Homestuck (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Anything goes.

Re: Homestuck (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Postby Endless Sea on Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:15 pm

Still laughing my ass off, by the by. =D
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby IslaKariese on Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:05 am

Well, John summed up this whole update quite nicely.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Anura on Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:04 am

At least we won't get any more fuckups from Spider8itch v2.0.
Anura

Postby IslaKariese on Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:19 pm

I think Hussie had a bit too much fun detailing the sheer destruction of six planets at once...
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby IslaKariese on Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:09 am

As proof that I put too much effort into understanding some of Hussie's in-jokes of Homestuck (even as a bemoan the fact that I could look this up elsewhere), I've translated the first Alternian words we see in the comic.

This one translates to "Turd-odor Fuckball."

And this one translates to "Trollplanet."

And we tried to name this guy "Bulgereek Nookstain." How precious.

This has been brought to you by News You Never Friggin' Asked For, co-hosted by Paul Crastination. You're welcome for that, you ungrateful piece of $#!+.
IslaKariese

Postby Lordxana0 on Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:45 am

That update...

I am not crying. You're crying. Shut up.
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Postby IslaKariese on Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:15 pm

Really, I'm just waiting for John to break down. It's a bit overdue.
IslaKariese

Postby Anura on Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:28 pm

Lordxana0 wrote:That update...

I am not crying. You're crying. Shut up.

I know I'm crying. Rose... :cry:
Anura

Postby IslaKariese on Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:41 pm

I'm also mad that Rose's death was suddenly heroic. She didn't die saving anybody! Avenging, maybe, but should that count? It really shouldn't count.
IslaKariese

Postby Victin on Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:29 pm

IslaKariese wrote:I'm also mad that Rose's death was suddenly heroic. She didn't die saving anybody! Avenging, maybe, but should that count? It really shouldn't count.

Hussie made a newspost about it. Have seen you already?

Also: have you seen Dante Basco's video about Homestuck?
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby IslaKariese on Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:16 pm

Yes to both. I'm satisfied with Hussies explanation and mildly disturbed by the video.
IslaKariese

Postby IslaKariese on Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:42 am

*Reaches end of update* ...My chest is starting to hurt a little.
IslaKariese

Postby Lordxana0 on Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:51 pm

IslaKariese wrote:*Reaches end of update* ...My chest is starting to hurt a little.

I really don't want John to die.
Lordxana0

Postby Victin on Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:01 pm

Lordxana0 wrote:
IslaKariese wrote:*Reaches end of update* ...My chest is starting to hurt a little.

But he already did! Twice! :P
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby IslaKariese on Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:30 pm

Victin wrote:
Lordxana0 wrote:

But he already did! Twice! :P

Yes, but those were a doomed timeline and a God tier death. For John to perma-die is inconceivable and unforgivable and I will kill Hussie if he does.
IslaKariese

Postby Lordxana0 on Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:11 pm

So did anyone else get all giddy at that last update? Because it was freaking adorable.
Lordxana0

Postby IslaKariese on Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:37 am

...So, correct me if I'm wrong, but Jade's story makes it seem like she's not the Alpha Jade, since her John died to further the goals of Alpha John, yes? If so, does that mean our John's been in a doomed reality the whole time?

But wait, then where'd LOWAS come from if it exploded in the dead Jade's reality? Who died? Did she still go Grimbark? God, Hussie, way to make things even more confusing right before the weekend...
IslaKariese

Postby Blurred_9L on Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:55 pm

Well, I think this means that there's only one John across all realities right now or something like that .-.

LOWAS exploding was probably paradox space retroactively correcting itself. Still, pretty confusing. I'm not even sure if what I'm saying makes sense. .-.
Why should we do the right thing?
-Well... because it's the right thing to do, there's no other good reason.

Am I a bad guy trying to be good, or a good guy trying to convince himself that he's not the bad guy?
Blurred_9L

Postby Victin on Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:38 pm

Right now, I think we have two possibilities: either the Jade talking to Calliope is an alternate version of Jade, or she was an alternate version of Jade turned into the Alpha Version by John and Typheus.
Victin

Postby IslaKariese on Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:29 pm

It's hard to say what the Alpha timeline even is now that John can change things without dooming everyone. Maybe timelines are collapsing into each other since there's no Alpha, if that's the case? And it's weird to think that all this time the Jade that was with Calliope was not Grimbark Jade, though it might make a bit of sense - she doesn't remember dying, despite having been in the bubble for a while, which was sort of the same situation that the John who died by Typheus was in. Without backtracking properly, we don't even know if she's dead or not.
IslaKariese

Postby Victin on Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:46 pm

Since John is not bound by Paradox Space, I believe whichever timeline he messes with "is" the Alpha, since he can turn any of them into the Alpha. There still are non-Alpha timelines, and John can interact with those, but ultimately it all leads to him creating the Alpha timeline.
Victin

Postby IslaKariese on Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:10 pm

And doesn't that just make my head hurt more. Alright, well. Guess we'll have to wait for Monday since all this speculation is doing is getting me hyped all over again.
IslaKariese

Postby IslaKariese on Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:00 am

...That...was just barely grand enough to make up for being a one-page update...
IslaKariese

Postby Anura on Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:35 am

Huh. That happened.
Anura

Postby Endless Sea on Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:57 pm

And suddenly I have another favorite updort.
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic