Enemy Mind & Steam Usernames?

Anything goes.

Re: Enemy Mind & Steam Usernames?

Postby Victin on Wed May 28, 2014 9:41 pm

If anyone wants my Steam Username to add me or whatever Steam is up to, I think I'm Victin, or VictinDotZero. I don't know, steam was shifting between that and vitorlppf for me @_@
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Anura on Thu May 29, 2014 8:19 am

I'm anura17, if anyone wants to add me. That's my account name, at least; my profile name is just Anura.
Anura

Postby Endless Sea on Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:09 pm

Welp, I now have Torchlight II and Don't Starve thanks to birthday moneys. yaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Also, more related to the actual topic at hand- this just popped up in my subscriptions.
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby Rick Healey on Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:01 pm

It occurs to me that I never shared my Steam name. 32_Footsteps.
I smiled when the wall was built, for I knew we were creating something incredible. And I smiled when it cracked, for the world would soon see what we had wrought.
Rick Healey
Puppetmaster

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:06 pm

Wait I thought you had.
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Connor Fallon on Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:48 pm

Enemy Mind is half off for the Steam Summer Sale, in case any of you didn't notice =P
Design Lead
@ConnorEFallon
Connor Fallon
Puppetmaster

Postby Krika on Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:06 pm

Connor Fallon wrote:Enemy Mind is half off for the Steam Summer Sale, in case any of you didn't notice =P

Make it 75% off and I'll probably have the money to get it.
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Postby Rick Healey on Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:35 pm

eli_gone_crazy wrote:Wait I thought you had.

I may have mentioned it on Twitter, but not in the forum previously.
I smiled when the wall was built, for I knew we were creating something incredible. And I smiled when it cracked, for the world would soon see what we had wrought.
Rick Healey
Puppetmaster

Postby Krika on Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:11 pm

So, on the topic of Steam, I have exactly enough to get Rogue Legacy, which is a game that I want to get, but I'm waffling over buying it since it'll basically lock me out of buying anything else in this sale (relying on money I get from selling cards). For the almost certain last game I could get this steam sale, would you all recommend grabbing it now, or waiting and seeing if something I want more comes on sale?
Krika
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Postby Sophira on Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:19 am

Personally, I'm going to be buying it.

If you want a taste of what it's like, TotalBiscuit has a good first impressions video on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSe8z_FB7iw .

Mind you, bear in mind also that the most popular Steam sales are almost certain to be offered again at the end of the sale. It might be that Rogue Legacy might be one of those sales.
Sophira
Puppetmaster

Postby Dryunya on Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:07 pm

Rogue Legacy might get a discount soon. It's being voted upon.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Pixelmage on Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:45 pm

Dryunya wrote:Rogue Legacy might get a discount soon. It's being voted upon.

The catch with Rogue Legacy, to me, is that I watched Adell's Let's Play of it. So... I already know the game. Not saying I'd be any good at it playing myself, I generally take a while to get acclimated to anything that plays in real time, but I already know what to expect of it. Who are the bosses, what their patterns are, and such... So, I'm not interested in actually playing it myself anymore! :?
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby narrativedilettante on Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:46 pm

Pixelmage wrote:The catch with Rogue Legacy, to me, is that I watched Adell's Let's Play of it. So... I already know the game. Not saying I'd be any good at it playing myself, I generally take a while to get acclimated to anything that plays in real time, but I already know what to expect of it. Who are the bosses, what their patterns are, and such... So, I'm not interested in actually playing it myself anymore! :?

For me, that is a very good argument against ever watching Let's Plays.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Krika on Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:54 pm

narrativedilettante wrote:
Pixelmage wrote:The catch with Rogue Legacy, to me, is that I watched Adell's Let's Play of it. So... I already know the game. Not saying I'd be any good at it playing myself, I generally take a while to get acclimated to anything that plays in real time, but I already know what to expect of it. Who are the bosses, what their patterns are, and such... So, I'm not interested in actually playing it myself anymore! :?

For me, that is a very good argument against ever watching Let's Plays.

Yeah, but when it comes to games that I'm never going to play for whatever reason, or have already played, then I don't mind.
Krika
Guyshane
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Postby Pixelmage on Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:07 pm

narrativedilettante wrote:For me, that is a very good argument against ever watching Let's Plays.

It depends on the game, really.

Competitive and match based games, like any shooter or fighting game, Age of Empires, League of Legends, Hearthstone, etc. are actually nice to watch. The way those games work, watching other people play is a good way to motivate yourself and learn more so you can play better...

On the other hand, story based games, even a roguelike like Rogue Legacy, are really limited in that aspect. Once you know the plot, seen the bosses and the classes, there's not so much left to enjoy, at least from my personal perspective...

Which is why I generally watch LPs in two general situations; One is watching to learn, seeing the professional players of any game I happen to be interested in to see how it works and get strategies flowing in my head. Pretty straightforward reason, it's like reading through notations of historical chess matches to learn good strategies.

And two, watching through games I can't play or simply don't want to bother. For instance I don't have a PS3, but I would really like to see what that inFamous deal is about, might as well catch someone on youtube and tag along for the ride. Or, for example, some games that require a significant deal of investment to open up... For example, if I want to see the World of Warcraft story line: Never mind the money cost of buying the game and the monthly fees, to so much as access certain parts of the content I'd have to spend literal days worth of grind time in order to be able to fight a boss or such big things. It's not exactly practical, so I might as well tag a youtuber for the coverage of the event-relevant parts of the game.

... On a note related to the topic, though, I'm definitely going to pick up Enemy Mind sometime soon. I just haven't yet because as a rule of thumb, I don't buy stuff at the sales-long discount before the last day, just in case it pops up in a flash or daily sale. :)
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Sophira on Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:09 pm

Dryunya wrote:Rogue Legacy might get a discount soon. It's being voted upon.

It was also a daily deal two days ago, and flash sales don't give any better of a discount than the daily deals, in my experience! I know I got Rogue Legacy in that deal. Been playing it a *lot* since.
Sophira
Puppetmaster

Postby narrativedilettante on Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:27 pm

Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Previous

Return to Off Topic