Let's Roast Xana

Anything goes.

Let's Roast Xana

Postby narrativedilettante on Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:02 am

Okay guys.

Xana's birthday is the 18th, and he has requested a Roast.

If you're unfamiliar with the concept, basically that's where you take a person and make a bunch of jokes at his/her expense.

I'll be orchestrating this shindig. Right now I'm thinking it should be held in the chatroom, or possibly in a special chatroom created just for that purpose; I haven't made up my mind yet.

If you would like to be a Roaster, please PM me here or in the chatroom. I may also contact individuals that I think would be well suited. If you just want to be in the audience you don't have to worry about contacting me.

Exact time is yet to be determined. I'm thinking noon PDT (that's UTC -8 if I have my timezones correct) but if wiggling the time one way or the other makes things easier for a clear majority of us, then it could be adjusted. And of course, if something comes up in Xana's schedule, we will shift to accommodate him, because it's no fun roasting someone who isn't there.

I've never roasted someone before. This should be fun!
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Re: Let's Roast Xana

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:45 am

Can you...uh...exclude me?

Because I'm a sensitive person and don't really appreciate it if the jokes start talking about me raging.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby narrativedilettante on Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:09 am

The jokes will all be about Xana, not about anyone else.

We can make fun of him because he's asked us to. If we were to do this kind of thing with someone who DIDN'T want us to, that would be cruel and unconscionable, but since this is a special birthday request made by the person we will be roasting, it will all be in good fun.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby JRPictures on Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:49 am

narrativedilettante wrote:
The Wild West Pyro wrote:Can you...uh...exclude me?

Because I'm a sensitive person and don't really appreciate it if the jokes start talking about me raging.

The jokes will all be about Xana, not about anyone else.

We can make fun of him because he's asked us to. If we were to do this kind of thing with someone who DIDN'T want us to, that would be cruel and unconscionable, but since this is a special birthday request made by the person we will be roasting, it will all be in good fun.

Yeah don't worry about it Pyro. As Narra said it is all in good fun. None of the jokes here are in any way meant to be insulting or meant to hurt the person focused on here.

Even up the more well known comedy roasts out there since that can be extremely offensive and filled to the brim with swear words and extremely messed up gags are still well meaning in the end.

But yeah something tells me this roast should be very fun. :D
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:38 am

Very well, I'll participate if he wants us to...
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Scarab on Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:01 pm

Oh so THAT'S what this is.

Um... no, no I really don't think I should be participating in this, well meaning or no (I know he's asked for this, I know nobody means badly by it it's "all in good fun" as they say, butI have anxiety problems and I'm not going to make fun out of insulting somebody.

Happy birthday Xana, I'll try to make you a picture or something but otherwise, you can count me out.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Dryunya on Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:20 pm

That's the second time I'm asked to do a normally bad thing in good conscience. :|
I'll come over, but, uh, I can't guarantee I'll be comfortable with joking at Xana's expense. And "your mom" jokes clearly don't fit the theme.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby narrativedilettante on Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:00 pm

The Roast starts in three hours from the time I'm posting.

If you have any interest in being a Roaster, it's not too late! Just let me know. Drop-ins are also welcome, just message me before you start in with the insults. I'd like to keep this thing slightly organized.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby narrativedilettante on Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:00 pm

http://www.neatchat.com/?id=d581be1545393ec4b66322b5a1ad35d9

This is the room where we'll be doing the roasting.

Hurry over if you're a roaster, or if you're not a roaster, hurry over to be a spectator! The more witnesses we have, the more fun this will be. :twisted:
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:55 pm

narrativedilettante wrote:http://www.neatchat.com/?id=d581be1545393ec4b66322b5a1ad35d9

This is the room where we'll be doing the roasting.

Hurry over if you're a roaster, or if you're not a roaster, hurry over to be a spectator! The more witnesses we have, the more fun this will be. :twisted:

NO I MISSED IT SCREW YOU DIFFERENT TIME ZONE
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby Sophira on Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:59 pm

With Xana's permission, I made one of my chat logs of the roast and uploaded it publicly: http://neo.theblob.org/2014-06-18.xana-roasting.html .

Happy birthday, Xana. :)
Sophira
Puppetmaster

Return to Off Topic