Mario Kart Competitions (Wii-race... soonish?)

Anything goes.

Re: Mario Kart Competitions (Race on Sat the 13th!)

Postby S_o_S on Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:31 pm

Gentlemen, prepare for a stompin.
Not a distress call. Honest.
S_o_S

Postby RotavatoR on Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:48 pm

^
He's actually really good >.>
RotavatoR

Postby Rick Healey on Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:46 pm

Sorry, S_o_S... I generally don't like to brag, but since you said that, I have to follow up in the words of Wolf O'Donnell...

"You're good. But I'm better!"

Edit: I also propose a new slang term "got seussed" for when you get repeatedly slammed by items. I came up with this when I got slammed three times on the DS Airship course by multiple barrages, and I said "This is like the worst Dr. Seuss book ever - One Shell, Two Shell, Red Shell, Blue Shell."
I smiled when the wall was built, for I knew we were creating something incredible. And I smiled when it cracked, for the world would soon see what we had wrought.
Rick Healey
Puppetmaster

Postby Scarab on Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:40 am

Rick Healey wrote:Sorry, S_o_S... I generally don't like to brag, but since you said that, I have to follow up in the words of Wolf O'Donnell...

Edit: I also propose a new slang term "got seussed" for when you get repeatedly slammed by items. I came up with this when I got slammed three times on the DS Airship course by multiple barrages, and I said "This is like the worst Dr. Seuss book ever - One Shell, Two Shell, Red Shell, Blue Shell."

Guuuys who the heck am I supposed to root for here? Either one makes me feel guilty about not rooting for the other team. >.<
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby RotavatoR on Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:07 am

Scarab wrote:
Rick Healey wrote:Sorry, S_o_S... I generally don't like to brag, but since you said that, I have to follow up in the words of Wolf O'Donnell...

Guuuys who the heck am I supposed to root for here? Either one makes me feel guilty about not rooting for the other team. >.<

Root for me, cause I race like crap compared to those two :P
RotavatoR

Postby Scarab on Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:18 am

RotavatoR wrote:Root for me, cause I race like crap compared to those two

Fine, fine.

*\^_^/*

*Feels like she's betraying some kind of feminist cause here...*
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Krika on Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:23 am

Rick Healey wrote:Edit: I also propose a new slang term "got seussed" for when you get repeatedly slammed by items. I came up with this when I got slammed three times on the DS Airship course by multiple barrages, and I said "This is like the worst Dr. Seuss book ever - One Shell, Two Shell, Red Shell, Blue Shell."

I will support this.
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Postby RotavatoR on Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:26 am

Rick Healey wrote:I also propose a new slang term "got seussed" for when you get repeatedly slammed by items. I came up with this when I got slammed three times on the DS Airship course by multiple barrages, and I said "This is like the worst Dr. Seuss book ever - One Shell, Two Shell, Red Shell, Blue Shell."

But how do you feel about Green Shells and Spam?
RotavatoR

Postby Rick Healey on Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:03 pm

Scarab wrote:Guuuys who the heck am I supposed to root for here? Either one makes me feel guilty about not rooting for the other team. >.<

Well, I believe the appropriate saying here is "I against my brother, my brother and I against my uncle, and my uncle and I against the world." I'm the uncle in this situation. I'm one of the puppetmasters - one of the two that specializes in trolling all of you. I think it's perfectly acceptable to root for another player against me.

RotavatoR wrote:
Rick Healey wrote:I also propose a new slang term "got seussed" for when you get repeatedly slammed by items. I came up with this when I got slammed three times on the DS Airship course by multiple barrages, and I said "This is like the worst Dr. Seuss book ever - One Shell, Two Shell, Red Shell, Blue Shell."

But how do you feel about Green Shells and Spam?

I would not, could not, on a train. I would not, could not, on a plane. I do not like Green Shells and Spam. I do not like them, catch me if you can.
I smiled when the wall was built, for I knew we were creating something incredible. And I smiled when it cracked, for the world would soon see what we had wrought.
Rick Healey
Puppetmaster

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:19 pm

Rick Healey wrote:
Scarab wrote:Guuuys who the heck am I supposed to root for here? Either one makes me feel guilty about not rooting for the other team. >.<

Well, I believe the appropriate saying here is "I against my brother, my brother and I against my uncle, and my uncle and I against the world." I'm the uncle in this situation. I'm one of the puppetmasters - one of the two that specializes in trolling all of you. I think it's perfectly acceptable to root for another player against me.

So, we can take over the world now?
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:33 pm

I think we could do that earlier.
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Scarab on Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:31 pm

Genndy Oda C.O.G. wrote:I think we could do that earlier.

if we hadn't closed the wall between reality anf fiction, it is entirely plausible that we would at least have been able to sway the rules governing reality in our favour, yes. Whether that would have amounted to world domination would depend entirely on our own ability to motivate ourselves and on Tom and Dana not getting there first.

...Let's face it, guys, they'd get there first.
Scarab

Postby JackAlsworth on Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:55 pm

I'm reasonably confident they did get there first, but I feel like the topic is drifting a bit.
JackAlsworth

Postby Rick Healey on Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:44 pm

Jack is correct that the topic is starting to drift... much like I will when I've got my groove on in Mario Kart.

So, speaking of, would folks like to do another go-around? We can do either the Wii version or the 3DS version, although we'll need to remember to friend each other on the Wii version to set it up. I'm not going to be available for this for the next week (ARGfest, ya know), but if since it takes us time to organize anything anyhow, I imagine doing one in two weeks should be doable.

'Course, you could always do one next week. I'd just miss it.
Rick Healey
Puppetmaster

Postby RotavatoR on Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:47 pm

Rick Healey wrote:Jack is correct that the topic is starting to drift... much like I will when I've got my groove on in Mario Kart.
8-)

Rick Healey wrote:So, speaking of, would folks like to do another go-around? We can do either the Wii version or the 3DS version, although we'll need to remember to friend each other on the Wii version to set it up. I'm not going to be available for this for the next week (ARGfest, ya know), but if since it takes us time to organize anything anyhow, I imagine doing one in two weeks should be doable.

'Course, you could always do one next week. I'd just miss it.

That week's not good for me either, since I won't be back home till July the 30th. After that, though, I'm ALL ABOUT RACING, BABY :gurt: I'd like to race on the Wii now, because then I might even give you a run (race?) for your money :P
RotavatoR

Re: Mario Kart Competitions

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:45 pm

Honestly, it's the next two weeks I'm worried about. I've got a drama camp to attend then, but I should be able to race if it's a few hours later than the last one. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Re: Mario Kart Competitions (Wii-race... soonish?)

Postby RotavatoR on Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:02 am

If we're racing on the Wii we're going to have to exchange Friend Codes, regardless of when we're racing. See, there's no Community function for Mario Kart Wii, so everyone will have to exchange Friend Codes with others individually (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

Also when is everyone available for a race :)
RotavatoR

Postby Rick Healey on Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:27 am

I think that 3 Eastern is the ideal time... the only question is date. I think a Saturday works best - would this coming Saturday work for people?
Rick Healey
Puppetmaster

Postby RotavatoR on Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:40 am

Works for me. Eastern Time is -5 UTC right?
RotavatoR

Postby Rick Healey on Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:14 pm

Yes, Eastern is UTC -5.

Anyhow, I know folks are skittish, for some odd reason, about their Mario Kart friend codes being public. So if folks want to PM me with their codes, I'll add you so that we can race Saturday.
Rick Healey
Puppetmaster

Postby RotavatoR on Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:02 pm

...that went well. >_<
Sorry I wasn't there, I forgot to leave a message saying I wouldn't be there because I didn't expect anyone to show up. I think the only one who wants to race on the Wii besides you and me are Genndy and (possibly) Jake...
RotavatoR

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:10 am

RotavatoR wrote:...that went well. >_<
Sorry I wasn't there, I forgot to leave a message saying I wouldn't be there because I didn't expect anyone to show up. I think the only one who wants to race on the Wii besides you and me are Genndy and (possibly) Jake...
I want to, yes, however, my family has all but outright stated that I'm not playing the Wii ever again. Sorry, guys.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Scarab on Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:29 am

Genndy Oda C.O.G. wrote:
RotavatoR wrote:...that went well. >_<
I want to, yes, however, my family has all but outright stated that I'm not playing the Wii ever again. Sorry, guys.

...You managed to get banned from the entire Wii. What exactly were you guys doing on Mario Kart?
Scarab

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:43 pm

Nothing. I just had too many electronic devices, apparently: My 3DS, laptop, iPhone, and the TV. Also, there's not much of a spot for it after the move.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby narrativedilettante on Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:57 pm

I just got Mario Kart DS (not 3DS). I don't know if anyone has this old version or if it's possible for a race to happen between a DS player and a 3DS player.

I don't have a friend code yet. I guess one is assigned the first time you join a race, or something? I don't really know how multiplayer works. I've only tried it once and it didn't find any races for me to join.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Previous

Return to Off Topic