The Going to be gone for some time thread

Anything goes.

Re: The Going to be gone for some time thread

Postby agoraoptera on Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:34 am

I MAY be missing from Wednesday to Saturday. This is dependent on whether or not the hotel I'm going to for my church camp has Wifi.
If you can make it better, don't make it sentient.

agoraoptera wrote: :| Shane just because I'm Asian doesn't mean I get to be Godzilla

Proud co-writer of the Greatest Idea of Our Time: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1236
agoraoptera

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:46 am

agoraoptera wrote:I MAY be missing from Wednesday to Saturday. This is dependent on whether or not the hotel I'm going to for my church camp has Wifi.

Likewise, albeit from Thursday to Sunday. My family is off to a regional meeting for my dad's business.
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:34 pm

I'll be gone shortly. Be back veryverylate Saturday night. Try not to drown! :twisted:
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Scarab on Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:47 pm

Okay guys, here's the scoop.

Tomorrow morning, my computer is going to be taken away to the computer store, so that I can have all the dust cleaned out of those vents, and so on.

Now theoretically, this should take a matter of minutes, cost barely a few pounds, and I should have my computer back within the hour, and home again within two. it's a really simple job, the kind of thing most people would probably do themselves rather than pay a guy money to do for them. Simple.

There is one extremely vital flaw in this plan, however. Namely: I'M ME. :cry:

So, if I do NOT appear tomorrow afternoon, and am vanished from the online world for any given amount of time, assume my mrely attempting to TOUCH my computer has resulted in some kind of fatal blue screen shut down.

Just letting you guys know. :?
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:40 am

I'm going to be gone for 2 hours, as I am on my way to Singapore.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby IslaKariese on Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:12 pm

Kay, so... I'm officially sick. Couldn't fight off the sore throat and now I'm laid out in bed with a stuffed nose and a perpetual headache. I'm posting here just in case I don't say anything for the next three days or so. I don't want y'all to send out a search party or nothin'.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Victin on Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:16 pm

IslaKariese wrote:Kay, so... I'm officially sick. Couldn't fight off the sore throat and now I'm laid out in bed with a stuffed nose and a perpetual headache. I'm posting here just in case I don't say anything for the next three days or so. I don't want y'all to send out a search party or nothin'.

I heard eating a marshmellow helps with a sore throath. I wish I could give you the ones I have here though :?
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby IslaKariese on Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:17 pm

... Funny thing - there were marshmallows at my workplace for something or other. But they weren't for me, so I didn't have any. :( :cry:
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:04 pm

I'm not going to be here for a while.
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:02 am

It's kind of silly to say this NOW, but if I'd known in advance yesterday, I'd have said something like "Toronto's about to be hit by a storm of historic proportions, which in addition to flooding large portions of downtown, is going to knock out all power for the entire city for at least six hours. I'll miss you guys until then!"

...Of course, my power's back now, but I'd hate to just disappear on everyone without even a word of explanation until I wake up.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Adell on Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:14 am

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:It's kind of silly to say this NOW, but if I'd known in advance yesterday, I'd have said something like "Toronto's about to be hit by a storm of historic proportions, which in addition to flooding large portions of downtown, is going to knock out all power for the entire city for at least six hours. I'll miss you guys until then!"

...Of course, my power's back now, but I'd hate to just disappear on everyone without even a word of explanation until I wake up.

Those damn storms! They can't take me down so they go after my friends instead!

Stay safe :3
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:00 am

Adell wrote:
Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:It's kind of silly to say this NOW, but if I'd known in advance yesterday, I'd have said something like "Toronto's about to be hit by a storm of historic proportions, which in addition to flooding large portions of downtown, is going to knock out all power for the entire city for at least six hours. I'll miss you guys until then!"

Those damn storms! They can't take me down so they go after my friends instead!

Stay safe :3

Good Luck Qara!

They go after us because you're like CHUCK NORRIS to them. Hong Kong was hit by a nasty black rainstorm a few weeks ago.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:01 am

...what
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Scarab on Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:25 pm

We greatly appreciate your informing us abruptly of this-wait how the hell did they not predict this coming???

*Clings to Qara tightly, and prepares to fight the next hurricane*

Adell wrote:Those damn storms! They can't take me down so they go after my friends instead!

This is what your Chronic hero Syndrome has led us to!!! >.<
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:38 pm

Thanks you guys. The rain has stopped for now (after more than tripling the previous single-day rainfall record, in less than a third the amount of time the previous record, which was during a hurricane, took... but I digress), but after knocking out all the power in a very large city, Toronto's power grids are basically hanging by a thread, and there are still rolling blackouts, so... if I vanish without a trace again, you know why. If it happens, I'll be sure to get back as fast as I can.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby RotavatoR on Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:58 am

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Thanks you guys. The rain has stopped for now (after more than tripling the previous single-day rainfall record, in less than a third the amount of time the previous record, which was during a hurricane, took... but I digress), but after knocking out all the power in a very large city, Toronto's power grids are basically hanging by a thread, and there are still rolling blackouts, so... if I vanish without a trace again, you know why. If it happens, I'll be sure to get back as fast as I can.

Take care and stay safe
<3
RotavatoR

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:10 am

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Thanks you guys. The rain has stopped for now (after more than tripling the previous single-day rainfall record, in less than a third the amount of time the previous record, which was during a hurricane, took... but I digress), but after knocking out all the power in a very large city, Toronto's power grids are basically hanging by a thread, and there are still rolling blackouts, so... if I vanish without a trace again, you know why. If it happens, I'll be sure to get back as fast as I can.

Glad to know you're safe, Qara!
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby Scarab on Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:12 pm

Okay, we love you, stay safe :3
Scarab

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:48 pm

Thanks, guys!
No storm, but I'm in the middle of a blackout-of-indeterminate-length, AGAIN-- I'm posting this from the very-slow library internet. (right now it's not letting me load the chat, but if I do, I might have to just come in and grab logs because things are VERY slow).

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Victin on Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:43 pm

Qara-Xuan Zenith wrote:Thanks, guys!
No storm, but I'm in the middle of a blackout-of-indeterminate-length, AGAIN-- I'm posting this from the very-slow library internet. (right now it's not letting me load the chat, but if I do, I might have to just come in and grab logs because things are VERY slow).

I hope everything gets better soon :3 Take care
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:39 pm

It appears that I will not be able to easily access the Internet until Saturday afternoon. Sorry.
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby RotavatoR on Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:13 pm

I know I post here rarely, but in 24 hours from now I most likely won't be able to show up in the chat or the forum. The trip to my vacation destination takes two days, and even after that I don't know what my connection will be like. Anyways I'll try to show up every now and then in the chat during my vacation :P
RotavatoR

Postby Scarab on Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:35 pm

So tomorrow I'm spending the afternoon with the company that I will, hopefully, be offered a job with at the end of the day. Doing who knows what. But hey, guys, job interview! So you may not see me for most of the day :)
Scarab

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:00 pm

So, I'm leaving for a while... I'm not sure how much I'll be around.

But you can always find me on steam or twitter. :)

See you guys soon, I guess. :)
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Guyshane on Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:34 pm

I'm having Internet issues, don't know when we'll actually have Internet back. The company are being idiots
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic