My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Anything goes.

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:12 am

I should've known that Bleedman would've been a brony. That's awesome.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:56 am

The art is surprisingly dynamic for a bunch of equines and a... dragon-thing standing about.
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Victin on Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:28 am

IslaKariese wrote:I should've known that Bleedman would've been a brony. That's awesome.

He already had made a page in one of his comics in which the Powerpuff Girls became ponies. I think he took it out, because MLP hatedom... Hated... Or something like that.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:20 am

No, no, I remember that strip. It was April Fool's Day.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Victin on Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:19 pm

IslaKariese wrote:No, no, I remember that strip. It was April Fool's Day.

I know it was April's Fools Day, but still...
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:14 pm

He never took it out though.
IslaKariese

Postby Scarab on Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:53 pm

I counted three big webcomics that did My Little Pony parody strips that year. It seemed to be a theme.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:08 pm

Scarab wrote:I counted three big webcomics that did My Little Pony parody strips that year. It seemed to be a theme.

I know, right? That was the same year I first discovered the new MLP, but it was through my own curiosity about what this show was that was airing on this channel I'd never heard of. It was only after I'd started watching that I saw that pretty much every corner of the Internet that I frequent was talking about ponies and my only thought was, "How in the hell did I miss all of this!?"
IslaKariese

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:37 am

Just asking: In my school Tutor Room, there was this drawing by the awesome Learning Support kids, and they drew a pony. :)

However, could you identify the pony for me?

Photo on 2013-03-01 at 12.32.jpg
Photo on 2013-03-01 at 12.32.jpg (86.82 KiB) Viewed 7422 times

Photo on 2013-03-01 at 12.38.jpg
Photo on 2013-03-01 at 12.38.jpg (96.8 KiB) Viewed 7421 times
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby IslaKariese on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:04 am

That would be Rarity. I think. It looks like it's missing her horn. And did Rarity ever have a bonnet on? She has so many outfits sometimes... But the cutie mark matches, after a fashion:

Rarity.png
Rarity.png (86.94 KiB) Viewed 7416 times
Last edited by IslaKariese on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
IslaKariese

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:07 am

IslaKariese wrote:That would be Rarity. I think. Did Rarity ever have a bonnet on? She has so many outfits sometimes...

Well, it looks like her hair or purple mane, I suppose.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby JackAlsworth on Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:09 am

The mark matches, and Rarity is the only main character who owns a cat. (That I know of - Fluttershy probably has a few stashed away somewhere but Opal is higher-profile.)
JackAlsworth

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:38 am

From what I'm guessing solely from your posts, Rarity likes fashion and follows trends, owns a cat and is possibly a bit of a hipster.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:50 am

The Wild West Pyro wrote:From what I'm guessing solely from your posts, Rarity likes fashion and follows trends, owns a cat and is possibly a bit of a hipster.

For the most part, yes. One of the fandom's favorite outfits that Rarity is seen in is hipster-ish:

Hipster Rarity.png
Hipster Rarity.png (77.84 KiB) Viewed 7385 times

Though she's not much of an actual hipster. We only see her in this outfit once.
IslaKariese

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:51 am

IslaKariese wrote:
The Wild West Pyro wrote:From what I'm guessing solely from your posts, Rarity likes fashion and follows trends, owns a cat and is possibly a bit of a hipster.

For the most part, yes. One of the fandom's favorite outfits that Rarity is seen in is hipster-ish:

Hipster Rarity.png

Though she's not much of an actual hipster. We only see her in this outfit once.

Nice and French-ish.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:31 am

Well, she is the type of pony everypony should know. Just sayin'.
IslaKariese

Postby RationalThought on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:41 am

That outfit looks simply DARLING!

[/Rarity]

I don't know why, but I really like that outfit.
Trout. Trout everywhere.
RationalThought

Postby JackAlsworth on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:43 pm

So remember how Fighting is Magic was pretty much dead in the water a couple of weeks ago?

Well, apparently Lauren Faust happened.
JackAlsworth

Postby IslaKariese on Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:53 am

JackAlsworth wrote:So remember how Fighting is Magic was pretty much dead in the water a couple of weeks ago?

Well, apparently Lauren Faust happened.

Why, yes. Yes she did. And even though the game won't be affiliated with My Little Pony anymore, I bet you it'll still be the best fanmade fighting game this side of whoop-ass.
IslaKariese

Postby Pixelmage on Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:56 am

... Future headline: "The new characters are horses. Perfectly normal non-MLP horses miniaturized so that they just look like they're ponies. But they are horses, completely unrelated to the ponyland, unless you count evolutionary cousins. But I doubt Hasbro is going to pit Darwin in their lawsuits. What? Cutie marks? Where are you seeing cutie marks? These are Iron Brands, my good sir!"
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby JackAlsworth on Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:01 am

I actually think this sort of thing should happen more often. A lot of really fantastic fan ideas are cut down simply because they use existing IP, but the core concepts (and in regards to games, core mechanics) transition fairly easily to a completely original set of characters.
JackAlsworth

Postby Victin on Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:24 am

Seeing the discussion on fan works based on franchises, and giving the amount of Touhou players, I think mentioning Touhou Fan Works is okay. Of course I doesn't play Touhou, so I dunno how much of these works are good or not, but at least I can link you to this one, which seem to be made by professionals.
Victin

Postby IslaKariese on Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:11 pm

Wow, it's been a while since this was bumped... but anyway, a tribute to the Bronies of 2013! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFrFc12Cp0U
IslaKariese

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:04 am

First of all, HAPPY YEAR OF DA HORSE!!!

Now, I don't watch MLP, but these laisee packets are cool.

WE PRESENT: MLP-THEMED LAISEE PACKETS! (HK Money included.)
Photo on 2014-02-08 at 20.53.jpg
Photo on 2014-02-08 at 20.53.jpg (110.45 KiB) Viewed 7142 times

Photo on 2014-02-08 at 20.53 #2.jpg
Photo on 2014-02-08 at 20.53 #2.jpg (112.99 KiB) Viewed 7142 times
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby IslaKariese on Sat May 17, 2014 9:12 pm

For the sake of bumping this thread back up again, I wanna know: What did you all think of Season 4?
IslaKariese

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic