Forum Mafia: Round 2

Anything goes.

Re: Forum Mafia: Round 2

Postby JackAlsworth on Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:07 am

Endless, you were only two-thirds wrong. I was the godfather.
JackAlsworth

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:09 am

JackAlsworth wrote:Endless, you were only two-thirds wrong. I was the godfather.

^_^ Jack is my godfather. (Okay this is not really a reveal I'm pretty sure everyone knew I was mafia by now EVEN THOUGH MY "ACTING SUSPICIOUS" WAS EXACTLY HOW I HAD PLANNED TO ACT BEFORE RECEIVING MY ROLE which just goes to show that I am a terrible and suspicious person :D)
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby RussetDivinity on Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:29 pm

I guess there's no point hiding it now: I was a Mason.
Jubilation and despair are two sides of the same coin.
RussetDivinity

Postby Sophira on Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:38 pm

So, some numbers:

For the Mafia to win at this point, we must have had 4 mafioso. Dryu, of course, was one of them. We know from his reveal that Jack was another. I suspect Qara and Krika are the other two. (I wrote this bit before seeing Qara's reveal above, so.)

There were three Masons; Russ and I were two of them. I'll leave it to you to determine who the other Mason was, unless they wish to reveal themselves before Anura's reveal post.
Sophira
Puppetmaster

Postby Sophira on Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:46 pm

BTW, I didn't want to reveal this during the game for obvious reasons, but since phpBB by default doesn't give you a "reply to all" function for PMs, and we needed to be able to reply to all of us, I installed a mod to give a way for us to do so easily. But revealing that during the game might have aroused suspicion that I was either in the Mafia or the Masons.

Anura: I hope that was okay with you, because I did realise that potentially other people could see the new action and possibly wonder why I installed it. (I did note that during the entire game, I didn't seem to have any lynch votes cast on me at all, so... I really hope that I didn't spoil the game.)

Although that said, the Mafia would also have had access to it and they would have put me on their hit list. So... hmm.
Sophira
Puppetmaster

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:47 pm

My guess is Qara, Krika, and JackAlsworth for mafia. I was nothing special..
eli_gone_crazy

Postby JackAlsworth on Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:48 pm

Not getting any lynch votes just means you're doing something right. ;)
JackAlsworth

Postby narrativedilettante on Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:49 pm

Honestly, having a reply to all feature would be useful for all sorts of reasons so I think it's a good change to make anyway.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Sophira on Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:56 pm

Oh, I totally agree; I actually didn't realise before this game that phpBB didn't have one by default, though, so this game was the earliest time I could add it.

BTW, have an analysis I posted in the super-secret Mason PM thread after Day 2's lynching:

Sophira wrote:Well, this is interesting. I hadn't actually wanted to give Dryu a lead, but just to see the effects from how people voted. But it looks like we found one. I don't think this would have happened without the Masons' help, even though I did change my vote later. Nice work.

For reference (since we don't get to see a history), here were the final votes for Day 2:

Players:

Victin votes for Krika
narrativedilettante votes for Dryu
Qara-Xuan Zenith votes for Sicon
eli_gone_crazy votes for Dryu
Endless Sea votes for Dryu
JackAlsworth votes for Victin
Krika votes for Narra.
Tohrinha is dead. (Town)
Pixelmage votes for Jack
Sicon112 votes for Russ
Dryunya votes for Jack
RussetDivinity votes for Dryu
LordXana0 is dead (Town)
Sophira votes for Jack

12 players, majority at 7 votes.

Dryu has 4 votes
Jack has 3 votes
Krika has 1 vote
Sicon has 1 vote
Narra has 1 vote
Russ has 1 vote
Victin has 1 vote

Based on this, my interpretations:

• narrativedilettante, eli_gone_crazy, Endless Sea and you voted for Dryu. They are probably not Mafia. If they were, they'd have changed their vote - unless Jack is also Mafia, which I find unlikely in the circumstances.
  • That leaves Victin, Qara, Jack, Krika and Pixel (excluding us two, obviously). Most likely, one of these (probably two) are Mafia.

Assuming I'm right about my guess with Krika, I'd say I did pretty well narrowing the focus down, although I did find Jack's involvement unlikely. Hint for future mafioso: Deliberately voting to lynch one of your own (and having them actually get lynched) will definitely get some attention off your back.
Sophira
Puppetmaster

Postby Anura on Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:10 pm

I ninja-edited the final reveal into the OP a few hours back. Check it if you like.
Anura

Postby Dryunya on Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:14 pm

I was so, SO tempted to go down with a maniacal laugh and a My Death Is Only The Beginning monologue. Anura beat me to it - I thought I had bought myself more time by forcing a brief draw. Didn't want to do it after being killed... Well, maybe just a little. :twisted:

Now, Rick was going to tell me where I screwed up so much. Ahh I was so cooperative and I voted for mafia all the time why would you lynch me guys
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby narrativedilettante on Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:22 pm

Anura wrote:I ninja-edited the final reveal into the OP a few hours back. Check it if you like.

I actually noticed and was waiting to see if anybody else would think to look.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Krika on Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:36 pm

So yeah, I was Mafia the entire time, and yet didn't get particularly near to getting lynched! I consider that a success.

To be perfectly honest, I didn't actually roll a dice for my first vote, I just defaulted to Narra after a train of bad logic, so no, my dice don't actually hate you, Narra! And I used a deck of cards to help decide on one of the Mafia votes as well (Xana was the King of Hearts!).

But basically when I realized that having extremely overt randomness could actually deflect suspicion away from me, I whole-heartedly embraced it.
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Postby narrativedilettante on Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:39 pm

So not only were you making decisions randomly, you also LIED about making a decision randomly when it wasn't random at all!

*shakes fist*
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Victin on Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:39 pm

Krika wrote:So yeah, I was Mafia the entire time, and yet didn't get particularly near to getting lynched! I consider that a success.

Weren't you tied with Dryu for most of Day 2? O.o
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby JackAlsworth on Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:41 pm

That was me.
JackAlsworth

Postby Krika on Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:41 pm

narrativedilettante wrote:So not only were you making decisions randomly, you also LIED about making a decision randomly when it wasn't random at all!

*shakes fist*

Hey, admitting that would have weakened my position and brought about suspicion as to whether or not I was being truly random or not.

Also you were actually the second person I rolled on my first real one. The true first one was Qara, but I didn't want to random-vote for a fellow Mafia so early, before I could establish my randomness as absolute.

So fuck yeah, going all trickster up in here.
Krika
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Postby narrativedilettante on Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:42 pm

Krika.

You are making it very difficult to trust you in the future.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Krika on Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:47 pm

eli_gone_crazy wrote:
Victin wrote:
eli_gone_crazy wrote:Where did you get dying from vic? I vote for Dryunya, not Krika, at this present time.

He attracts attention to himself to get himself killed. That's where.

Which is why we shouldn't kill him YET because he's too useful to be immediately killed.

See that quote? I managed to be considered by some people for a short time too useful to be lynched. I was very happy when that happened.

And besides, I was Mafia. Of course I wasn't going to be honest!
Krika
Guyshane
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Postby Pixelmage on Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:48 pm

narrativedilettante wrote:Krika.

You are making it very difficult to trust you in the future.

Conversely, it's now obvious that you both should have listened to me when I told everyone to kill Jack, and that I was the doctor therefore you should not have lynched me, instead, Qara would be lynched and she was mafia. :lol: *basks in the Contrived Coincidence*
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:57 pm

Being a normal townsperson wasn't much fun, so I spent the time guessing people's identities. ^_^ I had Qara and Jack under suspicion for mafia, but I wasn't quite sure what Krika was, though I was beginning to suspect he was faking at least some of the randomness as time went on. Victin and Pixel made it obvious which side they were on, and I had Endless pegged as a townie-aligned player, possibly the cop or a mason. I knew I would get either lynched or killed within the first three rounds, so I said as little as possible to delay for as long as I could and give me time to examine the other players. I managed to bait Qara into voting for me to be lynched, and successfully drew Victin's attention to her next round, even though I knew by that point that the mafia would take care of me that night. What you were SUPPOSED to do was lynch QARA the next day, and you came so bloody close, until suddenly people decided to lynch PIXEL who was obviously the Doctor. >.< After that I just shrugged and sat back to watch the townies burn.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Victin on Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:02 pm

>_> I blame Pixel for claiming to be the Doctor and for being all screwy @_@
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Sophira on Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:05 pm

To be fair, part of that was my fault. After that analysis I quoted up there from the Mason PM thread, I looked at Victin's analysis, where I noted that the only things Victin said about Pixel were his votes, and Pixel was listed as unknown. If Victin was a Townie, then Pixel may not have been Mafia. If he was, he may also have been.

Since Pixel showed up as possibly Mafia in my analysis, and Victin didn't say anything in his (though Day 2's lynching hadn't happened yet and Dryu hadn't been revealed as Mafia), I figured there may have been a greater than normal chance of him being Mafia. After a bit more discussion, we decided to go for him. But yeah, that was basically really not a good idea anyway, since outing yourself as the Doctor, even if you're lying, can only lead to trouble.

I'll admit, what I find interesting is that even after my analysis saying that Endless was probably innocent, Dilly still decided to switch. I'm curious - why did you do that, Dilly?
Sophira
Puppetmaster

Postby Endless Sea on Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:17 pm

For the record, I voted for Pixel part because I figured he was lying, part because he was acting way too smug about it for my tastes, and part because dammit you do not reveal your hand in Mafia! That's not how it works! >:O
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby Victin on Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:18 pm

Sophira wrote:Since Pixel showed up as possibly Mafia in my analysis, and Victin didn't say anything in his (though Day 2's lynching hadn't happened yet and Dryu hadn't been revealed as Mafia), I figured there may have been a greater than normal chance of him being Mafia. After a bit more discussion, we decided to go for him.

Hold on a little: as I mentioned on my analysis, everyone tagged as Unknown was suspicious of being Mafia. But everyone had a different reason, some I thought were more blatant (so I mentioned them along) some that even if they were about the people I mentioned, I decided to keep out. Because really, if I were to say why I think everyone is/isn't Town/Mafia and/or a Power Role or not, it'd take quite a while. Thus why I made everyone Unknown in my second analysis.

Though in hindsight, all of my Mason predictions were wrong, I did in fact tag Qara and Jack as "possibly Mafia or Mason", which makes me glad. But it seems I forgot to take that in account afterwards, didn't I? >.<
Victin

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic