The TV Tropes Revitalization Project

Anything goes.

The TV Tropes Revitalization Project

Postby Sophira on Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:15 pm

It looks like TV Tropes have a Kickstarter campaign going on right now for something called The TV Tropes Revitalization Project.

One interesting thing I noticed is the "About Us" section of that page. It's tucked away near the bottom, but it seems like Fast Eddie might not be the admin any more?

Also, I note the possibility of maybe a season 3 of Echo Chamber. I hope that comes to pass. :D

[edit: Link to the thread on the TV Tropes forums!]
Sophira
Puppetmaster

Re: The TV Tropes Revitalization Project

Postby JRPictures on Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:05 pm

Hmm very interesting, I've been hoping for the site to change up a bit (especially after I recognised how messed up the site has become in recent months) and this might just do it.

Too bad I'm not really in a position to donate, or even have an account to do so :P

Sophira wrote:One interesting thing I noticed is the "About Us" section of that page. It's tucked away near the bottom, but it seems like Fast Eddie might not be the admin any more?

Yep he's stepping down, it's the first thing stated on the TVT thread: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/posts.php?di ... 800&page=0

Sophira wrote:Also, I note the possibility of maybe a season 3 of Echo Chamber. I hope that comes to pass. :D

So do I. So do I. :D
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby narrativedilettante on Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:28 pm

:D

This is exciting!
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:09 am

A mobile version?

FINALLY MY ANDROID VERSION WON'T GET STUCK HALFWAY WHENEVER I WANT TO EDIT SOMETHING WOOOOOOO
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:10 am

A mobile version?

FINALLY MY ANDROID PHONE WON'T GET STUCK HALFWAY WHENEVER I WANT TO EDIT SOMETHING WOOOOOOO
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Scarab on Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:55 am

Man, this is a thread that needs more activity.

I particularly like the jewellery that they have available in some places :D
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Pixelmage on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:43 pm

Aye. Bumps here are nice. On my front - Kickstarter isn't exactly a platform I'm in and familiar with. What with international laws and whatnot I'm not exactly sure how it works from my burning pit in the tropics.

That said, they've already been funded; but sadly not yet reached the milestone for EC Season 3... So I'm considering donating as well anyway because Echo Chamber.
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby narrativedilettante on Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:21 pm

Pixelmage wrote:Aye. Bumps here are nice. On my front - Kickstarter isn't exactly a platform I'm in and familiar with. What with international laws and whatnot I'm not exactly sure how it works from my burning pit in the tropics.

That said, they've already been funded; but sadly not yet reached the milestone for EC Season 3... So I'm considering donating as well anyway because Echo Chamber.

As far as my understanding goes (I've pledged to quite a few Kickstarter projects from the US, and I've paid attention to the difficulties some people have spoken of with international pledges):

If you give at a level without any physical rewards, there should be no problem. Maybe an extra charge from your bank for an international transaction? But I wouldn't expect any hurdles.

If you want to get a physical reward, like a t-shirt or the calendar or whatever, things get a little more complicated. From a US perspective, there's nothing wrong with someone ordering merchandise to be shipped to a foreign country through a Kickstarter campaign. However, I've heard stories about packages being refused at the borders of other countries. David Malki ! discovered that some people had ordered Machine of Death games from a country where it's illegal to import board games, for instance. I wouldn't expect there to be any problems getting your reward delivered (though it may take a long time to get there), but I couldn't confidently say that there won't be. Brazil's import laws are not something I'm at all familiar with, so there may be unexpected challenges.

Hope that helps!
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby JRPictures on Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:17 am

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tv ... on-project

So the Kickstarter ends out with $105,186 from 3,109 backers, well over the original target and just over the third stretch goal for Echo Chamber S3 and I am pleased as punch :D
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby narrativedilettante on Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:58 pm

Yep! It's super exciting. I can't wait for more Echo Chamber.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:25 pm

Guys. Guys. Look. Look at the site, now. Just look at it. My god...
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby narrativedilettante on Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:22 am

IslaKariese wrote:Guys. Guys. Look. Look at the site, now. Just look at it. My god...

Aw, I didn't get around to playing with the beta they opened to backers before they changed the actual site.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Sophira on Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:01 pm

I must admit, I kinda like the look. They didn't mess around with the main content (except for what looks like a slight line spacing change?) and I have to admit, the new look is kinda nice.

That's not something I often say when it comes to site redesigns!
Sophira
Puppetmaster

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:57 pm

I like the new layout.

It's very convenient.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Return to Off Topic