the Antichrist like a Jaegar and my knights and other plastic toys had come alive, grown to human size, and were chopping him to bits, shooting him of filling him with arrows. We finally killed him after all of us smashed him to bits.

Then we got awarded, and when I got back to my tent I had books I always wanted and I found out I was Premium on TF2, and had all the weapons and hats and miscs I wanted. I remember playing for 2 more hours, and then the dream ended.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:33 pm

My dream last night was a cross between Castle and Floating Castle.

I don't remember details, but it involved climbing out my window down the front of my house, into a tree and across the countryside... Also somebody's mother sacrificed her hands in order to save the life of Julius, who was also the detective.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Scarab on Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:36 am

I don’t normally use this thing, because when I dream, it tends t be ridiculously surreal and difficult to understand from the outside. But I am going to tell you this one because hey, Adell was in it.

Last night I dreamt I was in some place, being asked to hold onto a metal pole. It was very important that I and some other person who’s appearance I forgot, stayed hanging onto this pole, because it was a bit like that Lee of the Stone thing, in The Secret of NIMH? A massive burning heat wave or weapon or something was going to strip through every living thing in the area outside of that small area and we absolutely had to hang onto it.

The problem was, that while I survived this rather noisy and terrifying incident, I had no idea where my friends or family were apart from that one person next to me whom I didn’t know, so I was asking her all these questions trying to find out what happened all over the world, and she was being all vague and uninformative. And I started trying to call people, but my mam’s phone number kept going to voice mail and at this point I was really very terrified.

And then I got a text message from Adell on a phone I absolutely do not know asking me why I wasn’t getting on the boat. Complete with negative smiley face :| . I have no bloody clue what this boat was supposed to be.

I don’t even know, guys.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby RotavatoR on Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:10 pm

Scarab wrote:I don’t normally use this thing, because when I dream, it tends t be ridiculously surreal and difficult to understand from the outside. But I am going to tell you this one because hey, Adell was in it.

Last night I dreamt I was in some place, being asked to hold onto a metal pole. It was very important that I and some other person who’s appearance I forgot, stayed hanging onto this pole, because it was a bit like that Lee of the Stone thing, in The Secret of NIMH? A massive burning heat wave or weapon or something was going to strip through every living thing in the area outside of that small area and we absolutely had to hang onto it.

The problem was, that while I survived this rather noisy and terrifying incident, I had no idea where my friends or family were apart from that one person next to me whom I didn’t know, so I was asking her all these questions trying to find out what happened all over the world, and she was being all vague and uninformative. And I started trying to call people, but my mam’s phone number kept going to voice mail and at this point I was really very terrified.

And then I got a text message from Adell on a phone I absolutely do not know asking me why I wasn’t getting on the boat. Complete with negative smiley face :| . I have no bloody clue what this boat was supposed to be.

I don’t even know, guys.

Obviously he sent you that text message with the symbol app, and he's fighting Cthulhu again.
On a boat.
RotavatoR

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:13 am

I had a dream that my grandfather and I were buying groceries but then he was all "I have to go home now" and drove off, leaving me with the groceries to bag and then take home on the bus or something I guess and there were all these toys and things around that I was sure we hadn't bought so I went back to the cash and asked them to print out another copy of the bill so I could see what we HAD bought and not take the wrong stuff.

On my way back I bumped into a lady in a princess dress and asked if I could take a picture and she said sure. She was with some other people, including a woman dressed as the Wicked Witch of the West, who was excited to see that she and I had the same boots. When I got back, the grocery store had transformed into a stage for a performance of The Wizard of Oz and my purse and groceries were nowhere in sight.

We-- because at this point I was now mysteriously two people-- had to embark on a quest, interrogating everyone involved in the production to ask if they'd seen/moved my stuff, leading us finally to talk to some old guy who read a lot of mystery novels and took notes on them while reading. He offered to lend us his notebook from the last mystery novel he'd read, because he thought it had some clues in it that might help us. Some of the notes were from his wife. Somehow, the notebook helped us find my purse, which was in my cousins' living room.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Scarab on Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:43 am

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:I had a dream that my grandfather and I were buying groceries but then he was all "I have to go home now" and drove off, leaving me with the groceries to bag and then take home on the bus or something I guess and there were all these toys and things around that I was sure we hadn't bought so I went back to the cash and asked them to print out another copy of the bill so I could see what we HAD bought and not take the wrong stuff.

On my way back I bumped into a lady in a princess dress and asked if I could take a picture and she said sure. She was with some other people, including a woman dressed as the Wicked Witch of the West, who was excited to see that she and I had the same boots. When I got back, the grocery store had transformed into a stage for a performance of The Wizard of Oz and my purse and groceries were nowhere in sight.

We-- because at this point I was now mysteriously two people-- had to embark on a quest, interrogating everyone involved in the production to ask if they'd seen/moved my stuff, leading us finally to talk to some old guy who read a lot of mystery novels and took notes on them while reading. He offered to lend us his notebook from the last mystery novel he'd read, because he thought it had some clues in it that might help us. Some of the notes were from his wife. Somehow, the notebook helped us find my purse, which was in my cousins' living room.

The old mystery guy seems nice :)
Scarab

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:52 pm

So, had a very odd - not to mention Lovecraftian - dream last night, and since I actually remembered it this time, I figured I'd write it up here.

Experiments on time travel via wormholes had unintended consequences when a connection was unintentionally established to an alternate dimension, which then began causing bizarre and anomalous phenomena to occur in the real world. The first thing that occurred was the sky shifting to a very alien one, filled with countless whirling pools of technicolor light and fire, which, when looked at through glass of any sort, would reveal countless tears in the fabric of reality itself, each occupied by a solitary, closed eye. These rifts were also present on the ground, with countless closed eyes appearing in walls, floors, and other places everywhere. Then, as panic set in around the world, people found themselves compelled to go to certain ones of these eyes, which, in the presence of certain people, would open wide, revealing an eye that looked more painted than real, each one a color that I have never seen before, nor could hope to describe in words. When the eyes opened, the people who had sleepwalked, in a sense, to them, were instantly consumed in a flash of light, and vanished, leaving behind only intangible specters that, researchers found - somehow - to be the souls of the people spirited away, each transported back to the very beginning of time and forced to live through the entire history of the world in a tormented, semi-aware state. These strange eyes would then leech off of their misery, and grow in size, until the world began to be consumed by countless watching eyes which continued to devour the people they had chosen.

Predicting that I might be chosen by one of the eyes, I sealed myself inside the upstairs bathroom of my house, locking the door from the outside and sealing the window, and bringing with me only the supplies I needed to survive, in hopes of lasting as long as I could as the world ended around me, and cataloging the events that followed to the bitter end. For days, I watched as the eyes grew to encompass almost the entire sky, and as the people I knew all vanished into nothingness, only their miserable specters left behind, resisting the urge to go out and join them as I heard the siren songs of the eye-filled sky calling to my heart. Like Odysseus, chained to the mast, I nearly lost my sanity from the overwhelming desire to go and find the eye that was looking, watching, just for me.

But then, things suddenly changed. The eyes changed. They were no longer calling for me to come and join them on the other side of space. They were calling for help. Watching out my window, I saw the eyes being ripped from their places one by one, hunted by strange beings wreathed in black shadows, wielding powers beyond both my imagination and my comprehension. These wraiths slew the eyes, and, to my surprise and horror, placed the eyes they killed into their own foreheads. When they did this, the specters the eyes had absorbed would merge with them, and the shadows around their bodies would collapse upon them, and they would be killed, but would then be reborn as beings wreathed not in darkness, but in radiant light. Each wraith would kill one eye, and only one, as though hunting specifically for a single eye, just as the sleepwalkers had searched tirelessly for the ones that had called to them. It was then that I realized that these three-eyed hunters were, in fact, the bodies of those who had been taken, tearing themselves forth from the great beyond in order to reclaim their lost spirits, and to bring about the end of the world itself. As the sky was entirely consumed by empty holes where the eyes had once been, bleeding fire and light down onto the world below... my life ended, for in the wall directly in front of me opened one last, solitary eye.

Its color was indescribable. While the abominable hues of the other eyes had been horrifying to me, the shade of this eye was so beautiful I was moved to tears. I rose without thinking, stepping towards the eye as it looked upon me, my arms wide, my voice loud as I laughed for joy. This eye... it was made for me. It was mine. At last, the longing and fear I had felt in my soul was gone. I had found my eye at last. Even if the world ended now, everything would be alright.

Then, with a sense of separation, agony overtook every fiber of my being. The history of the world from the very first second down to the present flashed before my eyes as my mind was joined with the root of existence itself, an endless spiral into which I gazed unblinkingly, my gaze locking with the eye that looked longingly back at me from the end of the spiral of origin. My body felt like it was on fire, but it was my body no longer, for separating the senses of my mind and my physical body was an indescribable sense of nothingness. " " is perhaps the best way to describe the blankness that permeated all that I felt.

Then, after an eternity of waiting, once again, I began to move, reaching out toward the eye at the end of the spiral. I ran towards the ending of existence, time, and the world itself... and at last tore my eye from the root of existence. As it joined with my forehead, a feeling of complete wholeness filled me. Then, in a final surge of agony, I found myself once again alive, lying in a barren wasteland and gazing up at the sky, which, too, had become an endless spiral into which the Earth was rapidly falling. There were others around me, beings with three eyes like myself who were fighting amongst each other, locked in mortal combat. One would fall now and again, and the others would leap upon him or her like animals, sucking the blood of the fallen until there was nothing left. After a calm, terrible eternity, I felt fear again for the first time. I cast about myself for a weapon even as this thundering herd turned itself toward me, bearing down on me to consume me.

I cannot describe the battle that followed. The world inverted itself, and everything changed, as though reality itself had been turned on its head. This was my power: inversion. To reverse anything and everything in any way I saw fit. As my foes - no, my prey - turned inside out and collapsed in a rain of blood before me, I laughed, drinking the claret of life that began to soak everything. Now I was the hunter, and they were the prey. No, the whole universe was my prey: for I had seen the ending of the spiral, the cessation of existence itself. I had reached that ending already. Now, it was up to me to bring it about. Even as an innumerable legion of enemies surrounded me, trying to stop me and to save themselves, I raised my hands to the sky, inverting the alien canopy above me and bringing forth the innumerable stars that filled the sky. As they tore through the void that had taken their place, I inverted their motion, bringing them back towards their point of origin, the beginning of the spiral of existence: me. I spoke one word, and then watched with my third eye as the world ended in a rain of apocalyptic white fire.

"Fall."

With that, my dream ended, and I awoke, looking about with fear and anticipation for the eye I knew was watching for me.
"The Apocalypse is basically just a tutorial." - Sicon112.

"Due to the ambiguity of this wording, I am unable to determine whether or not I am the leader of the X-Men!"
"UNIVERSE-BREAKING EPILEPSY RAVE!" - AMimsyBorogove
AMimsyBorogove

Postby Victin on Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:05 pm

Today I dreamed I was somewhere generic with some of my classmates when a strange person appeared. I don't think the person got to say anything, nor I focused on him enough to see any non-generic feature (maybe he wore a heavy light brown cloak, a feddora of the same color, a big white beard and possibly a silver/golden pocket watch, or not), but he was noticeable a magician/illusionist, and he quickly started showing off his skills when all of a sudden one of my female classmates pointed out he was actually a magician/illusionist. She knew it because apparently her father was also a magician, or she took a few classes on the subject or something. Then, the next thing I know is that he disappeared and we decided to go find him. We looked around us and saw a big building which was still being built, so we concluded he must've been there.

When we finnally arrived, I realized they were building another campus for my school, except it actually looked like an indoors parking lot with an artificial beach. For some reason I can't remember, I was so hyped when I got there I accidentally jumped straight into the unfinished beach, or otherwise I'd hit head first into a pillar. A worker then complained with me I was on the beach, and told me to get out. I quickly concluded it must've been because the sand was dirty and full of germs, so I went looking for a place I could wash my hands. Luckily, not long after I found such place, except instead of a bathroom it was a pipe coming from the ceiling over a white square, and a nearby wall that wasn't taller than me with some scribblings on it ("Strenght Agility Hound Intelligence"). While I washed my hands I concluded those scribbings represented stats, because after "Hound" it was actually written "Power!", and with some thought I noticed it must have had been refering to A Song of Ice and Fire, but I couldn't tell for sure because I had read the book in Portuguese. Some people started complaining I was taking too long so I quickly went away.

Once back at where my classmates were, the workers were gathering in groups and moving around, so it took me a while to find my friend, who then took me to a close place where there was this blue door. There were two girl classmates of mine there, and one of them was the girl who knew stuff about illusionism. They told me we were left behind by the others, and that girl just walked through the closed door (She didn't phase through it, she just walked foward and up as if someone had copy-pasted her above a door disregarding anything else). I got confused and she explained this door was just an illusion and we should follow her through this set of stairs. After a while of walking on this set of stairs, I became able to see through the illusion just as we got to where the rest of our classmates were.

The staircase led us to this balcony (which was high in the air) and we could keep walking on a last set of stairs which would lead us to this space atop the houses (or whatever they were) and stare at the balcony from above. There were two doors on the balcony, so two girls went check what there was inside them (including the one who knew stuff about the illusionist). Meanwhile another girl went to the space atop the 'houses'. Being undecisive, I just stared while the two girls knocked on one the door, and I saw when this cloth doll appeared out of nowhere and started crawling in their direction. I tried to warn them, altough they disregarded me, and the doll stood up and hugged/bit one of their legs. They panicked and ran towards us, and suddenly the doll was giant.

I was scared, but then I remembered the girl who had gone to the rooftop had a knife she got in a certain place/event long before the events in-dream happened, and even though she wasn't on the roof anymore, logically her knife would be there. Once there I realized there wasn't only one knife, but knives, including swiss army ones and a bunch of kitchen apparatus I didn't know what they were, but could be used for cutting (such as this weird can opener thing which was the size of a hammer). Still undecisive, I started wondering if I wouldn't get hurt by jumping at the monster wielding too many knives, so I decided to pick one, which still seemed a bad idea so I went for a swiss army knife, but I was now in a hurry so I picked one the blade was not in fact hidden inside the gadget, nor actually properly closed so it I just shaked it hard enough the blade could actually be put in position.

I peeked down and the creature had disappeared, and so my friends were once again trying to knock on one of the doors again. The doll appeared again, this time with a different temper - It just became giant and spun around trying to hit them. They ran away, and my POV changed for a sec as an evil witch/wizard stepped out of the door. With a sudden close up at the "big bad" it was actually my mom, but with shoulder lenght black hair, wearing a lot of black clothes and black lipstick, but it was so dark I couldn't properly see her face, so hers looked almost as featureless as a lipstick wearing Slenderman's. She stepped back inside and the POV went back to normal. I jumped over the roof fence and straight at the creature's back, and tried to cut it open with the swirss army knife. It was useless, and the knife did nothing to the creature. Seeing this knife would be unneffective, I jumped out of the monster's back straight at the roof (which would mean I have mad acrobatic skills) and it just disappeared once again.

Once back on the rooftop, I realized each knife provided me a HUD-like information display which I could see some info like "Number 8: John" or "Number 7: Hope". Seeing as the Minecraft-style display informed me each knife would only be effective angainst the doll in a specific attack pattern named after Homestuck, I decided to wake up and tell my friends about this. I "woke up", still (sort of) aware I was dreaming, and jumped straight at my computer. It was behaving a bit slowly, and when I tried to open Chrome and go to Facebook it opened Internet Explorer instead, and suddenly I had two Chrome windows and one for IE, each one with at least three tabs open and loading. Then I ragequitted my dream and woke up for real this time.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby narrativedilettante on Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:21 pm

Just as I was falling asleep, I recalled a memory. A memory of a fad from when I was around 12 years old. But it wasn't a memory. It was a dream in the shape of a memory. The fad never existed.

It was a fad known as foot-dating. That is, sending your feet on dates with other people's feet. You got your feet all dressed up, painted the nails or maybe even put googly eyes on them, and then a friend's foot would be on a date with your foot and you'd be foot-dating. It was super popular, I mean, EVERYONE was doing it. Or at least, all the girls were. Our feet were all in relationships with other people's feet and there was lots of drama and sometimes it got pretty complicated.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Scarab on Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:52 pm

I had a pretty horrible dream last night where I was at work and a meerkat that looked like it came from those Compare the Market adverts they have here tried to eat my face.

...Look it was really scary at the time, okay?
Scarab

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:02 pm

I had a dream last night that a whole bunch of Metaguards were at my house and I was trying to give everybody food but somebody (I think eli) informed me that my clone's cat was allergic to fat. So I came up with the incredibly clever and innovative idea of giving the cat skim milk to drink because that doesn't have fat in it. People were skeptical of this idea, because who ever heard of cats eating milk, but we asked my clone, and he said it couldn't hurt.

So I poured out a bowl of milk and set it on a plastic tablecloth on the floor, and after my uncle helped me clean up the requisite spill from the carpet and I repoured the milk from my apparently never-emptying milk pitcher, I insulted the cat loudly to get its attention, whereupon it came over and drank the milk and also a bowl of chicken soup.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:56 pm

I do not have a cat, but if I did, Mimsy would probably find a way to make anything involving it turn out on a general weirdness level similar to that.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:13 pm

Can't really remember what I dreamed last night in full, but I do remember that part of it involved going to a baseball game at seven A.M., despite the fact that the sun was quite clearly setting rather than rising. Unfortunately, when I tried to get to my seat, the people at the front gate of the stadium who check tickets refused to let me in unless I rented a bicycle from them. So, I looked at the "bicycles" they had, but couldn't find one that was actually a bicycle, because instead they were all a cross between those reclining chair/bed things you see at public swimming pools and toy wagons, and thus all lacked pedals, instead being pulled by teams of incredibly coordinated Dachshunds. So, since there wasn't a an actual bicycle available for rent, I decided to get clever, and so put tophats on all of the Dachshunds, then released them into the front of the stadium, where they did a perfectly choreographed dancing act, distracting the ticket inspectors while I slipped into the stadium. Unfortunately, by the time I actually got inside, the game was not only basically completely over, but had also changed from baseball to football, and all of the players had been replaced by Dachshunds. Disappointed, I collected my tophats and instead started a bicycle renting business that actually rented tophats, because that's what you do when you start a bicycle renting business, evidently - rent something completely different.
"The Apocalypse is basically just a tutorial." - Sicon112.

"Due to the ambiguity of this wording, I am unable to determine whether or not I am the leader of the X-Men!"
"UNIVERSE-BREAKING EPILEPSY RAVE!" - AMimsyBorogove
AMimsyBorogove

Postby Victin on Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:16 am

Today I had a 30-second dream about Irun. I was browsing through the Internet, on this forum, and I noticed there was a new post on the RPing sub-forum. I checked and it was a post by agora in the RP. It had three pics and three lines of text, that kept more or less the same subject but the actual text shifted. The first, biggest pic was that of a purple cat on an white background. The second pic was that of a short, black haired guy with a wooden staff. Then, the first line of text said "Cat is Spirit Cat", and the next line said "The staff can also weaken armor. “Iron plate to aluminum”". Then, the smallest and also the only real world pic in the batch, was the pic of an 1800s pistol, similar to one of Sicon's char, if I remember well. The line under it said… uh… I forgot :S
Victin

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:47 pm

A very short dream, in which I posted on the Coffee Room, then Sicon magically appeared and said, "This forum is dead."

He closed it down.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby IslaKariese on Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:40 pm

I had my very first lucid dream a few days ago, I'm so excited! ...Okay, so it was actually a very trippy nightmare, but I'm still excited.

So, I'm sitting in my room reading this book for my paper, and my roommate's on the other side watching TV as loud as Armageddon, and I look at the clock as see that it's four am. Before it really registers, I get this bloody taste in my mouth and I feel something loosen, so I rush off to the bathroom to use the sink.

When I get there, I immediately spit out about four teeth along with a whole lot of blood, and I'm just staring trying not to scream. I look in the mirror and see the holes they left behind in my mouth and I'm still bleeding, so I look down at the teeth trying to figure out how the hell this happened, but then I blink and I think, "Hey, wait a minute, I'm dreaming!" I smile with the revelation and my mouth is completely healed, though the teeth are still in the sink. Then I think, "So, if I'm dreaming, then I can do this...?" and I step to the side but my reflection doesn't and she just smiles at me calm as you please while I squeal like I just won the kitten/puppy lottery.

But then my reflection turns her back to me and I get confused, and then she turns back around looking like Samara from the Ring and leaps at me and I jump and blink again and everything's normal now except my eyes are a little bloodshot and wide from the shock. I finally say, "I think it's time to wake up now," so I close my eyes and relax and after a few minutes I feel myself lying in my bed and I check to make sure everything's normal before I just go back to sleep and dream about driving an ATV and it's just about the trippiest thing that's ever happened to me in my dreams and I'm kinda psyched right now can you tell!? :D :lol:
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby narrativedilettante on Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:57 pm

IslaKariese wrote:I had my very first lucid dream a few days ago, I'm so excited!

I'm proud of you!

I've actually found that a lot of lucid dreams can be nightmares. They can be really fun and cool too, but not always. Also, in my experience there's something about trying to take control of the dream, where it's like your subconscious rebels and insists that you're not really in control and makes everything scary. Not all the time, though. Sometimes it's AWESOME.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:53 am

IslaKariese wrote:I had my very first lucid dream a few days ago, I'm so excited! ...Okay, so it was actually a very trippy nightmare, but I'm still excited.

So, I'm sitting in my room reading this book for my paper, and my roommate's on the other side watching TV as loud as Armageddon, and I look at the clock as see that it's four am. Before it really registers, I get this bloody taste in my mouth and I feel something loosen, so I rush off to the bathroom to use the sink.

When I get there, I immediately spit out about four teeth along with a whole lot of blood, and I'm just staring trying not to scream. I look in the mirror and see the holes they left behind in my mouth and I'm still bleeding, so I look down at the teeth trying to figure out how the hell this happened, but then I blink and I think, "Hey, wait a minute, I'm dreaming!" I smile with the revelation and my mouth is completely healed, though the teeth are still in the sink. Then I think, "So, if I'm dreaming, then I can do this...?" and I step to the side but my reflection doesn't and she just smiles at me calm as you please while I squeal like I just won the kitten/puppy lottery.

But then my reflection turns her back to me and I get confused, and then she turns back around looking like Samara from the Ring and leaps at me and I jump and blink again and everything's normal now except my eyes are a little bloodshot and wide from the shock. I finally say, "I think it's time to wake up now," so I close my eyes and relax and after a few minutes I feel myself lying in my bed and I check to make sure everything's normal before I just go back to sleep and dream about driving an ATV and it's just about the trippiest thing that's ever happened to me in my dreams and I'm kinda psyched right now can you tell!? :D :lol:

I am getting Lovecraft vibes....poor guy. However, it did help his writing.

Y'know, Lucid Dreams are great if you're an author. I wrote a story based on a horrific dream I had involving WWI, the 3 survivors of a Pal Battalion and the battle of the Somme.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby IslaKariese on Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:06 pm

narrativedilettante wrote:
IslaKariese wrote:I had my very first lucid dream a few days ago, I'm so excited!

I'm proud of you!

I've actually found that a lot of lucid dreams can be nightmares. They can be really fun and cool too, but not always. Also, in my experience there's something about trying to take control of the dream, where it's like your subconscious rebels and insists that you're not really in control and makes everything scary. Not all the time, though. Sometimes it's AWESOME.

You know, that makes sense. I kept thinking, "But I don't want my dream to be so creepy," but my dream wasn't really listening to me, then. :roll:

I've been reading so many different tips about how to get lucid dreams, but I wasn't even trying for this one - it just happened. It's so weird, but I really do hope it happens again. It certainly hasn't happened since. :(
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic