To keep track of the third round of the voting:

Narra has voted to lynch eli.
Endless has voted to lynch eli.
Qara has voted to lynch Endless.
eli has abstained from voting.
Russet has voted to lynch Endless.
Dryu has voted to lynch Qara.

Yet to vote: Tohr, Victin, Blur
Last edited by Rick Healey on Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I smiled when the wall was built, for I knew we were creating something incredible. And I smiled when it cracked, for the world would soon see what we had wrought.
Rick Healey
Puppetmaster

Re: Mafia Round 3 - you shouldn't trust anyone

Postby RussetDivinity on Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:10 am

I'm going to have to go with Qara. eli's been nothing but a sweetheart this whole time. Why would we want to kill her? But then, I'm fond of narra, so I think we ought to kill Endless instead.
Jubilation and despair are two sides of the same coin.
RussetDivinity

Postby Rick Healey on Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:28 am

Um... which are you voting for, Endless or Qara?
I smiled when the wall was built, for I knew we were creating something incredible. And I smiled when it cracked, for the world would soon see what we had wrought.
Rick Healey
Puppetmaster

Postby Endless Sea on Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:09 pm

Me, evidently. D:
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby RussetDivinity on Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:42 am

I'm voting for Endless. I meant that I agreed with Qara.
RussetDivinity

Postby Rick Healey on Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:08 am

It's been six days; I'm going to start the clock - voting will end tomorrow at 7 PM.
Rick Healey
Puppetmaster

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:49 am

Normally I don't approve of strategic voting, but this bloodthirstiness cannot be allowed to stop. While in my heart I know dilly to be the instigator, endless is just as culpable in the attempted murder of the one blameless person in this town. Therefore, if that is what it takes to save my legbuddy, I change my vote to Endless.
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Dryunya on Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:47 pm

It'ss time to end thisss.
I vote for Qara.
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Rick Healey on Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:08 pm

With the numbers dwindling, there's heightened tensions in the meeting hall. Were they afraid to speak up? Were they merely just waiting out the hours? One thing's for sure, the tie vote would surely keep folks safe...

Until the message arrived again. Once again, the mayor's office had gotten involved and broke the tie. Despite the cry, the plea for peace and an end to the killing, eli was taken to the gallows. Sadly, she had good reason to call for peace - eli is the latest member of the town to be lynched.

Night falls; we're nearing the final day, all appropriate parties should PM me.
Rick Healey
Puppetmaster

Postby Rick Healey on Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:28 pm

Okay, now that all relevant parties have gotten back to me...

Gloom hangs over the town, as the numbers have dwindled. There's the definite sense that, if something isn't done soon, the entire town is doomed. And as the townfolk gather again, that doom becomes all the more palpable, as near the town square, Tohrinha lays, eyes rolled back, face swollen. It appears if something made her tongue swell, blocking her airways. It's an unfortunate way for yet another member of the town to go.
Rick Healey
Puppetmaster

Postby RussetDivinity on Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:58 pm

Endless killed my sister as revenge for my voting against him! He also stole my plan to kill my sister! We need to do something, and that something is to kill Endless and have a bake sale at the funeral to plan how to bring back the tourists.
RussetDivinity

Postby Endless Sea on Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:05 pm

Qara, you went out of your way to vote for me at the last second, and I refuse to let that stand. *votes for Qara*
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby narrativedilettante on Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:43 pm

I'm starting to suspect that Rick is having us all on, and there are in fact no Mafia in our town at all. Under those circumstances, the only thing that would make sense is to vote no-lynch.

However, doing so would go against my better instincts, which instruct me to KEEP KILLING UNTIL WE KILL THE RIGHT PEOPLE. I vote for Qara.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:43 pm

There is some sort of sickening conspiracy going on, and the most blameless people have suffered for it. This will not stand. I don't know whether Dilly or Endless is the ringleader, but as Russ pointed out, they killed her sister after she tried to act against them-- and now they're going after me, for trying to prevent the death of my legbuddy (who, as we all know now, was as blameless as she acted)!

This leaves me no choice but to vote for endless and hope this meaningless bloodshed ceases already.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Dryunya on Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:31 pm

My vote standsss.

Qara. :ugeek:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Rick Healey on Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:29 am

Russ has voted to lynch Endless.
Endless has voted to lynch Qara.
Narra has voted to lynch Qara.
Qara has voted to lynch Endless.
Dryu has voted to lynch Qara.
Blur has voted to lynch Endless.
Victin has voted to not lynch.

All votes are in; there will be 24 hours to allow people an opportunity to change voting, if they desire. Voting will close at 6 PM Eastern, August 6.
Last edited by Rick Healey on Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rick Healey
Puppetmaster

Postby Blurred_9L on Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:26 am

No... more dead bodies... the voices... they tell me... No!

They tell me to vote for Endless. :|
Why should we do the right thing?
-Well... because it's the right thing to do, there's no other good reason.

Am I a bad guy trying to be good, or a good guy trying to convince himself that he's not the bad guy?
Blurred_9L

Postby Victin on Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:18 pm

Uh... I think I'll abstain from voting.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:48 pm

Some abstract, out-of-character thoughts: as of now, the votes are all in. There's a tie. Which is good for me, right? It lets me off the getting-killed hook, so my instinct is to be happy.

Except the town's been dropping like flies so far, and the day-lynches are our only way to even the odds-- so far it's been a failure, but better a slim chance than none at all, right?

So the logical thing for me to do would be to change my vote to force a lynch. Except the only way I can do that is to force my own lynch, and while my initial thought was "yes go be altruistic and die so the town can have a fighting chance," that only works if I'm mafia, and while there are rules against revealing our hands, I obviously don't suspect myself so I'd just be killing off a member of the town faster, which is stupid, so better no lynch than a wrong one.

I guess I can only hope that either the mayor de-tie-ifies us, or that endless and I are both town anyway and it's a good thing for us to survive.

Of course, if someone else makes the same connections and draws other conclusions, I will understand if you make the decision to murder me after all.

But don't expect me not to say "I told you so" when I turn out to be town.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Rick Healey on Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:32 pm

The town was in a furious standoff... with numbers dwindling, it was clear that the time for the community was running out. There was deadlock in the town hall once again...

Until the fateful messenger arrived once again. The mayor's office was still active. And it submitted its vote on a card with but a single name.

Qara.

Noting how everyone would rue their mistake, she swore her innocence to the gallows. Investigation proved that no instruments of murder were at her house; Qara was a townie to the end.

As a warning, the actions of the final night may have made this the last vote; there is one way the town could prevail. We'll see if it comes to pass.
Rick Healey
Puppetmaster

Postby Rick Healey on Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:53 pm

Finale:

The fall of the town was slow, but inexorable. Dryunya was the next victim of the unfortunate line of deaths. Few records came after that; panic remained, and nobody could stop the tide. It was unfortunate, yes, to see such a boomtown fade in a flash of recrimination.

Years later, when the gold mine was attempted to be used again, speculators found an old skeleton hidden near the underground lake where the town had drawn its water. By its side were some relics of the war; it's likely a soldier had died there years ago. Later analysis showed that he suffered from a nasty bacterial infection, which later infected the water that the town had depended on for life. Paranoia had taken hold, and... well, it's sad to say, but the town lost, consumed by its fear.

Wrap-up:

I'll admit that it was more than a little evil of me, but I actually ran you through the Black Death scenario. There was no mafia. I was the one who randomly chose who died during the night phase - I rolled randomly to see which person was marked for death, and then typed up the lynch post. NarrativeDilletante was the Mayor, while Dryunya, Victin, Sophira, and Tohrinha were all doctors. You had two win scenarios. One, if the doctors had pulled off three saves (combined, not one doctor getting three saves individually), they would have discovered the disease and found a cure. Two, if you guys voted to get rid of me, I would have given you full credit for it and called it a win for everyone (on the theory of the town casting aside faith in God and trusting science to have the answer).

For the record, Blur, you were apparently the most trustworthy - the doctors by far overwhelmingly voted to save you.
Rick Healey
Puppetmaster

Postby Blurred_9L on Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:58 pm

Rick Healey wrote:
For the record, Blur, you were apparently the most trustworthy - the doctors by far overwhelmingly voted to save you.

I'm playing some kind of fantasy schizophrenic character and you deem me the most trustworthy? .-.

I am both amused and weirded out by this. :|
Why should we do the right thing?
-Well... because it's the right thing to do, there's no other good reason.

Am I a bad guy trying to be good, or a good guy trying to convince himself that he's not the bad guy?
Blurred_9L

Postby narrativedilettante on Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:01 am

narrativedilettante wrote:I'm starting to suspect that Rick is having us all on, and there are in fact no Mafia in our town at all. Under those circumstances, the only thing that would make sense is to vote no-lynch.

I frickin' CALLED IT except I didn't commit.

Curse, you, Rick.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:02 am

so my joke pacifist thing was ACTUALLY RIGHT.
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Rick Healey on Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:05 am

#EliWasRight
Rick Healey
Puppetmaster

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic