Apology Thread

Anything goes.

Apology Thread

Postby Scarab on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:04 pm

Those of you who do not understand what this is about, either PM somebody who does or, better yet, just ignore it and use the thread for it's intended purpose.

This is the Apology Thread.

This is where you apologise directly to any of the metaguards you feel you have hurt or offended in anyway, if you feel the need to do so publically (as in you feel you need to apologise to lots of people at once, or if you just want to announce your apology to everyone in a gesture of goodwill). this is where we clear the air and start over. You can also state your personal feelings regarding any problems here.

Once a post has been made here regarding a grievance, and the apology has been accepted, then it is NOT spoken of again unless it becomes extremely relevant (like, I dunno the apology contains a magic spell to send fictionals back over the wall or something).

We’ve pissed each other off. We have all made mistakes. Things either break apart and we all fail (you’ll note I’m not referencing the wall here) or we fight. If every team in every show we've ever watched fell apart after one argument NOTHING would get done. Let's NOT let what happened to Ed and Joe happen to us. You need to melt the iron in upwards of five hundred degrees so you can craft it into a better weapon than it ever was when it was just a lump of ore.

People can play the game however they want but we need to stop acting like the Cabal are looking over our shoulders every five minutes because that secrecy is what got us into this mess. This fight, and all other fights ahead of us? That’s our fire, okay? Let’s see if we can come out the other end as a sword.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Re: Apology Thread

Postby Scarab on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:04 pm

Let me get things started with my own apology:

I’m sorry for getting involved in secrets that excluded people, and I’m sorry if I’ve made any of you feel I’m not the person you thought I was. I sucked at it. I never meant to get carried away with planning or make anybody feel excluded.
I'm also sorry to anybody I was a bitch to over the last day or so. It was uncalled for and I shouldn't have let my personal stress affect you. And today? I was just trying to hold things together without any respect for what each individual really wanted. I'm sorry.

I am also personally individually sorry to Screenstorm and Waka for being such an ass to them when they were only trying to help
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
Scarab

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:08 pm

I am sorry. For a long list of things.
Mostly I am sorry that I kept secrets. I am also sorry for disappointing you guys. There really aren't words to express how I feel, at the moment.
I just hope we can still work together.
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Pixelmage on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:18 pm

I am sorry for my sudden behavior. I have kept secrets in this game for the majority of it. My sudden switch caught all those who had shared things with me unaware. I'm sorry for that, I could have chosen better words and talked to you before I made my decision public.

And I have a very personal apology to Qara. I know you feel betrayed by what I did and anything I could do now is hollow, but it was not my intention to hurt you. You know why I'm apologizing to you and you also know why I'll say no more about it here. I am sorry.
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby EdwardTheAwesome on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:57 pm

I'm sorry to Joe. I know I apologized earlier too, but...I think we both overreacted. I hope things go better for us going forward.

Okay, and NOW I'm actually going. This is a great idea, guys :)
EdwardTheAwesome
Site Admin

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:59 pm

I owe an apology to anyone I may have hurt or offended with my reaction to recent events, both on the forum and in the chatroom.

I was hurt-- and still am-- but that doesn't excuse my bad habit of lashing out, of speaking rashly in the heat of the moment. That and other circumstances affecting me at the moment don't excuse me being passive aggressive, threatening to ragequit, accusing people of breaking up the tram.

I was acting irresponsibly and immaturely, and I apologize to anyone I've hurt. I still need some time to myself. But I'll be back.

I'm sorry.

And thank you to those individuals who (along with a cup of tea) helped to calm me down, whether directly or indirectly, and helped me to realize that my reaction was disproportionate.
I have a few emotions, but they're stuffed. They aren't real.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby averagejoe on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:00 pm

I am also sorry, Ed. I hope you know that...I do trust you. I was just...anyway.

And I'm sorry to all of you guys. I know our fight got to everyone, it probably raised tensions more than a little bit. I'm sorry for that. We shouldn't let stupid things like the end of the world get in the way of being friends.

I'm really grateful to have you guys around. Also I'm reinstating Ed as an admin...as soon as I can figure out how.
averagejoe
Site Admin

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:32 pm

I'm sorry that I was a jerk at times, and I'm sorry to all the Metaguards I offended.

Also, Joe and Ed, thank you for getting back together as friends. Now, everything will be fine.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:18 pm

I am sorry for anything I may have said or done that could have potentially offended, irritated, or saddened any of you. I will strive to do better in the future and I hope that the friends we meet on these forums will stay just that: friends. Have a good day, everyone.
Apparently, slightly less weird than most of you.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Endless Sea on Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:20 pm

My apologies for generally being a self-absorbed, angsty jerkass at times. And for pretty much never contributing. :(
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby Scarab on Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:48 pm

Bumping because I'm kinda hoping we might get this stickied?
Scarab

Postby Victin on Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:55 pm

Scarab wrote:Bumping because I'm kinda hoping we might get this stickied?

Agreed. Also, I'm sure I should apologize, but I don't know what for.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:10 am

Genndy Oda C.O.G. wrote:My apologies. I am so sorry. What I did was unacceptable. I started this chain reaction of immaturity, and I'm supposed to be semi-logical. I may have permanently terminated my connections with the Cabal, and brought myself back down to comic relief. If there's any way I can make it up to anyone, let me know. Thanks. Sincerely, Genndy Oda C.O.G.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Dryunya on Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:44 pm

I'm sorry for routinely making promises I can't keep. :(
I have attempted to suppress my inner hyperspace future gardener crying out against all the injustice I am committing.
Dryunya

Postby S_o_S on Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:25 pm

Dryunya wrote:I'm sorry for routinely making promises I can't keep. :(

This. I said I would write refics for R+J and Pan. I failed to do both of those things. I expect to fail to write refics for Holmes, Moriarty and whoever else I said I would do.
Not a distress call. Honest.
S_o_S

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:34 pm

Dryunya wrote:I'm sorry for routinely making promises I can't keep. :(

*smacks Dryu* *smacks Dryu's inferiority complex*
You should be apologizing for being so hard on yourself, silly.

And now I have to apologize for smacking Dryu.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Krika on Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:03 pm

I feel that I should apologize for something. Not entirely sure what I have to apologize for so.........apologies! :D
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Location: Usually my dorm, with my laptop. Oh, you meant city? Rochester, in the freezing state of New York.

Postby SOHCAHTOA on Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:09 pm

I ask apologies, for all the times I hogged the spotlight and made everyone start talking about me. You know, all those times where I let my inferiority complex get the best of me. I apologize for acting irrationaly in the chatroom recently. I'm quick to anger, so I lost my cool and started blurting out things I'd regret, and I'd probably wouldn't come back to this site if Eli hadn't stopped me before I made everyone hate me. I know I've already apologized to everyone when it happened, but to me, it seemed wrong not to ask for forgiveness here.
I'm back, not that anyone cares.
SOHCAHTOA

Postby Endless Sea on Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:13 pm

...alright, that argument definitely got way out of hand. Sorry, Eli and Pixel and especially Xana and everyone else who was in the chat when everything went down. :(
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:17 pm

Stress from work and hyperactive students has clearly addled my mind. No excuse, I know.
I've edited the post in question; put back most of the stuff, the rest anyone else can. I have too much of a headache to stare at the code for any longer, especially when I've still got more work to do.

Sorry to those I've upset.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Sicon112 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:06 pm

Sorry 'bout getting mad in the chatbox there guys.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:39 pm

Sorry, eli and Sea, for offending America and NASA by suggesting that the Space Shuttles be used as massive fireworks and acting immaturely.

Sorry for being an asshole.

Sorry for offending anyone.

Sorry for being a jerk.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:05 pm

Sorry for bringing up suicide in Jester's leaving notice.

Sorry for going off topic.

Sorry for horribly angering Adell.

Sorry for shouting at him.

Sorry for being nasty to him.

Sorry for being an asshole to Fast Eddie.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby Genndy Oda C.O.G. on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:19 pm

Sorry for being faint, and for being overtly polite. That's not supposed to be my thing, according to mental consensus. Formality is Tim's thing. Not to mention the fact that I consider you guys my friends. So I'm going to be the true Gen now. My apologies in advance.
Genndy Oda C.O.G.

Postby Scarab on Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:35 pm

Sorry, guys, for being a jerk this evening, especially if I put anyone else in a difficult position, there was really NO sense in getting as worked up as I did.

I'd like to blame the moon but... if everyone did that we'd probably have people getting off for murder on Temporary Insanity claims left right and centre, so...
Scarab

Next

Return to Off Topic