RISK - A Game of War - Sign-Ups and Discussion

Anything goes.

RISK - A Game of War - Sign-Ups and Discussion

Postby Krika on Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:16 pm

War. War never changes.

Since the dawn of human kind, when our ancestors first discovered the killing power of rock and bone, blood has been spilled in the name of everything: from God to justice to simple, psychotic rage.

The Romans waged war to gather slaves and wealth. Spain built an empire from its lust for gold and territory. Hitler shaped a battered Germany into an economic superpower.

But war never changes.

And now, we imitate it in a game for children, to be played around a table.

-----

Alright, I mentioned this in another thread a little while back, but here goes for real! I am hosting a game of RISK here on this forum, and you are all invited to get in on the action! But first, let's establish some ground rules:

[*]We will be using the Risk Board game map as found here. We will be using the classic rules as written out here, so you can brush up on how to play.
[*]This will be somewhat first-come first-serve in terms of signing up, since the game is built to handle at most about 5 players at once. If there is enough interest, I can run two games at once, and I may end up running more games later on down the line, so if you don't make it in, it's not the end of the world (although, if you make it in, you might find that happening to you...)
[*]This thread will be for sign-ups and the discussion of game-play. Once we get this sorted out, I will make another thread for posting the actions you take.
[*]This is a game of war, winner-take all, all-or-nothing. In this game, everything is permitted, and nothing is forbidden in pursuit of victory. You may form alliances, and collaborate with and against other players, but please keep in mind that in the end, there can be only one winner. Despite this....
[*]....if I detect cheating, you will be automatically booted from the game. We will be playing by the rules.
[*]Yes, this could take forever. Strap in for the long haul, we are going to have a winner.
[*]Generally speaking, I will be rolling the dice, and posting the rolled dice here in the thread. I might change that, and allow the player who would be rolling them to roll them instead, but they will still have to be posted here. I recommend this site for such needs.

That being said, I do have something I wish to ask: Do you wish to play with secret mission cards? (Every player gets an objective at the beginning of the game, which they can keep secret or reveal at their discretion. Completion of this mission entails their victory) I personally have never played with them, but I can see how people might like them more.

Alright, let us open the gates!
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Re: RISK - A Game of War - Sign-Ups and Discussion

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:22 pm

I'm game :D

(please dear GOD do not have special mission cards)
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Endless Sea on Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:13 am

As am I. :)
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:55 pm

I might be in, depending.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby H22 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:50 pm

Okay, I'm in. Depending on the date and time, being in a rather inconvenient place.
In life, he suffered from a sense of unreality, as do many Englishmen.
H22

Return to Off Topic