Food thread

Anything goes.

Re: I JUST GOT SPAGHETTI ALL OVER MY LAPTOP

Postby IslaKariese on Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:19 pm

See, RotavatoR? This is how much we care! We jeer about the type of spaghetti it was and wonder how in the world you're still typing instead of wondering it your laptop's actually okay. Aren't we such great friends? :lol:
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby NeverSlender on Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:21 pm

IslaKariese wrote:See, RotavatoR? This is how much we care! We jeer about the type of spaghetti it was and wonder how in the world you're still typing instead of wondering it your laptop's actually okay. Aren't we such great friends? :lol:

The fact he was still writing posts meant his laptop was fine.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby RotavatoR on Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:22 pm

NeverSlender wrote:
IslaKariese wrote:See, RotavatoR? This is how much we care! We jeer about the type of spaghetti it was and wonder how in the world you're still typing instead of wondering it your laptop's actually okay. Aren't we such great friends? :lol:

Is that you, Sherlock?
Anyways, thanks people
I love you guys :cry: :)
RotavatoR

Re: I JUST GOT SPAGHETTI ALL OVER MY LAPTOP (aka Food Thread

Postby Scarab on Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:23 pm

The reason I no longer own a functioning laptop is because I once dropped a dumbell on it.

Yes, an actual dumbell.

Anyway hope yours is okay RotavatoR.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby NeverSlender on Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:23 pm

RotavatoR wrote:
NeverSlender wrote:

Is that you, Sherlock?
Anyways, thanks people
I love you guys :cry: :)

Hey, I was only looking for a justification for trolling.
Marching on together.
NeverSlender

Postby IslaKariese on Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:25 pm

Really, it could've meant that he had a house computer, but whatever.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Guyshane on Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:28 pm

Scarab wrote:The reason I no longer own a functioning laptop is because I once dropped a dumbell on it.

Yes, an actual dumbell.

How did you....why....what?
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby RotavatoR on Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:30 pm

Scarab wrote:The reason I no longer own a functioning laptop is because I once dropped a dumbell on it.

Yes, an actual dumbell.

My laptop's fine, thanks for asking guys :P I'm just a klutz I guess x)
note to self: never bring laptop to gym

I try to troll like Metaneko, but I guess I got trolled back :P
Anyways, you guys wanna talk about food? I LOVE mozzarella.
RotavatoR

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:30 pm

RotavatoR wrote:

Yes, an actual dumbell.

My laptop's fine, thanks for asking guys :P I'm just a klutz I guess x)
note to self: never bring laptop to gym

I try to troll like Metaneko, but I guess I got trolled back :P
Anyways, you guys wanna talk about food? I LOVE mozzarella.

PLEASE stop making me hungry. X_X
eli_gone_crazy

Postby RotavatoR on Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:33 pm

Barbecue
Ice cream
Cookies
:twisted:
RotavatoR

Postby Lordxana0 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:53 pm

Anyone have a good recipe for chicken? Just like an interesting recipe or something.
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:56 pm

Lordxana0 wrote:Anyone have a good recipe for chicken? Just like an interesting recipe or something.

Take a normal chicken recipe, but just add lots of fire. That automatically is more interesting. On an unrelated note, I was at a cook out with my family and they told me to watch the grill. I sarcastically commented I would light their burgers on fire, and no one believed me except my brother. So I lit them on fire. ^_^ (Actually they were still edible. I just poked them to let out some of the grease and flipped them so the grease burned around them. Turned out quite nicely, if I do say so myself.)
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:57 pm

Actually, I DO have a really good chicken recipe somewhere around here. Once my test is out of the way, I can go look for it. I'll post it sometime in the next day or so...
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Lordxana0 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:59 pm

Sicon112 wrote:Actually, I DO have a really good chicken recipe somewhere around here. Once my test is out of the way, I can go look for it. I'll post it sometime in the next day or so...

Thanks man. It is my turn to cook tomorrow and I want to try something new.
Lordxana0

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:03 pm

Lordxana0 wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:Actually, I DO have a really good chicken recipe somewhere around here. Once my test is out of the way, I can go look for it. I'll post it sometime in the next day or so...

OK. Hope you have a whole chicken and plenty of spices on hand... Or at least, you can make it to a store. I'll try to post this evening.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Scarab on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:04 pm

Sicon112 wrote:
Lordxana0 wrote:

OK. Hope you have a whole chicken and plenty of spices on hand... Or at least, you can make it to a store. I'll try to post this evening.

Ooh, recipe! :D
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:40 pm

OK. I typed it from the recipe:

Traditional Roast Sticky Chicken:
4 tsp salt
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp white pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 large roasting chicken (or chicken pieces)
1 cup chopped or sliced onion
Thoroughly wash chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Mix dry ingredients, rub over and inside of chicken cavity. This can be cooked right away, but it's best when allowed to sit overnight in the fridge.
To roast: Place onion inside of chicken cavity, put into roasting pan (breast side down) and place in 250 degree oven. Let cook 5 hours, basting every 30 minutes with juices. (Note: won't be much juice for basting until after it has cooked for about 2 - 2 1/2 hours!). Do not add liquids, it will make it's own.

We have changed up the recipe after some time, and we usually now use a crockpot, so if you have one, you can do it that way. Just follow the instructions up to the roasting part, then stick it in the crockpot with a cup of chicken broth and let it cook for 4-6 hours. The longer you leave it in, the more sticky the chicken gets. Best time is probably somewhere around 4:45 or so. Later, you can use the broth to make gravy and put that on mashed potatoes.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Lordxana0 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:42 pm

Sounds good, I will have to try that. How about a dessert recipe? I have a great one for homemade cookies that don't use flower, who is interested? The are peanut butter and chocolate.
Lordxana0

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:43 pm

Lordxana0 wrote:Sounds good, I will have to try that. How about a dessert recipe? I have a great one for homemade cookies that don't use flower, who is interested? The are peanut butter and chocolate.

hehe me too. except mine have oatmeal too and are like fudge cookies.
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:43 pm

Lordxana0 wrote:Sounds good, I will have to try that. How about a dessert recipe? I have a great one for homemade cookies that don't use flower, who is interested? The are peanut butter and chocolate.

Now DESERT I can do! Triple layer chocolate and sour cream cakes, all manner of cookies, brownies, cinnamon rolls, etc.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:48 pm

Sicon112 wrote:

Now DESERT I can do! Triple layer chocolate and sour cream cakes, all manner of cookies, brownies, cinnamon rolls, etc.

Share, please. :3
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Lordxana0 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:53 pm

Okay ingredients
1 cup Light Brown Sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup chocolate chips
1 egg
1 teaspoon baking soda

Set oven to 375 (or 350 for some ovens)
Mix together everything except chocolate chips and then add them in
Use half a tablespoon to make small balls out of the cookie dough and place it on a flat cookie sheet (don't grease it or put tinfoil on it)
Cook 7-9 minutes
Enjoy.
Lordxana0

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:58 pm

I've decided to accuse everyone who posts recipes of secretly being Rick.
...I don't let go of my conspiracy theories that easily, do I?
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:00 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:I've decided to accuse everyone who posts recipes of secretly being Rick.
...I don't let go of my conspiracy theories that easily, do I?

I predicted you would say that.

Nah, I'm not as good at it as he is. I just mostly am really good at breakfasts and baked goods. I've earned a huge amount of money as a kid because I did bake sales whenever someone would have a nearby garage sale. I'd get like three hundred dollars in a day, with a big enough garage sale. It was awesome.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:03 pm

That is pretty awesome.
And conspiracy theories aside, I really like baking. And... since I have a terrible aversion to actually making them the way the recipe says, I know a lot about what can pass as a replacement for other ingredients. If anyone needs recipe substitutions. Since we're talking about food here.
Um. Should I go back to being paranoid now?
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic