Play-By-Post RPG/Discussion, sign-up and rules

Be a knight in shining armor, a troll under a bridge, a helium-seller in a steampunk world...whoever you want to be.

Play-By-Post RPG/Discussion, sign-up and rules

Postby Victin on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:49 pm

The RPG Discussion thread. The current GMs are me, LordXana and, ocasionally, AMimsyBorogove.
Rules
  1. Text
    • Character Voice is indicated by ""
    • Description/Mechanics are indicated by normal writing.
    • OOC is indicated by [[ ]] or only [ ]
    • Character thoughts are indicated by italic
    • If possible, in the last line of your post write [--/--] for the remaining enemies after your attack
  2. Plot
    • Zeroth Law
    • If someone doesn't post within 48 hours of the last post they have their turn skipped and can post at the next convenient time. The next round back to normal
    • You can only react to the events that happened before your post. If you want to interact with a character that posts after you, PM the player before.
  3. Characters
    • Up to four abilities allowed
    • Preferabily use your avatar pic as your character pic
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Character sign-ups must be written in this format:
  • Name:
  • Weapon:
  • Powers:
Last edited by Victin on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:32 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Re: Play-By-Post RPG

Postby IslaKariese on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:52 pm

I love it! I dabble in the roleplaying part of Improbable Island and I always have so much fun...
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Victin on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:01 pm

IslaKariese wrote:I love it! I dabble in the roleplaying part of Improbable Island and I always have so much fun...

So, any ideas?
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:09 pm

If we use our avatars i'mma need a new one. Feathers aren't very good in fights, not even magic ones.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Victin on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:13 pm

NeverSlender wrote:If we use our avatars i'mma need a new one. Feathers aren't very good in fights, not even magic ones.

Me too. I think that Meta Knight is a little overpowered. If I am going to change, I already have one.
And I'm not going to say who he is. Okay, I will. It's Isaac, from The Binding of Isaac.
Victin

Postby IslaKariese on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:13 pm

Victin wrote:
IslaKariese wrote:I love it! I dabble in the roleplaying part of Improbable Island and I always have so much fun...

So, any ideas?

*ponders* First, we need people. With only the two of us, things'll get real old real fast.

We don't all need to be human. I, myself, prefer to be a humanoid animal when roleplaying something. We can have abilities an the like, but also rules so we're not just killing each other left and right. That's no fun, either.

It could be like a tavern setting, where different folks would meet up and act out the days misadventures. These are just basic you-probably-already-knew-this type stuff, but that's what I like.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:14 pm

Victin wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:If we use our avatars i'mma need a new one. Feathers aren't very good in fights, not even magic ones.

Me too. I think that Meta Knight is a little overpowered. If I am going to change, I already have one.
And I'm not going to say who he is. Okay, I will. It's Isaac, from The Binding of Isaac.

The one I wanted to use was Donquixote Doflamingo cos he's awesome but I can't find a picture that fits the site constraints.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Pixelmage on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:16 pm

Well... Can a undead little blonde girl that murders everyone who stands still around her and has two high ranked demons as friends/bodyguards play with you? Or should I change my avatar too? :lol:

Well, with my sig and all, I guess a lot of people already know who my avatar is... so...
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Lordxana0 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:21 pm

I will throw my hat into this. Personally an RPG forum where we just go all out and brawl with each other in increasingly improbable ways sounds like a hoot and a half.
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Postby Victin on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:23 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
Victin wrote:

The one I wanted to use was Donquixote Doflamingo cos he's awesome but I can't find a picture that fits the site constraints.

You can do what I do, pick a picture of him, put it in Paint (or any other image editor) go slowly reducing it to a size that fit, and by slowly I mean, select the entire pic, move it to the top left, making sure we can at least see his face, and then manually move the borders of the screen to a smaller size, repeating until it works. Also, save it as a .gif, it reduces the file size.

Pixelmage wrote:Well... Can a undead little blonde girl that murders everyone who stands still around her and has two high ranked demons as friends/bodyguards play with you? Or should I change my avatar too? :lol:

Well, with my sig and all, I guess a lot of people already know who my avatar is... so...

Your avatar is familiar, but I don't know exactly who she is.

Lordxana0 wrote:I will throw my hat into this. Personally an RPG forum where we just go all out and brawl with each other in increasingly improbable ways sounds like a hoot and a half.

Sorry, does that mean you are in?

Also, I should already have changed my avatar, gimme a minute.
Victin

Postby Lordxana0 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:24 pm

Yeah I am in, but I am going to play as the brown haired kid in my picture (I am so not willing to change it.)
Lordxana0

Postby IslaKariese on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:26 pm

Lordxana0 wrote:Yeah I am in, but I am going to play as the brown haired kid in my picture (I am so not willing to change it.)

*giggles hysterically*
IslaKariese

Postby Lordxana0 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:27 pm

IslaKariese wrote:
Lordxana0 wrote:Yeah I am in, but I am going to play as the brown haired kid in my picture (I am so not willing to change it.)

*giggles hysterically*

What's so funny?
Lordxana0

Postby IslaKariese on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:32 pm

Lordxana0 wrote:
IslaKariese wrote:*giggles hysterically*

What's so funny?

I'm just remembering the convo last night. I'm not sure I've officially rebooted yet.
IslaKariese

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:35 pm

Avatar changed. 1st division commander of the Whitebeard Pirates, Marco the Phoenix.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Pixelmage on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:36 pm

Victin wrote:
Pixelmage wrote:Well... Can a undead little blonde girl that murders everyone who stands still around her and has two high ranked demons as friends/bodyguards play with you? Or should I change my avatar too? :lol:

Your avatar is familiar, but I don't know exactly who she is.

It's Alice from Shin Megami Tensei / Persona. The pure, innocent, sweet little girl that's second only to Thanatos in the Death Arcana and will just ask you nicely "Will you die for me?" because only the dead are her friends. And that's of course, while she's summoning an army of Card Knights to murder you in the single most powerfull insta-death spell of the games.

Sometimes she's seen with uncles Nebiros and Belial. :D

:gushingaboutcharactersilike:

Of course, for the forum game here, it's just Alice and perhaps some dark/undead related standard powers/spells. If it comes to the powers at all.
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Lordxana0 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:38 pm

Name: Ulrich
Weapons: Twin swords
Powers: Splits into three copies, super speed, super strength
Lordxana0

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:46 pm

I think this should be the rules thread and we make a new thread for playing.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby Victin on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:50 pm

NeverSlender wrote:I think this should be the rules thread and we make a new thread for playing.

I was thinking about that. This will be the discussion/sign-up/rules thread.
But I have to go now :cry: and I should only be back in 1 hour or so.
Also I feel weak. A commander from the strongest pirate in the world, a psycho pathic man child and a very powerful double BFS wielding guy with me, Isaac.
EDIT:
TVTropes pages for the game. And also the wiki. Later I will write my character's characteristics. You can go on discussing the plot and some rules.
Last edited by Victin on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Victin

Postby NeverSlender on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:53 pm

Name: 1st Division Commander of the Whitebeard Pirates, Marco the Phoenix.
Weapons: Talons and control over the flames of his body while in phoenix form. Uses kicking attacks while in human form. Both while in hybrid form.
Powers: Can morph into a mythical phoenix made up of blue flame, has a hybrid form where his arms are replaced by wings of the phoenix, flight while in phoenix and hybrid forms, regeneration while in phoenix form.
Last edited by NeverSlender on Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:14 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Re: Play-By-Post RPG/Discussion, sign-up and rules

Postby IslaKariese on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:54 pm

Name: Kestral St. Willow
Weapon: Energy Bow
Power: Shapeshifting
IslaKariese

Postby Pixelmage on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:59 pm

Victin wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:I think this should be the rules thread and we make a new thread for playing.

I was thinking about that. This will be the discussion/sign-up/rules thread.
But I have to go now :cry: and I should only be back in 1 hour or so.
Also I feel weak. A commander from the strongest pirate in the world, a psycho pathic man child and a very powerful double BFS wielding guy with me, Isaac.

Poor Isaac. I'll play with you. You'll be my friend won't you? You'll die for me won't you?

Character Sheet

Name: Alice
Weapon: None (Magic)
-Linked to the limitation in spells.
Powers:
-Death Radius (Rare): Under circunstances of stress or excitement, Alice sometimes manifests her full necromantic power killing all but the most resilient or lucky of those around her by drawing the life out of them. She has no control nor is aware of this power.
-Summoning and Evocation Magic: Since coming back from death, Alice has gained extreme necromantic power. She does not however, control or even grasp the full extent of her skills. She can, however, summon objects like cards or teapots and animate them at will (Her signature Card Knights fight physically in her stead). She also has control over small blasts of energy and elements, like a simple fireball or small ice blast.

NOTES:
-Alice is magically animated undead. As such, normal means of damage heal over time, but she has no means of active regeneration mid combat. Meaning her can seal a bullet wound over a couple of days and not leave a scar, but not in less time than that.
-Her potential power is unknown, but her childish and innocent demeanor prevent her from tapping into her full skills. Sometimes to the point of appearing unaware of her own undeath.
-Nebiros and Belial will not be making an appearance on this itearation, that would be way to overpowered to include.
Last edited by Pixelmage on Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Victin on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:59 pm

Name: Isaac
Weapons: "Arrows" (normal: tears) and Bombs
Powers: Items have a different effect on him, grating him a wide variety of abilities and inabilities (?)
Others (?): Normally can carry only 3 items at time: one with a passive effect, an one-use item and another with repeatable usage.
(I'm going now. See ya in 1 hour or so.)
Victin

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:38 pm

Count Sabrac in the moment I finish reading THE MASSIVE FRIGGIN BACKLOG OF POSTS YOU LEFT ME. Why do I leave my computer again?
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Pixelmage on Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:53 pm

Sicon112 wrote:Count Sabrac in the moment I finish reading THE MASSIVE FRIGGIN BACKLOG OF POSTS YOU LEFT ME. Why do I leave my computer again?

Oh my... Dual Weilders duel? Can I watch? Pretty please?
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Next

Return to Roleplaying