Dream Journal

Anything goes.

Re: Dream Journal

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:49 pm

Endless Sea wrote:Why the "hmmmmmm"?


Sometimes, it's hard remembering your dreams.
FIRE!
User avatar
The Wild West Pyro
 
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:07 pm
Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Re: Dream Journal

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:43 am

The other day I had a dream set in what looked like a combination of a generic high school and the forums. A friend of mine from my program last year was joking around with me and Pixel, and pretending for the lulz that she'd been banned from FC. Some people who were really obnoxious in my elementary school, but in the dream were just random people, were trying to sneak into the RPs with false IDs.
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
User avatar
Qara-Xuan Zenith
 
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: Dream Journal

Postby Victin on Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:39 pm

I had a dream today, but I don't remember much of it. I only remember it was Minecraft based (as in, IRL Minecraft), and there was some kind of bug that made mobs spawn under the ground, and they slowly rose upwards so the bug "fixed" itself. But I was in some kind of city, and for some reason I had the power to summon lightning (in-dream explanation was because I was in some weird mix of creative and survival, but I behaved exactly like survival would, but with the power to summon lightning). I remember running away from monsters and trying to gather as many people as possible inside a building. One of the last moments had me trying to save some headless purple humanoid slimes from creepers that were bursting from the ground, because night was coming up at the exact same moment (instead of a gradual change of light, where we were there was a white outline which moved fast, so we had to run to keep up with it, while on the other side it was very dark, but I still could see the mobs and my surroundings). I attacked the creepers with my sword while invoking thunderbolts at them and running backwards, but none of them gave signals of exploding nor became charged. My last moments before I woke up happened either on my "house" (or whichever place everyone was) or outside, with me alone fighting an horde of mobs. I tried to summon thunders to strike them, but since I thought "I must summon lightning to destroy them" I actually forgot how to do so, because I never really knew how I was doing that. (I did question how I was doing it at the start of the dream, but there wasn't any kind of explanation asides from the clarification I wasn't using commands and I could do that because of my "gamemode", even though everything happened IRL with Minecraft graphics, or something, because Dream!me was half-way between IRL and Minecraft graphivcs, differently from everything else).
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
User avatar
Victin
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:17 pm
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Re: Dream Journal

Postby narrativedilettante on Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:21 pm

First, I should've posted this earlier but anyway, here it is now, from March 7th:

I was playing Socrates Jones. It was a part of the game after the bit in the Intelligible Realm, when Socrates has won and returned to Earth with his daughter. They stand on the sidewalk of a busy street and get into an argument with someone, while the rest of the passersby watch and listen. The choices were greatly expanded here, with lots of subcategories for each point you could make. A lot of the choices were clearly bad ones, so that there were lots of ways you could sabotage your argument with ad hominem attacks and the like, and when you did so the people gathered around would boo you.


And now, from last night. I dreamed about a creature that, though called a Silent, definitely had aspects of Slender Man to him. I blame all of you. Oh, and he was also a shapeshifter, but I can't blame that part on anyone but myself.

We had captured a Silent. It was stuck in a hole at the beach, where the water met the shore. I asked how we had managed to capture it, and someone showed me a video of how it had been stuck. It had been in the shape of a dog, and was with a little girl when she was injured by some sort of accident while playing in the waves. In the course of the accident and the subsequent rescue of the little girl, the dog had been injured and was left there. I have no idea how we recognized from the video that the dog was a Silent. But we now had it in custody, and we began to transport it to a holding facility.

While we were getting ready to move it off the beach, it came in contact with a big lump of silver that had been in the water. When it touched the silver, it screamed in pain, and we all realized that silver was the Silents’ weakness. It’s likely that crashing into the lump of silver was what injured the girl and the Silent in the first place. (It was pretty big.) I was holding the Silent as we marched it away from the beach. As it recovered from contact with the silver, it began resisting us, using tentacles to attack me and the others who had captured it. Its attacks were ineffectual, and we made derisive remarks about its little tentacles not being able to hurt us. Eventually, though, it slipped from my grasp and escaped into the crowd.

Using a radio/walkie talkie/some sort of mobile communication device, I announced to the entire team that the Silent was loose, and that it could be anyone, and we needed to be on the lookout for anyone who looked suspicious. Then I saw a woman walking shortly ahead of another woman who looked exactly the same as she did, and I told the team that I’d found it, and it was definitely one of those two women. Before the team could converge on them, though, they’d gone out of sight.

I went to the house of the woman the Silent had imitated, hoping that it would show up there in disguise as her. To get there I had to climb an old wooden playstructure. The wood was crumbling and I got splinters in my hands from climbing it. There was someone hanging out on the playstructure who struck up a conversation with me, and asked me about something. I can’t remember his question, but my response was to explain some complaints I had heard about the most recent James Bond movie.

When I got into the house, I put on a CD and starting looking through and sorting the CDs there, planning which ones to take with when I left. (I believe these were my CDs that were in this woman’s house for some reason.) While I waited for the woman to show up, I planned my approach. I needed to get her to touch silver, but I didn’t want to weird her out if she was herself, or tip her off if she was the Silent. I decided the best thing to do would be to take a silver CD and toss it at her, saying something like “You should listen to this.”
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
User avatar
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:07 am

Re: Dream Journal

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:59 am

The other day I had a dream in which I was a princess, and my evil older half-brother was trying to trick me into marrying him by strategically erasing adjectives from a sheet of lined paper.

I went to set the table, and found that there were sticks of pineapple where the spoons should have been in the cutlery drawer. I knew that this was part of the conspiracy.
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
User avatar
Qara-Xuan Zenith
 
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: Dream Journal

Postby Endless Sea on Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:17 am

One snipped of info I remember from last night's dream- someone's mom died because some kind of tunneling worm-centipede-thing got into her throat and some sort of alarm was going or something so she couldn't get any help.

My subconscious is morbid.
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
User avatar
Endless Sea
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:36 pm

Re: Dream Journal

Postby narrativedilettante on Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:37 pm

This was a very long dream, especially considering that not that much really happened. Also, I think my subconscious got "supermarket" mixed up with "shopping mall" what with the signing and everything.

I was in a supermarket. I picked up two containers of pasta that were nearly the same, but had some difference like one being made out of whole wheat or lower in sodium compared to the other or something like that. They both contained half fettucini and half spaghetti. Without meaning to, I ripped one of the packages, and not knowing what to do, I put the pasta from that package into the other one so I would be able to carry it easily. Now I had one package containing both packages’ worth of pasta. I realized that this way I could just buy this one package and not have to pay as much as I normally would for two packages. However, I worried that the cashier would notice that the package weighed twice as much as it should and realize what I had done.

I still had other things to pick up though, so I started looking for a cart. This was difficult, as every single cart in the store was in use, and I couldn’t go outside the store to get a cart when I was holding a product that I hadn’t purchased yet. Across the store, I saw a red plastic Target cart, but I didn’t want to use a cart from a different store than the one I was in.

As I walked through the store, I heard someone calling my name. I turned around to see who it was, and I saw that two of my Real Life friends were there. They had just arrived in town, and I’d been on the phone with them and knew they would be grocery shopping, but I hadn’t put two and two together and realized I might run into them. We started talking, and one of them suggested that I put all of the ingredients for the things I was planning to make over the next few days into a list so it would be easy to see what I needed. I had the recipes on me, and I was just going to use the ingredients lists as a shopping guide. I had pretty much everything I needed, except olive oil and lentils. The problem with olive oil was that the store only seemed to have canola oil, and only in fairly large quantities, when I was pretty sure I wouldn’t be able to use that much oil before I would have to move away and throw away stuff like that because it would be too much of a hassle to move it. Lentils, though, I could get.

We moved off, walking down the side of the store toward the back, and we passed a poster advertising “Life on the DMZ,” a play about a Starfleet captain stationed near the demilitarized zone. I said, “I wonder if that’s any good.” One of my friends looked up to see what I was talking about. There were multiple posters, and I realized that they were all for different things, so she wouldn’t know which one I’d been talking about. As I examined them more closely, I saw that they weren’t actually posters advertising plays, they were covers from comic books. I was less interested in “Life on the DMZ” when I learned it was a comic and not a play.

We kept walking, and there was a table set up with a man doing signings. One of my friends stopped and was talking to him for quite a while before I started paying attention to him. It was his voice that did it. The more he spoke, the more he sounded extremely familiar. In fact, he sounded exactly like Roy from The IT Crowd. With a start, I realized this must actually be the actor who plays Roy on The IT Crowd. I looked at him carefully, and he did resemble Roy, but I couldn’t really tell if it was him, so I tried to listen more closely, and the more he spoke, the more I was convinced it was him. I tried to remember his name, but the best I could come up with was Ray Trenem, which was just too close to his character’s name to be correct.

When I first started paying attention to their conversation, my friend was complaining that her camera wasn’t working - the flash wasn’t going off and the pictures were coming out blurry, so it was difficult to get a photo of her with the actor. I suggested she change the camera setting so that it was on a setting that used flash by default, and she insisted that a different setting wouldn’t get her the photo quality she wanted. I objected because as things were, she already wasn’t getting the photo quality she wanted. Finally I took a picture of them, but I didn’t think it was very good and wanted to do a second take, but someone else at the table was already printing it out. I was confused because they shouldn’t be able to connect to my friend’s camera, which meant they probably had their own camera, which meant my friend didn’t need to worry about her camera at all, which rendered the entire argument about the settings pointless.

While the picture was printing, my friend was talking to the actor, and he was writing on a sheet of paper. I presumed he was dedicating and signing it. I wanted to talk to him, but I didn’t want to butt in on my friend’s time, and felt awkward with my late realization of who he was. When my friend received her picture and we moved away, I decided I would just get straight into line and go see him properly. I actually punched the air in my excitement, and realized that I had just made an excited gesture about seeing this actor, in full view of that actor, and was somewhat embarrassed.

If I’d moved quickly enough, I could have entered at the front of the line, because it was empty at that moment. However, a group of people were just then moving into line. I recognized them as the people who’d been there immediately prior to my friend. I had to walk all the way down to where the rope that separated the line from the rest of the store ended. We got in line, which was pretty long by the time we’d walked down to the end to enter it properly. I was annoyed at having to wait, but really excited about meeting that actor.

Standing in line, I remembered that his name was Chris O’Dowd. I started rambling on about him. “He’s the only reason I saw Bridesmaids,” I said. “Really?” Asked my friend, seeming genuinely curious and surprised. “Yeah,” I said, and continued in my discussion of him.

My friend had two pieces of paper that she’d taken away from her meeting. One was glossy and had an image on it of a hill and a tree, looking nice but irrelevant. My friend said that that was just what came out of the photo printer before it printed your photo. I looked at it and realized that the hill and trees looked blocky, with all right angles, as if it was a Minecraft screenshot. Before I said that, though, I saw that the background looked much more natural. Since this sheet was just an extra, I threw it away when we passed a trash can. Then I looked at the other sheet of paper. This one was thicker, and just had a black ink line drawing of some kind printed on it. This wasn’t the photo of my friend and Chris O’Dowd either, so I started to crumple it up to throw it away, but my friend stopped me. At first I thought she was objecting to me throwing a piece of paper in the trash instead of recycling it, but then she turned over the paper and I saw that this was what Chris O’Dowd had been writing on when talking to her. There were little blocks of writing in different parts of the paper, in different colors of ink. He didn’t seem to have signed it anywhere, but he had printed his name in pencil. Actually, though, he hadn’t done that. My friend had pencilled in the name so that she’d remember where she got this piece of paper from. My other friend noticed that the first friend had spelled it wrong and corrected her: “It’s Chris O’Dowd, not just Chris Dowd.” The other friend was pencilling in the name on her own piece of paper from her own conversation with Chris O’Dowd, during which I hadn't been paying attention.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
User avatar
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:07 am

Re: Dream Journal

Postby Tohrinha on Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:13 am

I had a dream last night that my governor declared war on Nebraska. I can’t remember if there was a reason for it, but there was some tactical discussion. We had the advantage because we had many types of terrain, whereas Nebraska was all plains. So we were all set to invade; on the off-chance that they invaded us, we could always retreat into the mountains.

. . . I also remember coming on chat and protesting that we didn’t think he was insane when we elected him.
User avatar
Tohrinha
Meta-Knight
 
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:52 pm

Re: Dream Journal

Postby Scarab on Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:46 pm

Tohrinha wrote:I had a dream last night that my governor declared war on Nebraska. I can’t remember if there was a reason for it, but there was some tactical discussion. We had the advantage because we had many types of terrain, whereas Nebraska was all plains. So we were all set to invade; on the off-chance that they invaded us, we could always retreat into the mountains.

. . . I also remember coming on chat and protesting that we didn’t think he was insane when we elected him.


They're never isnane when you elect them, it's only afterwards it becomes clear :lol:
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: Dream Journal

Postby H22 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:02 pm

Tohrinha wrote:I had a dream last night that my governor declared war on Nebraska. I can’t remember if there was a reason for it, but there was some tactical discussion. We had the advantage because we had many types of terrain, whereas Nebraska was all plains. So we were all set to invade; on the off-chance that they invaded us, we could always retreat into the mountains.

. . . I also remember coming on chat and protesting that we didn’t think he was insane when we elected him.


This is insane enough I now don't mind admitting I dreamt Dilly was elected pope in 1959 and is now a singer. You'd've done a great job.
In life, he suffered from a sense of unreality, as do many Englishmen.
H22
 
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:42 am

Re: Dream Journal

Postby narrativedilettante on Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:09 am

H22 wrote:
Tohrinha wrote:I had a dream last night that my governor declared war on Nebraska. I can’t remember if there was a reason for it, but there was some tactical discussion. We had the advantage because we had many types of terrain, whereas Nebraska was all plains. So we were all set to invade; on the off-chance that they invaded us, we could always retreat into the mountains.

. . . I also remember coming on chat and protesting that we didn’t think he was insane when we elected him.


This is insane enough I now don't mind admitting I dreamt Dilly was elected pope in 1959 and is now a singer. You'd've done a great job.


:D :D :D

I love this.

Here's what I dreamed last night:

There had been some sort of catastrophe and the human population was severely lessened. I was with a group of survivors who were marching along an abandoned highway, constantly on the move trying to find a decent place to settle down. Coming the other way on the highway was a group of survivors from another species, similar to humans in basic shape. I don’t remember what they were called, but I know they breathed underwater, and had to wear masks when they walked around on the surface, so humans pretty much never saw what they actually looked like. Humans were all wearing masks too, because of toxins in the air, so the way to tell humans and the other creatures apart was by the type of mask they wore. We were keeping to our own lanes, so that each alternate lane was filled with people walking in opposite directions. When we were resting at one point, I tried to convince the other humans that we had to try to work with the other creatures, or else it was likely none of us would survive. The humans and the other creatures were reluctant, because they had a long history of distrust and enmity between them.


I also consulted Sicon at some point, and I started acting like Sherlock Holmes, but I don't remember those bits very clearly.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
User avatar
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:07 am

Re: Dream Journal

Postby Victin on Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:10 pm

Today I dreamt something, though I don't remember the whole dream, at some point the events lead to this point:

I was close to a L-shaped wall in the middle of aroom, with a cute kitty in its corner. I'm not sure if the kitten was sitting on a stool, floating mid air or simply dream reality warping which we don't realise while dreaming, so as it didn't seem abnormal I'm not sure how the kitten really was standing. Me and my father were staring at the kitty while discussing something else that came before that part of the dream, but I walked to the side without him noticing and started using a computer which was in a desk. But it was only the top part of the desk, which was floating mid-air. I started talking with you guys (I remember Scarab, and maybe Adell and Blur), and at some point I asked something for Scarab about art. Then my father came to talk to me because he wanted to use the computer to google where he had seen a similar exhibition with the kitty and the wall. Somehow I got a notebook out of thin air to give to him, while I finished using my computer. I tried to help him to find the place he wanted, but we started discussing as he was seeing the map of USA. Then I went back to the computer, said 'bye' to you guys and turned it off. I went back to help my dad only to discover he had found the place he wanted: "Westeros". I recognized it as of Game of Thrones (though the map wasn't similar to the real one, but I'm not really sure because I don't watch that show nor read the series; I do have seen some complimentary material... But... That's a long story) but I didn't question it as "not being from the real world".

Then we walked away from the place we were, I don't remember if it was a museum, a hospital or what. I walked away fighting with my father (as we do most of the time in this dream). When we got outside I looked to the left side, because we had walked to and fro that way before in the dream, only to find out that, since it had become night (before it was day) there was a huge patch of darkness. I could perfectly see what was behind the darkness, but the place on the street were it was dark I couldn't. Then my father and I discussed what to do, or more exactly, how to cross the street (not through the patch of darkness, parallel to it, but still in front of the place we were; There was a distance between it and the place we just had gotten out of). There were... Two lanes of street, I guess (it looked like a boulevard). My father crossed first up to the middle (side?)walk, while I came after him. At this point, I don't know where exactly I was, but I started discussing with myself what I knew about the Dragon. All I know is that in the following moment, when I was in the middle lane a giant blur flew over the street, going to the direction of the patch of darkness (used here as a reference and nothing else). I was almost dragged along it, so I had to forcefully cross the street, walking through the cars and trying to not be dragged. At that point I was thinking why that was happening, and I thought about myself being one of the Chosen Ones, and then I fought what the Chosen Ones really were. I thought about being Dragonborns, but I disregarded it because it was a thing from Skyrim (though I never argued it was fictional) and because none of my parents were dragons (I do'nt know how Skyrim works).

When I got to the other side, my father was complaining with me about the way I crossed the streets (without await for the cars to stop and such) and I tried to argue, to no avail. But I did convince him to entry the enormous warehouse-like building which was in front of us, instead of going wherever we were going to. The place was decorated with dragon-related ornaments and was veyr empty. I heard the dragon's roar outside, and started trying to convince myself it wasn't like the dragon SCP (the one with expontaneous combustion). Then, the dragon's roars got louder and I could see his blur flying around the warehouse. Then I thought I should wake up before the dream became a nightmare. I thought on the matter for a small amount of time, tried to wake up once (by moving my arms and opening my eyes, I think) but I wasn't really trying at first, so I didn't wake up. Then the dragon came to crash the warehouse and I decided I had awaited too much. Then I woke up (on purpose).


Also, I think I was wondering in-dream if the talk with Scarab and the others was real or not, because something similar had happened the other day, but with FC and Qara.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
User avatar
Victin
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:17 pm
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Re: Dream Journal

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:40 pm

Being the fanfiction shipper I am, I had this dream:

Up in Heaven, in the Les Miserables area, Enjolras climbs into bed and falls asleep after partying with his friends. Eponine comes in, tucks him in, climbs in and they both fall asleep.
FIRE!
User avatar
The Wild West Pyro
 
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:07 pm
Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Re: Dream Journal

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:51 am

Well, I had a dream last night which was a cross between Inception and Floating Castle-- that is, FC characters, on an... Inception-style quest?

I was Ben, naturally, and I was on a quest with two other people-- I think they were Julius and Pan. Not exactly sure what our mission had been to do, only that it had to be accomplished in the other guy's dream. At a certain point, we'd achieved our objectives and the more we prolonged sticking around, the more the evil dude was getting the upper hand. I/Ben kept suggesting we just kill ourselves to get out of the dream already, but apparently we'd been drinking the wrong kind of juice for that, and would have to wait around for him to kill us.

Finally, we'd been gone long enough that the Powers that Be decided to send another group of three to see what had happened to us-- I think Anji, Morionem, and Kurt. I was annoyed enough that they were sending more people to rescue us when we were just about to wrap things up ourselves, and people who generally annoyed Ben, at that, but the tipping point was when the former two of that group started narrating everything they and I were doing. After several increasingly irate attempts to ask them to stop, to no avail, I/Ben screamed at everyone to "SHUT UP!", at which point the dream ended.


Hmmm.... writing this has just made me remember the other FC dream I had last night.
In some odd live-action version of FC, one of Mimsy's NPCs mistook me for Dilly and started planning out a scene between herself and Giselle with me. I felt really guilty, especially when I realized that either I'd have to write it all out and then run everything by Dilly, or the scene would never get written, since the person I'd been accidentally plotting with was an NPC, not a player. (Sadly, I don't remember what the scene we were plotting actually was.)


I also had an LBD-related dream in which I was watching some... deleted scenes?... and they announced that Welcome to Sanditon will start this Thursday.
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
User avatar
Qara-Xuan Zenith
 
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: Dream Journal

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:59 pm

Nightmare. Kim Jong Un against a yellow background pointing and saying "You." Demons dancing. Skeletons laughing. Prayed to God and the nightmare went away.
FIRE!
User avatar
The Wild West Pyro
 
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:07 pm
Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Re: Dream Journal

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:35 am

I had a dream that there was this ADORABLE BABY staying in my house for a day or two. I was mildly surprised when she said "Thank you" to my "You are beautiful", because I didn't realize she could already talk.

...I WONDER WHY I had a dream about a baby last night.
Ha. Haha.
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
User avatar
Qara-Xuan Zenith
 
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: Dream Journal

Postby Scarab on Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:19 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:I had a dream that there was this ADORABLE BABY staying in my house for a day or two. I was mildly surprised when she said "Thank you" to my "You are beautiful", because I didn't realize she could already talk.

...I WONDER WHY I had a dream about a baby last night.
Ha. Haha.


Somebody's getting broody :P
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: Dream Journal

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:30 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:I had a dream that there was this ADORABLE BABY staying in my house for a day or two. I was mildly surprised when she said "Thank you" to my "You are beautiful", because I didn't realize she could already talk.

...I WONDER WHY I had a dream about a baby last night.
Ha. Haha.


Zoe?
FIRE!
User avatar
The Wild West Pyro
 
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:07 pm
Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Re: Dream Journal

Postby narrativedilettante on Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:05 pm

Last night:

I was in a place comprised of several old brick buildings, with statues all over the place. Lots of the statues were in disrepair, but they were all beautiful works of art, or had been at one time. I was walking around looking at everything, and a kid threw a broken piece of a statue at me. The piece he threw was a foot. I picked it up and turned to the kid, saying “Do you understand why it’s unacceptable to throw things like that?” He said, “Yeah, I might break a window,” in a dismissive voice, and ran off. I followed, and said, “No. One: You might have damaged this precious piece of statuary.” He kept running off, grabbing friends of his and talking/playing with them and avoiding me, and I just kept following him and continuing to talk as if there had been no interruptions. “Two: You might have damaged any of these other precious, irreplaceable works of art.” I waved my hand, indicating all the statues that were around. “Three: You might have caused me serious injury.” I think there was a fourth thing, but I can’t remember what it was. Something about disturbing the decorum of our location, maybe. By the time I’d listed everything the kid had sat down at a table where some of his friends were eating. It was a round table in a plaza like they have at some Disneyland restaurants. I kept talking to the kid, trying to figure out why he was acting out and throwing pieces of statuary, and finally he explained. The place I was visiting was his school, and he was upset because there was a group of foreign exchange students there who’d shaken up the social structure and were picking on him. I sympathized and gave him some advice about remaining true to himself and such, and after a while he felt better and was resolved not to throw things at people any more.


And from Friday:

I was in a park, and there were three water slides. Well, liquid slides would be a better term, because only one of them was water. The other two were green goo and orange goo. The setting was something of a combination of Minecraft and Where’s My Water?. The liquid started from a given place and flowed down the hill in the manner of Minecraft liquid physics. The orange goo had been added in a recent update, and I wanted to find out how it was different from green goo. The orange goo was colored like lava in Minecraft, and the green goo was equivalent to Where’s My Water? green goo. I tried touching orange goo and found that it caused me damage, like green goo. I got in the water, because touching water heals. At the bottom of the water slide, I decided to see how water interacted with orange goo, so I splashed water into the orange goo slide. It sizzled and left a black residue. A mother was upset that I’d got black stains on her kid’s clothes, but I was pretty sure they’d wash out.


I don't expect ANYONE here to have played Where's My Water?, so I'll explain: It's a game for iPhones and similar devices, in which you get water to flow into a pipe so that an alligator can take a bath. The game contains water and some other fluids, including green goo. Actually, now that I think about it, there IS a lava-like substance... in the Phineas and Ferb themed spinoff of the game, Where's My Perry?.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
User avatar
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:07 am

Re: Dream Journal

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:34 pm

PLAGUED BY SATANIC IMAGERY FOR THE WHOLE NIGHT, AND DEMONS. AND SOME REALLY, REALLY SCARY DOCTOR WHO MONSTERS, eg, Midnight Entity

Prayed again. It stopped after a few more minutes of horror.
FIRE!
User avatar
The Wild West Pyro
 
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:07 pm
Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Re: Dream Journal

Postby Lordxana0 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:19 am

Had the weirdest dream last night. I was at a home laying on the couch with someone I assume was my girlfriend and we were watching Ghostbusters and we had to go to a party a friend was throwing at some bar. The movie ends and she turns to me and says the sweetest words I have ever heard in a dream. "Screw the party lets rewatch Shakugan no Shana and cuddle" I think I might have dream proposed to her before I woke up.
Who you going to call? ME!
User avatar
Lordxana0
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:36 pm
Location: Long Beach

Re: Dream Journal

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed May 01, 2013 9:46 am

I had a dream last night that I discovered Rick's secret message on efp (and then went downstairs in my house, which seemed to be full of GMs, to show him). When I woke up, I realized that the solution my dream-self found a) was physically impossible because internets don't work that way, and b) was completely nonsensical.
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
User avatar
Qara-Xuan Zenith
 
Joined: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:34 pm

Re: Dream Journal

Postby Victin on Wed May 01, 2013 11:07 am

The other day I dreamed that I had a new turtle, and I was behaving like a 5 y-o and playing with it, close to my old turtle but in a way both stayed separate. Then I decided to bring them both together even though I expected them to dislike each other a bit because they were both males. Then they stared at each other for a few seconds and my old turtle bit off the new one's head so hard the entire dream shaked. Before I could start crying and mourn the possible death (the head apparently just disappeared, it could be inside the shell) I told myself: "Screw this dream, it has gotten too sad." and then I woke up.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
User avatar
Victin
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:17 pm
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Re: Dream Journal

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Wed May 01, 2013 4:38 pm

I had a dream where I was inside some kind of run down district of a city I didn't recognize. All of the buildings were old and made of bricks, looking like really old shops and warehouses. Everything was really overgrown with weeds and the like, and a lot of the buildings were falling down. I wasn't alone, however. There were several dozen other people there with me, most of whom I didn't recognize. We were all loitering around for whatever reason, and all of us seemed to be armed to varying degrees. Some had swords, spears, or other medieval weapons, others had guns and the like. Some even had more futuristic weapons. I saw someone with weird gauntlets on his wrists that projected circular energy blade/shield combos, for example. More strangely, however, was the fact that many of them seemed not to be Human. I observed at least one person with Unusual Ears in effect on the bottom of the spectrum, but more commonly, they were far more divergent from Humans than just that. I saw a cyclops of some sort, clad in a thick black mantle, from within whose cloak I observed some sort of writhing black shadow with countless red eyes, like Pride from Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. I also saw a gigantic creature covered in thick blue-white hair, with some sort of natural armor, like a carapace, sprouting from his body, arms, and legs.

I, personally, was armed with a pistol of some kind. I'm not sure if it fired lasers or bullets, but it didn't really matter, anyway. My other weapon was slung over my back. It was, in shape, roughly akin to a particularly curvy katana, but its size was more akin to a nodachi. It was neither of these things, however, for it was actually cylindrical rather than flat, and bore at its end a formidable-looking barbed hook, like some sort of unusually-shaped harpoon, or hook.

I found myself speaking to two people who I can't remember very clearly. However, for whatever reason, I got the feeling that one of them was Qara, possibly because of the fact that she had purple hair, like her Scarab-drawn profile. She also had pointed ears, for whatever reason. We made a few offhanded comments about toasters, confirming my suspicions. Her weapon of choice seemed to be a pair of chained, handheld scythes, with each blade of which capable of folding back into the handle of the scythe, revealing submachine guns built into their bases. The other person seemed to be my father, except he was, for whatever reason, wearing a gigantic fedora with a brim that rivaled that of a sombrero. This was pulled down, hiding his face from view. He also wore a pinstriped black suit, and seemed to be in the process of lighting a cigarette - despite the fact that he does not, and never has, as far as I know, smoked - with a golden lighter that I immediately recognized as a piece of Scaramaga's golden gun. Sure enough, he produced the other components as well save for the bullet, and assembled the weapon shortly thereafter. It fired some sort of particle beam when he used it, but I'll get to that later.

Evidently, before coming to this deserted city, some sort of arrangements had been made, as everyone was, like myself, assembled in groups of three. They remained together in these closely-knit circles until at last a voice rang out from seemingly nowhere, calling our attention. It announced that some kind of test was underway, and briefly explained the rules. We were to fight to the death with the sole objective of survival for the next 30 minutes. Once the time was up, the survivors would be extracted from the battlefield. However, there was a catch. Only those who were parts of a full team of three would be able to pass the test. All others would be disqualified. However, these teams did not have to be the same as when the test began. Therefore, the trick of the test was to eliminate enemies all the while making alliances to replace lost team members. As there would be no time to make new alliances at the end of the test, you would therefore either have to keep any members of your team from dying - passing you on the grounds of tremendous skill and loyalty - or you would need to constantly be making new allies, filling any holes in your party's numbers so that you would always be prepared for the ending - passing you on the grounds of prudence and adaptability.

Upon hearing this, I realized to my surprise that the stage for my dream seemed to be within the plot of a certain Manwha - Tower of God. I also recognized that the strange weapon on my back was a hook-class, and for whatever reason, I came to understand that it was an ignition weapon, with the name Piercing Crescent. For those of you who haven't read Tower of God, an ignition weapon basically has bankai. You call out "Ignite, <Weapon Name>" and it grows tremendously powerful.

In any case, as I did not wish to die, I decided that I would prepare myself for the test posthaste. We were given five minutes after the announcement to scatter into the surrounding area, so that we might take up positions where we might hopefully survive the test. Using this time, I immediately directed my team to rush towards a large warehouse where we hopefully might be able to conceal ourselves, ambushing any enemy parties that might attack us there. Sadly, I wasn't the only one with this idea, and upon reaching the warehouse, we found it occupied by multiple enemy teams, already engaged in combat, as the test proper had just begun. Consequently, we were forced to take up a tremendously disadvantageous position just outside of the door to the warehouse, with myself on one side, Qara on the other, and my fedora-clad father providing a rearguard, taking cover behind a destroyed vehicle of some sort and wielding his golden gun to keep the enemies behind us from overrunning our position while Qara and myself attempted to push through into the warehouse, which, while occupied, would have provided us with far better cover than the ground we currently occupied.

Then he appeared, invading my dreams as he is ought to do.

The snapping of his fingers was my only warning, and by that time, it was far too late. In a hailstorm of blue fire and lightning, my father was sent flying, knocked out in a single shot. With a rushing of air as it was split, a red and blue blur came streaking out of the darkness, slamming into Qara from the side. She had only just enough time to raise her chain-scythes to defend herself before she was in a direct lock with his katana. The sheer force of his attack was enough to send her crashing straight through the wall of the warehouse, regardless. Continuing his movement, the demonic flash-stepping asshat - inexplicably clad in Simon's star shades from the finale of TTGL, I might add - then attempted to bring his sword down on me, aiming, evidently, to decapitate me offhandedly and proceed into the warehouse. Fortunately, I had enough time to draw my Piercing Crescent just in time to turn aside his attack, somehow telepathically controlling the haft of my weapon to snap to the side like a whip before flicking it down the blade of his sword, lashing outward with its point. That was enough to make him reconsider, and he swiftly flash stepped away, vanishing into the warehouse.

As you've probably guessed by now, the attacker in question was none other than Sicon, as portrayed in his Scarab profile. Evidently, having either slaughtered his own team or simply abandoning them, he was now endeavoring to kill every single individual in the entirety of the testing arena. And, judging by the fact that the rest of the city was now entirely silent, he was succeeding thus far.

Retrieving my father, I decided that the best course of action for now would be to hastily re-assemble my shattered team while Sicon was busy killing everyone in the warehouse, and while they were too busy dying, to stop me. So, sheathing my hook, I braced myself and flash stepped through the hole in the wall made by Qara. Following the trail of destruction her flight had evidently caused, I hastily made my way between countless rows of giant crates to where I found her. Far from being knocked out, I discovered to my surprise that she was in the middle of fighting off several of the warehouse's occupants, specifically the cyclops, the blue-haired... thing... and some person in black armor with a weapon that looked like the same sort of half-revolver, half-rapier as the Myrtenaster from RWBY. Locking one of her scythes with this aforementioned weapon, Qara abruptly folded it back and then opened fire with her concealed SMG at close range, killing its wielder instantly. The cyclops and the blue haired one tried to close in, only for Qara to throw her scythe around the collapsing enemy, hooking the cyclops in the throat, whilst at the same time drawing back her first weapon, pulling on the chain as she sidestepped to avoid a punch from the blue man. To the blue one's surprise, the two bodies tied up in her weapon's chain now collapsed atop him while the chain itself wrapped around him, and while he was busy being tied together with two dead bodies, Qara slit his throat from behind, then ripped forth the second of her scythes as she flash stepped past, evidently dealing an instantaneous flurry of countless strokes to all of them as they did so, and reducing them to a fine red mist even as she caught her two scythes once more.

Needless to say, it was pretty freaking badass.

Rejoining with Qara, I made my way to the back of the warehouse, where I concealed my father in a crate along with my own pistol to replace the golden gun, which had sadly been destroyed in Sicon's attack, so that he'd have a means of defending himself should he wake up. In any case, I had little use for it regardless, as I doubted it would be very effective against Sicon's teleport spamming bullshit attack. And, speaking of Sicon, I realized around that point that all sounds of battle within the warehouse had ceased. For a moment, I was worried Sicon might be preparing to ambush us, but I needn't have been concerned, for then, I realized, that he already had.

This time, we were at least slightly prepared for being showered with blue fire from above. Consequently, Qara and I managed to dodge, only for Sicon to come blurring out of the darkness, aiming straight for me. I raised by hook and deflected the attack, only to be sent flying by its sheer force. This time, though, Sicon wasn't getting away so easily. In the instant our weapons locked, I called out my hook's ignition, causing it to expand vastly in length whilst becoming amorphous in shape, ready to assume whatever form I needed it to. In an instant, I'd wrapped it around the blade of Sicon's sword, and in another, I'd flipped head over heels, coming to a stop on the warehouse floor. Bracing myself, I whipped my hook around, carrying Sicon via his own weapon to slam him into the wall of the building.

Predictably, he landed easily on the vertical surface of the wall, using the impact to wrench his sword free, sheathing it as he did a rail-grind down the edge of my own weapon. I don't know how I could ever possibly have expected anything else.

Just then, however, Qara leaped in, hurling one of her scythes while opening fire with the SMG within the other, forcing Sicon to leap away under a hail of bullets. In the next moment, I'd drawn back my hook and rushed after him. I can't remember much more of the fight very clearly, save for brief flashes of myself and Qara chasing Sicon through the warehouse, attacking him constantly, to no avail. I remember that the battle ended with Sicon momentarily blasting Qara away and then rushing after me, chasing me upward as we leaped up mountains of stacked crates until we finally erupted through the roof. The last thing I recall is a brief flurry of strokes, a momentary gap in Sicon's defenses, and a final lunge with my hook as I extended it one last time, impaling him through the heart. I remember an announcement that the test was over, and that we had passed, but before we could be extracted from the city, I woke up.

As an addendum... yes, this is exactly how most of my dreams go. XD
"The Apocalypse is basically just a tutorial." - Sicon112.

"Due to the ambiguity of this wording, I am unable to determine whether or not I am the leader of the X-Men!"
"UNIVERSE-BREAKING EPILEPSY RAVE!" - AMimsyBorogove
User avatar
AMimsyBorogove
 
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:38 pm

Re: Dream Journal

Postby Scarab on Wed May 01, 2013 4:48 pm

Mimsy, your dreams seem kinda like mine, turned up to eleven :lol:
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron