Homestuck (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Anything goes.

Re: Web comics.

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:11 pm

Dryunya wrote:OK, I think my Homestuck mention limit has officially been reached. When this is over, I'll totally read it.

Just make sure that you have time for it. And be careful - the author just adores his cliffhangers. And badass music that you'll most likely put on repeat for the rest of your days.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Pixelmage on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:13 pm

IslaKariese wrote:
Dryunya wrote:OK, I think my Homestuck mention limit has officially been reached. When this is over, I'll totally read it.

Just make sure that you have time for it. And be careful - the author just adores his cliffhangers. And badass music that you'll most likely put on repeat for the rest of your days.

You just got another soul to read Homestuck with that badass music comment. I'll wait until december though, otherwise I won't be able to take part in the NaNoWriMo.
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Victin on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:18 pm

IslaKariese wrote:

Not to mention the events that lead to Act 6 Intermission 3. One of those flashes is my favorite in the entire Homestuck, until now, of course. In which part of the comic did you stop?
BTW, did you hear about Homestuck adventure game?
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:21 pm

Victin wrote:Not to mention the events that lead to Act 6 Intermission 3. One of those flashes is my favorite in the entire Homestuck, until now, of course. In which part of the comic did you stop?

No, I haven't, and I'm scared to think about it right now. I'm currently near the beginning of Act 5 Part 2. The trolls' section was far too long at first, but there were parts that was worth the read. It certainly kept me busy matching typing quirks with trollhandles with zodiac symbols with their real names. Jesus.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Victin on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:25 pm

IslaKariese wrote:
Victin wrote:Not to mention the events that lead to Act 6 Intermission 3. One of those flashes is my favorite in the entire Homestuck, until now, of course. In which part of the comic did you stop?

No, I haven't, and I'm scared to think about it right now. I'm currently near the beginning of Act 5 Part 2. The trolls' section was far too long at first, but there were parts that was worth the read. It certainly kept me busy matching typing quirks with trollhandles with zodiac symbols with their real names. Jesus.

You suddenly made me remember of 'jegus'.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:28 pm

Victin wrote:You suddenly made me remember of 'jegus'.

I almost typed that, too.
IslaKariese

Postby IslaKariese on Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:41 pm

Quick update: [S] Cascade is now my favorite flash. It's just so... unf.

Okay, back to studying like I should be.
IslaKariese

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:42 pm

IslaKariese wrote:Quick update: [S] Cascade is now my favorite flash. It's just so... unf.

Oh the Flash's get even better trust me
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Victin on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:45 pm

Scarab wrote:
IslaKariese wrote:Quick update: [S] Cascade is now my favorite flash. It's just so... unf.

Wait to see the end of Act 6. Oh God, what he did was just awesome.
Victin

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:48 pm

Victin wrote:
Scarab wrote:

asdfghjk No spoilers, I haven't played it yet!!!

But that bit about the cracks and maps? INSPIRED. I make fun of his methods sometimes, but Hussie really does have some very clever ideas.

Also is it just me or is John being a complete jerk?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Victin on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:51 pm

Scarab wrote:
Victin wrote:
Scarab wrote:Oh the Flash's get even better trust me

asdfghjk No spoilers, I haven't played it yet!!!

But that bit about the cracks and maps? INSPIRED. I make fun of his methods sometimes, but Hussie really does have some very clever ideas.

Also is it just me or is John being a complete jerk?

Actually, I didn't mean the flash game. I meant that little bit that happened before with those guys, but I didn't want to spoil anything and I don't remember the name of the animation.
Victin

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:52 pm

Victin wrote:Actually, I didn't mean the flash game. I meant that little bit that happened before with those guys, but I didn't want to spoil anything and I don't remember the name of the animation.

Oh right, those guys.

My question about John being a jerk still stands, though, if anybody can make the answer non-spoilerific for Isla's sake.
Scarab

Postby Victin on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:55 pm

Scarab wrote:
Victin wrote:Actually, I didn't mean the flash game. I meant that little bit that happened before with those guys, but I didn't want to spoil anything and I don't remember the name of the animation.

Oh right, those guys.

My question about John being a jerk still stands, though, if anybody can make the answer non-spoilerific for Isla's sake.

I don't think he's being a jerk, or at least until the flash he wasn't. I know it updated, but I still haven't seen today's update.
Victin

Postby Adell on Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:05 pm

Scarab wrote:

Oh right, those guys.

I think it's probably the death of his father settling in, among other things like not being able to see his friends. Remember, at this point he hasn't had contact with them for like 2 years. He's JUST NOW getting to talk to Vriska again.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:06 pm

Adell wrote:
Scarab wrote:

Oh right, those guys.

I think it's probably the death of his father settling in, among other things like not being able to see his friends. Remember, at this point he hasn't had contact with them for like 2 years. He's JUST NOW getting to talk to Vriska again.

Good point. Also: Cabin Fever like whoa, and that WAS a dick move from Davesprite.

Still Jade's been stuck in the same mess too, and had similar traumatic experiences and you don't see HER stealing stuff from Tavros.
Scarab

Postby Adell on Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:07 pm

Scarab wrote:Still Jade's been stuck in the same mess too, and had similar traumatic experiences and you don't see HER stealing stuff from Tavros.

Well considering what she IS now, she probably sees things in much different ways/is more mature than him lol.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:10 pm

Adell wrote:
Scarab wrote:Still Jade's been stuck in the same mess too, and had similar traumatic experiences and you don't see HER stealing stuff from Tavros.

Well considering what she IS now, she probably sees things in much different ways/is more mature than him lol.

Lol yes.

The double edged sword of being the emotional centre of a group of friends who are going through hell - your makes you more prone to being a jerk when you DO finally snap. They're all under a lot of pressure but heck, it's been two years, and I know there wasn't a lot of time to deal with pressing personal issues like dead relatives back then but he should've tried to deal with it all a little more.

I think Davesprite still made a dickmove, but it was more of a straw that broke the camels back for John.
Scarab

Postby Victin on Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:21 pm

Should I make a Homestuck thread then?
Victin

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:24 pm

Victin wrote:Should I make a Homestuck thread then?

...It is awfully tempting to say yes, but would that not be a point of no return? And if so, can you import these comments over to it?
Scarab

Postby Adell on Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:26 pm

Scarab wrote:
Victin wrote:Should I make a Homestuck thread then?

...It is awfully tempting to say yes, but would that not be a point of no return? And if so, can you import these comments over to it?

Yeah sure, if you want.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Homestuck (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Postby Victin on Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:30 pm

We had a MLP, a baseball and an AT thread, now it's time for a HOMESTUCK THREAD!
To break the ice: what was your favorite event in Homestuck?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EXPECT SPOILERS
You've been warned.
Victin

Postby Victin on Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:32 pm

Done.
Victin

Re: Homestuck (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Postby Scarab on Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:34 pm

In short: Dave and Rose reach God Tier. The whole animation was freaking epic, but seriously THAT part.

Hoenstly Dave is the kind of character who usually annoys me in fiction but... I don't know, I just like him for some reason.
Scarab

Postby Adell on Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:36 pm

Sorry, moved posts enter the thread "at the time of being posted" so now the thread is somewhat chaos lol.

From here on it should be fine though.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Victin on Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:39 pm

Mine were the events which led to Jake kissing Dirk's decapitated head. And the flash right after in which Dirk does some AWESOME stunts, and gathers everyone together at Jake's.
Victin

Next

Return to Off Topic