Maid RPG

Anything goes.

Maid RPG

Postby Anura on Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:16 pm

People showed some interest in the Chatter thread. So, shit, let's make this happen.

Maid RPG is... you know what, I'll just link you this. They do a better job of explaining than I could. It's a rules-light game that's very easy to pick up, and character generation is completely random. Well, technically the only part that has to be random is the stats, but it's much more fun when the whole thing is randomized. In fact, even if you're not going to be playing, I recommend checking out the character generator anyway, just to see what it comes up with.

In the past, my standard practice has been to host the game on Chatzy since it's easy to use and has a built-in die roller. No virtual tabletops needed! Although I am open to other suggestions. I think I can run a game for 4-5 players, although since mayhem is the name of the game here, it might be possible to squeeze in more. But I'll refrain from slapping together a setting until I know that the game will actually run.
Anura

Re: Maid RPG

Postby Anura on Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:07 pm

So in the chat room we all decided that no one here is manly enough to play as a girl in a frilly dress. That's perfectly fine.
Anura

Postby SpiritfChaos on Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:24 pm

Anura wrote:So in the chat room we all decided that no one here is manly enough to play as a girl in a frilly dress. That's perfectly fine.

Is that a challenge?
I'm just a guy who wants to help save the world.
SpiritfChaos

Postby Pixelmage on Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:31 pm

Anura wrote:So in the chat room we all decided that no one here is manly enough to play as a girl in a frilly dress. That's perfectly fine.

*politely points Anura toward the first RP*

*smiles*
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Anura on Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:55 am

Okay. If you want to play, start posting characters from the generator (or rolled up yourself, if you happen to have a copy of the rulebook). Please use the following parameters:

• All colours set to random.
  • 3 Special Qualities.
  • Relationship either at Relationship or disabled.
  • Trauma disabled.
  • Weapon enabled.

EDIT: I've noticed that the character generator is a little bit broken. Some of the settings don't seem to work, and a few of the qualities have the wrong descriptions. I'll try and clear things up. Or you could use a different generator: http://misc.iwakuroleplay.com/generator ... erator.php
Anura

Postby narrativedilettante on Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:01 am

Okay, let me know if this is how you want it or if there's anything you'd like me to change.

Name: Angelica

Maid Types: Boyish (Athletics +1, Skill -1). and Pure (Affection +1, Cunning -1)

Athletics: 3
Affection: 2
Skill: 2
Cunning: 2
Luck: 2
Will: 1
Favor: 4
Spirit: 10

She is earnest, single-minded, and tries her very best.

Uniform: Navy.
Hair: Silver.
Eyes: Green.

Special Qualities
1: They are actually a guy.
2: She wears glasses.
3: She is an android/gynoid.

Stress Explosion: She hides in her room and won′t come out even for food.

Roots: She works as a maid to punish herself for past sins or inexperience.

Weapon: A ray gun that looks like something out of a crappy-ass sci-fi movie.

Maid Power: Ultimate Retort: She can blow off an opponent completely by delivering a good retort (GM decides). She can make it impossible to defend against this by taking 2 Stress. (This must be role-played).
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:17 pm

Name: Hannah

Maid Types: Childlike. and Pure

Athletics: 1
Affection: 2
Skill: 1
Cunning: 1
Luck: 3
Will: 3

She is described as sweet, cute and clean.

Uniform: Silver.
Hair: Gray.
Eyes: Indigo.

Special Qualities
1: She is actually the daughter of a family of even greater standing of the master.
2: She's exceptionally shy, and has trouble opening up to new people.
3: She is actually a fox in human guise, and can display or hide her tail and ears at will.

Stress Explosion: She uses every penny she has for gambling.

Roots: Her family wound up with massive debts, and she found herself coming to work at the mansion as repayment.

Weapon: She wields a crude weapon like a metal pipe or bat with nails in it.

Maid Power: Due to her notable Luck, she has the ability Karma. She can use her Luck to dodge an attack, and if [the player] rolls a 10 or higher she cause twice as much Stress to the opponent.
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:34 pm

Athletics: 3
Affection: 1
Cunning: 3
Luck: 1
Uniform Color: gray
Hair Color: navy
Eye Color: pink
Maid Types: Sexy, Boyish
Special Qualities: Princess, Runaway Ninja, Killer
Favored Attribute: Cunning
Maid Power: Punishment
Maid Roots: Orphan
Maid Weapon: Ray Gun
Stress Explosion: Shopping

Your name is Liana. You are 19 years old. You have pink eyes and navy hair, and wear a gray uniform. You are sexy and boyish; others describe you as coquettish, wild and glamorous.

You are the actually the daughter of a family of even greater standing of the master. You ran away from your ninja village. You are a serial murderer.

You are an orphan adopted by the master or his parents. In combat, you pack a working ray gun that looks like a prop out of a 50s sci-fi B movie. When you are extremely upset, you go on a mad shopping spree. Due to your notable Cunning, you have the ability Punishment; When other maids make mistakes, you can gain the right to punish them, without them having a chance to make an opposed roll.
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Guyshane on Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:52 pm

Athletics: 0
Affection: 4
Cunning: 1
Luck: 4
Uniform Color: silver
Hair Color: purple
Eye Color: white
Maid Types: Pure & Lolita
Special Qualities: Android/Gynoid, Shy, Quiet
Favored Attribute: Luck
Maid Power: Teleport
Maid Roots: Infiltrator
Maid Weapon: Chainsaw
Stress Explosion: Binge

Your name is Ria. You are 20 years old. You have white eyes and purple hair, and wear a silver maid uniform. You are pure and childlike; others describe you as clean, fragile and maidenly.

You are not human, but rather a human-looking robot, with a number of overtly artificial features. You're exceptionally shy, and have trouble opening up to new people. You have a cool, subtle demeanor

You are a member of an organization that opposes the master, and you have been sent to spy on or even possibly assassinate him. In combat, you fight with a chainsaw. When you are extremely upset, you gorge yourself on food. Due to your notable Luck, you have the ability Teleport. You can go just about anywhere in the mansion instantly.
Last edited by Guyshane on Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby Anura on Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:05 pm

Nara, Eli and Qara are good. Shane, you only have 2 Special Qualities there.
Anura

Postby Guyshane on Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:16 pm

Okay do you mind if I just knock off shy then? I mean really I just copied what I got from the generator.
Guyshane

Postby Anura on Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:17 pm

I said you needed 3. You need to add one.
Anura

Postby Guyshane on Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:20 pm

Then can you just assign me a random one? I'd rather not scrap the whole character if possible.
Guyshane

Postby Lordxana0 on Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:05 pm

Athletics: 2
Affection: 4
Luck: 3
Uniform Color: gold
Hair Color: rainbow
Eye Color: pink
Maid Types: Sexy, Pure
Special Qualities: Knight, Quiet,Shy
Favored Attribute: Affection
Maid Power: Maiden's Tears
Maid Roots: Unrequited Love
Maid Weapon: Hammer
Stress Explosion: Binge

Your name is Natasha. You are 19 years old. You have pink eyes and rainbow hair, and wear a gold uniform. You are sexy and pure; others describe you as fragile, pure and curvy.

You speak in Knightly English, using ancient word forms and antiquated phrases such as "Thou Art."

Following your one-sided love of the master, you have come here. In combat, you wield a hammer, either a claw hammer, a warhammer or a squeaky toy hammer. When you are extremely upset, you gorge yourself on food. Due to your notable Affection, you have the ability Maiden's Tears; By taking 2d6 Stress, you can make a request that can't be refused. (This must be roleplayed.)
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Postby agoraoptera on Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:58 pm

Uniform Color: Indigo
Hair Color: Sky blue
Eye Color: Brown
Maid Types: Cool & Heroic
Special Qualities: Nekomimi, Addict, Assassin
Favored Attribute: Luck
Maid Power: Foreboding
Maid Roots: Hereditary Maid
Maid Weapon: Magic
Stress Explosion: Joyride

Your name is Katyusha. You are 22 years old. You have brown eyes and sky blue hair, and wear an indigo maid uniform. You are cool and heroic; others describe you as unflappable, expressionless and indominable.

You are a catgirl, possessing a variety of feline features. You are physically and psychologically addicted to a drug of some kind. On the surface, you are nothing more than a mere maid; beneath, you are secretly a cold-hearted killer for hire.

You were born into a family that has served the mansion for generations. In combat, you use magic to attack your foes. When you are extremely upset, you get into whatever vehicle is handy and go for a joyride at at least twice the speed limit. Due to your notable Luck, you have Foreboding. You can tell when something dangerous is about to happen.

Athletics: 2
Affection: 3
Skill: 1
Luck: 4
If you can make it better, don't make it sentient.

agoraoptera wrote: :| Shane just because I'm Asian doesn't mean I get to be Godzilla

Proud co-writer of the Greatest Idea of Our Time: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1236
agoraoptera

Postby Anura on Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:24 pm

Shane's good now, and Xana's and agora look good too. And at 6 players, I'm pretty much done.

So, as a problem brought up in chat: I'm used to playing this in a chatroom, but that brings up timezone issues. Especially with a player count this high. But my experiences with PbP games tend towards the "fizzles out within a few weeks" end of the spectrum, whereas spending a couple hours playing together online at least ensures that something manages to happen. Any thoughts on this?
Anura

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:37 pm

There's an online tool (I think it's called doodle?) that we can use to find a time that works with everyone's schedule.

You set it up by listing the times that would work for you (and telling it how long the thing lasts) and then you give the link to us and it's like a poll; we check off whether we can definitely do a time, definitely not, or probably/ probably not.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby narrativedilettante on Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:13 am

Just a heads-up that I probably won't be available for another week. It's entirely likely that the game wouldn't get started until after that point anyway, but I just figured I'd mention it.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Anura on Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:50 pm

Well, we can start sorting it out by saying which timezone we're in. I operate on GMT, which is +0000.
Anura

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:08 pm

I'm on EST -5
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Scarab on Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:04 am

You guys are gonna stream this, right?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby narrativedilettante on Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:15 am

I'm Pacific Time, which is usually -8 but I think is actually -7 right now because DST went into effect where I live but not in England yet?

Also I'm actually in a different time zone at the moment but I'll be home within a couple of days.

(And I have no idea whether streaming this would work or not but if it's an option we might as well try to do it.)
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby agoraoptera on Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:32 am

GMT +8:00
If you can make it better, don't make it sentient.

agoraoptera wrote: :| Shane just because I'm Asian doesn't mean I get to be Godzilla

Proud co-writer of the Greatest Idea of Our Time: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1236
agoraoptera

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:05 am

I'm on whatever timezone eli is. I think that's -4 until the UK does the time change at which point we're back to -5 but anyway I am the same as eli.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Anura on Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:15 am

One on -8, one on +8? This is going to be fun...

As for streaming, I don't plan on it, but I'll save the logs to make an after action report. Perhaps we could make it into a short collab fic, even. IDK.
Anura

Next

Return to Off Topic