The General Video Gaming Thread

Anything goes.

The General Video Gaming Thread

Postby Krika on Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:44 pm

Or TGVGT for short. Palindrome acronyms and such.

So, video games. They're fun. I'm currently into actually finishing storylines in Skyrim, and messing around in multiplayer in Mass Effect 3, trying to actually get the equipment and stuff needed to not suck quite as bad. If anyone else has it, I'd love to play matches with you guys, so there can be actual strategy and what-not involved.

Also Minecraft, but you knew that already.
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Re: The General Video Gaming Thread

Postby Victin on Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:24 am

This game had to look awesome, but this one is even more! :gurt: I can't back them =/ Nor I think I can buy them (even if I could I don't think I'd whom to play with), but they still are awesome and their projects are linked! The good side is that the latter at least will have an online version, though I did want the Tinker pack (though the Valor pack leads to the same point). Seriously. Those games are :gurt: P.S.: I heard Andrew Hussie has something to do with at least one of those games, I didn't understand very well what.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:31 am

Honestly, I'm looking forward to Mario and Luigi: Dream Team. The graphics are impressive, and the idea of taking a deeper look into Luigi's mind intrigues me.
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:38 am

And when Assassin's Creed 4 is finally available on Mac, a whole bunch of people in my school will rejoice.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:59 am

/slightlyofftopic

Hey, you know what is amusing? The first thread ever in offtopic was a video game thread, but it died and someone independently recreated a new one, only for that to die. So when someone wanted to talk about gaming, the revived the first thread again instead of posting on the more recent one. Now, with the addition of this one, we have an entirely new thread. XD
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Guyshane on Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:27 pm

Don't know if any of you are interested in Injustice but if you are: http://gamestopjointheparty.com/?utm_so ... /exclusive
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby Victin on Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:15 pm

Have you heard of the new SimCity? The graphics are awesome! But it's too expensive for me :cry:
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Pixelmage on Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:50 pm

R$140? Fuuuuuu (Yes, Digital Deluxe Edition, of course. Is there any other version? :P (I don't think my puny laptop with Intel Integrated Video Card can run it either)).

Shame, it's one of the games I'd like playing... Also it's on Origin... So... Not-Steam service, makes me a bit skeptical, especially after ME3.
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Victin on Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:54 pm

Pixelmage wrote:R$140? Fuuuuuu (Yes, Digital Deluxe Edition, of course. Is there any other version? :P (I don't think my puny laptop with Intel Integrated Video Card can run it either)).

Shame, it's one of the games I'd like playing... Also it's on Origin... So... Not-Steam service, makes me a bit skeptical, especially after ME3.

ME3?

Also there's the normal version, which is R$100. =/ Not that it is much better.
Victin

Postby Pixelmage on Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:40 pm

Mass Effect 3. It was launched on Origin. There were hiccups. The platform works, but you know how it goes... It's not Steam, and all that talk... It's not a bad thing, but it's a different thing.

And the comment about "other version" was sarcasm, Vic. XD
Last edited by Pixelmage on Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Victin on Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:42 pm

Pixelmage wrote:Mass Effect 3. It was launched on Origin. There were hiccups. The platform works, but you know how it goes... It's not Steam, and all that talk... It's not a bad thing, but it's a different thing.

And the comment about "other version" as sarcasm, Vic. XD

I suspected on the sarcasm part, but it was worthy commenting.
Victin

Postby Victin on Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:03 am

Moar fundraisers. Okay, just one. :P
Victin

Postby Connor Fallon on Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:34 pm

Playing Tomb Raider right now, enjoying it, though it took a while to click for me. Survival is a huge theme of the story and I kept wanting it to be more of a factor in the gameplay.

Also, anyone watch Tropes vs. Women in Video Games? Great video.
Design Lead
@ConnorEFallon
Connor Fallon
Puppetmaster

Postby narrativedilettante on Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:41 pm

Connor Fallon wrote:Also, anyone watch Tropes vs. Women in Video Games? Great video.

Yeah! Tropes vs. Women in Video Games is pretty awesome.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:26 pm

Oh, and, off topic very slightly-

What if we made the ARG into a video game?
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby IslaKariese on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:30 pm

The Wild West Pyro wrote:Oh, and, off topic very slightly-

...*sudden vision of a side-scrolling level where Don Quixote is riding Rainbow Dash*
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:31 pm

IslaKariese wrote:
The Wild West Pyro wrote:Oh, and, off topic very slightly-

...*sudden vision of a side-scrolling level where Don Quixote is riding Rainbow Dash*

...*sudden vision of Adell punching out Cthulhu*
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:19 am

*Sudden vision of a multi-genre escapade with a variety of playable characters ala Lego games*
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:23 am

Genndy Oda C.O.G. wrote:*Sudden vision of a multi-genre escapade with a variety of playable characters ala Lego games*

You start off with us. When you complete the game you get the good fictionals, but not LJS, Moriarty or CTHULHU CAUSE HES TOO OP.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby Victin on Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:49 am

The Wild West Pyro wrote:
Genndy Oda C.O.G. wrote:*Sudden vision of a multi-genre escapade with a variety of playable characters ala Lego games*

You start off with us. When you complete the game you get the good fictionals, but not LJS, Moriarty or CTHULHU CAUSE HES TOO OP.

:| Adell wins over Ctulthu
Victin

Postby narrativedilettante on Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:16 am

Oh, you should be able to play as LJS and Moriarty, too. They would unlock things that nobody else can! (This happens in the LEGO games with villains.)

Cthulhu, however, would probably be unworkable as a playable character.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:16 am

Victin wrote:

:| Adell wins over Ctulthu

Although the last level is modified to show all the good fictionals and all the metaguards helping Adell, Gurt and the rest, and the 3 remaining members of the Cabal send Cthulhu back to where he belongs...on Ry'leth, Cthlhu's home.

The level before that is basically you playing as Adell and punching out Cthulhu in the forest/wood/park where that video took place.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:17 am

narrativedilettante wrote:

Oh, you should be able to play as LJS and Moriarty, too. They would unlock things that nobody else can! (This happens in the LEGO games with villains.)

Cthulhu, however, would probably be unworkable as a playable character.

Yep.

LJS could use a sword, while Moriarty can use his cane to CRUSH SKULLS.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby Krika on Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:02 pm

So I can actually livestream stuff from my computer. Which makes for interesting future endeavors.
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Postby S_o_S on Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:12 pm

So I've finally started to play Portal 2, and it may be one of the best game worlds I've ever played. It's just so detailed, and the dev team at Valve seem to have literally thought of everything. It's hilarious, clever and brilliant. Currently at chapter six, going to steamroll the rest of the game together.
Not a distress call. Honest.
S_o_S

Next

Return to Off Topic