Soundtrack to An ARG

Anything goes.

Soundtrack to An ARG

Postby Scarab on Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:36 pm

Edited to add: The ever awesome Pixelmage has been working hard to compile youtube soundtrack playlists containing examples of the music from this thread. It will be added to as new songs appear. Please continue to post your links to your own personal ARG sounds in this thread.

Playlist Vol. 1 here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... PWFhWEAgTU
Playlist Vol. 2 is here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... xGvY6gjT2o

Playlist Vol. 3 is here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... ide3_30UL1

Check out this link right here for a total random mix of both playlists.

I've noticed that a number of us appear to have trends and tastes in music that naturally spring to mind whenever we hang around on this forum (at least if you're the listening to music while playing at the apocalypse type) .

So, here's an open question for everyone: what kind of music do you prefer to listen to while on the forums? Is there any music, any musicians, or any individual songs and lyrics, that make you think "Yeah thats the Echo Chamber ARG right there?"

To start things off, I generally have a background soundtrack of Audiomachine playing in my head whenever things get a bit dramatic. This stuff, for example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYeYold6 ... ults_video
Last edited by Scarab on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:22 pm, edited 6 times in total.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Re: Soundtrack to An ARG

Postby AMimsyBorogove on Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:39 pm

The entire BGM to the Touhou game series, preferably those remixes done by Xi-On, FELT, Morrigan/WAVE, TAMusic, Foreground Eclipse, Ezel Ash, CROW'S CLAW, Sound Sepher, Eastnewsound, or anything from Kkcwoh's upload list of piano arrangements.

'Nuff said.
"The Apocalypse is basically just a tutorial." - Sicon112.

"Due to the ambiguity of this wording, I am unable to determine whether or not I am the leader of the X-Men!"
"UNIVERSE-BREAKING EPILEPSY RAVE!" - AMimsyBorogove
AMimsyBorogove

Postby Goldude on Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:39 pm

One of my hobbies is picking out character themes for everyone. I've done it in the game if savage Worlds a lot. Uf you want, I can pick out themes for everyone in the [=ARG=].
1st official attempted Spanner In The Works and light in the darkness.
Goldude

Postby Victin on Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:41 pm

Goldude wrote:One of my hobbies is picking out character themes for everyone. I've done it in the game if savage Worlds a lot. Uf you want, I can pick out themes for everyone in the [=ARG=].

:o What's mine?
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Scarab on Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:43 pm

Goldude wrote:One of my hobbies is picking out character themes for everyone. I've done it in the game if savage Worlds a lot. Uf you want, I can pick out themes for everyone in the [=ARG=].

Wow, sounds like that'd be quite a task there are an awful lot of characters, but it would be really aweosme to see. :D

On a sort of related note, I kind of have this in mind for Romeo and Juliet right now, although their Adventures-in-Reality appear to be quite lighthearted so far: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bag1gUxuU0g
It's weird, I don't really care for that singer at all, but the song just sorta fits, in a depressing kind of way.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Pixelmage on Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:53 pm

AMimsyBorogove wrote:The entire BGM to the Touhou game series, preferably those remixes done by Xi-On, FELT, Morrigan/WAVE, TAMusic, Foreground Eclipse, Ezel Ash, CROW'S CLAW, Sound Sepher, Eastnewsound, or anything from Kkcwoh's upload list of piano arrangements.

'Nuff said.

This is what I listen to.

:shock: There are... A lot of us here you know?
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby JackAlsworth on Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:15 pm

If my avatar isn't a dead giveaway, I have a tendency to listen to Anberlin a lot. I've also been giving the Sweeney Todd movie soundtrack a once-over (for obvious reasons ;) ). But this Nightwish song has been the one rotating in and out of my head whenever I'm thinking about the ARG.
JackAlsworth

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:15 pm

I'm usually listening to Two Steps From Hell... as some people may have already noticed...
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby IslaKariese on Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:17 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:If my avatar isn't a dead giveaway, I have a tendency to listen to Anberlin a lot. I've also been giving the Sweeney Todd movie soundtrack a once-over (for obvious reasons ;) ). But this Nightwish song has been the one rotating in and out of my head whenever I'm thinking about the ARG.

Goddamn you with the Earworming and the humming and the crap.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Scarab on Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:18 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:If my avatar isn't a dead giveaway, I have a tendency to listen to Anberlin a lot. I've also been giving the Sweeney Todd movie soundtrack a once-over (for obvious reasons ;) ). But this Nightwish song has been the one rotating in and out of my head whenever I'm thinking about the ARG.

Yeah, that's kinda pretty much awesome.
Scarab

Postby Pixelmage on Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:21 pm

That song has an Alice reference. That's worth at least two limes from me: :gurt: :gurt:
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby The Finch on Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:09 pm

Discord's theme or Kefka's Theme for the Coffee Room and the Pokemon battle theme for the RPG.
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby Dryunya on Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:15 pm

Wow. Do want! :o

Also, I'm usually listening to nothing, or some wacky internet radio you don't really need to know about, but this ARG has introduced me to Two Steps From Hell. :gurt:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:29 pm

Dryunya wrote:

Wow. Do want! :o

Also, I'm usually listening to nothing, or some wacky internet radio you don't really need to know about, but this ARG has introduced me to Two Steps From Hell. :gurt:

Two Steps From Hell is the only group whose songs I like unconditionally. If it's by TSFH, I love it. I don't even need to listen to it to tell you that I already like it. They are just that awesome.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Scarab on Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Sicon112 wrote:Two Steps From Hell is the only group whose songs I like unconditionally. If it's by TSFH, I love it. I don't even need to listen to it to tell you that I already like it. They are just that awesome.

Agreed, Two Steps from Hell Music is almost always in my playlists. They're just that damn awesome. Especially Tristan which I do believe was used for one of the Doctor Who series trailers, but is awesome in it's own right. And Freedom Fighters makes me think of the ARG.
Scarab

Postby AceOfSpades on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:43 am

I have a more variety rather than fixed spot.

Sometimes I enjoy classicals: Beethoven and Mozart especially the lacrimosa.
Sometimes I enjoy electronica such as Daft Punk.
Sometimes I enjoy old new wave stuff like Tears for fears.
Sometimes I even enjoy movie soundtracks by John Williams, Danny Elfman, Hans Zimmer and Tangerine Dream.

But my main love would be classic rock, from the 60s to the late 90s.

Though thinking about this kinda reminds me of Wendy Carlos' Tron. Since most of this Adventure is taking place on the internet.
An Ace is the difference between a good hand and a bust.
AceOfSpades

Postby Scarab on Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:29 pm

I''ve got this stuck in my head now. and it's all Jack's fault.
Scarab

Postby IslaKariese on Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:34 pm

Scarab wrote:I''ve got this stuck in my head now. and it's all Jack's fault.

It's always all Jack's fault.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Scarab on Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:38 pm

IslaKariese wrote:

It's always all Jack's fault.

If there is a TV trope about that, and he has a character page already, then I need to go put it there like right now.
Scarab

Postby Scarab on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:34 pm

Guys, guys!

Check it.

DRAMA, people. Audiomachine rocks.
Scarab

Postby Zup on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:08 pm

I've been listening to Pokemon Reorchestrated: Kanto Symphony, so of course I'm getting some orchestrated awesomeness. It really fits Quixote especially. :P
The wall will fall, if they stay; then we'll fight another day.
Never fear, the tropers here will help the written find their way.
Zup
Meta-Knight

Postby Dryunya on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:10 pm

This earworms me for a third day now. :evil:
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Adell on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:11 pm

If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby JackAlsworth on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:12 pm

Dryunya wrote:

Here, this should help.
JackAlsworth

Postby Scarab on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:15 pm

Dryunya wrote:

I know right? Jack went and vandalised my trope page with a link to it as well.

That is hauntingly beautiful.

JackAlsworth wrote:
Dryunya wrote:

Here, this should help.

Ohkaaay... I was literally JUST listening to that song a few seconds ago. That is the weirdest coinscidence :shock:
Is it just me, or are the lyrics of that song really...awkward, though? I love Globus, but Europa just doesn't sit right with me. It feels like they're comparing a lot of disjointed things and I'm not really sure what they're trying to say...
Scarab

Next

Return to Off Topic