The General Video Gaming Thread

Anything goes.

Re: The General Video Gaming Thread

Postby JackAlsworth on Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:14 pm

*waves hand frantically*
JackAlsworth

Postby Endless Sea on Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:33 pm

I has a Dead Space 2 now thanks to Pixel. :D Also, apparently Twitch can stream Crazy PVP, so I'm gonna see if I can bug Sicon to help with that.
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby Scarab on Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:20 pm

IslaKariese wrote:Has anyone here played Transistor? I need someone to gush about it with.

JackAlsworth wrote:*waves hand frantically*

Have we already gushed about this, or was it just Toh I gushed with frantically about how amazing Transistor is?
Supergiant Games are geniuses.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Tohrinha on Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:11 pm

IslaKariese wrote:Has anyone here played Transistor? I need someone to gush about it with.

Scarab wrote:Supergiant Games are geniuses.

Yessss.
Tohrinha
Meta-Knight

Postby narrativedilettante on Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:09 pm

I just got Sunless Sea. I may wait to play it until Monday though, because of reasons.

At first I thought it was Steam-only but it turns out Humble Bundle has a drm-free version as well! :D
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby IslaKariese on Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:16 pm

Even after I half-spoiled/half-logicked the ending for myself, just watching it and listening to the song at the end had me in a wreck! Gaargh! *Devolves into a fangirlish mess* I keep singing it over and over and I'm just mph

But seriously, I love the plot, I love the characters, I hate how short it is, and I hate/love that we never really get a name for Mr. Nobody cause it feels like both a mystery (which I love) and a cop-out (which I loathe with a passion).

What other Supergiant games do I need to go and break my heart over?
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Pixelmage on Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:27 pm

IslaKariese wrote:What other Supergiant games do I need to go and break my heart over?

Bastion. If you haven't checked that one out already. ^_^
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby IslaKariese on Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:45 pm

Pixelmage wrote:
IslaKariese wrote:What other Supergiant games do I need to go and break my heart over?

I know about Bastion (a bit) and that Transistor's a Spiritual Successor, but that's it. Is it long?
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Lordxana0 on Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:03 am

IslaKariese wrote:
Pixelmage wrote:

I know about Bastion (a bit) and that Transistor's a Spiritual Successor, but that's it. Is it long?

Depends on how you play, if you tackle the bonus dungeons and stuff it will take longer, but if you just brute force through I say it will take maybe a sit down or two.
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:50 pm

Scott Cawthon seems to have gotten rather excited AND HE'S RELEASED A TEASER FOR FNAF 4 SO HOPEFULLY THIS WILL TIE UP LOOSE ENDS AND SCARE ME SHITLESS AT THE SAME TIME AND WHAT THE HELL IS THAT IN THE TEASER IT'S DISGUSTING OH GOD KILL IT KILL IT-

Fortunately, it's on Halloween. Also, I've posted the image link.

IT'S DISGUSTING.

http://i.imgur.com/YiAna9L.jpg
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby IslaKariese on Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:24 am

The last thing Freddy ever needed was multiple sets of sharp teeth. Fuck.
IslaKariese

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:40 am

IslaKariese wrote:The last thing Freddy ever needed was multiple sets of sharp teeth. Fuck.

THE HEADS. OH GOD THE FUCKING HEADS. The screws are fine, BUT THIS IS JUST NAUSEA FUEL PERSONIFIED FOR INDIE GAMES IN GENERAL.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Victin on Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:03 pm

Dota 6.84 is here, people! I'm so excited after reading the changelog! :D My first balance update ever since I started playing Dota 2! And it didn't seem to have nerfed the heroes I'm good as. In fact, if anything I think they have been buffed :D I probably need to see what more experienced players have to say on the matter, though, but I'm just so excited! :D
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:43 am

For all people who have played Borderlands 2:

After running several glorious legendary drop rate experiments, Gearbox decided to up it by 3x the rates.

This resulted in getting my first Conference Call as Axton in NVHM, and finally getting a Lyuda as Zero in TVHM, which, as I found out, pwns Buzzards.

I also encountered a Loot Midget Nomad that nearly killed me. Luckily, he dropped lots of health. And I could restock my ammo. Sawtooth Cauldron is a pretty tough level despite being fun, and I was satisfied that I struggled up the infamous hill with no deaths.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby Anura on Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:17 am

E3 soon, and Square Enix released this hype video.

Nothing I didn't already know, I'm hyped enough for Heavensward as it is (you guys should play FF14, it's really really good), but then that song...

Could it be?
Anura

Postby Pixelmage on Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:53 pm

Well, as things are with remakes currently I'd be surprised if they announced something actually new. xD

As far as remakes go, though, I'd like to see a rebuild of Final Fantasy VI. Not a port of the same SNES code with new dungeons that are just a RandomAll() function of the stuff that's already in. But a real remaking of the game, with a new engine that lets us play the different characters as really different the way they're intended to be. Think Type-0 instead old boring timed menu combat.

Another Nice thing that would be fun to see would be Triple Triad as its own game (probably F2P Digital CCG, to follow the hype trail of Hearthstone). Though I don't particularly believe SE to make it fair and enjoyable as it's own thing.
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby RotavatoR on Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:35 pm

I have some guesses/hopes as to what could be behind those black bars, and you can probably guess...

Luckily I won't have to wait that much longer.
RotavatoR

Postby Blurred_9L on Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:50 pm

Anura wrote:E3 soon, and Square Enix released this hype video.

Nothing I didn't already know, I'm hyped enough for Heavensward as it is (you guys should play FF14, it's really really good), but then that song...

Could it be?

Are you talking about something Chrono Trigger related?
Why should we do the right thing?
-Well... because it's the right thing to do, there's no other good reason.

Am I a bad guy trying to be good, or a good guy trying to convince himself that he's not the bad guy?
Blurred_9L

Postby Anura on Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:29 pm

E3's off to a strong start with Bethesda's showing. The new Doom goes back to the series roots, throwing off all horror pretences and just giving the runny-shooty-jumpy-blood-and-gutsy-chainsaws-and-shotguns-wahey! Not to mention the capability for in-depth custom multiplayer map design built into the base game.

As for Fallout 4... I've never played a Fallout game, but I might actually get this one. In other news, Fallout Shelter was announced for iOS, and released mere minutes later. You can go play it right now.

Aaaaaaaaaand they're jumping on the Hearthstone bandwagon and making an Elder Scrolls digital card game. Mixed feelings about that one. Disappointed there's no ES6.
Anura

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:51 am

I've been following the Halo 5 ARG for a while now, and with the final episode, I can say that it's been one hell of a ride, and 343 has done an excellent job. My best friend's also given be a good introduction to the Halo 'verse, too.

Also, I'm in the process of reading 1984, and, well, ONI's pretty damn similar to The Ministry Of Truth.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby Anura on Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:36 pm

Semi-credible sources are a-rumblin' about an FF7 remake. I'm not going to believe it until SE says it themselves, but still...
Anura

Postby Pixelmage on Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:45 pm

Anura wrote:Semi-credible sources are a-rumblin' about an FF7 remake. I'm not going to believe it until SE says it themselves, but still...

*sigh*

Enough of 7 already. u_u Seriously. Where is my FF6? Full HD Japanase VA Celes' Opera House scene, please. Oh yeah, and suplex-able trains, but that's a minor detail.

Also world map flying with Esper Terra. *-*

And and and waaaait... Oh... Guess he's not a waiter, uh?
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Anura on Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:13 pm

The Last Guardian. 2016.

Who even cares about Fallout 4 anymore. Sony wins E3 with it's first game.
Anura

Postby Anura on Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:50 pm

FF7 remake confirmed.

It's actually happened.
Anura

Postby Endless Sea on Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:39 am

I didn't understand why everyone was so excited about Bethesda stuff yesterday. I can totally understand why they're excited today. :D

...er, wait, that'd be two days ago and yesterday, now. :|
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic