The RWBY Thread

Anything goes.

Re: The RWBY Thread

Postby Krika on Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:32 pm

IslaKariese wrote:
Krika wrote:I have to mention Sun and Neptune here - specifically the whole conversation prior to going in, and the facial expressions as they do. Sun's got wide eyes and massive grin, fully expecting to...I dunno, have a good meet-and-greet, with Neptune more cautious but still grinning, and then they walk in. Everyone runs out, with Neptune having that worried, confused "what the fuck is happening?" expression quickly replace the previous one. But Sun...spirits above, Sun's expression just freezes there, and I get the impression that his brain just short-circuited there for a moment. It's glorious.

I got the impression of him thinking "Oh my god this is even better than I thought it would be--!"

Which is a perfectly good reason for someone's brain to momentarily short-circuit.
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Postby Dryunya on Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:46 pm

Fact: every food fight should be like this.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Guyshane on Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:17 pm

Wow that is a lot of nice setup right there. Also parodying the yugioh anime, very nice.
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby Anura on Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:22 pm

Heh. I managed to see the ep before the site broke. Lucky me.
Anura

Postby JRPictures on Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:17 pm

Guyshane wrote:Wow that is a lot of nice setup right there. Also parodying the yugioh anime, very nice.

You've just ACTIVATED MY TRAP CARD!!!!

But yeah this was a nice episode filled with setups, world building and all the like. I'm especially curious about the ending, it was clear that Mercury and Emerald would come as transfer students, but Cinder? This is going to be interesting.

Oh and there's also a headmaster that commands the military in his school and bought a fleet of soldiers and ships. Someone's being gcrazy prepared.

Nora and Ren win the episode though.
Neptune: Shouldn't libraries be for reading?
Ren: Thank you!

*Blakes walk out*
Nora: Pff Women.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby IslaKariese on Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:19 pm

I just love how much Blake looks just like an angry cat after Jaune's word vomit moment.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby JRPictures on Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:33 am

Figured I might resurrect this thread.

First of all, we got episodes 3 and 4 out, with ep 4 being especially freaking awesome:
3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj3jfqPwJEk
4: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1EuyliSO_Q

And this week as promised, we get a break from episodes and were presented with a livestream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7lsmq4x9fE which answered a few questions from fans and discussed the 4 eps of this volume so far. The stuff they discussed: http://www.reddit.com/r/RWBY/comments/2 ... s_much_of/

We also got a worldbuilding video on Dust, narrated by Jen Taylor (a.k.a. Cortana from Halo), whose voice we haven't heard the since the opening of Episode 1, Volume 1: http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?id=9568

So yeah that's pretty much all for now.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby Anura on Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:16 pm

So... wth just happened?
Anura

Postby Pixelmage on Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:22 pm

If Ironwood acts as though Ruby was the one to do whatever Cinder did I shall be thoroughly pissed. I hate that kind of political ploy; and the series managed to avoid that kind of straight play so well up to this point... :evil:
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Lordxana0 on Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:26 pm

Pixelmage wrote:If Ironwood acts as though Ruby was the one to do whatever Cinder did I shall be thoroughly pissed. I hate that kind of political ploy; and the series managed to avoid that kind of straight play so well up to this point... :evil:

It kind of seems like you are howling at an empty sky right now Pix, as we don't have any evidence Ironwood will pull that stunt, and we all know that Ozpin would't believe it anyway. Be calm and enjoy the dancing man.
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Postby JRPictures on Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:36 pm

Like you said, Ozpin wouldn't believe Ruby to be behind that break in. I do wonder how fast Cinder disappeared after Ironwood showed up though. There's a chance he might've briefly seen her. But we wont be finding anything out until 2 weeks.

Anura wrote:So... wth just happened?

Well Jaune made himself the better man and most likely got with Pyrrha. And then the whole team danced the most amazing dance ever.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby Krika on Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:03 am

Let's see...impressions of the episode.

Jaune's awesome, and has matured a LOT. Penny does the Robot. Pyrrha got a break.

I liked this episode.
Krika
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Postby Dryunya on Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:12 pm

The last episode is the one where I actually liked the dialogues. That's some improvement right there. I hope they'll keep this up.
"I can't dance" cracked me up. :D
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby IslaKariese on Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:17 pm

Caught up on the last couple of episodes. Pretty neat - lots of introspective stuff, more proof that Ozpin is savvy and helpful, and hope for a more action filled episode next time, cuz these were a bit slow, if thought-provoking.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Pixelmage on Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:00 pm

Gotta love how much a little miss blood knight Ruby is. xD
"What's that?! It's awesome! Let's kill it! :D"
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby IslaKariese on Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:13 pm

Ruby's just the best. Even when she's hopefully oblivious. But it is kinda scary, how the Grimm can become intelligent and are just waiting for humans to slip up just enough...

On a lighter note, I'm hoping there's a point to having Zwei with the team, no matter how adorable he is. You know, besides having Blake go to great lengths to avoid being near him.
IslaKariese

Postby Guyshane on Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:08 pm

IslaKariese wrote:On a lighter note, I'm hoping there's a point to having Zwei with the team, no matter how adorable he is. You know, besides having Blake go to great lengths to avoid being near him.

Spoiler: Zwei is secretly Qrow in disguise XP
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby Krika on Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:55 pm

Pixelmage wrote:Gotta love how much a little miss blood knight Ruby is. xD
"What's that?! It's awesome! Let's kill it! :D"

That moment was actually a sorta out-of-left-field disturbing thing for me, mainly because it's exactly the opposite of what I would do. I just find the idea of a 16-year-old seeing something, and having the first response be "Let's kill it" sorta....off.
Krika
Guyshane
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Postby Pixelmage on Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:39 pm

Krika wrote:I just find the idea of a 16-year-old seeing something, and having the first response be "Let's kill it" sorta....off.

Don't get me wrong, I understand what you mean - and it is the exact same reason I actually like it. It's disturbing, it would be entirely unnatural and certainly very uncanny in our boring real world. It is off - to our rules. I like it exactly because of that, because it fits in the picture of Remnant and makes it all the more clear that Remnant is not Earth.

To get out of Earth is the entirety of the reason I engage in fiction in all of its forms, after all. So, I suppose I'm drawn to these otherwise uncanny details.
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Krika on Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:25 pm

Pixelmage wrote:I like it exactly because of that, because it fits in the picture of Remnant and makes it all the more clear that Remnant is not Earth.

This is why I don't think it's bad. I do agree that it DOES fit the setting and the character. Ruby likes to fight, maybe not as much as Yang, but she does like it. She lives in a world where fighting and being good at fighting is a socially important skill. It fits. It just doesn't change my reaction to it.
Krika
Guyshane
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Postby Lordxana0 on Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:39 am

So I wrote a thing in RWBY, one you people might get a kick out of.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10717801/1 ... atchmakers
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Postby IslaKariese on Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:17 pm

Interesting episode, if only for the marvel that is the professor talking so fast so as to be barely comprehendable. Dear Lord, man, breathe every so often, would you!?
IslaKariese

Postby Pixelmage on Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:44 pm

IslaKariese wrote:Interesting episode, if only for the marvel that is the professor talking so fast so as to be barely comprehendable. Dear Lord, man, breathe every so often, would you!?

Also, for note... He drew his weapon.

He did not fight at all during the whole expedition so far; yet he is armed and in guard even before locating the enemy. Shit got real.

Side note to Roman. His attitude is just the best.

Mook: "It's a little girl."
Roman: *drops cigarette* "That would be bad."
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Pixelmage on Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:16 am

... Chapter 11.

What. Just what.

I mean, where do I even begin?!

Okay, so Grimm Army, suicide-run train, time bombs, all is well and good... Then how in the heavens does Zwei work as a portable cannonball? Canteen-Blowtorch-Mace is not a weapon I saw coming either.

Yang vs. Neo is a terrible match for Yang. But... Well... Mom Ex Machina much? I mean, not that I mind a character with a Portal-Laser-Revolver-Katana and wears layered Grimm masks but still... She's got to be either Yang's mom or a Bad!Future!Blake from a timeline where team RWBY got wiped. I honestly don't know what would make sense anymore, so I'm just throwing any theories that spawn.

Lastly... Next week being volume finale is going to suck. No, I don't mean that the episode is going to suck. I mean that it being a volume finale is going to be terrible. The Grimm Army just breached the city - there's so bloody much to happen that I'm sure Mounty is going to stack cliffhangers on top of cliffhangers, homestuck style.

How much? Oz, Glynda, Ironwood and Penny taking the field. JNPR holding the battlefield against the Grimm. Ruby vs. Cinder is not likely to happen in the middle of this chaos either. The tournament arc is definitely getting postponed due to chaos in the city. Not to mention all of the questions that are already open.

Who's the portal lady? How does Zwei work as a fireball? What's the deal with Neo? How does Zwei work as a fireball? What's Cinder's agenda in all of this? How does Zwei work as a fireball? How are they going to stop the Grimm assault? And how does Zwei work as a fireball?

@_@
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Endless Sea on Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:04 am

I'm more convinced that it's Ruby's mom. Or maybe Weiss's sister. Or something.
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic