The RWBY Thread

Anything goes.

Re: The RWBY Thread

Postby Pixelmage on Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:26 am

Weiss sister... Yeah, that could be. Ruby's mom I find more unlikely. Ruby's trailer starts with her visiting a grave-tombstone looking place with an engraved rose in it.

And the revolving-multi-color dust loader is similar to Weiss's rapier guard and the dust clip she gave to Blake... So... Weiss' sis would make sense... Well, more sense than Zwei's Firehow.

I mean. What. @_@
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby IslaKariese on Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:20 pm

My first impression was her being Yang's mom, given that it was her she saved and Yang's search leading ultimately to a cabin full of Grimm. And Zwei is obviously just a really special dog. Chill.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Guyshane on Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:41 pm

Well of course it's Yang's mom. They're like barely trying to hide it. Like she has several elements to her design that are reminiscent of Yang's outfit, she has the same hair as the place holder image they used for her mom during the yellow trailer and most tellingly she has red eyes which are visible through her eye slits
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby Pixelmage on Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:30 pm

Yeah, that was my take from the start - I was just entertaining the other options in response to Endless' comments. Still, the fact remains that she's got portals. Like, PORTALS. @_@
Space. Gotta go to space. Space. Spaaace. Gotta go, gotta go to space. SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE.
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby IslaKariese on Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:57 pm

I just feel bad for Yang, though. All throughout her fight, she never once had the upper hand. Two-Tone von Reflects-a-Lot over there just kept toying with her like a goddamned Cheshire Cat and it makes me mad.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Pixelmage on Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:26 pm

Neo is a bad match for Yang. Yang's strength is in trades and grazing, since she gets stronger as she takes damage. Against a foe that doesn't attack much she really can't reach her peak.

Neo is a perfect foil for that, since she essentially takes avoiding damage to its extreme conclusion and only ever really attacks when she has a major advantage - and thanks to her acrobatics and mirroring she can wait it out until her opponent overs swings or gets too tired.

I'd say Weiss would be the best at facing her, primarily because Weiss' style revolves around switching her pace and mixing in elemental effects. Both of which would likely disrupt Neo's dodge-happy rhythm. Ruby is fast, but predictable enough that I don't think Neo would have trouble dodging her and Blake's shining grace is the after-image counters, but again, Neo doesn't attack often which would have Blake fighting at lower than her peak as well.

On the topic of Blake... Well, we finally got to see Roman taking a solid punch. And boy, does he fall fast. :P He's gotten surprisingly flimsy once he got disarmed. Makes me wonder if he'd live through a direct punch from Yang... XD
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Guyshane on Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:22 pm

Direct punch for Yang is a game ender for anyone, as we've seen. Notice that in all her fights if she landed one hit on her opponent it was only a matter of time until they lost. Yang has the touch of doom.
Guyshane

Postby IslaKariese on Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:30 pm

On a similar note, Blake with Dust is about six times more epic than usual. Best thing is, she knows how to use it for the best effect.
IslaKariese

Postby Krika on Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:48 pm

Yeah, I found Neo's fighting style to be very, very efficient. She waits for her opponents to overextend and trip up before striking for maximum impact, using only the minimum of effort to deflect/avoid attacks. Yang's chances of victory against her are very, very slim.
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Postby Guyshane on Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:23 pm

Well the best way I can see for Yang to win a fight against Neo is to punch herself several times and then just repeatedly ground pound her way to victory.
Guyshane

Postby Pixelmage on Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:35 pm

Well, Yang can force trades, though. The train is cramped, which seems like a good place to fight Neo, but actually isn't as walls and ceiling are more like extra usable surface for Neo to spin on.

On an open field, though, Yang can use and abuse her recoil boosting to stay on top of Neo. If it was Ruby I'd say that this is a bad idea, since it is quite literally sticking your face out to get hit, but for Yang this would be a perfect way to force Neo into attacking and blow-for-blow, I'm pretty sure Yang would win pretty fast. But while indoors, Neo can essentially bounce off the walls to create the distance she needs to get back into dodging stance - say, wall-jump toward-and-past a charging Yang, turn and get ready to repeat. With Yang moving with enough speed to force Neo to dodge, she would have to smash the wall/pillar/crate before turning over or do a 180º recoil shift; either way stops her momentum and gives Neo a time advantage, or do two 90º recoil shifts to keep her momentum, but that would both increase the distance between them and take even more time to perform. So yeah. I'm probably thinking a bit much about this, am I not?
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:00 pm

Maybe, but you're probably damned good at chess with a mind like that.
IslaKariese

Postby Krika on Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:56 pm

And so Volume 2 ends, not with a bang or a crash, but with an exhalation. An exhaled sigh, and a rumbling on the horizon.

Honestly, I think that's almost a detriment, sorta? We had the last episode being action packed, building up to an epic "oh fuck" climax. Then it gets resolved in half of the episode, and goes on to introduce more plots to add, while we still don't have a lot of resolution. As Weiss said, stories don't always have neat ends, but I think I would have like more closure than the resolution of a plot arc that only took up 3-ish episodes.

I just sorta hope they can either keep things going well, or can start working on taking the threads they're introducing and weaving them into something. Raven and Adam are both definitely going to be interesting (Raven especially), but I do hope they can follow up on the hype/speculation that the wait will cause.
Krika
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Postby Pixelmage on Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:34 am

I found it to be a significant letdown compared to the rest of the series up to this point. I'm all for ending seasons/volumes/sets with a hook or two, if nothing else to keep the option of continuing open for the future...

This volume end was more akin to a tentacle beast of loose threads. It didn't particularly solve anything, from my perspective. And overall it made for a seriously lackluster episode. The animation suffered a significant hit with the whole "let's show everyone off in 5 minutes" that ensued.

I mean, Juane's first real solo fight and we get lines on the screen? :|
Inigo Montoya with a gatling gun was fun to watch. So kudos for that.

As Weiss said, guess not all stories have neat endings, but still. Even for the exact same ending, I think the combat spotlight for the other characters deserved more time and polish than it got.
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Krika on Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:33 am

And we still haven't seen the rest of Sun and Neptune's team.
Krika
Guyshane
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Postby Pixelmage on Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:52 pm

Well, since this is the most closely related thread we have to the subject...

:( https://twitter.com/RoosterTeeth/status ... 2029101057

*sadface*
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Blurred_9L on Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:23 pm

WHAT.

.-.
Why should we do the right thing?
-Well... because it's the right thing to do, there's no other good reason.

Am I a bad guy trying to be good, or a good guy trying to convince himself that he's not the bad guy?
Blurred_9L

Postby Endless Sea on Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:53 pm

Maybe we didn't donate enough? :/ Jeez, I had a feeling it was bad, but not life-threatening.
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby JRPictures on Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:14 pm

This is truly a sad day. And I woke up checking for something good :(
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby Anura on Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:25 pm

:shock:

Noooooooo... :cry:
Anura

Previous

Return to Off Topic