The General Video Gaming Thread

Anything goes.

Re: The General Video Gaming Thread

Postby IslaKariese on Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:04 am

Goddamn. Looks like you play as a classy Phantom Thief working in a four-man team (which includes a Teddy-like cat character who can turn into an actual cat - handy). Igor's in this one again (voice acting notwithstanding) and his assistants are a pair of twin children who I get creepy vibes from despite only seeing them for a second and a half. Also that half-mask makes me think of Philemon, though we haven't seen him in a while.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby JRPictures on Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:44 am

Yet another reminder I need to get into the Persona series one of these days.

Music's really groovy though. Not gonna lie
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby Pixelmage on Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:14 am

IslaKariese wrote:Also that half-mask makes me think of Philemon, though we haven't seen him in a while.

Considering the lore-locked reasons for why people awaken their Personae, and the fact that there's not a single Evoker in sight, we might be seeing Philemon again in 5. Igor may be the contract keeper, but he doesn't actually bestow any powers upon anyone, ever.
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Guyshane on Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:35 am

Yeah but on the other hand they might just go the Persona 4 route and have something else awaken it. Then again I guess even there they implied Philemon had visited Yu at some point prior to the game hadn't they?
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby Blurred_9L on Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:40 am

Pixelmage wrote:Considering the lore-locked reasons for why people awaken their Personae, and the fact that there's not a single Evoker in sight, we might be seeing Philemon again in 5. Igor may be the contract keeper, but he doesn't actually bestow any powers upon anyone, ever.

There was a rumor around that said that they might be transforming into their persona, but I have no proof of that .-.

I'm actually surprised they're not using Philemon again, considering the japanese VA for Igor passed out. I guess they found someone else to take the role then :P
Why should we do the right thing?
-Well... because it's the right thing to do, there's no other good reason.

Am I a bad guy trying to be good, or a good guy trying to convince himself that he's not the bad guy?
Blurred_9L

Postby IslaKariese on Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:34 pm

Blurred_9L wrote:
Pixelmage wrote:Considering the lore-locked reasons for why people awaken their Personae, and the fact that there's not a single Evoker in sight, we might be seeing Philemon again in 5. Igor may be the contract keeper, but he doesn't actually bestow any powers upon anyone, ever.

There was a rumor around that said that they might be transforming into their persona, but I have no proof of that .-.

I'm actually surprised they're not using Philemon again, considering the japanese VA for Igor passed out. I guess they found someone else to take the role then :P

I didn't hear the rumor, but the way the main character seemed to catch fire at the end brought that theory to mind. And Philemon was said to be present as the blue butterflies in 3 and 4, so he's either gonna be here in person or in spirit. I'd prefer the former, I think.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Anura on Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:35 am

If Philemon is coming back, Nyarlathotep probably will as well. Although he might not fit the game's themes...
Anura

Postby Guyshane on Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:37 am

And according to Tv tropes the initial persona for the Protagonist is...Arnes

Naturally :lol:
Guyshane

Postby IslaKariese on Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:20 pm

Guyshane wrote:And according to Tv tropes the initial persona for the Protagonist is...Arsene.

Naturally :lol:

Fix'd, cause I was looking up Arnes and got a Warehouse and Party Store, as well as the Academic Research Network of Slovenia. :?

But yes, having an infamous thief as the Persona of an infamous thief is quite poetic. Obvious, but poetic. :lol:
IslaKariese

Postby Guyshane on Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:10 pm

Whoops, my bad.
Guyshane

Postby IslaKariese on Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:29 pm

Random thought, but if they don't have something like "The Theft of Everyone's Souls" as a title for one of the songs in the new soundtrack, I'm gonna be terribly disappointed.
IslaKariese

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:22 pm

So the demo for Five Nights At Freddy's 3 is here.

Reddit has exploded, and so has Steam Greenlight (although that's where the Vocal Minority of kids hang out, so don't go there too much unless you want a good laugh.)

AND OH GOD IT'S ACTUALLY REALLY SCARY AND HORRIFYING AND OH GOD OH GOD OH GOOOOOOOOOOOOD-

Update: It's actually out. Good ol' Scott!
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby IslaKariese on Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:19 pm

Wait, the game itself is out? What's with this dude and churning out his games faster than it takes fans to properly speculate about them?
IslaKariese

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:45 pm

IslaKariese wrote:Wait, the game itself is out? What's with this dude and churning out his games faster than it takes fans to properly speculate about them?

Yeah, it's out.

I guess he didn't want people to wait until October then.

I'm also impressed on how the backstory was sort of tied up.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/354140/
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby IslaKariese on Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:16 am

...I don't know whether it was utterly genius or completely insane for folks to make Fazbear's into a haunted attraction. No wait, I know: it would be genius if something wasn't actually trying to kill you.
IslaKariese

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:23 am

AND GOOD GOD IS IT CREEPY AS FUCK.

Especially when you get that screen which shows you WHAT'S INSIDE THE SUIT. AAAAAAAAAAARGH!
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby IslaKariese on Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:25 am

I've been watching poor Markiplier's playthrough of the cursed thing. I'm still not at all certain what the mechanics are supposed to be, but Phone Guy had been working at that place too damn long if he can be that blase about the springtrap suits. Where the hell was OSHA during all this!?
IslaKariese

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:53 am

OSHA is run by Fazbear Entertainment, I guess.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby IslaKariese on Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:03 pm

Also, I'm not really sure how you get the good ending. I know that Happiest Day has something to do with it but not how you get anything other than the kid crying alone...
IslaKariese

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:04 pm

The crying kid? That's the reflection of the Marionette, the first kid killed.

If you complete all the minigames, you'll get the true good ending and have those tortured kids move on to the afterlife, while Springtrap attempts to troll your ass off because you're his scapegoat now and he hates you.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby IslaKariese on Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:26 pm

The Wild West Pyro wrote:The crying kid? That's the reflection of the Marionette, the first kid killed.

If you complete all the minigames, you'll get the true good ending and have those tortured kids move on to the afterlife, while Springtrap attempts to troll your ass off because you're his scapegoat now and he hates you.

I thought the crying kid was Golden Freddie? Granted, I don't know where the bleeding hell Marionette came from, but in the completed version of Happiest Day, the kid crying in the back leaves behind a Golden Freddie head while you actually play as Marionette.

And I just saw a tutorial for the good ending. Man, that is one of the most convoluted set of steps I've ever seen. That's counter-intuitive as all hell.
IslaKariese

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:01 am

IslaKariese wrote:
The Wild West Pyro wrote:The crying kid? That's the reflection of the Marionette, the first kid killed.

I thought the crying kid was Golden Freddie? Granted, I don't know where the bleeding hell Marionette came from, but in the completed version of Happiest Day, the kid crying in the back leaves behind a Golden Freddie head while you actually play as Marionette.

And I just saw a tutorial for the good ending. Man, that is one of the most convoluted set of steps I've ever seen. That's counter-intuitive as all hell.

Also, they brightened the good ending newspaper.

And found something.

Two words: OH SHIT!
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby IslaKariese on Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:21 am

Really? What could they possibly find? Where is it?
IslaKariese

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:26 pm

Just check what's behind the little Freddy bobblehead in a brightened version.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby IslaKariese on Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:54 pm

Has anyone here played Transistor? I need someone to gush about it with.
IslaKariese

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic