Mafia Gaiden: Assassin in the Castle

Anything goes.

Re: Mafia Gaiden: Assassin in the Castle

Postby Endless Sea on Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:49 pm

I thought it was Victin when he voted for Pixel. I don't know why he did that.

After that, the only real choice was eli. I dunno why Pix null-voted, either.
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby narrativedilettante on Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:57 pm

Early on I suspected that Eli was hinting she knew Pixel was the king, and therefore Eli was a guard...

I guess I was wrong on at least the latter part of that assumption!
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby Pixelmage on Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:58 pm

Endless Sea wrote:I dunno why Pix null-voted, either.

Whoever voted first would reveal all roles. If you voted for eli, and eli voted for you, both clearly avoided voting for me and it implies I'm the king - Assassin wins.

If eli voted first and picked me, I'd know she was the assassin because the guard knows the king's identity. This could end up in a win for the king faction, but it relied on eli taking the initiative AND voting for me.

If I voted first, it'd be a basically blind 50/50 gamble. The result would depend on whether I got the assassin or not; then another 50/50 for the assassin's death roll.

Taking point and talking and playing sketchy could mean I'm trying to draw attention for myself, and away from the king, meaning the assassin would likely vote for me, giving me a counter vote, which would then mean the guard could swing the majority and then we had one sliver of a chance of the assassin thinking my ploy was an attempt to take the bullet for the king, thus killing the guard with the death roll.

Odds. Lots of odds at play. I already expected losing, though. xD
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:47 am

I took the middle road. I made myself as obvious as possible in the beginning, and backed off in midgamein order to let you all play out and see what i could ascertain. The best part was i didn't have to do a thing, i just watched and put my vote to where it best allowed you all to implode
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Anura on Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:02 am

Apparently, the optimal strategy for this game is to simply vote at random, without giving any reason why you're voting that way.
Anura

Postby Victin on Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:29 pm

Endless Sea wrote:I thought it was Victin when he voted for Pixel. I don't know why he did that.

After that, the only real choice was eli. I dunno why Pix null-voted, either.

I considered voting for Pixel to disguise the fact I knew he was the king. At that point I had a suspicion Narra wasn't the assassin, and since it couldn't be me nor Pixel it had to be Endless or Eli. I was considering voting for eli when Pixel voted for me and it'd look suspicious if I didn't vote for him then. And the next thing I know is that everyone's voting for me ._.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Endless Sea on Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:17 pm

Well, everyone who isn't the assassin knows who the king is. Therefore, the only person who would vote for the king is either traitorous or the assassin.

:/
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby Anura on Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:23 pm

I'm gonna take a break from this stuff for a while. I'll start up the Halloween game closer to the time.

If anyone else wants to run a game in the meantime, go ahead.
Anura

Previous

Return to Off Topic