Chatter

Anything goes.

Re: Chatter

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:54 am

narrativedilettante wrote:I cannot be hyped about Ant Man, because Edgar Wright left the director's chair and therefore I will spend the entire movie thinking about how much better it could've been.

Well, I say "better." "Catering to my particular sensibilities" might be more accurate.

...I am actually hyped about Ant Man once serious research was done.

From the looks of it, it should actually be good.

Another thing people FORGET about Ant Man in the MCU is that he gets 3x stronger when he's small. Which is why a tiny-ass man in a Raygun Gothic red and silver suit can run up your pistol's slide and flip you over. His ants can also swarm you very quickly and take you out.

So yeah, not lame as he used to be.

The only worry I have is that not many people are going to see it because everyone's either freaking out over Civil War or people are still going to dismiss him as stupid.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Victin on Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:13 pm

For the Gravity Falls fans, the next episode is going to be extra long and without commercial breaks! The hype is even more real!
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby IslaKariese on Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:53 pm

Victin wrote:For the Gravity Falls fans, the next episode is going to be extra long and without commercial breaks! The hype is even more real!

[Impatience intensifies]
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:51 pm

Sooooo, around two days ago, I got my first actual comic book. Not an omnibus or the MCU prelude. An actual one. Or, in fact, tw of them.

Basically, I don't know how many people are hardcore Marvel experts or comic book historians, but I'm reading the first two issues of All New Invaders.

I chose it, because hey, so many favourites-Cap, Bucky, Namor-and the WW2 Flashbacks are really neat. Oh, and the plot's easier to follow than some others.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby narrativedilettante on Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:49 pm

I went to Burger King today, and they lost my order.

Since it's literally right next to my house, I hadn't brought my phone or anything so I didn't keep track of the time... I'd just thought that I'd be there for a couple of minutes. I did bring a notebook so I could have something to do while they put my order together, but I really didn't think it would take long at all.

So I waited in the short line, ordered, and then sat at a table to write for a little bit while waiting for them to call my number. They called the few other people who'd ordered at around the same time I did, and more people came in... not a big crowd, but enough that the people working there were kept busy with orders.

Eventually they were calling numbers significantly higher than mine... I started wondering if I should ask someone about my order, because it seemed odd that they'd moved so far past it, but they were busy enough that it would be awkward trying to get someone's attention, so I just kept to myself and kept writing in my notebook. Eventually I wondered how long it had been since I placed my order, but I didn't have my phone so I had no timepiece available. I just kept writing in my notebook, figuring that eventually they'd either call me or the current rush of customers would fade and I'd have a chance to go ask someone what was up.

Finally it seemed like the staff were caught up enough that I wouldn't have to fight to get their attention, so I approached the counter and showed them my receipt. They couldn't find the copy of the receipt that they were supposed to have on their end, so they couldn't be sure what had happened but they must have lost it somehow. They got my food ready quickly, gave me a free drink (I hadn't ordered one initially) and, since I'd been waiting for over a half an hour, they also refunded my money.

So I had some time to do a bit of writing and got free food. Best trip to Burger King ever.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Victin on Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:27 pm

narrativedilettante wrote:So I had some time to do a bit of writing and got free food. Best trip to Burger King ever.

Y'know, that wasn't what I expected when I read the first line of your post :D Awesome! :gurt:

The Wild West Pyro wrote:Sooooo, around two days ago, I got my first actual comic book. Not an omnibus or the MCU prelude. An actual one. Or, in fact, tw of them.

Basically, I don't know how many people are hardcore Marvel experts or comic book historians, but I'm reading the first two issues of All New Invaders.

I chose it, because hey, so many favourites-Cap, Bucky, Namor-and the WW2 Flashbacks are really neat. Oh, and the plot's easier to follow than some others.

I'm not familiar with the comic books themselves, sorry. But I did watch Ant-Man today, with friends.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:17 pm

I was overjoyed to see that Ant-Man WAS NOT a failure.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby Anura on Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:12 pm

You know what was fun? Forum Mafia. Who would want to play that again?
Anura

Postby Tohrinha on Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:44 pm

*waves*
Tohrinha
Meta-Knight

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:24 pm

hiiiiiiii
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:47 pm

*bounces*
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:09 am

I got my IGCSE exam results back.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby Anura on Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:19 pm

Anura

Postby RotavatoR on Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:37 am

I also can't wait for Content Warning: The Movie :P
RotavatoR

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:13 pm

I passed all my exams, which is great, and I'm doing the IB diploma right now.

Also, Halo's Hunt the Truth has a new season now!
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby Victin on Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:01 pm

The Wild West Pyro wrote:I passed all my exams, which is great, and I'm doing the IB diploma right now.

Also, Halo's Hunt the Truth has a new season now!

Congrats!

Meanwhile, my computer has finally returned to its home! :D Yaaaaaay!
Victin

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:26 am

I have finally discovered my favorite areas of history after much thought:

1. Organized Crime in the 1920s.
2. World War One.
3. World War Two.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby Victin on Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:32 pm

Mine are prehistory and recent history :P
Victin

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:10 am

Out of interest, which specific events of recent history?
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby Victin on Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:02 pm

The Wild West Pyro wrote:Out of interest, which specific events of recent history?

Mostly Brazilian history. I guess it's because I don't actually know that much about it since I never actually studied it at school, and it doesn't seem like I will get to, at least not too far past 1985.
Victin

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:05 am

If it is of any interest to you, the only period of history I regret reading about is Operation Condor.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby Victin on Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:50 am

The Wild West Pyro wrote:If it is of any interest to you, the only period of history I regret reading about is Operation Condor.

I don't regret learning anything about history, I suppose, I just would feel better if we actually learned about the historical period closest to the present in school, because it's "more important" than the stuff that happened longer ago. I say that because that was one, two generations ago - there are politicians from that time still being relevant nowadays, and I'd like to learn more about them.

Also, recently I changed my mind about what I want to do in college, and now history is one of the relevants subjects I need to know. And I'm someone who decided history was the most boring subject of all (but not less important; in fact, extremely important). That could be due to boring teachers - I decided that during an year with one of those - although I had many cool history teachers too, so I'm not sure.

By the way, we're focusing on Brazil and "descolonization" of Asia and Africa this trimester, so I don't even think we're touching the other dictatorships in South America. Perhaps I'm wrong, and they'll teach that at the very end, but I doubt it.
Victin

Postby Dryunya on Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:32 am

Okay, since I've dropped the EFP bomb and haven't said much since then, I kinda need to explain my absence. Wall Of Text coming right up.

Basically, since TWWF ended, I found it hard to follow stuff that doesn't have any inherent motivation in it, and started to drop off things that took the most time to follow. Twitter was the first, and I still don't pay much attention to it - last time I tried to catch up after appearing on the forums, I got 300 messages in the feed the next day, and realized it's an uphill struggle. As for the chat - I had this work schedule that allowed me to participate in TWWF normally in the first place, and it has changed about a year ago - I currently work in daylight like a normal person, and actually have to work at work sometimes. :) Basically, I come back home, have several hours to unwind, and catching up seems like a chore rather than relaxation (I'm really weird about how I rest, and I don't think that's normal г_г), so I usually shrug and go watch cat videos or play something. Endless introducing me to this game about space ninjas grinding for loot certainly didn't help. :ugeek:

Eventually it came to the point where being absent became the norm rather than something I feel guilty about, I became this guy whose trait is being away, and anything else would draw attention and disturb the status quo. Meanwhile, you guys have had a lot of stuff together, and I don't even know much about the Floating Castle. I don't seem to be good at stuff that's unrelated to the objective, since I didn't even mess around in the Coffee Room. Basically, I missed out on the shared information (also, like, whoa, Tom and Dana got married a while ago - missing that is one hell of a faux pas in my book), and feel somewhat alienated (and Twitter became next to impossible to read because you always reference stuff I'm unaware about) with no one to blame but myself. Which I do, a lot. г_г Since I don't even delve into some new fiction much, I essentially spent post-TWWF period in stasis, while the world has moved on.

Basically, I've eventually realized just how low I've sunk, and am trying to come back little by little. Since I posted this a week later than I was going to (on that day I decided to clean my keyboard instead - it was, like, super gross, you guys), this is going to take a while. I am faster to respond if prodded, so if you have something interesting going on and I'm not around, that's not because I'm mad at you guys or anything.

That said, when I was checking the forum, I was surprised that the interactive adventures that were my last holding point on the forum stayed in pristine condition since I left - like, I just stopped coming at one point, and no one left a single post on any of the IA since then. Srsly guys, what's up with that? They were fun. :)

Also, I now use г_г instead of <_<. Patent pending.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Endless Sea on Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:42 am

Honestly, Dryu, all of us haven't been too active here, either. It's mostly Twitter stuff now. (If it helps, I don't understand half the references either xP)

I don't have particularly many ideas for better keeping in touch, considering how much gaming with the broteam has taken over my life as of late, but I'm sure some of us can help. :)
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby narrativedilettante on Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:34 am

I'm pretty sure Tom and Dana are engaged, not married yet, though of course that's still a big deal.

I don't keep up with the Metaguards on Twitter at all, so I can hardly blame anyone else who finds it overwhelming. People post a lot. I hear you on not following stuff that doesn't have inherent motivation... during TWWF, I remember just not understanding why people spent so much time and effort on off-topic threads as they did. Different people have different ways of enjoying things and interacting with each other.

As for the interactive adventures... I miss them! I keep meaning to update Dungeon Master. At first I wasn't updating it because I didn't have any time... a bunch of stuff went on last summer, and then I went back to school, and I had classes, and then I had classes and a job, and that job was with a shopping mall Santa so it was insanely busy as we got toward Christmas, and then I needed some time to de-stress, and then the next semester started... and somewhere in there, Dungeon Master slipped off the "short-term" section of my mental to-do list.

I've actually been thinking that it might be something fun to resurrect around Halloween.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic