Angel Slayer Lordxana Story Collection

Anything goes.

Angel Slayer Lordxana Story Collection

Postby Lordxana0 on Wed May 15, 2013 12:49 am

It has been forty years since the Imperial World Church took control of the world. Lead by he who was declared as the mouth of heaven Caleb Samer and his army of angels. Within five years he took control of the entire world and put it under his rule. For the last forty years he has kept the world in a state of repression, only giving those he deemed blessed any privileges and forcing the common man to work like dogs less they be thrown into prisons or killed. The world lives in a constant state of fear of the Church's power. But as with all things there is hope.

Dorian Kiom was having a rather good day. The Church had requested his district of the Grand Imperial City hold a mass service today in order to remind the people exactly why they bowed down to the Church. He had his best people working on this, security was tighter then his own wallet and it appeared that nothing could possibly go wrong.

The final civilian group was brought toward the rest of the bundled masses by a group of Cherubs, lower class angels who liked like men with large white wings who wore iron masks over their faces and carried either dual swords or a long rifle on their backs. They were low class in the scheme of things but they made excellent security when directed by his officers. Dorian looked forward as the preacher took the stage that had been set up for him and the gumbo trons attached to the buildings behind him began to run messages like "Obedience or Death." or "The Church is Law". He opened his book and was about to speak before something odd happened. Music began to play from the speakers of the two massive t.v.'s. Not Chruch regulated music either, some sort of prewar band. If he remembered correctly from the Church's blackbook they were called The Insects... no the Beatles, and the gumbo trons seemed to be playing various selections from their greatest hits. Not only that but various anti-Church messages began to scroll on them. 'Think for yourself' and 'Their Words are lies'. Dorian raised his communications device to his mouth. "Who the hell is in control of the jumbo trons?" he barked out.

One of his assistants answered. "Um... I think it was Wilkes but his name isn't there anymore sir... it just says 'Cerberus'"

Dorian felt his blood turn to ice as he realized exactly what that meant. He dropped the walkie talkie and pulled out a phone to put a call in to main command. "This is Blessed One Dorian Kiom calling in to high command"

"You are speaking to the voice of the Choir, he who is in command of the spirit of the Archangel Gabriel, what can I do for you Kiom" the voice on the other end of the line was cold and dry, without any inflection to it what so ever.

"Praise be high one, the rally in sector H4 has been interrupted by a member of the Demon Rebellion, it appears he was posing as a member of my staff, I need back up if any can be sent." he spoke his words carefully, knowing exactly what sort of punishment he might receive for allowing such a blunder to happen.

"Are you saying that a member of your staff is a rebel and he slipped under your nose?" the man on the other ends voice suddenly gained a harsh tone to it. "I am sure you know such things do not happen without punishment, remember that. Now I can't send you many forces, the bulk of our armies are attacking a Rebellion base, I can only spare one minor choir of Cherubs and a low rank Seraphim"

Dorian bit back a curse. Even with his own forces he was confident in fighting a devil infused with such a small force, but he would take what he would get. "Thank you my lord, may the Church forever stand"

"Indeed" the line went dead and as it did sixteen bright beams of light shot down from the sky, and where they landed figures stepped out. Fifteen Cherubs, much like the ones in his own employ and one figure that stood a bit taller then the rest. He was dressed in heavy armor and his wings where easily double the size of the others. He wore a massive broadsword on his back between them.

Dorian motioned for them to follow him and closed his eyes for a moment. He had been blessed by ranking in the Church to receive a contract with a Mid-ranking Seraphim by the name of Vascal, who was also known as the title 'Jubilant Noise'. When he opened his eyes an almost invisible white wing made of angelic energy was coming off his back and in his right hand he held a spear that crackled with electricity. He pushed open the door to the building where the control room was and made his way up to it with his small forces. The room sat on the twentieth floor and when they reached it he had two of the Cherubs holding rifles blast it open.

Inside of the room sat a figure typing away at a computer console, undoubtedly controlling the messages flashing across the screen and the music playing through the speakers. "Gotta love the classics don't you think?" the man spun around in his chair to look at small force of angels and their leader. "Sup boss, guess it is too late to ask for my last paycheck huh?" he gave them a shit eating grin and picked up a pistol from the desk and aimed it at them.

Ten of the angels entered the room and leveled their rifles at the man, the rest of them where in the hallways awaiting orders from Dorian. "Jonathan Alan Wilkes, I had such high hopes for you, tell me, why would you deny the church and join the rebellion?"

He laughed. "Oh I don't know, you guys don't pay me shit for shat, the benefits suck, the hours are horrible, and oh yeah" he glared directly at Dorian. "The Church controls the world under a tyrannical boot and kills anyone who disagrees with them even a little bit, all good reasons don't you think?"

Dorian sighed. "Any last words?" he asked looking at the seated man.

"Yeah, four words actually" Multiple gun shots rang through the hallway and the Cherubs standing outside where suddenly filled with holes and bleeding golden ichor onto the ground. Jonathan leapt up from the chair and opened fire on the Cherubs, cutting them down with well placed shots to the throat before aiming at Dorian's head. "Fuck you I quit" he pulled the trigger but the Seraphim slashed down with his sword and blocked the bullet. "Oh big guy" he dodged past the next swing and got out into the hallway. "Can't catch me, mep mep" he took off down it and the Seraphim followed with impressive speed. As soon as he entered the hallway through he was caught in the crossfire of a shotgun and a uzi, both being fired from... two identical clones of Jonathan.

"What sort of witchcraft is this?" the Seraphim growled out. He raised the hand not wielding his mighty blade to the side and sent a beam of holy energy at the clone with the shotgun. As soon as it was hit it disappeared into nothing but smoke. The other one followed suit when hit by the massive angels blade. "You can not escape your fate sinner!"

Jonathan smiled and laughed. "No shit, release limit level one" the mans body was suddenly covered in a dark black trench coat and a pair of sunglasses that covered his face.

"Do you think that will protect you?" the angel asked in a booming voice.

"Naw, but I figure this will" the man reached a hand into his coat and pulled... a rocket launcher. He put it over his shoulder and grinned. "Bye bye" he fired the rocket at the angel who slashed it in half as it reached him. Of course that only caused it to explode a bit more in front of him and sent him flying back. The windows shattered from the force of the explosions and Jonathan took the chance to jump out of in and run down the building. "Bet you can't follow me!" he called up.

The angel shook itself off and Dorian pointed. "After him damn you!" the Seraphim nodded and jumped out the window, spreading its wings and dive bombing the running man.

Johnathan turned around and pulled two automatic rifles from his coat and opened fire while running down the building. "Aw you miss me boo?" the bullets pounded against the angels armor but didn't seem to do much else.

"Die for your sins!" the angel slashed down at him and Johnatan jumped off of the building, hanging for a few moments in the air.

"Doesn't sound very attractive, release level two" a black flame surrounded the man and moved down to the ground, right behind a group of Cherubs, who very wisely aimed their guns at it. As they where about to open fire a blade slashed out from the flames and liberated their torso's from their lower bodies in one slash. Out from the flames walked Johnatan wearing dark black and red armor from his neck down. The shoulder plates seemed to be fashioned in twin wolf heads and in his hand he held a long blade with the barrel of a gun running along the back of it. "I am the one contracted to the demon Cerberus, he who guards the gates of the abyss"

The Seraphim dive bombed him again but his blade was easily deflected by the now armored man. "You angels really piss me off you know" he knocked aside the blade and aimed the blade at him. "Direct shot" the gun barrel attached to the blade glowed red for a moment before firing a massive beam of energy at the angel, completely destroying him and a large section of a building behind it.

The sound of clapped came from his left side and he turned to see his former boss making his way toward him. "Impressive, but lets see how you do against a true soldier of the Church" one second he was a good bit away from Johnatan and the next he was right in front of him, sending a stab with his spear.

"True soldier my ass" Johnatan deflected the spear head with his blade, but the moment they connected a massive jolt ran through his body. "Gah" he jumped back to give his body time to come back under his control.

"Die Heretic" a second energy wing appeared on Dorians back and he raised a finger at him, releasing a massive burst of angelic energy at Johnatan. Luckily he regained control of his body at the last moment and held up his blade, deflecting the energy in two streams away from him.

"Not today assface" he stood up and leveled his blade at the man. "Lets test which is stronger, your finger blade or my Cerberus Howl" the energy began to gather in front of the gun barrel again.

"The strength of the Church is unmatched!" Dorian aimed the spear at the man and the tip of it glowed with bright white energy.

The two men fired their beams at each other and they met in mid air. At first it seemed neither one had any sort of advantage. But slowly the red energy overtook the white, and the winged man was knocked back onto the ground coughing up blood.

"How dare you" he pushed himself to his feet and struck the ground with his spear. The world began to shake and a hole appeared in the sky. Down from the hole descended a massive statue like creature. It stood at tall at the skyscrapers and had a face on its stomach that wore a massive grin on it. Its head was without any features and in its hand it held two massive blades. "Now you will so the true might of the Church, kill him Vascal!" the mouth on the creatures stomach opened and fired out a ray of blue energy at Johnatan, consuming him within its light.

When the smoke cleared Johnatan stood with a small smile, the ground beneath his feet glowing a dark black with a red pentagram inside of it. "Two can play that game, arise Cerberus!" From the shadows a massive figure arose. It stood about half the size of the other creature and on all fours. It had three heads whose eyes glowed red and mouths filled with row upon row of sharp teeth. All three heads gave out a mighty roar and the beast jumped for the massive statue like angel and knocked it to the ground and began to attack it with vigor.

Johnatan smiled at the sight until he remembered he had one more annoyance to deal with. This annoyance made itself known with a lunging thrust which he quickly dodged away from. "You know what your problem is?" he dodged more of the attacks, not bothering to do any of his own when he would just get shocked for the trouble. "Your view is too narrow, all you think about is you and no one else, you fight for your own position and comfort, it is really quite pathetic"

The man growled and blood began to pool in his mouth. With every attack from the giant three headed beast on the angel he grew weaker. His connection to the angel was both his greatest weakness and strength. His movements became slow and clumsy, until he finally sent a stab that was to off target to actually hit Johnatan.

"I fight to protect others, and that is why I will always beat you and your kind" with one slash he broke the spear and with a second he ended the life of Dorian Kiom.

Cerberus let loose a massive howl and jumped back, letting loose three beams of black energy into the body of the fallen statue creature, turning it to dust. The beast let loose a victory howl and disappeared, fading back into shadows.

Johnatan looked toward the people. "Remember today, and always know that the Church will one day fall, they are not invisible and they will be defeated" he raised his hand and the people cheered. Knowing all his objectives had been completed he opened a gate that would take him back to the rebellions true base and not the one Church forces had converged on to provide him with a distraction. During his time with the Dorian he had subtly infected thousands of security systems with a deep rooted virus that would be impossible to track. Things had worked out in his favor, and his success would further the goals of the rebellions. And after five months he was finally going home. He stepped through the gate and disappeared.
Last edited by Lordxana0 on Fri May 24, 2013 1:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Angel Slayer Eli

Postby Lordxana0 on Wed May 22, 2013 6:17 pm

Abandoned City 1400 miles from Grand Capital

The sound of gunfire rang through the streets as a group of fifty men tried to hold back an advancing squad of angels who marched down the street, guns at the ready to kill them. There had previously been more, an entire squad of one hundred soldiers, but as soon as the angel’s squad leader had summoned two Seraphim to the battle it had turned into a slaughter. Now they were missing half of their forces and running low on ammo. If they couldn’t hold the northern front then the enemy soldiers would march straight to the heart of the city and discover the false base they had made. And if their ruse was discovered to early the sleeper agent in the Church’s capital wouldn’t have time to plant the virus, making the sacrifice of the fifty men and women of the squad pointless.

One of the men ducked behind an upturned van and pulled out a radio and tuned it to go to command. “Legion this is the Northern front do you read me?” the man yelled into it and took potshots from behind the car on the advancing line of angels.

A voice from the other end of the line answered. “This is Legion, what’s going on?” the other voice sounded calm and controlled, a stark contrast to the soldier panicking voice.

“We have two bloody Seraphim and about sixty Cherubs, not to mention what I think is a high battle priest. We need assistance as soon as possible, over half of our forces have been wiped out already” the man went to take another shot but his gun rang empty. With a curse he put it away and drew his knife, knowing that if it did come to up close combat he was dead anyway but not wanting to give them the satisfaction of taking him out easily.

The voice on the other line stayed silent for a moment before replying. “Send everyone into full retreat toward the Eastern stations forces, I am sending someone to take over.”

“Yes sir” he put up the radio and turned toward the remaining soldiers. “We are pulling back to the Eastern front, come on people move move!” the soldiers began to move back, those that had ammo left doing their best to provide covering fire. “Whoever he sends in I hope they can handle it”
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Two figures stood in what looked to be the aftermath of a rather large battle. One of the figures was a man who wore a blood red cloak around his body and under that a set of black combat armor and had a massive war hammer over his shoulders. The other figure was a bit more feminine, and she wore a tattered midnight black robe with a hood pulled over her face and a rapier stained with bright white fluid.

“You know what I hate most about angels?” the man asked with a grimace.

“Their bodies disappear without giving you time to admire how awesome you are with a hammer?” the girl asked with a hint of humor in an otherwise dry voice.

“Pretty much, I mean what is the point of swinging around a massive war hammer if you don’t get to see the bad guys all beaten up and stuff afterward, it is just sad is what it is” the man gave her a lopsided grin and looked around for any remaining enemies.

The girl was doing the same before Fly Me to the Moon began to play from her communicator. She put a hand to her ear and tapped the answer device. “What’s up Legion, we just cleared out the angel group and are about to move back to the Southern front.”

“Going to have to put a hold on that for now, you are needed in the Northern front; they are getting hit hard by an enemy Battle Priest.”

The woman cursed. “Do we have any idea who he might be?”

The voice on the other end hesitated for a moment before replying. “Clareborn, commonly known as the Witch Hunter.”

The woman’s blood turned to ice as she heard the name. “Understood, I will move to assist the Northern line and send Abandon to assist the Southern line.”

“Reaper… Eli are you really sure about this?” Legion asked.

“Yes Legion, I am not a child and know what I can handle, Reaper out.” She terminated the call and moved her sword into its
sheath under her robe. “Abandon I am…”

The man turned and smiled. “I’m not deaf you know, go on, give that bastard the ass kicking of a life time, and stay safe, when we get back I want to too hear all about how you finally ended that prick” the man turned and made his way to the Southern front at a fast pace.

The woman nodded and snapped her fingers. From the ground rose a mass of shadows which took on the form of a massive horse. She jumped on it and grabbed the reigns, willing it forward and toward the Northern battlefield.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Today had been a good day for Clareborn; his forces had almost easily broken through the enemy’s almost pathetic Northern front and quickly sliced the number of enemy soldiers in this position in half. It was all they could do to flee his forces. He stretched out his hand from the throne he sat on, which was carried by four of the minor Cherubs under his command. His own personal servant angel handed him a glass of rum, which he slowly drank back. Those who did not take time to enjoy the simple pleasures out of life were truly dead inside. And no pleasure was simpler then enjoying a fine shot of rum as you watched an enemy’s army crushed before your own.

The angels moved forward, doing their best to chase after the enemy soldiers as they tried to make their escape. The remaining soldiers fired their weapons to hold the enemy back, but killing an angel with modern day weapons was not an easy task. All seemed to be going quite well until suddenly an advancing force of ten angels were knocked back toward the rest of the group that surrounded Clareborn. He looked around for the cause until his eyes managed to focus on a figure in the distance. It appeared to be a woman in rather ragged attire riding atop of stead born of blackest shadows. His hand turned into a fist and shattered the glass he held in his hand when he realized what exactly was coming toward him. “Witch” he spat the word from his mouth and pointed at her, barking an order for one of the Seraphim under his command to destroy her.

The massive angel nodded and drew its twin blades and charged at the woman in a speed that seemed impossible with the heavy armor that adorned its body. The woman slowly came to a standing position from atop her horse and from the inside of her robe drew out a rapier whose metal seemed to mirror the outfit she wore around her. It was dark black, except for a few spots of white which showed her early kills. The Seraphim leapt to meet her and their blades clashed, the force of it knocked her off of the horse, sending both her and the angel to the ground locked in one on one combat. The horse continued forward, causing a group of the angels around him to begin to open fire with their rifles. The shots hit the horse but didn’t stop it from charging toward them. When it reached their main line it exploded in a massive burst of dark energy, which managed to kill five of Clareborn’s angels.

“Clareborn!” the woman yelled as she effortlessly kept up with the Seraphim’s twin blades. “I have come here to destroy you for the evil you have brought over this world” She dodged another strike and kicked at the creature’s leg, a clear breaking noise ringing forth from it. The creature fell to one knee and the woman sank her blade quickly between the cracks of its armor, running the creature through before pulling and with a single slash cut through the Seraphim’s neck, separating its head from its body and causing it to fade away into nothingness, the only sign of its existence the bright white blood on the woman’s rapier.

The man clapped mockingly. “Cute, kill her” he waved his hand and the second Seraphim lifted a massive gun from its back. The
rest of the angels also took aim and as a single unit fired at the girl’s position, flashing the entire area white for a few moments before Clareborn waved his hand for them to stop. When the dust cleared all that remained of the girl was the robe. “Where did she” his eyes quickly flashed upward and he quickly summoned his weapon, a massive claymore, to his hands before the girl came down from the sky with a powerful stab. He shoved her back and she jumped back, just in front of his forces.

The woman was dressed in a black body armor that covered her entire figure. Her sheath had been left along with her robe, leaving no extra weight to tie down her movements. “So you going to surrender?” she asked with a mocking smile.
Clareborn stood from his throne and stepped down, allowing the four Cherubs that had been carting him around to pull their weapons and join their brothers. “Do you think that by yourself you are any match for me girl, I single handily wiped all of the covens from the fact of the Earth, and you think that by yourself you can even lay a hand on me, I would laugh if it weren’t so pathetic”

The woman for her part didn’t reply to the man’s laughter and simply raised the hand not wielding the blade into the air. “Those who have fallen rise once more to take revenge on those who have wronged you” for a moment nothing seemed to happen.
But then the bodies on the ground began to slowly rise up, their weapons still held in their hands. No matter what injury had killed them before they still rose, even when they were missing limbs or had their torsos blown open by the angel’s rifles. Along with the soldiers rose the bodies of those who had died in the city when the angels had initially destroyed it, some were little more than skeletons crawling out of buildings and from under rubble. “See what happens when you don’t clean up after making a big mess?” the girl grinned cruelly as her zombie forces began to face off against the legions of angels.

The zombies might not have had great knowledge or strength, but they had durability, and it seemed no matter what the angels did they just continue to march forth. If they had guns they would still open fire with them, but if they were without weapons they just clawed and bit the angels, dragging them down with sheer numbers. The remaining Seraphim moved to help but the woman ran toward him and threw a ball of dark energy directly into his chest, making a massive hole in the armor for her blade to stab through. The Seraphim turned its armored head toward her and saw the blade now glowed with an unholy energy around it, which burned away the body of the angel into nothingness.

She quickly turned and blocked a massive slash from behind by Clareborn, whose eyes burned with hatred so potent it almost seemed like she might catch flame from it. “I will destroy you and finish the mission lord Caleb gave me those many moons ago, the end of the witch’s is today” he took a step back and two massive wings made of pure light came forth from his back. “In the name of the Church I call upon you my angel” the sky glowed white and a massive figure came down from it, crushing a building beneath it. It stood about the height of any of the massive sky scrapers in the city and it appeared almost human like in appearance. It skin was a blue with swirling symbols going along its body that was pained in a pure white. The massive angel had an eagle’s head where a normal human would be and its body was covered in a thin layer of pure white feathers. It held two massive scimitars in either hand. It let out a massive caw and its eyes began to scan the battlefield.

“Oh, I am so scared,” she laughed in his face and held his blade back with her own. “Are you freaking kidding me a giant chicken, all the things you could use and you send a… birdbrain?” she raised her hand and with a thought knocked Clareborn back about twenty feet. She turned brought her blade to her hand, drawing it across the blades edge and allowing her blood to fall freely to the ground. As the blood hit the ground a massive pentagram began to form on the ground, around them. The pentagram was a bright red, the same color as the blood that spilled from her hands and was filled in with pure darkness.

“From the abyss I call he who I have contracted with, the one known as Death, I call thee to this realm!” from the symbol on the ground a massive skeletal arm exploded forth and grabbed the top of a building. And then another. And slowly from the shadows a massive human skeleton pulled itself from the symbol on the ground. When it finally rose to full height it easily dwarfed the angel, standing almost twice as tall as it, blocking out the sun with its massive form. Suddenly the darkness leapt from the ground and covered the creature’s body, wrapping itself in a black robe with the faces of the truly damned moving around it. The creature pulled a shadowy hood over its head and two bright red eyes glowed from under them. The woman raised her hand once more and some of the darkness shot forth from the creature and surrounded her, wrapping her in a smaller version of the massive creature’s cloak.

“I am Elizabeth, also known as Eli, also known as Reaper, also known as the last Witch, also known as the woman who is about to send you screaming to the underworld!” she held out her rapier and it shifted and become a scythe.

“You think your tricks scare me!” Clareborn’s blade burst into white flames and he charged at the girl. “Die witch!”
They began to clash, the girls scythe moving at speeds that were almost blinding, her entire focus was on the man in front of her.
As powerful as the man might have been his speed was badly failing him, allowing her to get many a deep gash on him.

At the same time the angelic monster Clareborn had summoned began its attack on the massive cloaked figure; its blades stabbed and slashed but seemed to do no damage at all. The massive bird headed angel roared out and fired a beam of holy energy directly at the massive figure, which seemed to do little more than anger it. The robed creature moved its arms to the front of the robe and slowly opened it, revealing a massive red eye surrounded by pure darkness which looked directly at the angel. Suddenly from inside its robe shot a mass of chains which quickly wrapped the angel’s arms and legs and began to pull it toward the figure. When it was close enough the figure closed its robe around the angel, but not before a sharp cry rang from its mouth.

Clareborn felt his angel’s destruction and his abilities fell even more then they had previously. At this point Eli was just screwing with him. With one slash she knocked the sword from his hand and with another she cut both his knee’s sending him to the ground. She walked behind him and moved the scythe under his neck. “Final words monster?” she growled in an almost inhuman voice.

“Burn in hell” the man spat.

Eli brought her boot down on the back of the man’s neck and at the same time drew the scythe up. When both book and blade met the man’s head rolled from his body, signifying his end. “Vengeance” she stepped back and observed the battlefield. The last angel had fallen before the hoard of the undead and the massive creature she had summoned stood high above her, observing her. She let her powers close themselves and felt the effort all of her actions had taken and fell to a knee breathing heavily. The undead creatures fell over and the massive robed beast simply faded into nothingness. She brought her hand up to her communicator and taped it, opening the line to Legion. “Northern front all clear in my area, going to catch my breath and move to assist the Western front” she closed the channel before Legion could respond and collapsed on the ground, exhausted from the fight. “Mom…Dad… I… I avenged you…” she closed her eyes with a happy smile and allowed her body to relax.
Last edited by Lordxana0 on Fri May 24, 2013 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lordxana0

Re: Angel Slayer Welcome Back Story for BlackWolfe

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Thu May 23, 2013 12:51 am

I can haz mine next?
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby RotavatoR on Thu May 23, 2013 10:59 am

The Wild West Pyro wrote:I can haz mine next?

Only if you leave for a couple of months :P
(Seriously that seems to be the requirement...
RotavatoR

Postby IslaKariese on Thu May 23, 2013 6:13 pm

Well, I'm pretty sure none of us want to do that voluntarily...
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Guyshane on Thu May 23, 2013 6:21 pm

Not actually how that works from what Xana said in the chat, especially since he's working on mine right now and I have no intention of disappearing for several months (although next week will be hectic)
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby Lordxana0 on Thu May 23, 2013 6:44 pm

To remove any confusion on the Angel Slayer stories. They are created as I feel like creating them. The people for whom I create them are chosen from random and done on whims. I did one for Blackwolfe as a welcome back gift, but as you know eli has never disappeared and I have done a story for her.
Lordxana0

Re: Angel Slayer Story Collection

Postby Lordxana0 on Fri May 24, 2013 2:48 am

Shane Magnuson really really loved his job. Of course his job consisted of him getting to swing around a massive war hammer and throw blazing hot hellfire at angels. And that was about the best thing he could have ever decided to do with his life. He took a quick moment to look around the battlefield and felt a small sense of pride swell through him. The Church had directed most of its effort toward the Eastern front, and in preparation Legion had moved the largest number of their men to block off the area. The massive numbers of Cherubs and other angelic creatures marching through the streets of the city would have been enough to turn any person’s blood to ice, even someone who had been contracted to a demon. But the men and women of the resistance, through vastly outnumbered, continued to fight against the coming hoards of creatures. Of course it did help that the Church never really grew past the tried and true method of just sending their armies in one massive battle line instead of trying to set up different strategies.

Shane hefted his war hammer over his shoulders. “Well can’t let all these normal people show me up, that would just be plain embarrassing” he charged toward a group of Cherubs and swung wildly with his hammer, sending them flying with the sheer force of his blows. “Come on you winged bastards show me what you got!” he hollered as more of the humanoid creatures came at him. Once he was properly surrounded by Cherubs aiming rifles at him he stopped and looked around. “Oh… bother”

The Cherubs opened fire only for the man to raise a wall of flames around him, which absorbed the energy fired forth from the angel’s guns. “Yeah suppose you could say I am…” the fire exploded outward and turned the Cherubs to ash. “Hot stuff” he laughed and looked around at the dust that surrounded him. “Come on I am throwing my A material out here and I can’t get a single laugh, damn disrespectful is what that is” he made a show of letting out a sigh and began to examine where he would be needed on the battlefield next.

Suddenly a blur seemed to burst forth from the angel’s lines and appear in front of him. He barely had time to react as a fist flew from the figure and caught him right in the stomach with more power then he would have thought possible for one person to punch with. He felt his body lifted off the ground and was sent flying through the air by the force of it, sending him through one of the many abandoned skyscrapers. The blur traveled after him, leaping the distance and appeared over him, only to deliver another powerful blow downward, sending both of them straight toward the ground. When they landed Shane’s body made a rather nice sized crater in the ground. Dust began to fly and the figure looked down at the man with a triumphant smirk.

The figure was that of a woman dressed in the garb of a warrior priestess, a white robe hiding underneath it a chain mail shirt made of the same metal as angel swords. On the back of the words

Obey or Die were pained with red on the robe. She looked down. “I am Miranda Mimas, I am the one contracted to the Seraphim Mombosa, Strong Arm of the Fourth Choir”

The dust finally cleared to reveal Shane, holding back the woman’s fist with his massive war hammer. “Am I supposed to be impressed, because if so I need to put on my impressed face” he pushed her back and she jumped out of the crater, landing on her feet.

“So what should I call you, other than heretic and deadman?” the woman asked, two bright wings made of pure light spreading from her back. Her entire body glowed in a bright white aura.

Shane stood up and brushed himself off. “Throughout the lands I am known as that crazy bastard with the hammer and the ability to throw fire, through to save time why don’t you just call me Abandon,” he ran at her and struck down with the hammer directly at her.

The woman smiled and raised her hand, grabbing the hammers head and holding it back with her own strength. “So you are the one they call Abandon, I heard that you were one of the strongest among the demon contractors”

Shane applied more strength to his hammer, hoping to get it to budge and crush the woman. “Well I can safely say I have never heard about you, and I am happy about that fact because honestly you don’t seem like that nice of a person”

The woman rolled her eyes and delivered a kick into the man’s stomach, sending him back a few feet before snapping her fingers. Not a moment after the snap rang out two Seraphim appeared on either side of her, their massive twin blades drawn at the ready. “Kindness has no place on the battlefield”

Shane looked at the two angels and sighed. “Neither do cows, yet you seem to be having a very good time of standing there and looking all high and mighty” he brought up his hammer to block the blows of the two armored angels and cursed. “Well I guess I wanted a challenge…”

Legion looked over the multiple holo-screens inside of the abandoned building they had set up to be their false base. So far things looked good on most of the fronts, all of the soldiers seemed to be holding up and those with demon contracts appeared to be doing fine for themselves. Well Reaper was down for a few and Abandon was locked in a battle against a battle Nun but in plans such as these things such as that constituted as fine.

He began to contemplate moving some of the forces from the West to back up the East when a sudden chill ran down his spine. “You know making noise when you enter a room is considered polite by some people” he said, slightly annoyed. He put a pause on the screens and turned to see his brother leaning against the opposite wall. The differences between their attire spoke magnitudes between the two’s personalities.

Legion was dressed smartly, a nice suit and slacks made from some of the finest materials that could be forged from demonic powers. He looked the picture of professionalism while at the same time holding an aura of death to him that would make lesser men flee in terror.

In contrast his brother was dressed in a T-shirt and jeans, as if he were going for a stroll and not overseeing one of the most intense battles since the Elimination Wars. His own aura could have easily been described as cold, as if everything around him could turn to ice at any moment. “We have problems, big Dreadnaught carrying four Arcangel’s and Caleb problems”

Legion cursed and turned back toward his screens. “That’s impossible, even at full speed the closest Dreadnaught is at least three hours from here, how could they possibly…” he stopped talking for a moment before a string of fowl curses leapt forth from his mouth. “They couldn’t have possibly perfected the Heaven’s Gate system!”

Heaven’s Gate was a project the Church had been working on for quite some time. It involved the movement of physical objects and people to move through the same blur between dimensions that the Angel’s traveled through. Up to this point anything that had passed through had been destroyed. It hadn’t even factored in as a possibility when Legion had been going through the planning stages.

“Not quite, but our ruse turned out to be a little too good, and Caleb himself is moving it here, and if there is one thing we have learned about that man it is that impossible just means he hasn’t done it yet” the man let out a sigh. “I am going to gather the four Archfiends, until then do your best to make sure that the maximum amount of people are alive for the big show” the man disappeared, as if he had never been there in the first place.

Legion turned toward his screen and opened a communication channel with Abandon.

Shane dodged the blades from the angel’s, his every movement planned about a second in advance. He was good fighting a large number of targets and killing them quickly. But somehow he had been drawn into a long drawn out fight between two highly skilled enemies while a third sat watching the battle with a cruel smile. His communicator began to beep and he bashed the side of his head into his shoulder. “Kind of busy right now Legion, any chance this can wait?”

“No it can’t, I need you to finish up combat and return to the Eastern front, we have a Church Dreadnaught coming in and I need every available Contractor there to deal with it, I am giving you permission to do whatever needs to be done, do you understand?”

“Sir yes sir” Shane put his hammer down and ended the call. “Sorry sweetie going to have to end this right now” he looked at her and the angels with a small frown.

The woman laughed and clapped. “While I applaud your bravery what exactly makes you think that you are going to win this?” The two angels charged at him again from either side and struck down with their blades.

Before the blades could even come close through a mass of fire rose to protect him and deflected both of their blades. “Because…” a demonic growl rumbled forth from the fire. “The hammer holds me back and makes it fair to the other side” two arms reached out from the flames and grabbed the arms of the angels. They both appeared to be covered in dark red and black symbols. Both of the angels caught aflame and turned to dust. And then out from the flames stepped Abandon. But he didn’t appear to be the same man as before. Now the upper half of his body armor was gone, showing more of the red and black symbols swirling along his chest. His eyes appeared to have become two bright burning orbs of fire, filling with the lust for destruction and chaos. “Come on, let’s play!”

The woman scoffed. “You think you scare me?” she ran toward him and slammed her fist into his body. She looked at him, desiring to see the pain that normally came from delivering a powerful blow to an enemy upon his face. Instead what she saw scared her more than anything she had ever seen in her life. A blow from her fists, empowered by the strength of the angel she was bonded with had not caused the look of pain she had desired. Instead he looked… bored.

“Oh, is it my turn now?” Shane smiled cruelly and grabbed the woman’s arm in his and tightened his grip on it. He drew back his fist and in one quick movement let go of her arm and delivered a devastating downward blow directly to the warrior priestess’s face. Her body slammed into the ground and she let out a pained yelp. “Come on we aren’t done yet!” he went to kick her in the stomach but she pushed herself a few feet back and stood up.

She panted a bit and wiped a thin trail of blood that ran down a cut on her face. “You think that is all it takes to defeat a servant of the Church!?” her body glowed once more in pure white energy and she ran as the man. They both fought at such speed it almost appeared as if they were two blur’s locked in a deadly dance. Finally the woman managed to land a blow on Shane’s chest and sent him back a few feet. “Enough of this, I call power from the Heaven’s to aid me!” she raised her hand and the sky went white for a moment and from the sky fell a skyscraper creature. The creature’s body appeared to be made of pure bronze. It’s body was like that of a human, but with six massive arms, each holding a different weapon. Its head seemed to be frozen in a constant angry look and it began to move forth, every step it took made the ground quake with its force.

Shane looked at the creature and sighed, the symbols disappearing from his body. “Well then, guess I better do my thing to… right….” He snapped and a pentagram made of fire spread out around him. “From the depths I call your name and summon you to my aid, hear me now oh Warden of the Damned, King of Fire and Master of Destruction, I call ye forth, Ifit!” A massive explosion of flames burse forth from the seal, and when they cleared a new figure had appeared. It was a creature that was about three feet tall, and was kept in the air by two large wings on its back. It appeared to have leathery skin like that of a bat and two large eyes made completely of flames.

The woman laughed mockingly. “Oh that is a fine title for a flying rat” she jumped up to sit at the head of her angel and looked down.

“Why can’t you ever associate with women that don’t want to kill you?” the creature asked in a rather annoyed voice, looking up at the woman in question with distain.

“Because I am too busy fighting the forces of heaven, now can you do the big fire thing?” Shane asked with a sigh.

The creature nodded and an ugly grin came to its face. “Yep” it snapped its claw like fingers and a massive vortex of flames surrounded the two of them. The heat coming off of it left the smell of ozone and brimstone on the air. The fire began to take the shape of a massive body made of pure flames.

“Combined technique, Flame Titan” a single voice which sounded like that of Shane’s and the demons rang forth from the creature’s massive maw and it sent a blast of flames at the other large creature. The angel put its weapons in front of it, but the sheer force of the heat actually melted its body as the flames touched it. “I am the one who rules over the fires of hell, do you believe that some Seraphim can hold back my flames!” the flames collapsed apart from the shape of a human and fell upon the massive angel, surrounding it in flames that burned stronger than any natural fire.

The woman leapt from her angel, watching in horror as its once powerful body began to turn to slag under the force of the flames. She felt her own power begin to disappear as a figure leapt from the flames toward her.

“No one escapes the flames” Shane grabbed the woman by the arm and threw her down into the massive fire that was currently burning away the last of the angel within it. As her body approached the flames they seemed to reach out and grab her, burning her body to ash with their heat. Shane landed on a building and fell to a knee, the force of his efforts coming upon him. He canceled the summoning once he was sure the battle had been won and took a moment to catch his breath. Once he felt back to himself he looked down and with a sigh noticed his hammer had been melted along with the angel. He could always get a new one through.

His thinking was cut off through when a ripping noise seemed to ring out across the city. With a curse he looked up and saw what appeared to be a massive white hole being cut open in the sky. From the hole descended a massive flying battleship. Upon its side sat multiple guns and missile silos, along with a hatch at the bottom to drop forces from. Written across the side were the words Mercy’s End and at the very top five figures stood looking down on the battlefield.

Shane shuddered as he felt the massive amounts of holy energy radiating off of the five figures. They were no doubt those who had contracted with Archangels, the strongest of the Church’s forces. He drew in a harsh breath and began to make a move forward before he felt four very familiar presences appear around him.

The first figure was dressed in what might have been called casual business ware, with a button up shirt and a green tie with a pair of jeans. He wore a bored expression on his face and let out a small yawn, rubbing his eyes as if he had just been woken up. Adraias Dellmire, also known as Data, contracted to the Archfiend known as Orminas.

The second figure looked more ready for battle, dressed in combat armor that fitted her form well and a bow in her hands. She wore a determined look, gazing up to the Dreadnaught with a look of distaste. She looked ready to destroy anything that stood in her way. She was known as Isabell Kariese, also known as Archer, she was the one contracted to the Archfiend known as Noxima.

The third figure was dressed in black trench coat that covered his entire body, along with a hood that pulled over his face to hide it from the world. If one looked they could see two bright red eyes under the darkness of the hood. The man was known as Magius Pixanas, or Shadow Death to their enemies. He was contract to the Archfiend known as Mornamio.

The fourth figure was that of Legion, who wore a frown on his face. “Stand down for now Shane, we will take it from here” the four disappeared and reappeared behind the five men on top of the Dreadnaught. Legion stepped forward and lifted his hand, summoning an old fashion revolver to it and aimed at them. “So then, shall we begin?”
Lordxana0

Re: Angel Slayer Lordxana Story Collection

Postby Guyshane on Fri May 24, 2013 5:10 pm

Hey Xana I just noticed that my chracter's code name changed between stories. Can I ask why?
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby Lordxana0 on Fri May 24, 2013 7:55 pm

Because I need an editor. Fixed.
Lordxana0

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Fri May 24, 2013 8:37 pm

RotavatoR wrote:
The Wild West Pyro wrote:I can haz mine next?

Only if you leave for a couple of months :P
(Seriously that seems to be the requirement...

Darn. That's hard.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Lordxana0 on Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:17 pm

It has been many years since humanity first made contact with the divine race that calls themselves Angels. Under the command of the man simply known as Prophet they took control over the world with their crushing power. Now the World Church controls everything, with only minor pockets of resistance fighting against its crushing power. The resistance is made up of humans who see the evils of the Church and demand freedom, along with a group known as the Contractors, those who have made agreements with a race known as demons to gain the power to fight against the monsters who have claimed the world as theirs.

The city of Heavens Point was built over the ashes of a city known as Chicago, and was often looked at as an example of how a perfect Church controlled city should be. People attended every mass all three times a day, and those who didn’t weren’t counted. After all you can’t count corpses. The people worked hard and without complaint, and for the most part no one complained. And those who did… well the picture is rather clear on that now isn’t it? So when the current High Priest was called away from his office to observe a problem it was a rather big occasion. The streets had been completely cleared and the buildings around them had been evacuated.

The High Priest himself was a man of about thirty four years of age, a bit on the muscular side with short black hair and a gaunt and serious face. He wore the pure red robes of his position with a gold cross on the back. He was backed by a group of twenty Cherubs, Angel’s who looked rather human, except they all stood about seven feet tall and had two pure white wings spreading from their backs. Instead of faces they had metal masks that bore the gold cross of the World Church on it. Each one carried either a bright blue blade on their sides or a trumpet like rifle on their backs. After a moment of walking the High Priest paused in front of the building, and only three words came out of his mouth. “What in the hell is this?”

The massive skyscraper in front of him had one side of it covered in various pictures. The sizes of the pictures ranged from huge to gargantuan. Some of them were of various people hanging off a branch with nooses around their necks, each figure bearing the golden cross of the Church. There were other symbols as well, but one stood bigger than all of the others. A massive black cross with an X through it. Written in white on the X were the words ‘Freedom, paid in angelic blood’, the mantra of the rebel army.

“Like that huh?” a voice rang out from above the High Priest and his angels. Standing atop the building was a young woman dressed in a brown robe with a hood covering her face. in her hand she held a long and thick staff, which at one end seemed to hold the bristles of a paint brush. She jumped down, sliding on the building and landing in front of them. “I worked pretty hard on it," A light smirk danced across the girls face as she swept up her massive brush and placed it over her shoulders, draping her arms over it lightly, an eyebrow rising in challenge. “Seriously would love your opinion on this one, after all listening to your critics is important.”

The High Priest wore a scowl on his face the promised violence. “You do understand that you will be executed for this correct?” he growled out.

“Live free, die hard, and kick the Church in the balls every step of the wa,y” she grabbed her robe and threw it off, revealing a young woman with burning red hair and wearing a set of kelver style armor under it. “In other words come here so I can kick your ass.”

The High Priest waved his Cherubs to move forward and begin the attack. They pulled out the long swords at their sides and charged forward, attempting to strike the woman who had created the art. She quickly dodged out of the way of the blades, laughing as she did. The Cherubs with the rifles lowered them and opened fire at her after taking careful aim. “Nope!” she drew a line on the ground with her brush and a massive wall of black ink rose out of the ground, blocking every shot that was aimed at her. She dodged out of the way of another blade, kicking the angel into the wall of ink and watching as its body began to melt as it touched it. “Watch out, sometimes art hurts.”

The man looked at the girl and pointed toward her. “Devil’s whore!”

She dodged out of the way of another slash and stuck out her tongue. “Pff he wishes,” she dipped her brush into the wall of ink and flung some of the black substance out and onto the ground. After a moment the ink took the form of wolves, massive, hungry looking, dangerous wolves. “Sick em boys!” the wolves jumped at the Cherubs, burning through the angel’s flesh and bone with their every touch.

“Enough of this,” the man raised his hand and a massive double sided axe appeared into it. “This affront to the Church will no longer be tolerated, I am Mayak, I am contracted to the Divine angel Uras, he who brings joyous shouts!” two wings of pure white energy spread from his back and a golden halo appeared above his head.

The girl smirked and shook her head. “Names Rachel, contracted to the demon Kimigos, anarchy and chaos are my thing” she raised her hand and gave a small wave toward her. “Come at me bitch.”

The angelic contractor let out a battle cry and charged at her, swinging his axe down at the Rachel. She quickly moved to block the handle of the axe with her staff like brush and pushing him back. Then the two began to battle, Mayak attempting to land a blow on her and Rachel dancing out of the way of every blow, landing an occasional touch with her brush and burning the High Priest with her poison ink. The two moved like blurs, battling with a fury and power that only two hated enemies could achieve as they fought to the death. After a few minutes Mayak jumped back and cursed, his robes burned to shreds by the ink. “Enough of this!”he slammed the end of his axe on the ground, creating a massive blue ring around his feet. “From the heavens I call for the aid of the divine, I call upon you Uras to give me the power to destroy this heathen!” the circle around his feet flew into the air, forming a massive seal in the air above their heads. From the circle a massive creature seemed to come through. It had the upper torso of a man with a deep blue sphere in the center of its chest with two large white wings coming from the back. The lower part of its body seemed to be floating on a large platform with a spear like point at the bottom of it. “This is the great Uras, prepare to feel divine wrath!” the orb in the center of its chest began to glow and it fired a beam of energy down toward Rachel.

“Yikes!” she created a black dome around her which managed to absorb the blast, but it broke afterward. “I hope you know…” she drew a circle around her. “This means war.” her eyes turned bright red as the circle around her seemed to grow. “Show time Kimigos, lets have some fun!” a massive geyser of black ink shot out all around her, taking the shape of a massive monster made of black ink. It had claws for hands and blades for feet. The main part of its body seemed to have pieces missing, as if they hadn’t been filled yet. Its head was a bit like a wolves, with two glowing red eyes playing against the darkness. “Game on!” The ink like demon let out a roar and its body reverted to liquid, racing at the massive angel in the sky in the form of a spear. The angelic beast fired out more beams from its chest and struck the inky mass, but it didn’t seem to do much damage. The ink began to form a massive ball around the angel, trapping it in a prison of pure acid. “Die!” Rachel closed her hand and the inside of the ball became filled with spear, burning through the angels body and burned it away to ash.

The High Priest fell to his knees in sudden pain as his angelic creature was destroyed. “No! I can’t die like this!”

The young woman shook her head. “Actually you can,” she lowered her hand and the ball of ink fell down, collapsing as a column upon the High Priest and turning him into nothing as it disappeared back into the ground. After that Rachel quickly took look around and shook her head. “Angels defeated, art made, time for me to go.” she quickly opened a portal and went through it, disappearing back to base.
Lordxana0

Blackwolfe story edited

Postby Lordxana0 on Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:38 pm

It has been forty years since the Imperial World Church took control of the world. Lead by he who was declared as the mouth of heaven: Caleb Isencras and his army of angels. Within five years he took control of the entire world, and united the land under his rule, creating a single theocratic world government. For the last forty years he has kept the world in a state of repression, only giving those he deemed blessed any privileges, and forcing the common man to work like dogs less they be thrown into prisons or at best, killed. The world lives in a constant state of fear of the Church's power. But as with all things there is hope. For when Heaven stands against humanity, Hell shall rise to defend them…

Dorian Kiom was having a rather good day. The Church had requested that his district of the Grand Imperial City hold a mass service today in order to raise the spirits of the people and allow them to show their loyalty to the Church through their praise and adoration. He had his best people working on this, security was tighter than his own wallet, and it appeared that nothing could possibly go wrong with this most holy of events.

The final civilian group was brought toward the rest of the bundled masses by a group of Cherubs, lower class angels who liked like men with large white wings on their backs; they wore iron masks over their faces and carried either dual swords or a long rifle on their backs. They were low class in the scheme of things but they made excellent security when directed by his officers. Dorian looked forward as the preacher took the stage that had been set up for him and the massive televisions attached to the buildings behind him began to run messages like "God loves those who serve," or "obey and be happy." The priest opened his Bible and was about to speak before something odd happened. Music began to play from the speakers of the two massive T.V.'s. Not Church regulated music either, some sort of prewar band. If he remembered correctly from the Church's black-book; they were called The Insects... no the Beatles, and the massive speakers seemed to be playing various selections of the disgusting noise they had called music. Not only that but various anti-Church messages began to scroll on them. 'Think for yourself' and 'Their words are
lies.' Dorian raised his communications device to his mouth. "Who in the saviors is in control of the set up!?" he barked out.

One of his assistants answered. "Um... I think it was Wilkes but we can’t enter his control room, the door seems to be sealed by some form of dark energy… and the name Cerberus is written across it in red paint… at least I hope its paint…”

Dorian felt his blood turn to ice as he realized exactly what that meant. He dropped the communication device and pulled out a phone to put a call in to main command. "This is Blessed One Dorian Kiom calling in to high command."

"You are speaking to the voice of the Choir, he who is in bonded to the spirit of the Archangel Gabriel, what can I do for you Kiom," the voice on the other end of the line was cold and dry, without any inflection to it what so ever.

"Praise be high one, the rally in sector H4 has been interrupted by a member of the Demon Rebellion, it appears he was posing as a member of my staff, I need back up if any can be sent." He spoke his words carefully, knowing exactly what sort of punishment he might receive for allowing such a blunder to happen.

"Are you saying that a member of your staff is a rebel and he slipped under your nose?" The man on the other ends voice suddenly gained a harsh tone to it. "I am sure you know such things do not happen without punishment.” He paused for a moment to let the words set in. “I can't send you much, the bulk of our armies are attacking a Rebel base, I can only spare one minor choir of Cherubs and a low ranking Seraphim."

Dorian bit back a curse. Even with his own forces he wasn’t confident in fighting a devil infused with such a small force, but he would take what he would get. "Thank you my lord; may the Church forever stand!"

"Indeed," the line went dead and as it did sixteen bright beams of light shot down from the sky, and where they landed figures stepped out. Fifteen Cherubs, much like the ones in his own employ and one figure that stood a bit taller than the rest. He was dressed in heavy armor and his wings where easily double the size of the others. He held a blazing broadsword in his hands and seemed to glow with a radiance all of its own.

Dorian motioned for them to follow him and closed his eyes for a moment. He had been blessed by ranking in the Church to receive a contract with a Mid-ranking Seraphim by the name of Vascal, who was also known by the title 'Jubilant Noise'. When he opened his eyes an almost invisible white wing made of angelic energy was coming off his back and in his right hand he held a spear that crackled with electricity. He pushed open the door to the building where the control room was and made his way up to it with his small forces. The room sat on the twentieth floor and when they reached it he had two of the Cherubs holding rifles blast it open.

Inside of the room sat a figure typing away at a computer console, undoubtedly controlling the messages flashing across the screen and the music playing through the speakers. "Gotta love the classics don't ya’ think?" the man spun around in his chair to look at small force of angels and their leader. He was an average build- not too muscular but also not thin with a head of clean, black hair cut short as per Church regulations. "Sup boss, guess it is too late to ask for my last paycheck huh?" He gave them a dark grin and picked up a pistol from the desk aiming it at the group of angels.

Three of the angels entered the room and leveled their rifles at the man, the rest of them where in the hallways awaiting orders from Dorian. "Jonathan Alan Wilkes, I had such high hopes for you, tell me, why would you deny the church and join this foolish rebellion?"

He laughed. "Oh I don't know, you guys don't pay me shit for shat, the benefits suck, the hours are horrible, and oh yeah," he glared directly at Dorian; "the Church controls the world under a tyrannical boot and kills anyone who disagrees with them even a little bit. All good reasons for flipping you guys the bird and trying to bring a touch of freedom, don’t you think?"

Dorian sighed in annoyance. Such pathetic reasoning as freedom would never stand when the word of God declared servitude "Any last words?" He asked looking at the seated man with a mixture of pity and disgust.

"Yeah, four words actually," multiple gun shots rang through the hallway and the Cherubs standing inside the room where suddenly filled with bullet holes and bleeding golden ichor as they dropped onto the ground. Jonathan leapt up from the chair and opened fire on the Cherubs, cutting them down with well-placed shots to their throats and heads before aiming at Dorian's head. "Fuck you, I quit!" he pulled the trigger but the minor Seraphim slashed down with his sword and blocked the bullet. "Oh big guy," he dodged past the next swing and got out into the hallway. "Can't catch me, mep mep" he took off down it and the Seraphim followed with impressive speed. As soon as he entered the hallway, he was caught in the crossfire of a pump-action shotgun and an uzi, both being fired from two identical clones of Jonathan.

"What sort of witchcraft is this!?" The Seraphim growled out in a voice that seemed both mighty and soft at the same time. He raised the hand not wielding his mighty blade to the side and sent a beam of holy energy at the clone with the shotgun. As soon as it was hit said clone disappeared into nothing but smoke. The other one followed suit when hit by the massive angel’s blade. "You cannot escape your fate, Sinner!"

Jonathan smiled and laughed. "No shit? Well than Release Limit Level One!" The man appeared from behind a desk in the room now wearing a black trench coat that reached down to his feet and covered the rest of his body. The man who before had seemed so average now was a strong and confident figure, standing almost at tall as the angel with his presence.

"Do you think that parlor tricks will protect you?" The angel asked in a booming voice filled with righteous fury.

"Nah, but I figure this will," the man reached a hand into his coat and pulled out an RPG. The rebellion officer put it over his shoulder and grinned. "Bye, bye!" He fired the rocket at the angel who slashed it in half as it reached him. Of course that only caused it to explode a bit more in front of him, the force still throwing the minor Seraphim back. The windows shattered from the force of the explosions and Jonathan took the chance to jump out of in and run down the building. "It’s like you guys aren’t even taking this seriously!” He mocked as he ran down, his feet seemingly sticking to the building as he made his way down.

The angel shook itself off and Dorian pointed before calling out. "After him, damn you!" The Seraphim nodded and jumped out one of the planes where glass had once formed a window, spreading its wings and dive bombing the running man with its sword above its head.

Johnathan turned around and pulled two automatic rifles from his coat and opened fire while running down the building. "Aw you miss me boo?" The bullets pounded against the angel’s armor, but didn't seem to do much else.

"Scum like you will be cast into Hell!" The angel slashed down at him and Jonathan jumped off of the building, hanging for a few moments in the air.

"Doesn't sound very attractive. How about Release Limit Level Two?" A black flame surrounded the man and moved down to the ground, right behind a group of Cherubs, who very wisely aimed their guns at it. As they were about to open fire, a blade slashed out from the flames and liberated their torso's from their lower bodies in one slash. Out from the flames walked Jonathan wearing a dark, black and red suit of armor from his neck down, cutting an intimating figure among the dying black flames behind him.

The shoulder plates seemed to be fashioned to look like twin wolf heads and in his hand he held a long blade with the barrel of a gun running along the back of it. "I am the one contracted to the demon Cerberus, he who guards the gates of the abyss and devours those who are caught within the endless cycle of Gluttony."

The Seraphim dive bombed him again but his blade was easily deflected by the now armored man. "You angels really piss me off you know," he knocked aside the blade and aimed the blade at him. "Direct shot," the gun barrel attached to the blade glowed red for a moment before firing a massive beam of demonic energy at the angel, putting a massive hole through the angel’s stomach and in the next five buildings behind it.

The sound of clapping hands came from his left side and he turned to see his former boss making his way toward him. "Impressive, but let’s see how you do against a true soldier of the Church." One second he was a good bit away from Jonathan and the next he was right in front of him, sending a stab with his spear.

"True soldier my ass," Jonathan deflected the spear head with his blade, but the moment they connected a massive jolt of electricity ran through his body. "Gah!" He jumped back and only narrowly avoided falling down, trying to give his body time to recover from the after effects of the weapon.

"Die Heretic!" a second see through white wing appeared on Dorian’s back and he raised a hand with a single finger pointing toward him before releasing a massive burst of angelic white energy at Jonathan. Luckily, he regained control of his body at the last moment and held up his blade, deflecting the energy in two streams away from him, through the streets and buildings behind him suffered the damage.

"Not today freak," he stood up and leveled his blade at the man. "Let’s test which is stronger: your angelic power or my demonic
energy." The energy began to gather in front of the gun barrel again.

"The strength of the Church is unmatched, see this display of my power and weep pathetic traitor!" Dorian aimed the spear at the man and the tip of it glowed with bright white energy.

The two men fired their beams at each other and they met in the middle. At first it seemed neither one had any sort of advantage. But slowly, the red energy overtook the white, and the winged man was knocked back into a large building, leaving a hole in its structure.

"How dare you!" He pushed himself to his feet and struck the ground with his spear. The world began to shake and a massive gate appeared in the sky. Down from the gate descended a massive statue-like creature. It stood as tall as the skyscrapers and had a face on its stomach that wore a massive grin on it. Its head was without any features and in its hand it held two massive curved blades. "Now, you will see the true might of the Church, kill him Vascal, kill him in the name of God!" The mouth on the creatures stomach opened and fired out a ray of blue energy at Jonathan, consuming him and the area around him within its light.

When the smoke cleared, Jonathan stood with a small smile, the ground beneath his feet glowed dark black that seemed to almost be bubbling like hot oil "Two can play the giant monster game, “ he closed his eyes and drew in a deep breath. “Born of the Shadows of legend to the guard the gate of the Underworld, beast with Three Heads whose jaws devour those who face him, arise mighty Cerberus!” From the shadows a massive figure arose. It stood about half the size of the other creature and on all fours. It had three heads whose eyes glowed red and mouths filled with row upon row of sharp teeth. All three heads gave out a mighty roar and the beast jumped for the massive statue-like angel and knocked it to the ground and causing the Earth under them to shake madly as the creatures began to war with each other.

Jonathan smiled at the sight until he remembered he had one more annoyance to deal with. This annoyance made itself known with a powerful thrust which he managed to quickly dodge away from. "You know what your problem is," he dodged more of the attacks, not bothering to do any of his own when he would just get shocked for the trouble, "your view is too narrow. All you think about is you and no one else; you fight for your own position and comfort, it is really quite pathetic."

“Shut up! Don’t you dare talk down to me, you filth!” The man growled and blood began to pool in his mouth. With every attack from the giant three headed beast on the angel, he grew weaker. His connection to the angel was both his greatest weakness and strength. His movements became slow and clumsy, until he finally sent a stab that was to off target to actually hit Jonathan.

"I fight to protect others, and that is why I and my kind will always beat you and your kind," with one slash he broke the spear and with a second he ended the life of Dorian Kiom by piercing his heart.
Cerberus let out a massive howl and jumped back, letting loose three beams of black energy into the body of the fallen statue-creature, turning it to dust. The Guard of the Gates of Hell faded into shadows now that its deed was done.
Jonathan looked toward the people who were exiting their hiding places after the battle. "Remember today, and always know that the Church will one day fall. They are not invincible and they will be defeated!" He raised his hand and the people cheered. Knowing all his objectives had been completed, he opened a dark gate that would take him back to the rebellions true base and not the one Church forces had converged on to provide him with a distraction. During his time with the Church, he had subtly infected thousands of security systems with a deep rooted virus that would be impossible to track. Things had worked out in his favor, and his success would further the goals of the rebellions. And after five months, he was finally going home. He stepped through the gate and disappeared.
Lordxana0

Angel Slayer Agoras

Postby Lordxana0 on Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:25 am

It had been years since anyone had officially stepped into the forgotten city, and for good reason. During the first days of the take over this had been one of the places where humans still made a stand. The execution of all around had been swift and brutal, a show of force that put those without the most iron of wills down to the floor. Agoras remembered this place well; it was one of the first things that was show to those waiting to become Angelic Hybrids, to remind them that they would have to go to great lengths in order to spread the light of the church into the gloomy world.

“Man I was a sucker” he said to himself under his breath, unable to believe his own nativity. Of course he had been disturbed by their actions, but they were angels, they were supposed to watch out for humanities best interests, act as servants of a higher and more important power. But after working for them he knew the truth, the only higher power they served was the leader of the Church and his own twisted desires.

We all make mistakes, focus on the mission the voice of the angel within him spoke softly but with authority.

Agoras nodded and tugged at the hood over his face, walking down the streets and trying to avoid running into the people who were squatting within the necropolis of a city. This place was a favorite for those who wished to live outside of the Church’s rule, and with occasional aid from the rebellion giving them a way to plant and grow food they had managed to survive. Through today

Agoras wasn’t here to deliver supplies, no his goal was much more important. Another member of the Church from his old training days had managed to get in contact with him through a number of underground sources, delivering a message that he wanted to leave the Church and aid him. It had been an amazing piece of news, as he was one of very few people who had actually turned away, and the more that did the more that would follow.
After traveling for quite a bit he finally managed to find himself at their meeting point, a large fountain in the center of the city that no longer spouted any water. It was a sight that brought pain to his heart, how something so beautiful could no longer function, doomed to remain as carved stone without purpose.

“Took you long enough” a voice called out from a bit away. Out of the shadows of one of the buildings stepped a rather large man, muscular and tall, a shaved head and the battle wear worn by Angelic hybrids. On his back he carried a massive halberd with a blade of pure gold. “I was afraid you wouldn’t show up”

A smile came to Agoras face as he walked forward, offering his hand. “And miss the chance to have you join the side of the just, your memory must be going out” his smile began to vanish as he noticed his old friend wasn’t stepping forward to return their shake. Before he could react ten beams of light shot down from the sky in a circle around the open area, and when each faded ten Cherub level angels stood with their weapons at the ready. “What is this?” he asked, already knowing in his heart what was happening but not wanting to admit it to himself.

“Agoras, for your crimes against the Church and Heaven you and your angel are both sentenced to death” his old friend pulled the halberd off his back and aimed the blade straight at him. “Are there any last words you have to say before your sentence is carried out?”

The angelic deserter stayed silent for a moment before speaking. “Yes, did you really think I would trust anyone that easily?” he threw off the robes he had worn to cover his body, revealing a white t-shirt and navy blue jeans, along with a pair of earphones hanging around his neck. “Now then, if you want this to be an execution, let the guilty die!” Agoras summoned a longbow made of pure white energy into his hand and aimed it down, drawing back an arrow that appeared from nowhere with his other hand and launching it into the ground. Within moments the ground under the angels and his former ally began to glow and launched out pillars of white energy.

Two of the angels which surrounded the area where destroyed by the energy of the pillars, but those that were fast enough managed to dodge and began to open fire on the rebel angel. “Surrender yourself to justice!” the angelic commander roared sending out a beam of holy energy from the tip of his halberd directly at Agoras. Before it could hit through he disappeared, making it so the attack only slammed into an empty building.

“I remember you being a lot better at this” Agoras mocked from the top of a tall building, raining down arrows on his foes. “Or maybe my memory is blinded by nostalgia”

“Traitors scum!” the bright energy wings burst forth from the man’s back and with a powerful beat he launched himself toward Agoras. Following his example a number of other angels launched themselves after him, weapons aimed at the top of the building and firing a multitude of shots directly up at Agoras.

“Also it looks like working for Caleb also cut back your vocabulary by…well about the entire dictionary” he aimed his bow at the sky and launched an arrow toward the heavens. “Divine Punishment upon my foes!” a number of light pillars shot down from the sky onto the attacking forces.

Agoras former teammate managed to dodge the pillars, through the Cherubs he had brought along didn’t seem to have the same skill. Eventually he managed to reach Agoras, stabbing at him with the golden halberd. “Damn you traitor, why won’t you just die!”

The angelic traitor summoned a light arrow into his hand and pumped enough energy into it to make it the size of a small sword, blocking the incoming halberd and jumping back. “What would be the fun in that Pilar?”

The man cursed and stood up straight. “Don’t you dare use that name, it is the name of a holy warrior, too good for the lips of a scoundrel such as you”

“This isn’t you talking, its Caleb and his twisted vision” Agoras voice was pleading, trying to draw some note of his former friend out of the zealot that he had become. “Its not too late to do the right thing for the people of this world!”

For a moment Pilar was silent, but after a moment he finally spoke in a sad voice. “You are wrong, it is too late…” he raised his
hand over his head. “For you!” a golden halo formed over his head, indicating that he was unlocking the final stage of his power.
“Prepare to face the judgment of the World Church you cur!” he ran toward Agoras and attempt to run him through. Before the blow could land the archer jumped back to another building and summoned his weapon, firing a barrage of arrows toward Pilar.

“Damn you Pilar” he said under his breath, feeling the pain of his lost friend deep in his heart. He buried it however; such feelings weren’t meant for the battlefield. “Fine than, if this is who you are, than I will destroy you like any other monster of the Church.” He landed and drew in a breath. “Archdevil form” a wave of black energy surrounded him before fading away, revealing a long black coat covering his body and a solid pitch black bow in his other hand. From his back two wings made of dark energy cracked with power.

“You want to fight a devil, than here he stands!” Agoras summoned an arrow of black energy and launched it at Pilar. The arrow converted to a straight line of dark energy, one which Pilar only just managed to dodge, through its path lead it to destroy several buildings behind his former friend.

Pilar closed the ground between them quickly, using his speed and weapon to either try and impale or slash Agoras. However the difference between speed was obviously, and Agoras easily dodged even the craftiest of blows made by the hybrid. “Damn you devil!” Pilar launched a barrage of glowing energy blasts from his palm, indiscriminately destroying anything in his sight.

“You damn fool!” Agoras jumped in front of one of the blasts that were heading toward the populated section of the forgotten city, not wanting to see innocents be hurt by his duel. “This fight is between you and me, leaves these people out of it.”

The Angelic Hybrid grinned darkly. “So you care for these outsiders aye?” he put out his hand and summoned a rounded bowl into his open palm. Inside of the bowl was a crimson red liquid that sloshed back and forth. “Then I will erase you and them in one swoop, that way you can all enjoy the trip to Hell together!”

Agoras felt his eyes widen when he saw the bowl in Pilar’s hands. “What are you doing with one of the Bowls?” the seven bowls were powerful artifacts used by the Church’s most elite soldiers. They increased the abilities of their Angelic Hybrids tenfold, at the price of their bodies and souls.

“This is the strength of my loyalty, the Fourth Bowl, Endless Torment of Fire!” the angelic hybrid drank back the liquid, and as soon as he did the bowl disappeared. Pilar screamed in pain and dropped to his knees as the liquid flowed through his body.

Within moments the white energy wings on his back were suddenly consumed by flames, and his entire body was surrounded by a burning aura. “From Heaven I call Judgement!” a massive gate opened in the sky and out from it a massive Angel descended. Its body was a massive wheel of fire, and in its center a large face smiled contently down upon the world. Between the face and the flames small orbs of pure light spun opposite of the wheel of flames, thirteen of them. The Angel opened its mouth and released a devastating beam of energy down upon the city, destroying multiple buildings in mere moments.

“Damned and damned in turn” Agoras sighed and raised his hand. “I call you forth, Vohu Manah!” another gate opened in the sky, and from this one a massive humanoid creature was called forth. It had a the head of an eagle, and the upper body of man. Its legs were also eagle like with talons that stood firm on the ground. The creature also had four massive arms, two of which held bows that it aimed at the massive creatures. “Let’s do this!” Agoras began to launch a barrage of dark arrows at Pilar, which seemed to be blocked by the aura of flames surrounded him. At the same time the massive creature summoned arrows to its free hands and launched them toward the Angel surrounded by flames, which moved with incredible speed to dodge the blows.

Pilar laughed loudly and began to throw fire Agoras. “This is punishment, divine punishment against you traitor!” he launched himself toward Agoras, striking with fists and fire. However the archer was still a moment to quick for the empowered hybrid, and dodged the blows.

“Fine, I will end this with one final blow,” Agoras dodged back and closed his eyes. “Arcangel mode” his coat turned from black to pure white, glowing with an aura of light energy that was hard to look at directly. He held out a hand and summoned a massive white arrow to it, notching it back in the bow which began to glow with blue and white energy. “Arrow of Purity” he stood his ground as Pilar ran at him once more.

“I care not what powers you use, face the flames!” he summoned a massive group of flames and launched them at Agoras, intended to land a final blow on him.

“Fire” Agoras unleashed the arrow, which blew past the flames and forced them to disappear, right before making a straight line toward the massive Angel and hitting it directly in the eye. The shot blew off a large portion of the Angels face, causing it to scream in agony and pain. That moment of distraction was enough for the massive creature Agoras had summoned to move forward and grab the massive Angel in its free hands before releasing a devastating beam of light energy directly into the face, destroying the creature.

“No!” Pilar fell to his knees and the flames faded away from him. “I…I don’t…” his flesh caught fire and he looked up toward Agoras. “I didn’t want this…”

For a moment Agoras stood in front of his former friend without a word, before turning around and banished his white coat. “Nobody did” his former friend turned to ash and Agoras began to walk away.

You did what was right his angel spoke in his mind before banished its physical form back to the other plane.

“Yeah…” he sighed and pulled out his phone. “…but that doesn’t mean the pain isn’t there” he called for a portal to be opened, and stepped back to one of the safe havens through it to prepare for the next battle.
Lordxana0

Return to Off Topic