Chess

Anything goes.

Chess

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:45 pm

So, Pix and I were goofing off. >_> and I like chess, so I bugged him into playing a game with me. and we found a server, so maybe you guys want to play? (be forewarned, I am horrible)
http://www.gameroom2000.com/multiplayer-games/chess.htm

It has a guest option so there is no need to register. ^_^

EDIT:
So, someone... I dunno who at the moment, but some awesome person found this http://multiplayerchess.com/

^^ this is a better option. the only problem is that the timer is set for only 3, 5, and 10 minute intervals. and free play.
Last edited by eli_gone_crazy on Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eli_gone_crazy

Re: Chess

Postby Victin on Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:57 pm

I like to play chess, but I'm awful at it. I'll try to go there asap. :D
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Blurred_9L on Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:08 pm

eli_gone_crazy wrote:So, Pix and I were goofing off. >_> and I like chess...

Welp, I asked once if somebody was up for a match... Nobody answered... Guess you weren't there. I'm up for it :D
Why should we do the right thing?
-Well... because it's the right thing to do, there's no other good reason.

Am I a bad guy trying to be good, or a good guy trying to convince himself that he's not the bad guy?
Blurred_9L

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:10 pm

I've already said I may drop by, but I've also already said that I have only played the game very rarely and am awful at it, so there is that. I'm sure I could get better with practice, but I don't really have the time to play it a lot.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Pixelmage on Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:14 pm

Well, credits to Blur for linking me to that website.
I'm not sure if I should register though... But we can always coordinate the games in the chatroom, just PM someone with the room name and you guest number, like Eli and I have done. ^_^
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby S_o_S on Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:08 pm

Sicon112 wrote:I've already said I may drop by, but I've also already said that I have only played the game very rarely and am awful at it, so there is that. I'm sure I could get better with practice, but I don't really have the time to play it a lot.

Mmm, that irony tastes lovely.

I am also a horrible chess player, but if someone wants a match, let me know via PM or chat.
Not a distress call. Honest.
S_o_S

Postby Endless Sea on Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:22 pm

S_o_S wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:I've already said I may drop by, but I've also already said that I have only played the game very rarely and am awful at it, so there is that. I'm sure I could get better with practice, but I don't really have the time to play it a lot.

Mmm, that irony tastes lovely.

I am also a horrible chess player, but if someone wants a match, let me know via PM or chat.

What he said.
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby JackAlsworth on Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:04 pm

I used to be decent, but then I took an arrow to the kn*BLAM*

...er, I mean, I stopped playing for a number of years. Always willing to pick up a game and get slaughtered by one of you guys, though. :)
JackAlsworth

Postby agoraoptera on Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:05 am

>_>

<_<

Chinese chess anyone? Or weiqi?

I wanna play a round with you when I get back to Singapore, other half! :D Im terribad too :D
If you can make it better, don't make it sentient.

agoraoptera wrote: :| Shane just because I'm Asian doesn't mean I get to be Godzilla

Proud co-writer of the Greatest Idea of Our Time: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1236
agoraoptera

Postby Pixelmage on Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:29 am

On that note, if anyone can play Shogi, CONTACT ME AT ONCE. ;)
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Victin on Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:31 am

Pixelmage wrote:On that note, if anyone can play Shogi, CONTACT ME AT ONCE. ;)

What's Shogi?
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Pixelmage on Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:34 am

Facepalm aside...

Japanese Chess.
Get here to learn how to play it.
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Endless Sea on Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:13 am

I used to know how to play Go, but I've completely forgotten.
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby RotavatoR on Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:16 pm

Anyone up for a game? If I don't practice I'll never defeat gramps...
RotavatoR

Postby narrativedilettante on Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:29 am

RotavatoR wrote:Anyone up for a game? If I don't practice I'll never defeat gramps...

It's been a while, but it'd be fun to start playing chess against you guys again.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby RotavatoR on Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:11 pm

narrativedilettante wrote:
RotavatoR wrote:Anyone up for a game? If I don't practice I'll never defeat gramps...

It's been a while, but it'd be fun to start playing chess against you guys again.

Sure, I'm up for it. How's saturday for you? Need a good time though :/
RotavatoR

Postby narrativedilettante on Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:37 pm

I'm not sure about next Saturday. I might be driving for most of the day. I'll let you know.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby RotavatoR on Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:22 pm

That was a fun match. I overlooked a move so I gave up, which is a shame :(

Anyone else up for a game?
RotavatoR

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:52 pm

I would, but you'd beat me in ten seconds flat. I have no eye for strategy, not to mention all the intricacies of the game itself. But hey, if you know any good books on the topic, I'd read up an get back to ya!
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby RotavatoR on Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:05 pm

IslaKariese wrote:I would, but you'd beat me in ten seconds flat. I have no eye for strategy, not to mention all the intricacies of the game itself. But hey, if you know any good books on the topic, I'd read up an get back to ya!

I've never read a chess book in my life. I've mostly learnt it by playing. Seems a lot less boring to me :)

Also I don't have much of a strategy either, especially not at the first half of the game. Wanna try sometime? :D
RotavatoR

Postby IslaKariese on Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:26 pm

RotavatoR wrote:
IslaKariese wrote:I would, but you'd beat me in ten seconds flat. I have no eye for strategy, not to mention all the intricacies of the game itself. But hey, if you know any good books on the topic, I'd read up an get back to ya!

I've never read a chess book in my life. I've mostly learnt it by playing. Seems a lot less boring to me :)

Also I don't have much of a strategy either, especially not at the first half of the game. Wanna try sometime? :D

I wouldn't be much of a challenge. And how do you go about playing chess with an opponent over the internet anyway? Is there a site you're using?
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby narrativedilettante on Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:33 pm

IslaKariese wrote:And how do you go about playing chess with an opponent over the internet anyway? Is there a site you're using?

http://en.lichess.org/ lets you start a game, and send a link to whomever you want to play with.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby RotavatoR on Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:48 pm

IslaKariese wrote:I wouldn't be much of a challenge. And how do you go about playing chess with an opponent over the internet anyway? Is there a site you're using?

I'm not expecting a challenge :P And yeah, what Narra said. Eli also linked to something at the start of the topic
RotavatoR

Postby IslaKariese on Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:42 am

RotavatoR wrote:
IslaKariese wrote:I wouldn't be much of a challenge. And how do you go about playing chess with an opponent over the internet anyway? Is there a site you're using?

I'm not expecting a challenge :P And yeah, what Narra said. Eli also linked to something at the start of the topic

Winning an arm wrestling match against a two-year-old is nothing to brag about. Same logic applies to winning a chess game against me. :D :lol:

But if you wanna play anyway, I guess I'm game. When do you wanna do this?
IslaKariese

Postby RotavatoR on Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:40 pm

IslaKariese wrote:Winning an arm wrestling match against a two-year-old is nothing to brag about.

Speak for yourself :P Noodle arms over here.
IslaKariese wrote:When do you wanna do this?

Hrm let's see... How's saturday, about noon your time? Should be 8-ish for me.
RotavatoR

Next

Return to Off Topic