Soundtrack to An ARG

Anything goes.

Re: Soundtrack to An ARG

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:32 am

So, Scarab made me realize that I never posted this song here yet, even though it happens to be my favorite piece of music of all time.

Here ya go!
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:37 am

Also, according to Scarab, this is my new theme. I am totally good with that. :D
Last edited by Sicon112 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:39 am

Scarab wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:I hope you realize I had BOTH of those songs in open tabs this whole time, so I didn't have to actually open them. That's the reason these linked to YouTube repeat instead of normal YouTube. ^_^

Youtube repeat: instant awesome, on repeat.

Are you familiar with these guys? I'm pretty fond of them.

Thread hopped us since we were off the rails.

Anyhow, of course I know them! They and TSFH make up most of my non anime OST battle music.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Scarab on Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:44 am

Sicon112 wrote:
Scarab wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:I hope you realize I had BOTH of those songs in open tabs this whole time, so I didn't have to actually open them. That's the reason these linked to YouTube repeat instead of normal YouTube. ^_^

Youtube repeat: instant awesome, on repeat.

Are you familiar with these guys? I'm pretty fond of them.

Thread hopped us since we were off the rails.

Anyhow, of course I know them! They and TSFH make up most of my non anime OST battle music.

A friend and I are making a fancomic right now, and Audiomachine have kind of become my default band for everyone and everything IN said comic. There's also Approaching Nirvana which is... well, they're a bit more hit and miss with me, but the tracks they have which don't sound like they dragged them up from the Ibiza beaches are generally awesome.
This one for example.
I believe they may have done some music for Minecraft...
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:53 am

Scarab wrote:A friend and I are making a fancomic right now, and Audiomachine have kind of become my default band for everyone and everything IN said comic. There's also Approaching Nirvana which is... well, they're a bit more hit and miss with me, but the tracks they have which don't sound like they dragged them up from the Ibiza beaches are generally awesome.
This one for example.
I believe they may have done some music for Minecraft...

O.o Hey, I recognize that style! Holy crap, I heard an awesome song by them a while back, but I didn't know what it was! Now I gotta go find it! Thanks!
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Scarab on Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:13 pm

Sicon112 wrote:O.o Hey, I recognize that style! Holy crap, I heard an awesome song by them a while back, but I didn't know what it was! Now I gotta go find it! Thanks!

Y'welcome. ^_^ (You didn't by any chance first find it on the Block Exploration videos on Minecraft wiki, did you? That's where I first found out about them. They were using their song After Forever on the Hub video for Nethermobs)
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:14 pm

Oh, and just so you can hear it too, here is the original EMIYA. On an unrelated note, you all now know what my desktop background looks like.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Pixelmage on Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:16 pm

Sicon112 wrote:Oh, and just so you can hear it too, here is the original EMIYA. On an unrelated note, you all now know what my desktop background looks like.

Oh but you could certainly share a link for it, couldn't you? =P
Shame I don't really have music to contribute here (and we totally derailed the NaNoWriMo thread. :lol:)...
But honestly guys... I can't get this much music at once... The awesomeness is too much.
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:18 pm

Pixelmage wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:Oh, and just so you can hear it too, here is the original EMIYA. On an unrelated note, you all now know what my desktop background looks like.

Oh but you could certainly share a link for it, couldn't you? =P
Shame I don't really have music to contribute here (and we totaly derailed the NaNoWriMo thread. :lol:)...
But honestly guys... I can't get this much music at once... The awesomeness is too much.

Want the picture? Sure. Here.

BEHOLD!

Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Sicon112 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:12 pm

As per Scarab's request, here.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Adell on Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:24 pm

If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby JackAlsworth on Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:40 pm

Sicon112 wrote:As per Scarab's request, here.

I have a sudden strange urge to go out and murder as many things as possible with an impossibly large sword. I think it's this song's fault. (I don't recognize the source, that just sounds like what's happening.)

Adell wrote:Sounds of Silence

mmmmmmm...
I love this song

Anyway, I've got a couple more songs locked in my head. This is by the same band that did Phenomenon. It gets a bit word-salady, but it's nice and punchy.

This song (which apparently doesn't exist in high quality on Youtube >:( ) gets really word-salady, but I really enjoy the instrumentation. And I'm kind of a sucker for 3/4 time rock ballads. :roll:
JackAlsworth

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:49 pm

Adell wrote:Sounds of Silence

It's such a beautiful, haunting song, isn't it? There's also a more comical fandom themed filk of it by Danny Birt on the oOd-Ditties album. Alas I can't find it anywhere online.

I'm growing more fond of that group every time I hear a new song by them... These lines especially. But I can't just sit here and watch it/If we don't stop it no one will/We are the ones, we are the guns/ And we will ride, we are the voice of a song unsung. I eman if you wanna be dramatic about us then damn that fits. Have you heard the intro to another song on that album? "This is a Warning"? Just a short instrumental, but DAMN.

Also this.
Scarab

Postby Adell on Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:47 pm

A Dark Knight

I'm the Moderator Watch The Footage needs and deserves. ...I hope.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:05 pm

Mr. A is bored, so someone link him to this thread and tell him to just start surfing YouTube listening to awesome music.

He can use this to get himself started.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:23 pm

I always listen to this on here/ whilst playing Legend of Zelda.
http://youtu.be/yp3UeCguVVI
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Scarab on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:11 am

Sicon112 wrote:Mr. A is bored, so someone link him to this thread and tell him to just start surfing YouTube listening to awesome music.

YES.

eli_gone_crazy wrote:I always listen to this on here/ whilst playing Legend of Zelda.

I have never heard that before (what? I never played Zelda, okay!)... I like it.

I came across the track "Decomissioned" by Daniel Yount while hanging around the yogscast pages. I think it really suits us. I swear I'm using it in the RP at some point, too...
Scarab

Postby Scarab on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:34 pm

Words Win Wars

Because what could POSSIBLY be more true for us?
Scarab

Postby JackAlsworth on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:39 pm

Every time I hear a song from the Eleventh Doctor's run I get this song stuck in my head, because they use a similar theme and they're both equally epic.
JackAlsworth

Postby Scarab on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:40 pm

JackAlsworth wrote:Every time I hear a song from the Eleventh Doctor's run I get this song stuck in my head, because they use a similar theme and they're both equally epic.

Yeah you're right, that's very Murray Goldish :) I like it.
Scarab

Postby agoraoptera on Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:49 am

If you can make it better, don't make it sentient.

agoraoptera wrote: :| Shane just because I'm Asian doesn't mean I get to be Godzilla

Proud co-writer of the Greatest Idea of Our Time: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1236
agoraoptera

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:03 pm

Scarab wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:Mr. A is bored, so someone link him to this thread and tell him to just start surfing YouTube listening to awesome music.

YES.

eli_gone_crazy wrote:I always listen to this on here/ whilst playing Legend of Zelda.

I have never heard that before (what? I never played Zelda, okay!)... I like it.

I came across the track "Decomissioned" by Daniel Yount while hanging around the yogscast pages. I think it really suits us. I swear I'm using it in the RP at some point, too...

Yeah, Zelda makes me :ugeek: :/
but I like Decomissioned. A lot.
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Scarab on Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:41 pm

eli_gone_crazy wrote:Yeah, Zelda makes me :ugeek: :/
but I like Decomissioned. A lot.

Artist is only about eighteen years old or so, too. Think he was... what? Sixteen or so, when he made that? It's the soundtrack for the Shadow of Israphel minecraft series.
Scarab

Postby Scarab on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:00 am

You guys want a song to write saving the world too? HERE'S a song to write saving the world to:

http://www.listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v=gOSnen64a7M
Scarab

Postby Scarab on Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:54 pm

Scarab

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic