Chatter

Anything goes.

Re: Chatter

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Fri May 15, 2015 12:17 pm

Sequels are typically less well received, regardless of source material.
eli_gone_crazy

Postby IslaKariese on Mon May 18, 2015 11:56 pm

*walks in wearing a t-shirt saying "I Spent Four Years in College and All I Got Was This Stupid T-Shirt and a Silly-Looking Diploma"*
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby JRPictures on Tue May 19, 2015 1:38 am

IslaKariese wrote:*walks in wearing a t-shirt saying "I Spent Four Years in College and All I Got Was This Stupid T-Shirt and a Silly-Looking Diploma"*

Must be a great shirt :P
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby IslaKariese on Tue May 19, 2015 11:14 am

JRPictures wrote:
IslaKariese wrote:*walks in wearing a t-shirt saying "I Spent Four Years in College and All I Got Was This Stupid T-Shirt and a Silly-Looking Diploma"*

Must be a great shirt :P

Eh, as far as imaginary shirts go, it's alright. :D :lol:
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Tue May 19, 2015 8:18 pm

Has anyone had that moment where you've revised hard enough for that exam, ANDYOU'RE STILL NERVOUS?
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Victin on Tue May 19, 2015 8:40 pm

The Wild West Pyro wrote:Has anyone had that moment where you've revised hard enough for that exam, ANDYOU'RE STILL NERVOUS?

I used to feel that way a lot. I got better now, simply telling myself I am, in fact, ready for my exams. Well, I had professional help to get rid of that anxienty. So I can only tell you to convince yourself you're ready to do the exam, even if you feel you aren't, that won't help you in the few hours/minutes right before it, and if afterwards you discover that you were not in fact ready, just study harder. I hope that helps :D
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Wed May 20, 2015 12:24 am

Victin wrote:
The Wild West Pyro wrote:Has anyone had that moment where you've revised hard enough for that exam, ANDYOU'RE STILL NERVOUS?

I used to feel that way a lot. I got better now, simply telling myself I am, in fact, ready for my exams. Well, I had professional help to get rid of that anxienty. So I can only tell you to convince yourself you're ready to do the exam, even if you feel you aren't, that won't help you in the few hours/minutes right before it, and if afterwards you discover that you were not in fact ready, just study harder. I hope that helps :D

Thanks Vic, you da best.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Lordxana0 on Wed May 20, 2015 1:53 pm

Have I ever mentioned how much I dislike the tvtropes forum for the fact that it doesn't have regular things for bolding and the like and need to read a separate tutorial to figure out how to do it? 'cause I do.
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Postby Pixelmage on Wed May 20, 2015 3:10 pm

Catch is, it works the same way to edit pages. If you don't trope and just use the forums, I see your point. But if you wiki at all, it shouldn't bother you in the slightest.

Personally, I like code-based formatting, though. So /Bias.
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Victin on Wed May 20, 2015 3:23 pm

It doesn't bother me that much, because I already know the stuff I use the most often, and whenever I have to use something fancier, which is pretty rare, I check the tutorial you mentioned.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Endless Sea on Wed May 20, 2015 3:53 pm

I know how spoilers, italics, and linking stuff works. That's about it for me.
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby narrativedilettante on Thu May 21, 2015 11:41 am

The thing that bothers me about the tvtropes forum is I really don't have any idea how to find it or navigate it once I have found it. (I've probably accessed it before then got confused and closed it without committing much about that process to memory.)
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Endless Sea on Thu May 21, 2015 5:06 pm

There's a button that says "Forum" at the top of each page. Just click on that and it'll take you to the full list.
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby Lordxana0 on Sun May 24, 2015 2:44 am

So this weekend I played my new favorite DnD character Gorgoth the Half Orc War Mage, the greatest Magic Man in all history. He has one level of Barbarian, and then three levels of War Mage. He fought off a giant beetle monster with a stone covering by turning his hands into stone and grabbing onto its horns, and then flying into a Rage to rip them off and bash in the monsters brain. Then tanked a psionic mind blast and proceeded to go scorched earth on all of them using a few pyrotechnic spells to turn an enemy gathering into a bloodbath.
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Postby Victin on Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:15 pm

Today and yesterday I finished catching up with Agents of SHIELD and Gravity Falls. Holy shit, the latest episode of both series are awesome!
Victin

Postby IslaKariese on Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:18 am

Victin wrote:Today and yesterday I finished catching up with Agents of SHIELD and Gravity Falls. Holy shit, the latest episode of both series are awesome!

I don't watch SHIELD, but GF is one of my favs! I raved about the last ep on Twitter for a while, but I didn't think any other Metaguards watched it since no one joined me. :? :lol:
IslaKariese

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:08 am

I am soooooo hyped for Ant Man!
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:46 pm

The Wild West Pyro wrote:I am soooooo hyped for Ant Man!

Yeah, I don't do comics very often and the simple title made it sound kinda stupid, but I saw the trailer and it actually looks pretty cool. I might end up seeing it if my dad's interested in it, too.
IslaKariese

Postby RotavatoR on Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:12 pm

IslaKariese wrote:
Victin wrote:Today and yesterday I finished catching up with Agents of SHIELD and Gravity Falls. Holy shit, the latest episode of both series are awesome!

I don't watch SHIELD, but GF is one of my favs! I raved about the last ep on Twitter for a while, but I didn't think any other Metaguards watched it since no one joined me. :? :lol:

Look to your right :D

Gravity Falls is my fave cartoon, besides the Avatar series. The ending of the latest episode was just so emotional, and then that Wham line.

What episode did you laugh hardest at? For me it's probably Golf War. Big Henry ;_;
Last edited by RotavatoR on Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RotavatoR

Postby Victin on Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:49 pm

RotavatoR wrote:Look to your right :D

Gravity Falls is my fave cartoon, besides the Avatar series. The ending of the episode was just so emotional, and then that Wham line.

What episode did you laugh hardest at? For me it's probably Golf War. Big Henry ;_;

[GRAVITY FALLS SPOILER WARNING]I know, right? Not What He Seems was great even in the smallest details. Stan's escape scene was one of the best I've seen, even if one of the shortest ("I have one hundred bucks and I want you to drive the furthest away from here in that direction!"). The ending was simply an emotional bomb, for all the characters.

Now, the episode I laughed the hardest at? It's been a long while since I watched season 1 (I'm not rewatching it right now because I have other shows I want to catch up with). But out of the shorts, Lefty had one of the most hilarious jokes. From Season 2... I think either Scary-oke or Soos and the Real Girl.

Remember Big Henry ;_;
Victin

Postby RotavatoR on Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:29 pm

The best thing about the show is that anthyding can hadplen.
RotavatoR

Postby Victin on Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:52 pm

RotavatoR wrote:The best thing about the show is that anthyding can hadplen.

And a lot of episodes have emotional weight behind them too.
Victin

Postby narrativedilettante on Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:31 am

I cannot be hyped about Ant Man, because Edgar Wright left the director's chair and therefore I will spend the entire movie thinking about how much better it could've been.

Well, I say "better." "Catering to my particular sensibilities" might be more accurate.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Victin on Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:08 am

narrativedilettante wrote:I cannot be hyped about Ant Man, because Edgar Wright left the director's chair and therefore I will spend the entire movie thinking about how much better it could've been.

Well, I say "better." "Catering to my particular sensibilities" might be more accurate.

I don't know too much about Ant Man other than "he's a douchebag", at least in the comics, so my opinion on the movie can be summed up to: "I can't believe Ant Man is getting a movie before Wonder Woman".
Victin

Postby Pixelmage on Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:12 pm

*blinks*

Uh... Movie? Is that noms? :? /PixelSummaryOnTheQuestion
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic