Metaguard Xmas Xtravaganza Streams!

Anything goes.

Metaguard Xmas Xtravaganza Streams!

Postby Scarab on Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:16 am

Metaguard Xmas Streaming!

Since people have suggested an interest in it, I was thinking we could put together another streaming night in tribute to the season when, regardless of what we personally celebrate, we are all probably going to be at home and within reach of a computer at least during ONE point of the weeks!

So, who's down for doing some Streaming?

Rules so Far.
  • We'd basically use the same system we defined at Halloween - except this time, there is no Scary Games Only Limit.
  • Doing Christmas, Hannukah, Yule, or any other themed game is, of course, acceptable, but absolutely not required.
  • Everyone will get an hour to play if in single player, and an hour and a half if playing as part of a group.
  • No idea what non-game themed event we could use to start off the night this time around (I don't think there are as many Christmas stories as there are creepy horror), so taking suggestions for that!
  • If you're going to be playing in a group, try and organize amongst yourselves before letting me know!

But before we do all that, we need to know exactly who can take part! So...

The Doodle doc for the night is open HERE: http://doodle.com/vr365hzvynaenebp

Have fun!
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Re: Metaguard Xmas Xtravaganza Streams!

Postby Pixelmage on Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:27 am

As usual, I'm likely unable to join for playing or streaming, so I won't enter the doodle table. Also as usual, I'll probably be everywhere at the same time watching all of the things. *signs*
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Scarab on Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:47 am

Pixelmage wrote:As usual, I'm likely unable to join for playing or streaming, so I won't enter the doodle table. Also as usual, I'll probably be everywhere at the same time watching all of the things. *signs*

The current doodle timetable is for those who will BE THERE only, Pix, we haven't decided who's streaming yet :P
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:36 am

I won't know my times until sometime next week, but I'll try to remember to put everything in
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Krika on Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:26 pm

I've put in my best bet on the times - and now I just realized that I don't know if it takes into account my time zone or not - I assume that Scarab put it in the evening her times?

Anyway, the timing is awkward here because my family generally ramps up towards dinner starting around 5PM Eastern, so most of the second halves of those times I have no idea if I would be able to be around for most/any of them. Earlier times, if at all possible, would be better for me, but eh.

I would personally like to stream Dear Esther, but it's a single player game that's about 1.5 hours long for me to play, so...eh.
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Postby Endless Sea on Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:57 pm

I was gonna put up a topic today myself, but you beat me to it. :P I can continue my Slender: The Arrival LP if you guys want me to, or I could grab Mimsy and Sicon and we could do any of the other multiplayer games we have at our disposal- Warframe, Magicka, Torchlight II, Attack on Titan, and so on. Not sure if SDGO would work, but I hope it does- some of our best commentary comes from crazy Gandamu PvP. ^_^

(by the by, is it just me, or are Scarab's only available timeslots in the middle of the night for America? @_@)
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby narrativedilettante on Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:24 pm

Krika wrote:I've put in my best bet on the times - and now I just realized that I don't know if it takes into account my time zone or not - I assume that Scarab put it in the evening her times?

It tries to detect your time zone. Up top there's something that (for me) says "Time zone: Pacific Time". You can check and see if it lists the correct time zone for you.

These times are all pretty late at night for me. I could try to make a couple of days, but mostly I'm gonna have to prioritize sleep.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Endless Sea on Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:55 pm

...Apparently Scarab switched AM and PM.

Should we make a new doodle doc? :P
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby Krika on Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:39 am

Endless Sea wrote:...Apparently Scarab switched AM and PM.

We shouldn't have to. The numbers are accurate, it's just AM and PM that are switched.
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Postby Endless Sea on Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:20 am

Yeah, but will everyone notice?
Endless Sea

Postby Pixelmage on Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:03 am

Endless Sea wrote:Yeah, but will everyone notice?

You just pointed it out here.
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Anura on Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:07 pm

Hm... The Starlight Celebration, FFXIV's Xmas event, starts on the 18th. I'll give that some thought.
Anura

Postby Endless Sea on Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:52 pm

Pixelmage wrote:
Endless Sea wrote:Yeah, but will everyone notice?

You just pointed it out here.

Yeah, but will everyone notice? :P

Also, I just remembered that if anyone's interested, I could find a movie or anime for us to riff on? :P
Endless Sea

Postby narrativedilettante on Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:54 pm

Endless Sea wrote:...Apparently Scarab switched AM and PM.

Oh. I hadn't realized.

Revised my availability. I still have some conflicts, but a few of the times are more doable for me now.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:11 pm

T_T Nooooooooo All of the weekday times start half an hour after I leave for work and end half an hour before I get home. X_X
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:11 pm

=D MOAR STREAMING!

I'd love to throw my hat in the ring for either some sort of multiplayer thingy with the Triple Baka Brosquad - myself, Endless, and Sicon - or a continuation of my Dark Souls II streams. As it happens, there's a winter themed stage for the third DLC, so if I can wrap up my second chapter in the Old Iron King's tower, I could start on that. I've also never had any experience whatsoever with it, so it'd be a full-on blind run instead of being like my vague-recollection-filled march through the Dragon's Sanctum.

Not sure what days I'll be available on, though. Probably not any weekdays, since school is wrapping up for me. >_>
"The Apocalypse is basically just a tutorial." - Sicon112.

"Due to the ambiguity of this wording, I am unable to determine whether or not I am the leader of the X-Men!"
"UNIVERSE-BREAKING EPILEPSY RAVE!" - AMimsyBorogove
AMimsyBorogove

Postby JackAlsworth on Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:39 pm

I don't honestly know when I will and won't be busy this and next week, so I'll drop in when I'm available.
JackAlsworth

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:16 pm

He'll always be busy but never get presents.
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Endless Sea on Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:21 pm

Are we sure that the latest day we can do the streamathon is the twenty-fourth? Because we don't seem to be getting much activity yet. Maybe it should be a new year's stream or something.
Endless Sea

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:42 pm

I will not be available around new year's.
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Scarab on Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:54 am

Okay well,t his is problematic XD

Okay so I don't think we're able to match everyone up around the holiday season, and a couple of people who are here for Xmas will not be around for new Years. SO I'm going to make ANOTHER doodle and re-extend this throughout January (we'll probably be in greater need of the entertainment that month anyway, wouldn't you say?)

Consider the current Doodle null and void, guys :) I will get another one started in the next couple of days, and we'll rearrange a different time which will hopefully be better for all of us.
Scarab

Postby Pixelmage on Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:38 pm

Scarab wrote:[...] and we'll rearrange a different time which will hopefully be better for all of us.

All day every day! :D
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Endless Sea on Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:03 pm

I approve. :D
Endless Sea

Postby Endless Sea on Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:07 pm

(how many days is a couple)
Endless Sea

Postby IslaKariese on Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:47 pm

Endless Sea wrote:(how many days is a couple)

(two - but sometimes up to five)
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Next

Return to Off Topic