Mafia Bonus Round: TF2 Edition!

Anything goes.

Mafia Bonus Round: TF2 Edition!

Postby Anura on Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:25 pm

And what's the twist this time? Every single player will have a power role. No vanilla townies here!

Here's the setup: The Red team was going about their business one day, when suddenly everyone looks like the Soldier. Looks like the Blue team is doing something sneaky with Spy's tech... which is followed up by gunshots the next night. Problem is, the next morning there are still nine Soldiers in the room... and an extra one, making ten. This was enough to convince everyone that some people among them are in fact BLUE SPYS!!! And thus the great blame game begins...

• This game has a maximum of ten players.
  • Classes and colors are chosen randomly.
  • Each class will be represented only once (with the exception of the Gray player), and each one has a Red (town) or Blue (mafia) variant.
  • The tenth player is one of Gray Mann's robots who got mixed up in this somehow; he also has two variants, neither of which are aligned to Red or Blue. They have their own win condition separate from the others.
  • The game starts with an initial night phase. Each night, the Blue team (exact number unknown) may debate among themselves and then decide on who to kill. They then send one of their number to do the deed. The player sent to do the kill will be unable to use their ability that night, unless their ability triggers as part of the kill.
  • Every day, every player (Red, Blue or Gray) get one vote on who to lynch that day, or to not lynch anyone. These votes are public. If someone is lynched, they die and their allegiance is made public. Day phases last roughly a week, or until there's a majority lynch vote, whichever happens first. If time runs out, the highest number of votes carries it; in the case of a tie, no lynch takes place.
  • Dead players cannot interact with the game any further.
  • Upon death, the spy tech fails and reveals both their colour and their role.
  • The Red team wins when everyone who wants them dead is dead. This means the Blue team and the Gray Sniper, if he's in play.
  • The Blue team wins when their numbers are sufficient to freeze the day vote (i.e. they equal half the total remaining number of players). If the Gray Sniper is in play, he must also die before Blue can claim a victory.

Players:
  • Victin
  • Qara
  • Krika
  • Narra - Red Pyro (dead)
  • Tohr
  • Endless
  • Eli
  • Dryu
  • Sophira - Red Soldier (dead)
  • Jack - Blue Heavy (dead)

History
  • Day 1: No lynch
  • Night 1: Narra, Soph and Jack died.

The roles are:
  • RED SCOUT can drink a can of BONK! to become immune to death for one night. He can do this multiple times, but not two nights in a row.
  • BLUE SCOUT is the Godfather (who would ever suspect the Scout?). He is immune to investiagtion, although he will still turn blue upon death.
  • RED SOLDIER is a bodyguard. Every night, he may choose someone to guard; if that target would be killed, he dies instead. Only the person he was guarding is told that he had a bullet taken for him.
  • BLUE SOLDIER, if chosen to do the nightkill, will rocketjump into the target's house. He accidentally kills himself in the process, but the target will be so impressed by the sheer audacity that he will convert to the Blue team.
  • RED PYRO is a cop. He may spycheck someone every night, learning their team color.
  • BLUE PYRO may, once per game, when sent to do the nightkill, burn the body beyond all recognition. That target's role and color will not be revealed.
  • RED HEAVY, due to his large reserves of health, is immune to a nightkill. This only works once.
  • BLUE HEAVY can distract someone every night with his Sandvich; that person will have their night action cancelled.
  • RED DEMOMAN has a killswitch; if he is nightkilled, the Blue who killed him will also die. If he's lynched, then the one who cast the deciding vote will also die.
  • BLUE DEMOMAN has a detonator. At any time, even during the day, he may kill someone along with himself.
  • RED ENGINEER has all sorts of one-shot gadgets lying around, that he can use himself or give to another (if he does he'll leave it in their room; they'll find it the next morning, or he'll get it back if they die). This includes a scanner (reveals the target's team color), a health dispenser (protects someone from a nightkill) and a turret (kills someone at night). These all only work once. He could use all three in the same night if he wanted to.
  • BLUE ENGINEER can set up teleporters to swap two rooms around. Anything that would be done to one of the targets that night is instead done to the other.
  • RED SNIPER has gone all vigilante. He may kill someone every night.
  • BLUE SNIPER is an interceptor. He may keep watch on someone's room every night and kill one person who visits them (which one is decided at random). Any other visitors will see his laser pointer and learn his identity.
  • RED MEDIC is, of course, a doctor. Every night he may Ubercharge someone other than himself, rendering them immune to death for that night.
  • BLUE MEDIC is a poisoner. Only once during the game, he may poison someone at any time. That person will die the next night.
  • RED SPY may stalk someone every night, learning who they visited that night.
  • BLUE SPY is a traitor. He knows who's on the Blue team, but the Blue team kinda lost track of which of them was the actual Spy. He starts out aligned with the Red team (and a Red Pyro will see him as Red); however if the Blue team target him for a nightkill he will reveal himself to them claiming that he was actually really deep cover, and be accepted back into their ranks; he will be Blue aligned after that (and a Red Pyro will see him as Blue after that).
  • GRAY SPY has been sent to passively observe the two teams and gather intel. Regardless of which team wins, he also wins if he is still alive at the end to report back.
  • GRAY SNIPER has been sent to kill everyone on both teams. He will kill someone every night, and neither team can win while he is still at large. He wins if he is the last man standing.
Last edited by Anura on Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:55 pm, edited 22 times in total.
Anura

Re: Mafia Bonus Round: TF2 Edition!

Postby Victin on Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:37 pm

Eh... Sure, why not.

What could go wrong?
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:39 pm

I would like to sign up please!
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Krika on Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:54 pm

I shall participate.

EDIT: So the Blue team is the sorta-Mafia? And do they know who each other is?
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Postby Anura on Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:09 pm

Yeah, the Blue team all know each other. If there's a Blue Spy, they'll also know that there is one, although they won't know who it is.
Anura

Postby narrativedilettante on Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:26 pm

I'll join in. Assuming the fact that I've never played TF2 won't make much difference to the craziness of this setup. =P
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Tohrinha on Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:03 pm

I'll play in this one.
Tohrinha
Meta-Knight

Postby Endless Sea on Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:02 pm

Oh god so many roles to keep track of. Maybe I'll participate? Possibly? :|
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:30 am

SIGN ME UP NOW! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:36 am

'm in
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Dryunya on Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:51 am

This is gonna be insane. I'm in. :D
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Sophira on Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:16 pm

This could definitely be interesting. Potentially hectic, too. I'm going to give it a go.

I believe that makes me the tenth player!
Sophira
Puppetmaster

Postby Anura on Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:43 am

Indeed it does, Sophira. Signups are now closed. I'll be assigning roles shortly.
Anura

Postby Anura on Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:09 am

West, you've disabled PMs; I'll need you to turn them on for this.
Anura

Postby Anura on Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:01 am

*sigh*

West, I'll give you another 12 hours to activate PM's, or I'll have to kick you and restart the game.
Anura

Postby Sophira on Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:05 pm

If it helps, here's how to enable PMs:

1. Click on the "User Control Panel" tab at the top of any page.
2. Go to the "Board preferences" tab.
3. Make sure "Allow users to send you private messages" is set to "Yes", and then click the Submit button.
Sophira
Puppetmaster

Postby Anura on Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:37 pm

Well, I suppose I'll have to cut things here. Three days is more than enough.

Wild West Pyro has been removed from the game. Signups are re-opened with an additional slot, although I'll start the game with 9 players if enough time passes without someone coming in. All roles are revoked and will be redistributed at the start of the next game., and just to make that final here's the list:

Red Team:
Victin: Heavy
Qara: Pyro
Narra: Engineer
West: Medic
Dryu: Spy
Soph: Sniper

Blue Team:
Krika: Demoman
Tohr: Scout
Eli: Soldier

And Endless was the Gray Sniper.
Anura

Postby Endless Sea on Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:57 pm

Dammit, I don't get to kill everyone after all? D: Phooey. The one job that didn't require me to micromanage who was who.
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby Krika on Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:14 am

Endless Sea wrote:Dammit, I don't get to kill everyone after all? D: Phooey. The one job that didn't require me to micromanage who was who.

Yeah, being a wild-card is FUN.
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Postby JackAlsworth on Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:17 am

I'll hop in the server as a spectator. If no one else wants to take the tenth player slot, I'll jump in the game.
JackAlsworth

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:08 pm

narrativedilettante wrote:I'll join in. Assuming the fact that I've never played TF2 won't make much difference to the craziness of this setup. =P

All you need to know: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/V ... mFortress2
The Wiki: https://wiki.teamfortress.com
And the backstory: http://www.teamfortress.com/catchup/
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Dryunya on Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:05 pm

I was about to be sorry that I haven't checked this for a week, but the game hasn't advanced in any way. :|
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Anura on Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:16 pm

Yeah, this is kinda going nowhere...

Jack, I'm gonna have to ask you to jump in. You down with that?
Anura

Postby JackAlsworth on Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:14 pm

Absolutely. *checks loadout*
JackAlsworth

Postby Anura on Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:22 pm

Ballin'. I'll re-distribute the roles then.
Anura

Next

Return to Off Topic