The Pub Quiz Rules

Be creative! We know you can be <3

Re: The Pub Quiz Rules

Postby Sicon112 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:06 pm

Scarab wrote:
Sicon112 wrote:
We could always use Skype...


Yes, that's a possibility although we DID want something people won't have to sign up to and download in order to use...


Valid point. Skype is really annoying. I always leave it shut off because it keeps slamming itself into my firewall every three seconds otherwise and I refuse to let it allow other programs to contact mine.

The Finch wrote:Also, doesn't Skype cost money?


Not for chat rooms. Just phone calls.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
User avatar
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Re: The Pub Quiz Rules

Postby The Finch on Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:07 pm

Oh. Ok.
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
User avatar
The Finch
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:55 pm
Location: 3177 Lansing Dr. St. Ann, MO.

Re: The Pub Quiz Rules

Postby Scarab on Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:08 pm

RotavatoR wrote:Why would you need to send a pm? So you and Zup can discuss if the players answered right?


Yeah, basically it was so we had somewhere that people could have somewhere to send their answers at the end of the quiz.
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: The Pub Quiz Rules

Postby RotavatoR on Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:24 pm

So right now, skype is out of the question, and if you don't wanna work with Personal Messages on this forum, you need another chat room? I'd make a new thread for that, because not a lot of people are gonna see this:
Scarab wrote:if anybody has a better free chat room than chatzy which allows for free PMS please let us now


I don't really see the problem with using the PM system and having to wait for the results, though.
User avatar
RotavatoR
 
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:25 pm

Re: The Pub Quiz Rules

Postby Scarab on Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:29 pm

We have changed the chosen chat forum of the quiz to Neat Chat. See the beginning of this post for details.

RotavatoR wrote:So right now, skype is out of the question, and if you don't wanna work with Personal Messages on this forum, you need another chat room? I'd make a new thread for that, because not a lot of people are gonna see this:
Scarab wrote:if anybody has a better free chat room than chatzy which allows for free PMS please let us now


I don't really see the problem with using the PM system and having to wait for the results, though.


Don't worry, a new thread will be made on the day of the quiz, with the relevant announcements so hopefully everyone will see it. (I don't want to clutter up the Off topic page TOO much, we're not like those annoying Pill Spams >.>)

And the new system has a really good PM system allowing you to private chat with people if you want.

That is of course, unless we decide to go the TRADITIONAL route of pub quizes and just have everyone mark their own questions. I'm sure you guys could be trusted ;)
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: The Pub Quiz Rules

Postby Zup on Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:32 pm

The PMs are used for submitting answers, since this is not speed based, but knowledge based. Just like real pub chats. :P Plus, if you want to make teams, you can PM eachother and come up with an answer. At the beginning of the quiz, we'll sort out who is on teams and who wants to work alone. After that, I'll ask questions, and you PM Scarab or me the answer within the time limit. She and I will have the answers so we can tally your scores.
The wall will fall, if they stay; then we'll fight another day.
Never fear, the tropers here will help the written find their way.
User avatar
Zup
Meta-Knight
 
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:05 pm

Re: The Pub Quiz Rules

Postby Scarab on Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:45 pm

Zup wrote:The PMs are used for submitting answers, since this is not speed based, but knowledge based. Just like real pub chats. :P Plus, if you want to make teams, you can PM eachother and come up with an answer. At the beginning of the quiz, we'll sort out who is on teams and who wants to work alone. After that, I'll ask questions, and you PM Scarab or me the answer within the time limit. She and I will have the answers so we can tally your scores.


And I PROMISE we won't get even ther SLIGHTEST bit confused :D
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: The Pub Quiz Rules

Postby Adell on Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:23 pm

Scarab wrote:
Zup wrote:The PMs are used for submitting answers, since this is not speed based, but knowledge based. Just like real pub chats. :P Plus, if you want to make teams, you can PM eachother and come up with an answer. At the beginning of the quiz, we'll sort out who is on teams and who wants to work alone. After that, I'll ask questions, and you PM Scarab or me the answer within the time limit. She and I will have the answers so we can tally your scores.


And I PROMISE we won't get even ther SLIGHTEST bit confused :D


Suuuuuuuure.
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
User avatar
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter
 
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:31 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: The Pub Quiz Rules

Postby Scarab on Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:27 pm

Adell wrote:Suuuuuuuure.


We got this, Adell. Just trust us, it's all cool. 8-)
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: The Pub Quiz Rules

Postby Victin on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:29 pm

So, how is it going?
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
User avatar
Victin
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:17 pm
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Re: The Pub Quiz Rules

Postby Scarab on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:49 pm

Victin wrote:So, how is it going?


Pretty well, we'll be ready for saturday :) Just a question of getting out timing right on the night... or in some of our cases, the mid afternoon. (Damn timezones...)
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: The Pub Quiz Rules

Postby Zup on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:09 pm

We are currently set for 6pm EST (that's 11:00PM GMT for Scarab and I) so hopefully you all can make it! I invited our illustrious puppet masters, and we'll see if we have some company!
The wall will fall, if they stay; then we'll fight another day.
Never fear, the tropers here will help the written find their way.
User avatar
Zup
Meta-Knight
 
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:05 pm

Re: The Pub Quiz Rules

Postby Pixelmage on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:20 pm

Zup wrote:We are currently set for 6pm EST (that's 11:00PM GMT for Scarab and I) so hopefully you all can make it! I invited our illustrious puppet masters, and we'll see if we have some company!

If you didn't change the time since that form back in the other thread it'll be 22:00h for me. I'll be here... I tried to persuade Mr. A to join... Not sure if it'll work though.
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
User avatar
Pixelmage
 
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:08 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: The Pub Quiz Rules

Postby NeverSlender on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:23 am

I'm now going out Saturday night for a friends birthday. I doubt I'll be back for 11 and if I am, I'll be in no fit state for a pub quiz.
Marching on together.
User avatar
NeverSlender
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:30 am
Location: Yorkshire, England

Re: The Pub Quiz Rules

Postby Scarab on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:25 am

NeverSlender wrote:I'm now going out Saturday night for a friends birthday. I doubt I'll be back for 11 and if I am, I'll be in no fit state for a pub quiz.


You'd probably get a lot of the questions right ;) Oh well, you'll be missed Slender. Enjoy your night out, and feel free to still show up if you can

Pixelmage wrote:If you didn't change the time since that form back in the other thread it'll be 22:00h for me. I'll be here... I tried to persuade Mr. A to join... Not sure if it'll work though.


Hey, worth a shot :D
They sometimes say, "the place where I am right now was circled on a map for me"... Unfortunately, I kind of suck at orienteering.
User avatar
Scarab
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm
Location: Durham, United Kingdom

Re: The Pub Quiz Rules

Postby Victin on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:51 pm

Scarab wrote:
Victin wrote:So, how is it going?


Pretty well, we'll be ready for saturday :) Just a question of getting out timing right on the night... or in some of our cases, the mid afternoon. (Damn timezones...)
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
User avatar
Victin
 
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:17 pm
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Previous

Return to Metaguard Projects

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests