Chatter

Anything goes.

Chatter

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:18 pm

I just noticed that we don't have a thread for just... chatter. There's the intro thread, which we're currently in the process of derailing (hi, Lone!), but we don't have a topic with strictly no topic. So that's what this is. Not a coffee room of madness. Just a place to converse randomly. Yes, I know we have a chatroom. But this is... different? It's like conversation without the time-bound element! Oh, the heady excitement!

...so yeah. hi.
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Re: Chatter

Postby IslaKariese on Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:22 pm

Yeah, the last time we tried to make a thread for "chatter," Xana gave us all Green Stuff(tm) and broke the multiverse. There's no reason to think that won't happen here. :P

But yeah. We can try again. It's been a while since then. :D
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Pixelmage on Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:57 pm

Well, it's simple, really. We just redirect the madness to the coffee room right next door.

We can manage that, right? We can all refrain from going insane in one thread, right?
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby narrativedilettante on Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:00 pm

I'm glad to have a thread like this! When the coffee room opened the game was still going strong and I had limited patience for off-topic craziness. By the time the game was over, I was determined not to set foot in the coffee room, ever, if I could avoid it.

So I'm happy to go along for the ride and see where this thread takes us!

...That is, assuming it doesn't take us anywhere... unpleasant.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:05 pm

Why are you people tempting fate? Just... Hold on... Sorry I need to take a call.
eli_gone_crazy

Postby ALoneFox on Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:08 pm

Hi Qara! Sorry for derailing your thread. Bye!
ALoneFox

Postby Victin on Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:10 pm

This seems as an interesting idea, even though the Coffee Room incident can happen here too.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:18 pm

MUAHAHAHAHAHA! YOU FOOLS! BY CREATING THIS THREAD, YOU HAVE UNLEASHED THE FINAL SEAL ON MY ARMY OF SENTIENT NOODLES! THE RAMEN APOCALYPSE HAS NOW BEGUN! I SHALL USHER FORTH A NEW AGE: AN AGE OF PASTA, BY PASTA, FOR PASTA! YOU SHALL ALL BECOME THE MEATBALLS IN THE SPAGHETTI OF MY DELICIOUS FUTURE! NOW, PREPARE TO FACE THE TERROR OF THE LASAGNA LEGION! ATTACK, MY NOODLEY MINIONS!
"The Apocalypse is basically just a tutorial." - Sicon112.

"Due to the ambiguity of this wording, I am unable to determine whether or not I am the leader of the X-Men!"
"UNIVERSE-BREAKING EPILEPSY RAVE!" - AMimsyBorogove
AMimsyBorogove

Postby Endless Sea on Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:35 pm

I reject your instrumentality and substitute my own.

...wait, I think I mistyped something there...
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:46 pm

OBJECTION! I OBJECT TO YOUR REJECTION ON THE GROUNDS THAT IT IS OBJECTIONABLE AND SCREW YOUR RULES I AM A BEAR RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH!

*smashes instrumentality with ragebear*
"The Apocalypse is basically just a tutorial." - Sicon112.

"Due to the ambiguity of this wording, I am unable to determine whether or not I am the leader of the X-Men!"
"UNIVERSE-BREAKING EPILEPSY RAVE!" - AMimsyBorogove
AMimsyBorogove

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:51 pm

Really, did no one see this coming? I'm pretty sure there is a door to the coffee room hidden behind some of the decorations here, judging by how fast that happened. You guys should probably find that passage and seal it up. I think its how all the crazy is getting it.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Endless Sea on Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:03 pm

Meh, I think it's just Mimsy. Makes sense.
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby JRPictures on Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:40 pm

This is a great thread idea.

I would say this thread is normal but as we just saw things aren't entirely normal yet

And Pasta Instrumentality? I really ought to watch NGE soon :lol:
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:48 am

Alright then, random chatter.

I'm wearing a paper bag over my head.

Photo on 9-16-13 at 8.47 AM.jpg
I wish I was making this up, honestly. My school has some really weird ideas of school spirit.
Photo on 9-16-13 at 8.47 AM.jpg (141.95 KiB) Viewed 3474 times
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Endless Sea on Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:45 am

...not what I expected you to look like. :P
Endless Sea

Postby Krika on Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:08 am

Sooo........why is the picture reversed?
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:01 pm

Obviously he lives in some perpendicular reality where everything is backward. Occam's Razor.
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Scarab on Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:17 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Obviously he lives in some perpendicular reality where everything is backward. Occam's Razor.

School spirit?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:42 pm

Endless Sea wrote:...not what I expected you to look like. :P

Well, to be fair,I do have a bag over my head. Normally, I look more like this:
Photo on 9-17-13 at 3.34 PM.jpg
Photo on 9-17-13 at 3.34 PM.jpg (169.95 KiB) Viewed 3413 times

Krika wrote:Sooo........why is the picture reversed?

I took it hastily to showcase my headgear.

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Obviously he lives in some perpendicular reality where everything is backward. Occam's Razor.

That works too.

Scarab wrote:School spirit?

Also a good explanation.
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Victin on Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:38 pm

To bring up some actual conversation here, this interesting thing here from Brazil.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Krika on Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:46 pm

Victin wrote:To bring up some actual conversation here, this interesting thing here from Brazil.

Huh. Cool, I guess.

On another note, to me, this makes no sense whatsoever. Admittedly, this is mostly because my philosophy involves the phrase "shit happens, deal with it", so the idea that the random arrangement of how life goes as a result of the choices of everyone on the planet is affected by an individual being "better" makes completely no sense.
Krika
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Postby IslaKariese on Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:20 pm

I agree. That seems a lot like a 'good guy always wins' mindset, which is so far from the truth it doesn't even bear saying. Sure, if there's some sort of competition, the one who is most skilled tends to win most often, and occasionally a win will be the result of a lucky break or a fluke, but in everyday life, such a thing has no bearing. It's completely random. Some people make it to the top because they're good, some because they're lucky, some because they've greased enough palms - and I've gotten so far off topic from the original YuGiOh Card Game topic that I'm just gonna stop here.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Krika on Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:54 pm

Well, this is the chatter thread. Going off-topic shouldn't be that much of a worry.
Krika
Guyshane
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Postby Scarab on Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:08 am

IslaKariese wrote:I agree. That seems a lot like a 'good guy always wins' mindset, which is so far from the truth it doesn't even bear saying. Sure, if there's some sort of competition, the one who is most skilled tends to win most often, and occasionally a win will be the result of a lucky break or a fluke, but in everyday life, such a thing has no bearing. It's completely random. Some people make it to the top because they're good, some because they're lucky, some because they've greased enough palms - and I've gotten so far off topic from the original YuGiOh Card Game topic that I'm just gonna stop here.

Themagic ability of theplayers to draw exactly the right car from their deck always struck me as cheating, personally.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby IslaKariese on Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:24 am

Scarab wrote:Themagic ability of theplayers to draw exactly the right car from their deck always struck me as cheating, personally.

It made me disillusioned as a child, back when I and my friends all had an equal amount of fanatic interest in the YuGiOh Card Game and all had our own decks. I wanted to be Just Like Yugi! and got really angry whenever I would miserably fail or run out of cards in my deck. Yugi never ran out of cards! Yugi always won because he believed in the Heart of the Cards! Well, I'm believing my little tush off and I still can't win what is this ieoajejhfaurdoaw-!
IslaKariese

Next

Return to Off Topic