Member Updates

Anything goes.

Re: Member Updates

Postby IslaKariese on Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:38 am

Okay, some fun facts about my journey through a major in Psychology! Mainly, all the bumps and bruises I've gained in said journey. I thought I had a plan, but it turned out that one class was a prerequisite for another and I had to take it, like, now. Except that the only reason I wasn't already taking this class now was because of another prereq to that class that wasn't offered this semester. Which put me in a tight spot 'cause I'm a junior and I'm running out of time.

Luckily, with some quick action on my part, as well as my adviser and the head of the Psychology department, we found that they could waive the class that wasn't offered (and it turned out that I'd taken a class that was a higher level anyway, so I didn't need to take it in the first place WOULDA BEEN NICE TO KNOW BEFORE I WORKED MYSELF INTO THIS TIZZY TWO MONTHS AGO GAIS) and transfer me into the needed class starting now.

Of course it means that I have to stop taking a class that's in the same time slot, but I can come back this time next year (KNOCK ON WOOD) and I'm too interested in the subject to pass it up. Hopefully, my missing orientation class won't trip me up too badly. I'll just have to make friendly with the professor. :D
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Victin on Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:44 am

Yay philosophy! :)

I hope everything goes well for you.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Krika on Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:33 pm

Sooo...I'm going to be taking my Driver's Licence driving test tomorrow. And as I've been mentioning in various places over the past week or so, driving is something that I really don't like. At all. Really, I'm hoping I pass so I don't have to be constantly forced into driving as "practice", even if reasons will still be found for making me drive anyway. Meh.
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Postby narrativedilettante on Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:14 pm

Good luck on the test Krika! Watch your speed, and check to make sure your car is suitable before you get there. (I had to leave without taking the test the first time because the brake lights were out... don't fall into my trap.)
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby IslaKariese on Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:34 am

Krika wrote:Sooo...I'm going to be taking my Driver's Licence driving test tomorrow. And as I've been mentioning in various places over the past week or so, driving is something that I really don't like. At all. Really, I'm hoping I pass so I don't have to be constantly forced into driving as "practice", even if reasons will still be found for making me drive anyway. Meh.

Just take your time and be sure to not take chances. You know how it's practically par for the course to go a couple above the speed limit? Apparently that's a no-no and will cost you points. I failed my first test cause I picked up too many bad habits, but when I drove like an old lady, I passed. Go figure.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Krika on Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:36 pm

Soooo, I passed.

Whoooo, more responsibility?
Krika
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:40 pm

Only if you drive. :P
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Krika on Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:02 pm

eli_gone_crazy wrote:Only if you drive. :P

Not going to have the most choice in the matter, for a handful of reasons.
Krika
Guyshane
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Postby Victin on Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:53 pm

Krika wrote:Soooo, I passed.

Whoooo, more responsibility?

More power?
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby IslaKariese on Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:49 pm

Krika wrote:
eli_gone_crazy wrote:Only if you drive. :P

Not going to have the most choice in the matter, for a handful of reasons.

I know how you feel. I'd be perfectly fine not driving at all, but my mom makes me. Not that I don't need the practice, of course. :?
IslaKariese

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:59 pm

*views driving as a form of independence* *does not mind the responsibilities*
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Endless Sea on Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:35 am

Welp, back from my 24-hour stay in the emergency room.

No, I don't plan on elaborating any further than that.

Yes, I have recovered. Mostly. Enough to go to college, at least. >_<
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby IslaKariese on Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:15 pm

Oh, my. :?
IslaKariese

Postby narrativedilettante on Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:15 pm

My sympathies, End.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:58 pm

Endless Sea wrote:Welp, back from my 24-hour stay in the emergency room.

No, I don't plan on elaborating any further than that.

Yes, I have recovered. Mostly. Enough to go to college, at least. >_<

HOO BOY. Hope you do get better.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Endless Sea on Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:11 pm

Welp, back from the hospital. Again.

Goddamn kidney stone. >_<
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby JRPictures on Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:56 pm

Endless Sea wrote:Welp, back from the hospital. Again.

Oh damn a kidney stone. I always shiver at the thought of having to pass those.

I hope you're feeling ok.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:03 pm

Endless Sea wrote:Welp, back from the hospital. Again.

Jesus Christ, that must have been horrible! How come we've got so many metaguards visiting the hospital lately...
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:17 pm

It's Cthulhu's revenge, obviously.
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Endless Sea on Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:34 pm

Maybe he wants me to finish up that refic or something. :|
Endless Sea

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:43 am

eli_gone_crazy wrote:It's Cthulhu's revenge, obviously.

Pah! Eldritch Abominations throwing hissy fits? How come he doesn't come out again? Oh wait, maybe he's scared of Adell now. Good.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby JRPictures on Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:53 am

I don't know what to care for this Saturday. The fact I turn 18 or that I'd rather watch Puella Magi Madoka Magica: Rebellion then have some silly party.

Clearly I have my priorities straight
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:49 am

First, got that Ultraman Alien Metron toy I've been looking for all my life in a Hong Kong toy store.
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10083930

Second, this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M5Tbos3 ... verified=1
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby IslaKariese on Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:22 pm

Okay. Those of you in the chatroom tonight already know this, but my uncle passed away from cancer last night. My mom and I will be heading downstream to Atlanta for the funeral. At that point I'm not sure how much internet access I'll have, but I likely won't be on much (if at all) anyway out of respect. This'll be the first funeral I'll have attended for a family member I actually knew, if not all that well, and it's a particular blow for the paternal side of the family since it was my dad's oldest brother.

I'm... in a bit of a half-state right now. I didn't know him all that well, so I'm not crying over the news (no guarantees for at the funeral, though). I'm more concerned about my dad and grandma's state of mind at the moment. I could hear in my dad's voice just how bad off he is, but it's too late at night to call grandma so I'll wait til tomorrow. Dad even tried to say how Mom and I didn't have to come down next week, but I gave him the politest, most sympathetic version of 'fuck that' I could give and he caved pretty quickly.

No telling what state of mind I'll be in over the next week or two, but I wanted to put the news out there.
IslaKariese

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:37 pm

IslaKariese wrote:Okay. Those of you in the chatroom tonight already know this, but my uncle passed away from cancer last night. My mom and I will be heading downstream to Atlanta for the funeral. At that point I'm not sure how much internet access I'll have, but I likely won't be on much (if at all) anyway out of respect. This'll be the first funeral I'll have attended for a family member I actually knew, if not all that well, and it's a particular blow for the paternal side of the family since it was my dad's oldest brother.

I'm... in a bit of a half-state right now. I didn't know him all that well, so I'm not crying over the news (no guarantees for at the funeral, though). I'm more concerned about my dad and grandma's state of mind at the moment. I could hear in my dad's voice just how bad off he is, but it's too late at night to call grandma so I'll wait til tomorrow. Dad even tried to say how Mom and I didn't have to come down next week, but I gave him the politest, most sympathetic version of 'fuck that' I could give and he caved pretty quickly.

No telling what state of mind I'll be in over the next week or two, but I wanted to put the news out there.

Really sorry about that-my Grandpa's dead, and so is my mom's brother. And I have the same problem-I knew them well, but I didn't cry, just felt sad. I tend to cry in the wrong place at the wrong time. God bless your Uncle, and screw you, cancer.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic