ARG Player Profiles

Be creative! We know you can be <3

ARG Player Profiles

Postby Scarab on Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:37 pm

Okay, so Adell and I have been discussing the idea of running up some character profiles for you guys. We think it’d be fun to try creating a profile for everyone.

Because you know. We're completely insane like that.

Please note: This Thread is NO LONGER accepting sign ups.

This is a rough sample of what the background page will look like, courtesy of Adell. I will be creating the drawings, in whatever way you guys prefer, and Adell will be doing your sprite version. We're going for something that looks a little bit like videogame character profiles.

No idea how many we’ll actually get done I mean there are a LOT of you guys. But we can give it our best shot. There are no deadlines on this; it’s just a casual thing because you know, Adell and I have lives an’ stuff (apparently I do, anyway, nobody told me about it). Of course, we also just handed you a nice, clean, blank profile sheet, too so feel free to draw your own as well!

So if anybody wants to be added to the list of People Who Get Their Own Character Profiles Drawn? Do so here. You’ll be added to the list, and we’ll contact each of you individually to ask what you’d like your design to look like.

(If anyone artistically inclined out there would like to help out, feel free to PM me :) )

Edited to add: You do NOT need to give us your real life pictures for this (in fact I'd rather you didn't, security and all). It's just your online persona so it doesn't even really have to look like you.

Essentials I need to know: Name, Hair, skin, clothing, general colour scheme. Folks keep missing one or another off the list and then I have to track them down.

List of the people already being done.

• 1. SOS - Done to flat colours, sprite complete. Picture Sprite
  • 2. Pixel - Done to Flat Colours, sprite complete Picture Sprite MARKED TO BE REDONE
  • 3. Guyshane - Done to flat colours, sprite complete Picture Sprite
  • 4. Xana - Done to flat colours, sprite complete Picture Sprite
  • 5. Blurred - Done to flat colours, sprite complete Picture Sprite
  • 6. Jeroic - Done to flat colours, sprite complete Picture Sprite MARKED TO BE REDONE
  • 7. Adell - Done to flat colours, needs to sprite himself :P Picture MARKED TO BE REDONE
  • 8. Dryu - Done to flat colours, sprite complete Sprite. Picture MARKED TO BE REDONE
  • 9. Genndy - Done to flat colours, sprite completePicture Sprite MARKED TO BE REDONE
  • 10. Sicon - Done to flat colours, sprite complete Picture Sprite
  • 11. Eli - Done to flat colours, sprite complete Picture Sprite MARKED TO BE REDONE
  • 12. Pyro - Done to flat colours, sprite complete Picture Sprite
  • 13. SOHCAHTOA - On hiatus, by his request.
  • 14. Qara-Xuan-Zenith - Done to flat colours, sprite complete Picture Sprite MARKED TO BE REDONE
  • 15. Krika - Done to flat colours, sprite complete Picture Sprite
  • 16. Agora - Done to flat colours, sprite complete Picture Sprite
  • 17. JRPictures - Done to flat colours, sprite complete Picture Sprite
  • 18. Victin - Done to flat colours, sprite complete Picture Sprite
  • 19. Jack - Done to flat colours, sprite complete Picture Sprite MARKED TO BE REDONE
  • 20. Inukai - On Haitus as a reuslt of nil-response
  • 21. SpiritfChaos - Done to flat colours, sprite complete Picture Sprite
  • 22. Endless Sea - Done to flat colours, sprite complete Picture Sprite
  • 23. H - On Haitus as a reuslt of nil-response
  • 24. Tohr - Done to flat colours Picture
  • 25. Mimsy - Pencils done
  • 26. Narrativedilettante - Done to flat colours Picture Sprite
  • 27. IslaKariese - Pencils done
  • 28. Jacktheriffer - In hiatus as a result of Nil Response.
  • 29. RotavatoR
  • 30. BL4CK0U7_117
  • 31. Connor Fallon

Group Shot One
Group Shot Two
Last edited by Scarab on Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:25 pm, edited 75 times in total.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Re: ARG Player Profiles

Postby S_o_S on Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:40 pm

Totes in, if only I could draw too.
Not a distress call. Honest.
S_o_S

Postby Pixelmage on Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:40 pm

I, of course, would like to be drawn! =) Sign me up!

As to helping out... Well, I'll see what I'm able to do.
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Guyshane on Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:43 pm

I must have one. At least i would really appreciate it :lol:
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby Lordxana0 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:45 pm

Anyone willing to draw me would be awesome.
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Postby Blurred_9L on Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:48 pm

Sounds interesting, I'm in.
Why should we do the right thing?
-Well... because it's the right thing to do, there's no other good reason.

Am I a bad guy trying to be good, or a good guy trying to convince himself that he's not the bad guy?
Blurred_9L

Postby Jeroic9 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:04 pm

I mentioned it in chat, but yes I would want one. Send me a message when you want a good sample picture of me and we can get talking about all the other business on this sheet.

Thanks for doing this, guys!
I wrote a book. Adding to the far side of the wall.
Jeroic9

Postby Dryunya on Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:13 pm

Totally in!
(Also, you know, the photos can be PMd, or with elephants. ;) )
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby Scarab on Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:15 pm

Dryunya wrote:Totally in!

As mentioned above I'd really rather people NOT send me photographic ID, for their own privacy's sakes. This has to be an online persona, so it doesn't even have to look like the real you if you don't want.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:49 pm

I'd like a profile!
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Jeroic9 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:02 pm

Scarab wrote:
Dryunya wrote:Totally in!

As mentioned above I'd really rather people NOT send me photographic ID, for their own privacy's sakes. This has to be an online persona, so it doesn't even have to look like the real you if you don't want.

I am an online persona. I don't distinguish. But avoiding the philosophy questions inherent in the age of the internet, I could give you a detailed description when the time comes.
I wrote a book. Adding to the far side of the wall.
Jeroic9

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:10 pm

This looks awesome. Also, it reminds me to get around to editing that pic you drew to be my avatar...

Anyhow, if you do Xana, make sure not to forget the Kamina Monocle. XD If you do me, make sure my sprite always has his hands in his pockets, because that's pretty much my default status. ^_^
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:11 pm

I would love you both for forever +10 if you did this for me. ^_^
eli_gone_crazy

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:12 pm

I can draw myself.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby SOHCAHTOA on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:19 pm

AWESUM!!!!!

My only worry is that if you guys end up making one for me I won't like the images :( but eh, pessimism a bitch
I'm back, not that anyone cares.
SOHCAHTOA

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:41 pm

OOH OOH PICK ME PICK ME

...uhhh, I mean, I'd love one, please, thank you. :D
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Pixelmage on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:45 pm

Just my two cents. Mostly to Adell. The base is too thin. The Portrait should be around A4 proportion, right now it's a long strip that does not make for a very good frame. You don't need to make the "Sprite box" larger, just spacing it some more, and making the text area a bit larger on the width as well. It would allow for more text without sacrificing font size.

I'm nitpicking, but it's best to do that while there are no finished drawings to fix if the changes are made. ;)

This will be awesome.
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Krika on Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:59 pm

I will happily participate in this. Maybe it'll end up with me getting a couple more tropes on that page, but still, it'll be a fun thing to do in-and-of itself.
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Postby agoraoptera on Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:13 am

Wheeeeeeee!

That means I'm in ^_^
If you can make it better, don't make it sentient.

agoraoptera wrote: :| Shane just because I'm Asian doesn't mean I get to be Godzilla

Proud co-writer of the Greatest Idea of Our Time: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1236
agoraoptera

Postby JRPictures on Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:50 am

I'll be happy to join in. :D
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby Scarab on Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:05 am

Pixelmage wrote:Just my two cents. Mostly to Adell. The base is too thin. The Portrait should be around A4 proportion, right now it's a long strip that does not make for a very good frame. You don't need to make the "Sprite box" larger, just spacing it some more, and making the text area a bit larger on the width as well. It would allow for more text without sacrificing font size.

I'm nitpicking, but it's best to do that while there are no finished drawings to fix if the changes are made. ;)

This will be awesome.

No, no I'm sure he'll find that helpful, this is just a rough and we can work on the details, cheers :) I dunno if the Portrait HAS to be A4 in proportion, though... Is that a standard for this design I'm unaware of? We just kinda looked at what folks were doing on deviantart and copied size and somebody's layout... :?

Sicon112 wrote:Anyhow, if you do Xana, make sure not to forget the Kamina Monocle. XD If you do me, make sure my sprite always has his hands in his pockets, because that's pretty much my default status. ^_^

But of course ^_^ Would we miss out such a thing?
Scarab

Postby Krika on Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:07 am

What kind of picture do you want us to submit to you? I have a couple of things, but I would like to submit http://imgur.com/1NBw3 as a possible image (although I did screw up around the mouth, I think you can get the gist of it.
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Postby Victin on Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:15 am

I'm in! :gurt:
I just don't know how I could be drawn, so I guess I'll wait to see a sample, if you don't mind, of course.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Pixelmage on Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:15 am

Scarab wrote:
Pixelmage wrote:Just my two cents. Mostly to Adell. The base is too thin. The Portrait should be around A4 proportion, right now it's a long strip that does not make for a very good frame. You don't need to make the "Sprite box" larger, just spacing it some more, and making the text area a bit larger on the width as well. It would allow for more text without sacrificing font size.

This will be awesome.

No, no I'm sure he'll find that helpful, this is just a rough and we can work on the details, cheers :) I dunno if the Portrait HAS to be A4 in proportion, though... Is that a standard for this design I'm unaware of? We just kinda looked at what folks were doing on deviantart and copied size and somebody's layout... :?

No no no. It's not a rule or a standard. ;) But, when you have to frame a picture, it's something easier to do on a close-to-square frame. If we do the portraits on a long strip, there will be a lot of unused space above/below the focal point. Also, if you raise the width it brings the benefit of allowing for more text in default font size. As it is now we'd have to line-break too much.
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Scarab on Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:22 pm

Pixelmage wrote:
No no no. It's not a rule or a standard. ;) But, when you have to frame a picture, it's something easier to do on a close-to-square frame. If we do the portraits on a long strip, there will be a lot of unused space above/below the focal point. Also, if you raise the width it brings the benefit of allowing for more text in default font size. As it is now we'd have to line-break too much.

Ah :) Well it can be easily adjusted.

I have SOS's details now, just need a little more time to continue nanowrimo, and then drawing shall HAPPEN.
Scarab

Next

Return to Metaguard Projects