Member Updates

Anything goes.

Member Updates

Postby JRPictures on Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:12 am

I figure we need a section in the forum to talk about our everyday lives and stuff. So here's a thread for it.

Today stuff happened. I did my tests for the HSC and now I'm dealing with the coming backlash because I finally kicked a player of my RP.

I really wish I posted that RP here instead of on TV Tropes, you guys would never have treated me the way that two players did.

Anyways, what did you guys do?
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Re: Member Updates

Postby Scarab on Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:38 am

JRPictures wrote:I figure we need a section in the forum to talk about our everyday lives and stuff. So here's a thread for it.

Today stuff happened. I did my tests for the HSC and now I'm dealing with the coming backlash because I finally kicked a player of my RP.

I really wish I posted that RP here instead of on TV Tropes, you guys would never have treated me the way that two players did.

Ouch sounds like a jerk... :/ What happened, what were they doing that meant they had to be kicked?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby JRPictures on Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:29 am

Scarab wrote:
JRPictures wrote:I figure we need a section in the forum to talk about our everyday lives and stuff. So here's a thread for it.

Ouch sounds like a jerk... :/ What happened, what were they doing that meant they had to be kicked?

He was being a massive jerk.

Here's the post where I kick him off: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/posts.php?di ... e=197#4907

Feel free to read what came before and after that.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:17 am

JRPictures wrote:
Scarab wrote:

He was being a massive jerk.

Here's the post where I kick him off: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/posts.php?di ... e=197#4907

Feel free to read what came before and after that.

*Pondering whether or not to give one of his classic deviantArt style verbal beatdowns.*
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Scarab on Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:38 pm

The Wild West Pyro wrote:
*Pondering whether or not to give one of his classic deviantArt style verbal beatdowns.*

I would suggest that this be one of those times where you keep such rants to yourself, Pyro, that was clearly a big argument and nothing to do with us.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby JRPictures on Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:30 pm

Yeah its best if we ignore for now.

Anyways, I finished off my HSC Exams Trials last week and this week so now I'm at home, having fun and stuff
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:58 am

Scarab wrote:
The Wild West Pyro wrote:

I would suggest that this be one of those times where you keep such rants to yourself, Pyro, that was clearly a big argument and nothing to do with us.

OK.....besides, I have tons of homework to do....GAH.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby JRPictures on Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:52 am

Well I saw The Wolverine today

It was pleasantly surprising. The plot was neat, action was fine and the after credits scene has me pumped for Days of Future Past.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:43 pm

I've begun cooking recently.
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby S_o_S on Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:22 pm

I've been in intense rehearsals for a show called Whistle Down The Wind from 10-6 most days, hence why I haven't been active for the last couple of weeks.
Not a distress call. Honest.
S_o_S

Postby JRPictures on Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:19 am

I've been watching anime lately.

Last night SBS2 (a channel here in Aus) aired the Ghost in the Shell movie which I watched. It was cool but weird but still very cool.

Also I've been watching a lot of Fruits Basket. That show is damn cute.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby SpiritfChaos on Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:46 am

I've embarked on a grand quest to watch all superhero-related material on Netflix.
I'm just a guy who wants to help save the world.
SpiritfChaos

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:39 am

I've been playing TF2 a lot in order to get the weapons I NEED.

(SO NO MORE GIVING ME 4 WARRIOR'S SPIRITS OR SUNS ON A STICK IN A ROW, VALVE! DO YOU HEAR ME?)

Oh, and I've been researching on which war was bloodiest, and more hellish (By hellish, I mean the conditions.)

Said wars are World War One (:D) World War Two and The Vietnam War.

I personally think it's Vietnam.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby Scarab on Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:04 am

The Wild West Pyro wrote:Said wars are World War One (:D) World War Two and The Vietnam War.

Vietnam didn't have mustard gas. So no.
Scarab

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:38 am

Scarab wrote:
The Wild West Pyro wrote:Said wars are World War One (:D) World War Two and The Vietnam War.

Vietnam didn't have mustard gas. So no.

Read Dulce Et Decorum Est, was impressed by Owen's genius but slept with the light on.

World War 2 is the mildest, Vietnam is somewhere in the middle, and The Great War is on top, because of the constant reports of spilled guts, mustard gas and nasty wounds via shells. Eg, faces blown off. Urgh.

Anyway, as it's his 40th anniversary this year, went to the Bruce Lee Exhibition at the Hong Kong Heritage Museum.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:53 am

um...

I think that any war that involves people dying, or people killing other people counts as the worst.

I also think that the discussion of rating some of the most despicable acts committed by man is both wrong and bothersome. People died to make those statistics you laud, give them some respect.
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Scarab on Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:49 pm

eli_gone_crazy wrote:um...

I think that any war that involves people dying, or people killing other people counts as the worst.

I also think that the discussion of rating some of the most despicable acts committed by man is both wrong and bothersome. People died to make those statistics you laud, give them some respect.

Eli is the voice of reason again. Sorry, folks.

This does raise that age old question of the needs of the many though. That's a moral point that's always puzzled me. We laud the kind of attitudes that lead thousands to sacrifice themselves to save one individual, while at the same time, judging the ethics of a situation by how many people die.
Scarab

Postby Krika on Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:51 pm

Scarab wrote:
eli_gone_crazy wrote:um...

Eli is the voice of reason again. Sorry, folks.

This does raise that age old question of the needs of the many though. That's a moral point that's always puzzled me. We laud the kind of attitudes that lead thousands to sacrifice themselves to save one individual, while at the same time, judging the ethics of a situation by how many people die.

Welcome, Scarab, to humanity.
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Postby IslaKariese on Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:24 pm

That reminds me of a story I read once, of a train-track operator of some sort who brought his son with him to work. At one point, the man lost track of the boy and searched only to find him playing on the tracks. A train was approaching too, and the man had two options: leave the track as it was and let the train crash into another that had stopped on that set of tracks a little ways ahead, or switch the tracks like he was supposed to and lose his son. He eventually chose to switch the track, but that story had always made an impact on me.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Krika on Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:26 pm

I know of a short film (some Christian film of sorts, I don't remember it's name or anything) that basically has that same plot as the climatic scene.

In any case, had (have, posting while it's happening) that is getting incredibly bogged down, and characters getting separated for inane reasons, and most of it being a social encounter with me not having the slightest idea what to do, and thus sorta sitting around whilst other people did things, before getting bogged down into a combat combat that basically prevented me from being effective by having a ton of friendlies in a small room, whereas my character's pretty much ONLY method of dealing damage involved AoE damage. Kinda exasperated about it.

EDIT: And this is combined that our co-DMs decided that a set of villains would just be cameos of former characters of theirs, which basically meant that they're distracted by the fact that these are their characters.
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Postby JRPictures on Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:29 am

By the way does anyone know why I can't post in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1233&start=25

Cause I'd very much like to.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby Pixelmage on Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:33 am

I suppose a tutorial is in order... Sometime.

Go back to the Board Index, select anywhere that's NOT the Announcements area, for the sake of simplicity, go to the Off Topic. Then click that thread from within the Off Topic and you'll be able to reply.
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby JRPictures on Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:35 am

Pixelmage wrote:I suppose a tutorial is in order... Sometime.

Go back to the Board Index, select anywhere that's NOT the Announcements area, for the sake of simplicity, go to the Off Topic. Then click that thread from within the Off Topic and you'll be able to reply.

Thanks for the quick reply. It was getting confusing for me
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby SpiritfChaos on Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:43 pm

I just rewatched all of VGHS because Season 2 started and I can't wait for the next episode.
I'm just a guy who wants to help save the world.
SpiritfChaos

Postby JRPictures on Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:44 am

SpiritfChaos wrote:I just rewatched all of VGHS because Season 2 started and I can't wait for the next episode.

I ought to watch that show. I just need the time.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Next

Return to Off Topic